PDA

View Full Version : The Days,Nights, & Punishment At FMPD!

01-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Well! Well! Well! I guess another punishment descision falls on old Dougie boy's desk once again! Is it suprising to me that an officer is drinking and driving these days? My answer is No! The way way this police department is being run these days, all of us road cops should be drinking heavily! Let's see, call volume higher than ever, less than 10 road cops on the road servicing the public on every 12 hour shift, no breaks for road patrol, crap equipment, robberies up, burglaries to vehicles & residences up, murder stats starting off the new year at one hell of a great pace , 4 murders in the first 25 days of the new year, and shootings are out of control in this city, if it wasn't for bad aim the murder rates would even be higher! Is this what you meant Dougie by customer service oriented police department! Yeah Hahhhhh! While all other government agencies and private businesses are cutting at the top, not at F.M.P.D.! Let's see 1 Lt. and 3 Sgt's to every 9 to 10 road cops , Hhmmm sounds alright to me! Dougie have you ever heard of building from the bottom to the top! Explain to me how you can justify having all these supervisor postitions and specialty units filled to the max , while the foundation of this police department which is patrol is crumbling at an alarming rate! I guess you use the the thought process of Forrest Gump "F.M.P.D. is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get!"

Let's get to punishment! What's in store for Officer Young? You know my policy Hear No Evil ,See No Evil! I support officer Young 100% , just as I support no officer losing his or her job on one mistake. Are we not human beings , just because we wear a uniform? The chief has set the standard ,a second chance is given by him to James Mathis who murdered somebody, he excused a N.Y.P.D. Blue style interrogation up in station 2, and wasn't he given a chance after beating down some G.L.A.D.D. members in Cenntenial park in the early part of his career! I would stand by Officer Young on any call or situation in this city anytime of the week! He made a poor descision, he should recieve punishment , some time off , probation, substance abuse classes, and some cultural diversity training with DEEZNUTS! He doesn't need to be fired ! Some of the offenses I mentioned above are far worse than this , and they were given a second chance! I hope for the best for officer Young , but I doubt he'll being given a fair shake! That's what happens when your led by a group of hypocrites! If your not in the S.I.G. protection program your basically F'd in this place. Like Torres and Ruggio ,who both deserve second chances! Officer Young you need to hire Ringsmith, and or Hornung, they will easily drop this to careless driving. What the hell happened to a little professional courtesy L.C.S.O. ? I guess the next time some of your Deputy's get into a bar fight downtown, intoxicated with their gun's strapped on , I'm going to have think twice about not looking the other way! KKK statement , doesn't every drunk person say stupid things when their drunk. If we can't take care of our own who's going to ? See No Evil, Hear No Evil! True That!

01-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Whoa..I'm going to have to agree with YOU, Man!!! I dont know Officer Young, but I sincerly do believe that he should be given a second chance.

"Wait to see"

02-03-2009, 01:21 AM
WOW :!: ANOTHER FANTASTIC POST BY 40CAL, THIS ONE HITS A HOME RUN :!: :!: :!:

02-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Fort Myers police officer suspended for improper use of vehicle

http://news-press.com/article/20090206/NEWS0110/90206036/1075

02-09-2009, 04:11 PM
http://www.fox4now.com/Global/story.asp?S=9804930

Do you have what it takes to be a Fort Myers Police officer?

Budget cuts and layoffs are happening everywhere. So when you hear that an agency is hiring With good benefits, you probably want to know more, so listen up.

The Fort Myers Police Department is looking to hire 40 officers with a starting pay of $41,000 a year. You've got to pass a physical exam, and several written exams and it takes about a year to get certified as an officer (if you pass everything).

"I'm not looking for someone who necessarily has a great deal of law experience, what I want to do is find those people and then to train them how we need and what we would like them to be," said Chief Doug Baker.

If you want to work for the police department... But don't want the risk that comes with being an officer... There are about a dozen civilan positions as well.