PDA

View Full Version : What would make your squad better?

03-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Whatever. I was walking thru the roll call room the otherday and I heard lots os hushed conversations from members of the Cmmand Staff. And why did the Chief look like someone stole his puppy at the Awards thing a few days ago.

It all adds up to something NOT RIGHT!!

You should be a detective. lol. Are you a 1 year cop or are you really just dumb? Seriously? The command staff has hushed conversations every monday as does everyother police department.

Maybe they are after you. You should quit immediately! :twisted:

03-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Look, all I am saying is there has been some crazy shit going on around here in the last few weeks.

When I start to see things like that, I wonder how the overall stability of the agency is. You ever hear of the trickle down theory?!?!?!

Vic Makey
03-30-2008, 12:45 AM
I do not think a conspiracy theory is going on here … change is inevitable and happening in the department. People with 20 or 30 years will retire and move on. Whatever the motivations might be … it is what it is! We are all replaceable and we just need to do what we have to do to take care of ourselves and are families. Detail pick has never been as crowded as it was last week … so I guess we all need the money. Best bet is to be safe and don’t risk your livelihood! This change will all pass and life will go on!

03-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Vic is right, be very careful of what you do out there. Police work is changing every day. The state attorney's office is hunting police more than hardened career criminals. They want your ticket pulled and command staff along with the city have no choice but to cooperate. Even in a violent baghdad type city like the hill, we are expected to be kinder and gentler. We all know that it is not how police work should be done, but that is the direction society wants us to go in. I am not saying give up everything you learned about officer safety, I am just saying calm down out there with proactivity. Be selective on what you want to enforce and make sure you have more probable cause than usual. Take an hour out of your proactive schedule to study your statutes, policies and even case law. The officers we lost and the ones that we are looking at losing have there hearts in the right place but resisting this change will lead to each and everyone of us searching for a new job. It is inevitable so please even if you know what you are doing, study study study.

04-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Dosent it seem a little odd to anybody that our two Captains have up and retired months before they were expected to and out of the clear blue so did the A/C.

I think they all see what the City has in mind for the P.D. and are jumping ship.

Keep all this in mind when you decide to do proactive work.

It seems Luc's complaint stirred the pot. Also seems like if they didnt retire (A/C), they wouldnt get the option to leave on their own from the City Manager.

They are out to get us all !!

You are truly an idiot. This retirement issue has been going on for months now. The A/C didnt retire out of the blue you idiot. He took a deal that hes been looking at for a long time as did one of the captains. The other hasnt accepted any deal.

Quit trying to freak people out because people are leaving. They have been in LEO work for over 25+ years each.

Theres always a moron who uses anything to stir the pot.

Although most of what u said is true, the other Captain is taking a package as well and will be gone in a few months.