PDA

View Full Version : Same 'Ol Shat

02-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Once again the average Joe gets screwed AGAIN. NH, nothing directed at you at all. You are an outstanding deputy and I'm sure you will make an even better supervisor. #1 you might as well pull your **** out and slap your sgt's upside the face . It appears that none of your sr sgt's are qualified to do anything but patrol from this transfer. So what does it take to go from a spec. unit to another? As if things were not bad enough as it is you sure know how to make your people feel good about working here.

NH congrats!!! I'm sure you would have rather spent more time on the road, but what can you do when the man says your going else where.

02-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Stop yo *****in!!!! Sgt's get openings all the time for specialized units. You will get a chance to go to one ....uh, never :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's ****ed up.....LOL, a Sgt for less then a month and get's moved over all the other Sgt's.

02-02-2009, 11:10 PM
As long as there is a certain Capt over specialized units, there will be no real vetting process for openings in those units. NH; congrats on the opportunity to broaden your horizons.

02-03-2009, 02:22 AM
NH your a good deputy, but this is a bull shit decision. You made SGT what a month ago? I agree with Ben a **** slap to the face. Well, what do you expect only one other swat sgt suprised he didn't get it.

02-03-2009, 03:07 AM
what did i miss, where did he go?

02-03-2009, 04:15 AM
I don't think it was the Cpt's choice. No offense to Nathan. I think this transfer is the Sheriff's choice. If he were in touch with the rank and file he would have considered others with more experience as a supervisor for the job...Salter (former AIM), Musselwhite, Davis, Butcher, Entrekin (worked in Drug Court), Dunsford (supervised AIM), all should have been considered for the job. I just think he went with what he thought everybody wanted. Just because everyone likes and respects Nathan doesn't mean he was the best choice.

02-03-2009, 04:32 AM
I don't think it was the Cpt's choice. No offense to Nathan. I think this transfer is the Sheriff's choice. If he were in touch with the rank and file he would have considered others with more experience as a supervisor for the job...Salter (former AIM), Musselwhite, Davis, Butcher, Entrekin (worked in Drug Court), Dunsford (supervised AIM), all should have been considered for the job. I just think he went with what he thought everybody wanted. Just because everyone likes and respects Nathan doesn't mean he was the best choice.

AIM? Drug Court? Wow. I understand the point you are trying to make but you missed a few supervisors that have accomplished a lot more and have been involved in a lot more than that.
Guessing the promotion freeze for Sergeants means some on the top of the list need more qualifications other than being golfing buddies or other reasons.

02-03-2009, 04:44 AM
AIM? Drug Court? Wow. I understand the point you are trying to make but you missed a few supervisors that have accomplished a lot more and have been involved in a lot more than that.
Guessing the promotion freeze for Sergeants means some on the top of the list need more qualifications other than being golfing buddies or other reasons.[/quote]

Who are the supervisors who have accomplished more? And what promotion freeze? I think you are being unfair to R.D. and are jumping to conclusions.

02-03-2009, 05:23 AM
I hope this thread is not becoming a bash fest against any in the rank and file, or a one upmanship contest to decide who has more accomplishments. This decision was made at the very top, and being at the very top, #1 has no obligation to explain or justify himself to the ranks. I would hope, however, he understood good moral also starts at the top. If the Sheriff had to create a committee every time a major decision had to be made, nothing would ever get accomplished, but not even pretending to consider more senior Sergeants for this position does not tend to foster any ambition, and therefore, incentive in others.

02-03-2009, 06:15 AM
Nathan, I told you so just the other night. LOL Good Luck on your new assignment.

02-03-2009, 01:43 PM
It appears that NH has been chosen to take over GPS. Does anyone know what the requirements were to get this job? :evil:

02-03-2009, 11:31 PM
I tip my hate to Nate, he does well wherever he goes. As far as I am concerned he is the standard. It doesn't matter where Nathan works: I promise you he WILL put the bad guys in jail and do a d@mn good job at it. Congrats Nathan.

02-03-2009, 11:52 PM
I would have to agree with the last post 100% and NH I wish you the best of luck, even if your not gonna need it. I don't think the point of all this has anything to do with NH. Rather more of the fact that the SO has several other Sgt's that would have loved to have an opportunity at this position. I know a few of the Sgt's listed above wanted a shot at it as well as others that were more than qualified i.e. BC, JD, JW, and JE. All that doesn't matter, however I will say that it is hard to keep moral of the troops up when the Sgt's moral is so bad, but then again when is the last time any majors or captains have asked how things were going.

02-03-2009, 11:54 PM
x2 100%

02-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Guessing the promotion freeze for Sergeants means some on the top of the list need more qualifications other than being golfing buddies or other reasons.

Who are the supervisors who have accomplished more? And what promotion freeze? I think you are being unfair to R.D. and are jumping to conclusions.[/quote]

As long as there is a sheriff who is elected there will always, I repeat always, be a bunch of a$$ kissers and I can name a list of them right now, and Sgt. Hall is not one of them. Certain people are a##kisser and I can name a few. RD is among the lazy folks who crawfish out of calls but he is in the top five of the sgts list and he plays golf with the sheriff. MH is a story by itself that needs no title but having a relationship with #2 would not have any "perceptions" of favortism should she be prmoted? it's not like #2 would have any influence on the sheriff, none whatsoever. (right). If MH becomes my supervisor, I'll quit. Sorry, not trying to bash her but integrity or lack thereof could result in loosing one's job, even if it wasn't hers. Others may not even be a@@kisser. JS quit the sheriff's dept and a year later came back only to be eligible to take the sgt test. DB could not attend the sgt test so they set aside a special day for him when they wouldn’t for others.

Sgt. Hall did not do anything to earn his promotion and transfer, except work hard, not lay out sick, demonstrate great leadership, and put the bad guys in jail everyday. In fact of all of the sgt promotions Sgt. Hall earned it a thousand times over. Most of those folks in the top 10 are in it to satisfy their ego trip but not Sgt. Hall.

02-04-2009, 12:13 AM
You have no idea what's really going on do you? I think you are way off base attacking people on this thread. No one has done that so far except for you. Why don't you go confront J.S., R.D., and M.H. yourself and tell them how you really feel to their face. Coward.

02-04-2009, 12:17 AM
You have no idea what's really going on do you? I think you are way off base attacking people on this thread. No one has done that so far except for you. Why don't you go confront J.S., R.D., and M.H. yourself and tell them how you really feel to their face. Coward.

I agree. What does any of them have to with this thread?

02-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Even the sgts are not above getting buttf$uked

02-04-2009, 04:06 AM
could it possibly be that nathan hall was the BEST one qualified for that particular job? does someone have to be a butt kisser to get EVERY job or not be a butt kisser NOT TO GET every job. Why couldn't it possibly be that Nathan (a great officer) got it because he was the BEST of a particular group? Now that isn't saying that others are NOT very well qualified and maybe if Nathan wasn't around they would have been selected and would have done a great job too! But why does it always have to be a bashing session every time on every decision? If RP doesn't get the security job he comes back and goes right back into his old position right?.....and Nathan goes back to the road where he probably wants to be to begin with. I think Nathan is a great officer and will do a great job wherever they send him and there's others that would and could do the same!

02-04-2009, 04:55 AM
Sounds like some Sgt's should have waited to take the promotional exam. If you don't want to be stuck on the road for your entire career, you may want to get some experience in other units before taking the test. I know that there are some well rounded Sgts out there but most of them have only worked patrol. I think NH was the best choice for this position.

02-04-2009, 05:04 AM
Ditto for Nathan

02-04-2009, 01:06 PM
If i got promoted today I would be looking forward to my new assignment, even it's mids in D-1 or D-5. Court Security don't sound bad. I would rather be on eves soemwhere with a crack squad hellraisers and go getters. Although I disagree with the tone of a previous post about some other deputies, I do have to say that I could be number 5 on the list and between Wendell's golfing buddies and KM's girlfriend in the top five I don't stand a chance. That's ok with me. Why? I am happy to have a job and what those other individuals do is their business. I just hope that when that day comes where I make it or soemone else for that matter, I can say I did it on my own and didn't need to play golf or date a senior staff member. Like I said I am not bashing them, it is what it is.

02-04-2009, 02:52 PM
I disagree with how this deal was handled but Nathan Hall has my vote any da of the week. I just wish we had more like Nathan, myself included.

02-04-2009, 04:47 PM
could it possibly be that nathan hall was the BEST one qualified for that particular job? does someone have to be a butt kisser to get EVERY job or not be a butt kisser NOT TO GET every job. Why couldn't it possibly be that Nathan (a great officer) got it because he was the BEST of a particular group? Now that isn't saying that others are NOT very well qualified and maybe if Nathan wasn't around they would have been selected and would have done a great job too! But why does it always have to be a bashing session every time on every decision? If RP doesn't get the security job he comes back and goes right back into his old position right?.....and Nathan goes back to the road where he probably wants to be to begin with. I think Nathan is a great officer and will do a great job wherever they send him and there's others that would and could do the same!

The bash isn't against NH. The point of this thread is there are supervisors here with the education and experience that are capable to work that position.

Do you think it would be right for someone to VOLUNTARILY leave this agency (big money or new career) and after a few weeks or months expect to come back as if nothing happened? You're saying that if YOU were promoted or transferred due to someone leaving it would be okay with you to go back to your prior position if the one who left came back? Get real. If that was the case why would anyone want to get a degree? Or be an FTO? Or work for a promotion?

02-04-2009, 09:21 PM
That only goes to show the sheriff, et al, takes care of certain people and f#ks others. I have no qualms about Sgt. Hall at all. But I do have a problem with the admin showing favortism, setting precedents etc for some and don't do it for others. A good example would be DB taking his sgt test on a day just for him when others couldnt do the same.

02-05-2009, 04:03 AM
It seems like everyone is rushing to tell Nathan that none of this is "really about him" but at the same time you're saying he doesn't deserve it in almost every post. my question is still "why doesn't he deserve it?" tell me who is it that deserves it more and what are their qualifications?

02-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I am not one to post comments or my opinions on this forum but I think I need to give some input on this topic. I would hope that the deputies or supervisors in this department have the courage to voice their opionions and dislikes about what is going on in this department. I would also hope that they would give some ideas on how to correct the problems that they have. We need to realize that this is our department and we have a good deal of the responsibility to make this a good working environment. For those that feel that they have been slighted with my transfer, I will be the first one to go and sit with you and tell Sheriff Hall that you can have the job if it will stop all the fighting. I appreciate for all the positive comments about me but they are not needed. Lets come up with solutions to our problems and realize that we are making an impact on new deputies coming into this job. Just try and remember why we became deputies. Remember how proud you were the first time put on the uniform and got 10-8. I wish everyone the best and be safe. Thanks Sgt. Hall.

02-05-2009, 03:01 PM
And on that note I think we can start talking about something else.

02-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Sgt. Hall, your post just backs up why you are undoubtedly the best choice for promotion and as to why Sheriff Hall placed you in your new assignment. Not once have I ever heard you involved in any contraversy. You do your job better than most, if not all of us (myself included) and go home to your wife every day. If I had a choice on any person I could be it would be Nathan Hall, but I'm not. So I'll follow your lead Sarge and do the best I can. Oh I know your creeping up on 35. Your gray hair is finally catching up to your age. Be safe old pal.

02-05-2009, 06:39 PM
I wonder if the Mod would lock this thing up. It's moot.

02-06-2009, 05:19 AM
Do you know what really pisses me off about this??? Nothing :snicker:

03-03-2009, 05:09 AM
I saw an advertisement come out today for Major Crimes Sgt. Maybe now all of the Sgt's that have been complaining have a position to put in for. To bad only a couple of Sgt's have MC experience.

03-03-2009, 06:10 AM
I don't think the anouncement said that it is required to have MC experience.

03-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Who is getting replaced? Freddie is retiring but his position was non-supervisory, as so I thought. (BTW Nothing against Freddie)

03-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Sgt PL is getting booted from Major Crimes. Freddie's position will not be filled and no one is getting promoted to get his "sgt" posistion. He was a sgt but had no supervisory responsibilities.

03-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Booted? You mean going to the kids house? So who's taking his spot? Lets start a pool $1 a person winner take all.

03-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Booted? You mean going to the kids house? So who's taking his spot? Lets start a pool $1 a person winner take all.

No, sent to the kids house due to his failings as a supervisor. Why not send him to the road? That would clear that promotion in just a few weeks.

03-05-2009, 10:03 PM
No, sent to the kids house due to his failings as a supervisor. Why not send him to the road? That would clear that promotion in just a few weeks.

They won't put him on the road... He can't wear his red ties with the uniform!! :devil:

03-06-2009, 01:33 AM
You last few posters have the intelligence of a small mosquito, and that is insulting to the mosquito. Your inane postings prove that you have absolutely no idea how the department works or the experience it takes to understand how any organization might operate. If just by chance the Sgt being moved is the acknowledged expert in his field would you put him where he is best utilized? Of course you would not. Why? The answer is found in the first line of this post. Good luck in the kids house Sgt, I know you will do the finest job possible for the victims of these terrible crimes.

03-06-2009, 04:26 AM
You last few posters have the intelligence of a small mosquito, and that is insulting to the mosquito. Your inane postings prove that you have absolutely no idea how the department works or the experience it takes to understand how any organization might operate. If just by chance the Sgt being moved is the acknowledged expert in his field would you put him where he is best utilized? Of course you would not. Why? The answer is found in the first line of this post. Good luck in the kids house Sgt, I know you will do the finest job possible for the victims of these terrible crimes.

Well since you are int the know, why don't you tell us why he was moved? I don't know for sure but something is up. if they were moving him because of his expertise then why didn't they do that over a year ago when the kids house opened. Why would they put him in a supervisory position and then a year later move him to a non supervisory position. Something stinks! The guy is a good Detective but so are alot of others in that unit. This whole thing is just strange. I remeber his promotion was a little controversial to begin with.

03-06-2009, 04:30 AM
Sgt PL is getting booted from Major Crimes. Freddie's position will not be filled and no one is getting promoted to get his "sgt" posistion. He was a sgt but had no supervisory responsibilities.

Apparently PL is taking Freddie's non supervisory position. I guess it depends on who gets the MC Sgt position that will determine wether or not anyone else will be pomoted.

03-07-2009, 06:37 AM
There's several people that say the next sergeant position is already theirs! Why can't we just move them into it?

03-07-2009, 02:44 PM

Could it be that your protector is being moved out of your unit? Could it be that you have a personal agenda here? Do we need another sergeant (supervisor) that supervisors noboby?

03-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Who cares why Sgt L is being moved? That's between him and Sheriff Hall. What does matter is who is going to take his spot? If its Sgt H then ther wont likely be any promotions. How convenient if thats the case because Sgt H needs supervisory experience to be a lt.. If not, then we'll see. Either way, there will still be *****ing. If somebody does go in to MC and they promote, one of the sgt candidates was a sgt, quit, and came back a year later only to take the sgt test and now he's #1 or #2 on the list. If it's not him, then it's MH. People will ***** if she gets promoted because she is KM's main squeeze. Whatever happens will be up to the stupendous command staff under the direction of Sheriff Hall and their infinate wisdom.

03-07-2009, 11:02 PM
How will being KM's squeeze help MH? According to some recents posts he's an overpaid loser with no influence.