PDA

View Full Version : Deputy: Marijuana plants "best I've ever seen"

NewsHound
01-26-2009, 12:11 AM
CRYSTAL RIVER -- Citrus County sheriff's deputies discovered a marijuana grow house Friday that contained what one investigator called “the best plants I’ve ever seen.”

Deputies arrived at 9853 W. Woodhaven Lane in Crystal River after receiving an anonymous tip, according to the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office. As they approached, two Hispanic males fled in a 1995 Ford Taurus with a Georgia tag number of BFW4119 and a front plate with an Atlanta Falcons insignia.

Deputies got a search warrant after noticing a strong odor of cannabis around the property and “an abundance of surveillance cameras.” They proceeded to find a “premier hydroponics system” in a large steel building, housing 30 plants that were near harvest and “very high grade.”

“These are best plants I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen a lot of plants,” Detective John Novy said. He added that this was the biggest, one-house pot bust by the Sheriff’s Office since at least 2002. The estimated total value of all the seized marijuana: $500,000.

Source (http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingnews/2009/01/deputy-marijuan.html)