PDA

View Full Version : DETAILS DETAILS

02-03-2009, 01:34 AM
it appears that a certain group is receiving favortism when the details are handed out.
someone complained about it and they were told to mind their business.
looks like a certain LT that is in charge of details is giving his officers first dibs on the details. it doesnt help when the person(civilian) who organizes the details calls certain officers (traffic) and lets them know shes about to post details and then they magically get signed up for the details.

looks like everyone should get together, notify the PBA of their complaint and then let them handle it. maybe they can get this one right. although the last detail-gate ended in a huge cluster with two felones allowed to walk amongst us.

stand strong...

02-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I don't think the problem is with the Lt. but with a certain Sgt. that works out there. I'll narrow it down for ya, the one that walks around like he has a stick up his arse. That guy is an overtime hog. Guess it doesn't bother him that he is taking food off of the troops table.

02-05-2009, 01:42 PM
What a surprise. Former traffic/now day shift OT hog has gotten not one, but two of the newest 12 hour details that have just popped up over the past day. Good of him to realize that others would like some OT too, especially since details are slim. Good that he's got his inside source for the posting heads up.

02-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Aren't the details seniority based? If so, wouldn't the senior guys get them anyway regardless of when they were filled? If I don't understand the system, please explain...

02-06-2009, 03:30 AM
Aren't the details seniority based? If so, wouldn't the senior guys get them anyway regardless of when they were filled? If I don't understand the system, please explain...

If you dont understand the system, there isnt a need to know on your end.

02-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Truth is, detail goes to the most senior member, so it really doesn't matter if these people get "tips" to the postings or not. If you wanted to make big bucks, then maybe medical school should have been the path.

02-06-2009, 09:47 PM
You obviously don't know how the entire system works. Not everything goes by seniority. Try to save your attempts at funny quips for something you have more knowledge about.

02-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Not everything is seniority based? Please discern which details are or aren't and who or what determines if they are or are not. This may be where your problem lies. (If in fact this is true) If the powers to be have the authority to haphazardly make certain details "first come, first serve" (which is the only way they could do it other than seniority) without rhyme or reason, then why don't you go to your collective bargaining unit?

02-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Wait...we have a collective bargaining unit?

02-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Wait...we have a collective bargaining unit?

Again, it is obvious you have no clue as to our procedures with the signing up for certain overtime. Therefore, you need not concern yourself any further with this post. If you were any familiar with our system, you wouldn't be wasting your time.

02-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Collective bargaining of couse we do. Ask the last four or five of us that walked or limped out the front door jobless.

02-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Sounds like RITE has no dang clue either. Why don't you tell us rather than keep saying no one knows.

02-07-2009, 12:54 AM
I won't explain anything to those who obviously don't have any business posting on our forum. There is no need to explain how our system works to those who don't use it.

02-07-2009, 01:01 AM
RITE? Bill, is that you?

02-07-2009, 01:06 AM
RITE? Bill, is that you?

No. He's too busy on the CYA site waiting on the new details to post. Read my first couple of posts above. You'll realize I am not him.

02-07-2009, 01:10 AM
http://www.cyausa.com/product/sems.asp

Says jobs are fair and equitable in distribution by nature of CYA.....Now what's the story RITE?

02-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the link. I just read the information and didn't see where it is fair and equitable when certain people have the inside scoop on when details (not seniority based) are posted. Could you send me the link where I can read that?

02-07-2009, 01:24 AM
Sounds like you need to constantly monitor the postings for the jobs if you are that hard up for dough, bro.

02-07-2009, 01:44 AM
Sounds like you need to constantly monitor the postings for the jobs if you are that hard up for dough, bro.

Its not a matter of who's hard up for dough, its a matter of right and wrong. Funny how these posts mutate into something that is different than the original posted subject.

02-07-2009, 02:32 AM
No matter what system of off duty job assignments there is, it will always be unfair in someone's eye. What system would you have to make it fair to everyone?

02-07-2009, 02:41 AM
No matter what system of off duty job assignments there is, it will always be unfair in someone's eye. What system would you have to make it fair to everyone?

The matter is NOT the CYA system itself. It works fine when EVERYONE has the same opportunities. A system WITHOUT the secret phone calls to certain people to let them know when a spot is about to post would be nice.

02-07-2009, 11:45 PM
This is Lakeland there will always be those phone calls and whispering in some ones ear. Regarding CYA or sanctions or who goes next. Its never gonna change. Never.

02-08-2009, 04:11 AM
There are no secret phone calls.......the guy you speak of understands how the system works. He monitors it all day long, constantly refreshing the screen like some of you people refresh the pending events screen hoping something doesn't pop up in your zone. He even gets up at night to check the site sometimes. When you have someone that dedicated to spending his time to constantly monitor the CYA site, how can you b**ch about fairness?? Maybe you should dedicate YOUR time to monitoring the site like he does......you'd get a chance to compete with him......click for click. It's not seniority, it about how who's quickest to the click after all the seniority based stuff gets handed out. Sounds like some people here need a crash course in how the system works. I personally can't get a detail outta the chute to save my life, I quit trying because it doesn't mean that much to me. Now quit b**chin because you think you are owed the right to soak up details just by sitting on your azz due to your seniority. You want em..........go get em. But for God's sake quit your cryin.

02-08-2009, 05:00 PM
There are no secret phone calls.......the guy you speak of understands how the system works. He monitors it all day long, constantly refreshing the screen like some of you people refresh the pending events screen hoping something doesn't pop up in your zone. He even gets up at night to check the site sometimes. When you have someone that dedicated to spending his time to constantly monitor the CYA site, how can you b**ch about fairness?? Maybe you should dedicate YOUR time to monitoring the site like he does......you'd get a chance to compete with him......click for click. It's not seniority, it about how who's quickest to the click after all the seniority based stuff gets handed out. Sounds like some people here need a crash course in how the system works. I personally can't get a detail outta the chute to save my life, I quit trying because it doesn't mean that much to me. Now quit b**chin because you think you are owed the right to soak up details just by sitting on your azz due to your seniority. You want em..........go get em. But for God's sake quit your cryin.

Nobody who uses the system needs a crash course in how it works. They also would not think that anyone would be that "hard up for dough" so much that they spend every available moment while at work, or at home, waking up at night, or getting his wife to check for him (yes, it's true) to get details. There ARE others who want to make more money who don't have the time to check every available moment of the day and night. BTW, he's let it slip that he has the inside info from the coordinator.

02-10-2009, 01:42 AM
If you need help, ask Felicia. She's a wiz.

02-12-2009, 01:40 PM
if anyone has a problem with Bill signing up for details they should man up and talk to him instead of stabbing him in the back on this website. As far as I am concerned you are a bunch of spineless fools. Bill gets the details he does because he gets on CYA all the time. I get the details I get because I too am on there all the time. If you have a problem with it come and see me. I work Monday through Friday 7- 3:24. I will discuss this with you if you want to, but stop hurling accusations that you know nothing about. Everyone wonders why our department is tearing itself apart. This is a big reason. It's easier to backstab each other on a website than it is to confront the person and get the truth.

Doug Brown

02-12-2009, 05:35 PM
if anyone has a problem with Bill signing up for details they should man up and talk to him instead of stabbing him in the back on this website. As far as I am concerned you are a bunch of spineless fools. Bill gets the details he does because he gets on CYA all the time. I get the details I get because I too am on there all the time. If you have a problem with it come and see me. I work Monday through Friday 7- 3:24. I will discuss this with you if you want to, but stop hurling accusations that you know nothing about. Everyone wonders why our department is tearing itself apart. This is a big reason. It's easier to backstab each other on a website than it is to confront the person and get the truth.

Doug Brown

Of course, Doug, you would defend him because you benefit from his greed often. Remember, those of us who pay attention see what details he gets and gives away to who he sees fit. If I am not mistaken, when he signed up for the new apartment complex for this week, you were given the Lakeside he had already been assigned which happened to conflict in times. Don't mistake you making a non-anonymous comment as justifying what's going on here.

02-25-2009, 04:58 AM
R.I.T.E., how about stop hiding behind a screen name. I'm not afraid to sign my name. I do benefit from someone who works the system better than anyone else. I appreciate the fact that he thinks of me when he is unable to work a detail. I also work the system atleast 10-15 times a day myself. My point behind this post is that we receive no special treatment from Sandy, Lt. Link or anyone else. Why doesn't anyone complain about the details that the SRO's are given at school related functions before anyone else is allowed. Everyone can complain all they want, but what good does it do? I know that I need to work details so as to lessen the burden on my family. As such, I get on the computer during the day and evening whenever I get a wild hair. That is how I get the majority of my details. All the ones doing the complaining have the same oppurtunities to take a little time out of your day and log on to the system. You obviously have enough time to see when I "benefit" from Bill. It takes less than a couple of minutes each time you sign on. I am disgruntled with the fact that the majority of people on this board hide behind screen names and make smart comments toward each other. All we're doing is building grief amongst the ranks.

02-25-2009, 10:13 PM
LET'S DON'T BLOW THIS OUT OF PROPORTION. IT IS FUN TO *****....I DO IT TOO ...BUT LET'S DON'T RUIN THE OT SYSTEM BECAUSE OF IT. THIS ISN'T THAT SERIOUS, LET IT GO. LIFE ISN'T FAIR..... AND IT NEVER WILL BE. AS LONG AS I'VE BEEN HERE THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN SOME TYPE OF BULL CRAP GOING ON WITH THE OT.

02-26-2009, 01:25 AM
There is PLENYT of stuff that goes on inside these walls here. It is SAD to watch two or more of us argue over this bull. We all need to pay bills and take care of little ones. But they got to love it up on floor number 3 to watch us bicker about this nonsense. Their hiring and firing when ever they want for real nonsense. There are folks who should be here with us and are gone for nothing! While others here flourish and act like they have not ruined peoples lives. They do stuff for and on CYA that would get either of you pink slips even with the big backing we have. What i'm trying to say is lets fight together againts the ones who are reading this and laughing cause we've taken them out of the spotlight. We need each other together we are strong. We need to spread the details of their Empire being run here like it was 1950. Lets all start to look out for each other. No one else is going to do it.