PDA

View Full Version : BBPD Officer arrested

02-05-2009, 03:52 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28952026/28952026

Boynton Beach Police Officer Arrested By His Own Department
Charged With Domestic Violence

updated 8:16 p.m. ET Feb. 1, 2009

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla - Boynton Beach police Officer Thomas Jones was arrested by his own department Saturday morning on charges of domestic violence. This is the second time Jones, 30, has been in trouble with law enforcement, according to Boynton Beach police spokeswomen Stephanie Slater.

Jones is charged with felony battery or domestic violence with strangulation and battery and was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. He has been suspended with pay, Slater confirmed.

In October 2001 Jones was suspended for three weeks by then Police Chief Marshall Gage after Jones injured a fellow officer in a car crash at 3a.m. while the two were off-duty. An internal investigation concluded Jones should have been arrested after the incident. In this case Jones' blood alcohol level was not taken until 1 1/2 hours after the crash and registered 0.9. Florida law states a person is considered drunk if they have a with blood alcohol level of 0.08 percent or more. Prosecutors did not file charges citing insufficient evidence, it was reported.

02-13-2009, 05:14 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28952026/28952026

Boynton Beach Police Officer Arrested By His Own Department
Charged With Domestic Violence

updated 8:16 p.m. ET Feb. 1, 2009

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla - Boynton Beach police Officer Thomas Jones was arrested by his own department Saturday morning on charges of domestic violence. This is the second time Jones, 30, has been in trouble with law enforcement, according to Boynton Beach police spokeswomen Stephanie Slater.

Jones is charged with felony battery or domestic violence with strangulation and battery and was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. He has been suspended with pay, Slater confirmed.

In October 2001 Jones was suspended for three weeks by then Police Chief Marshall Gage after Jones injured a fellow officer in a car crash at 3a.m. while the two were off-duty. An internal investigation concluded Jones should have been arrested after the incident. In this case Jones' blood alcohol level was not taken until 1 1/2 hours after the crash and registered 0.9. Florida law states a person is considered drunk if they have a with blood alcohol level of 0.08 percent or more. Prosecutors did not file charges citing insufficient evidence, it was reported.

This level of unprofessionalism and unprogressivism is ridiculous.

05-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Well apparently the officer involved in this was found not guilty in a trial by judge with the judge citing that the state failed to meet the burden of proof neccesary. I also think it is funny that during the course of the trial, which can be verified through the courtroom recording, that the female officer (victim) and the first responding officer, Ofc. C, Rivera, were engaged in extra marital affairs with other officers within the same department. This was admitted on the stand under oath and further that both of these officers had used the responding officer's residence to further their affairs with other married police officers within the department (ofc. Perez and Ofc. Mulheisen). This too me is irreprehensible. Is this the caliber of officers we have working for the citizens of Boynton Beach that they can't even be trusted with their fellow officer's in blue wives. Next time they make an arrest hope they can be trusted enough not to lie on some poor citizens arrest paperwork. Guess it is just one more item in a long list that BBPD wants to turn a blind eye to and sweep under the rug.

05-07-2009, 03:09 AM
HAHA..... THATS RIGHT AND THERE IS NOTHING THAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT... LOL................ :devil:

05-15-2009, 02:20 PM
I think someone needs to contact Lambiet of the Palm Beach Post regarding this BBPD Sex Scandal ! Very Interesting. Only a matter of time before his hits the newpaper.

11-10-2009, 02:06 AM
I have known this guy for a very long time. It's unfortunate that people jump to conclusions based on a news story.
I know some facts to share about my friend Tom Jones. He finished High School with very good grades. He served in the U.S. Army and was
Honorably Discharged. He's never been arrested before. This arrest was not legitimate as determined by a Court of Law. I'm told that Tom suffered terribly when his fellow officer was hurt in the accident at which point he nearly got fired. What hasn't been told is that Officer Tom Jones rescued a child from a burning house and was decorated for Valor after that accident. He was not fired. If has has been falsely charged with a crime and then acquitted and cleared of all charges there should be some explaining to do for whoever chooses to dismiss him especially in light of what has been admitted by his accusers. His family has suffered terribly in the last 10 years. Leave this guy alone.

11-19-2009, 02:25 AM
I have known this guy for a very long time. It's unfortunate that people jump to conclusions based on a news story.
I know some facts to share about my friend Tom Jones. He finished High School with very good grades. He served in the U.S. Army and was
Honorably Discharged. He's never been arrested before. This arrest was not legitimate as determined by a Court of Law. I'm told that Tom suffered terribly when his fellow officer was hurt in the accident at which point he nearly got fired. What hasn't been told is that Officer Tom Jones rescued a child from a burning house and was decorated for Valor after that accident. He was not fired. If has has been falsely charged with a crime and then acquitted and cleared of all charges there should be some explaining to do for whoever chooses to dismiss him especially in light of what has been admitted by his accusers. His family has suffered terribly in the last 10 years. Leave this guy alone.

Well said! Tom is a great cop and and a great person. He's the kind of guy that would give you the shirt off his own back. I agree - leave the guy alone...