PDA

View Full Version : SOP question

02-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Just wondering, is it your departments policy to take the word of a person with documented mental illness who has previously threatened suicide and who has locked herself in a room with guns and medicine, over that of their family members who are trying to get her help and protection for themselves, because that’s what happened on 02/07/2009 on Meyers Rd in Brooksville, and no Baker act and very little investigation was ever completed. Also is it your policy to violate a person’s 2nd amendment rights by taking away his gun, which were in no way shape or form being used in any illegal matter, just because you were unsure whether or not the barrel is too short, when he called you to help him get it way from someone threatening suicide, again this took place at the same date and time. Also is it your policy to completely ignore and basically refuse the request of a civilian who physically responded to your department to file a formal complaint because they felt their situation was not handled correctly. They were trying to go about the situation correctly, not yelling and cursing at the deputies (which happens too much in your business) and they were refused service and explanation for what was going on. This happened on the afternoon of 02/07/2009 and according to the office this civilian went to the Sheriff’s office was closed on weekends, I didn’t know they closed. Anyways I hope this was just the actions of some lazy deputies not wanting to take a report or make a transport at the end of their shift and not the policy of this whole department, because this is unacceptable. Also I hope someone who matters hears about this situation and fixes it before the new media gets word of it and lawyers get involved. It sounds like this department could be in it for a lot of money and some new administration with actions, or lack of actions like this!

02-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Call the supervisor to look into this if you feel we didnt do our job.We are proffesionals and welcome you!! :D

02-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Why would you ever go to a website like this and ask a MORON question like that. The only answer I could think of is that you are trying STUR more problems. Do you really think we are closed on the weekends. Pop you head out of that hole and call the Sheriff. You may not get him personally but you will get to talk to someone of rank. It sounds like you think you know about the law and civil rights violations.....(NOT) so stay away form this site and do the right thing if you really want to help out with this so called problem call the office... Oh by the way we are OPEN 24/7 you can speak to a supervisor too.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

02-08-2009, 05:01 PM
It also funny because there was a supervisor on scene that night.