PDA

View Full Version : NEXT ACADEMY DATE'S

01-23-2009, 08:18 AM
THE WORD AROUND IS THAT ON JAN 26 STARTS AN ACADEMY, ANYONE KNOW OF ANY OTHER DATES? :cop:

01-27-2009, 04:51 AM
here is a date....june 1st.....thats when i escape this shithole dept.....

do you yourself a favor and shoot yourself now and save yourself 25 years of crap... :evil:

01-27-2009, 06:00 PM
here is a date....june 1st.....thats when i escape this shithole dept.....

do you yourself a favor and shoot yourself now and save yourself 25 years of crap... :evil:
This guy is so disgruntal and talks shit about the dept that feed his family and gave him shelter>> your an idiot guy> your probably a f**kin zero thats why you hate the county ... you come in every night with one ticket and wonder why you get a bad rep>>>cant wait 4 u to retire one less moran on the dept>>

01-28-2009, 02:26 PM
I heard April and either August or September and December 2009.
A total of 4 classes. That is what I was informed.

01-29-2009, 04:09 AM
Has anyone heard when the next lateral class is going to happen?

02-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Any New info on any upcoming Academy dates?
Is April and Aug or Sept still going to happen?

02-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Has anyone heard when the next lateral class is going to happen?

April 4th, 2009.

02-20-2009, 12:13 PM
That's a Saturday? Do you mean the 6th?

02-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Thank you.
How is current Academy class going?
How long is school. I hear it's 10 months.

03-05-2009, 02:33 AM
ANY UPDATES?

04-01-2009, 12:34 PM
My freiend told me March 23 was the latest class
they pushed back the Aug/Sept class to November 2009

04-01-2009, 07:38 PM
I heard something about the county getting the approval(a few days ago) for 3 more classes this year. Can anyone confirm?

04-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Check your punctuation, and then check the thread called "Academy Information".

04-05-2009, 11:55 PM
check you're level of d-ickness and then come back on this site.

04-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Listen up, d--ckness, all I'm asking is for someone who wants to work for this department to PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL and not BE a d--head. If they can't even be bothered to pay attention to information that has already been posted, as well as basics, like punctuation and spelling, then God help this department. As for mine, I know that mine is bigger than yours, and I have estrogen! Get over yourself and crawl back into your hole! :evil:

04-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Daaaammmmnnnnnn!

04-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Hey, why don't you pay attention to what I wrote? Yea, about the part where I mentioned that the word was that three more academy dates have been approved last week due to our wonderful president's new stimulus package. Then, I was asking if anyone else had heard anything about that, but I am sure you are too far down on the totem pole to hear anything remotely close to that. By the way, I'm not arguing about your size. I'm sure yours is REAL big if you're on a computer somewhere comparing sizes.

How is that for punctuation and grammar. I'm sure this is the only police work you do. Paper cop!!!!

04-06-2009, 02:15 AM
Shemale!!!!

04-06-2009, 02:42 AM
check you're level of d-ickness and then come back on this site.
The proper spelling would be "your", not "you're". Maybe you should get rid of "gut check" and try "Spell Check", nimrod.

04-06-2009, 02:53 AM
Hey, why don't you pay attention to what I wrote? Yea, about the part where I mentioned that the word was that three more academy dates have been approved last week due to our wonderful president's new stimulus package. Then, I was asking if anyone else had heard anything about that, but I am sure you are too far down on the totem pole to hear anything remotely close to that. By the way, I'm not arguing about your size. I'm sure yours is REAL big if you're on a computer somewhere comparing sizes.

How is that for punctuation and grammar. I'm sure this is the only police work you do. Paper cop!!!!
Good Lord, this is a pitiful. Even while trying to execute a riposte you f*cked it up. I am laughing so hard it is difficult to type, because I know you really tried your best on this reply. You wrote "How is that for punctuation and grammar." The answer is: it is still incorrect (I swear, part of me really feels bad about this, but it's a small part....no, not THAT part of me). It SHOULD be "How is that for punctuation and grammar?" You see that little squiggly line with the dot on the end? (Quit looking between your legs and watch the screen) It's called a question mark. Say it with me: "question mark." I knew you could.

04-06-2009, 03:14 AM
lol...you're just always a female dog aren't you

04-06-2009, 03:17 AM

To answer the question at hand: I have limited knowledge that there were 3 classes approved. Two are in session. One more slated for August. As we all know, anything can happen...My understanding (such as it is) is that the prez's stimulus package has nothing to do with what is already slated.
Now, WOW...What do you do? We are all "paper cops", since we all push paper in some form. Stop player-hating. If you are already a p.o., then stop flexing in the mirror and go out and arrest something. Don't forget to fill out the paperwork (the RIGHT way!). If you are still wantin' to be a cop, watch out for that player-hating. That shizzat can bite you in the A$$$$... All of you should be ashamed of your shizzatty spelling...and punctuation.

04-06-2009, 03:35 AM
your right bro....i just can be a mad shizzat talker to get the shemale all excited....regardless thx for answering the question.

04-11-2009, 05:56 AM
The next academy is going to be somewhere near August,

maybe one later in December or early 2010

04-13-2009, 10:20 AM
What about the lateral class?

04-29-2009, 04:58 PM
I just receive a letter of denial but if I have money for the academy can I pay my way into the academy for the NOV 2009 Academy?

04-29-2009, 08:13 PM
If you speaky spanish I suggest you self sponsor yourself for miami-dade college academy and apply up north to departments that need certified people who speaky spanish and you will go far real quick. Otherwise you can dream all you want in south florida certified people are a dime a dozen down here.

05-01-2009, 04:09 PM
I just receive a letter of denial but if I have money for the academy can I pay my way into the academy for the NOV 2009 Academy?

If you want to work for MDPD, you will have to attend the academy at the training bureau. If you get certified, you will still have to re-apply as a certified officer. Last I heard they won't take certified officers who haven't worked as a PO for another dept., only laterals that have at least a year on. MDPD won't let you pay your way through the TB academy.

gcopter
05-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Just curious here, since when the academy is now held at the training bureau? When I went thru, training was at MDCC North.

05-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Just curious here, since when the academy is now held at the training bureau? When I went thru, training was at MDCC North.
MDPD has held all of the academy training at the training bureau since 2001. MPI 68 was the first class (they picked up the old PSD numbers) and MPI 109 started in March.

gcopter
05-02-2009, 11:07 PM
MDPD has held all of the academy training at the training bureau since 2001. MPI 68 was the first class (they picked up the old PSD numbers) and MPI 109 started in March.

Thanks for the info. I was in BLE 133, class of '90. :wink:

05-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Does anybody know the next Academy is?

Is it for sure in Aug or Sept?

Or is it still poss pushed back to Nov 2009?

Any new updates

gcopter
05-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Where are you in the process? Have not heard about any dates, other than what I see posted around here.

05-05-2009, 07:36 PM
My next step is to get my references, auto insur and work verification stuff together and meet with my BI.
They checked my credit report 2 months ago.
I don't know what is next after I do the above.

gcopter
05-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Seems that no background investigator works the same way. What you are going thru, was the very first thing they ask me. With that in mind, I'm already past all that. I took the physical, but the doctor told me to go back and re do my blood work (came out with a high white cell count) and also told me to loose 19 pounds. As soon as I got the blood work redone, he also said to fax him the results and come back when I lost the 19 pounds. What gets me is, how does he expect me to loose 19 pounds in a period of time short enough to close my file and be in time to catch the next class?

By the looks of it, there will be one starting in the summer (I hear august a lot around here).

Have you had your psych and polygraph yet?

05-06-2009, 12:10 AM
I have done my poly back in late 2008.

I'm looking at my notes from my BI now.
After my Poly my BI stated last year.. next Backgrounds, conditional offer,
appt. psyc and MD…. (I don't know if that is order they do it, But this is
what by BI told me in this order)

It looks like I'm going into my background phase now.
I would like to be in the next class.
My friend has been in process since 2006.

How about you with your process

05-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Here's a question for any current PO's or anyone with knowledge on this.....I took my poly not that long ago and I was told that there was deception in one area(was not told which area). I am being told that I will be scheduled for a retake. Is the re-take in that ONE specific area or am I taking the whole thing again? It actually makes no difference either way but Im curious as to the alleged "deception". Im a laterall from another aganecy and have passed my other poly without problems. These polys are crazy but Im sure that the re-take will be better. Anyways, anyone with experience on these please chime in. Thanks!!

gcopter
05-06-2009, 03:32 AM
Here's a question for any current PO's or anyone with knowledge on this.....I took my poly not that long ago and I was told that there was deception in one area(was not told which area). I am being told that I will be scheduled for a retake. Is the re-take in that ONE specific area or am I taking the whole thing again? It actually makes no difference either way but Im curious as to the alleged "deception". Im a laterall from another aganecy and have passed my other poly without problems. These polys are crazy but Im sure that the re-take will be better. Anyways, anyone with experience on these please chime in. Thanks!!

The re-take will be in the one specific area you failed. I know, I've taken two of them, although not for the same job as I'm also applying for dispatcher. Beware, though, if you flunk it the second time, you're gone.

I've passed both my re-takes :cop:

05-06-2009, 07:20 PM
^^^^^^^^ Thanks

05-13-2009, 04:47 AM
Does anyone have any information on when the Lateral Police Officer class is going to happen?

gcopter
05-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Does anyone have any information on when the Lateral Police Officer class is going to happen?

Were you told that there would be a "lateral class"?
As far as I know, there is no such thing. I could be wrong, I left the department 19 years ago. Wether you're certified or someone without certification, MDPD puts everyone thru the same experience from start to finish. I know FHP does have a lateral program.

05-13-2009, 06:11 PM
If you are certified with a MINIMUM of one year sworn service then you will go through a "lateral class" Its a couple of weeks where you learn the policies and codes of the county. If you are non-certified or certified without any experience then you will attend the regular full academy. Thats what they said at orientation last month.

05-13-2009, 06:28 PM
When you went to orientation last month. Did they say if the next class is in Aug or Nov 2009 for uS new recruits

05-15-2009, 02:27 AM
No classes for a while....budget constraints.

05-20-2009, 11:37 PM
I just heard the next lateal class is going to be next month and the academy class is going to be in August.

gcopter
05-20-2009, 11:52 PM
I just heard the next lateal class is going to be next month and the academy class is going to be in August.
Hmmm, my question now is, how far in advance do they call you and let you know that you'll be going in for that august class?

05-29-2009, 05:24 AM
Hmmm, my question now is, how far in advance do they call you and let you know that you'll be going in for that august class?

usually 45 days, you need to take another drug test prior to the academy.

it can be even a week ahead.

if your dont with the process, always be ready..they can have you as a backup.

gcopter
05-29-2009, 03:45 PM

usually 45 days, you need to take another drug test prior to the academy.

it can be even a week ahead.

if your dont with the process, always be ready..they can have you as a backup.

Well... got a call from the BI today. She says that she will hold on to my application until the middle of june (in order to give me some time to fix a discrepancy with my physical test results). Based on your 45 days before the academy deadline to get another drug test, it looks like there really will be an august class. Good luck to everyone, hope to see you there!

05-29-2009, 03:58 PM
I have a interview coming up YEA!
My question GC is what did you do after your Interview
What was your next step.
When you say you "physical test results". What did they do at
the physical. Do they draw blood or pee in cup? or both?

05-30-2009, 09:58 AM
They also make you crap in a cup.

gcopter
05-30-2009, 08:54 PM
I have a interview coming up YEA!
My question GC is what did you do after your Interview
What was your next step.
When you say you "physical test results". What did they do at
the physical. Do they draw blood or pee in cup? or both?

Interview?
Haven't come across that one yet. From what I've read around here, the process varies slightly. In my case;
1. Submit application.
2. Take the written test.
3. Attend the orientation.
4. Psychological testing.
5. Polygraph testing.
6. Background investigation.
7. Physical test ( you go to Mt. Sinai to get checked out by a doctor. They draw your blood and urine and get a whole bunch of other tests).
Somewhere between number 3 and 4, your background investigator will ask you for you car insurance card and five written recommendation letters.

Hope this helps. 8)

05-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Thanks GC,
My next step is my background and to bring my auto insur, 5 ref letters

gcopter
06-01-2009, 12:30 AM
Thanks GC,
My next step is my background and to bring my auto insur, 5 ref letters

Goes without saying, the sooner you can gather the required documentation the faster your application will move along. If the people you intend to get the references from, aren't too handy writing letters, pre print your own. As long as the letters don't say the same thing, and are signed by your personal references with their contact info, you should be good to go. It can be very time consuming, to be after 5 different people, to get them to write these references for you.

If your credit sucks, and you have been ignoring those collections letters, do something. Otherwise, it'll come back to bite you in the arse. :snicker:

06-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Can anyone confirm if the lateral class is going to happen this month (June)?

06-01-2009, 10:40 PM
rumor has it that a lateral class will be put in this month. as far as i know it's just that a RUMOR. Ive been waiting for a start date for over a year now. Just lucky i got a job at the moment....

06-03-2009, 05:15 PM
I just found out there may not be a Aug Class and if
there is I wont be in it. That they have everyone picked
already. That I maybe in the next class after that.
I'm in my background phase, then Psyc, then Physical.

gcopter
06-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Anyone here in the process stuck? I finished my physical last week, haven't heard a peep. Has the economic bad times caught up with us as well? I think I'm jinxed. Almost 2 years ago, I was also almost in with Transit. Then the scandals broke out, bye-bye bus driver job. :x

09-08-2009, 01:07 AM
hello every1 i rcvd my approval letter in jan 2009. per my BI i was going 2 start the mar. academy which then got pushed back 2 may and from may got pushed back 2 august. Unfortunatly now the hiring freeze has kicked in and i have been advised by my BI that there will not b any academies going in this year and not sure about 2010 either. Does ne1 have any other information out there?????????????

gcopter
09-09-2009, 04:12 PM
We all are holding our breath until the budget passes on Oct. 1st. Come September 17, there will be the last of the public hearings regarding the budget. Keep your eyes and ears open, as this will be an indicator of things to come. :cop:

09-10-2009, 12:40 AM
We all are holding our breath until the budget passes on Oct. 1st. Come September 17, there will be the last of the public hearings regarding the budget. Keep your eyes and ears open, as this will be an indicator of things to come. :cop:

Hi GC and everyone. hope something happens soon for us. I want to get hired and start working there
Godd luck to us all getting hired soon

09-10-2009, 12:42 AM

I meant "good" luck

09-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Supposibly the next academy is scheduled to start.... Nov 30, 2009.

gcopter
09-29-2009, 10:19 PM

Indeed. I also participate in the Florida LEO Forums :mrgreen:

I do hope this becomes true. Only two more days until the budget passes.

09-30-2009, 01:09 AM

Indeed. I also participate in the Florida LEO Forums :mrgreen:

I do hope this becomes true. Only two more days until the budget passes.

Get real! there is no money, I heard no academy for the next two years.... Do you know how many Certified officers are out their that want to lateral over? They are not going to spend the money on a academy. Look at BSO they cut 49 officers. Miami has a class of 32 that graduated but can't afford to hire them. It would make sense to hire laterals and have them out on the streets on there own in two months, unlike new guys which take 10 months in the academy and 3 on FTO, just to find out that they can't cut it. Your gonna have to wait a couple of years until things get better. sorry

gcopter
09-30-2009, 02:23 AM
I agree, but, it doesn't cost me anything to dream. I don't know, but something tells me not everyone fired will get hired nor will pursue law enforcement as a profession or with another agency. How many of those might have applied for MDPD and gotten a reject? What personal reasons made them choose their current departments over MDPD? Would they "eat crow" now and drag themselves over to MDPD? I know money trumps unemployment, but you really have to think about why these people choose their current departments over MDPD. I rather go with MDPD than apply to another agency. Why, I worked there before, though for a brief period of time. Been living here for over 10 years and pretty much know my way around here, rather than learning a new territory or even move to satisfy residency requirements, etc. Lame reasons, but still, I rather be a dreamer. :snicker:

10-01-2009, 12:40 AM
I agree, but, it doesn't cost me anything to dream. I don't know, but something tells me not everyone fired will get hired nor will pursue law enforcement as a profession or with another agency. How many of those might have applied for MDPD and gotten a reject? What personal reasons made them choose their current departments over MDPD? Would they "eat crow" now and drag themselves over to MDPD? I know money trumps unemployment, but you really have to think about why these people choose their current departments over MDPD. I rather go with MDPD than apply to another agency. Why, I worked there before, though for a brief period of time. Been living here for over 10 years and pretty much know my way around here, rather than learning a new territory or even move to satisfy residency requirements, etc. Lame reasons, but still, I rather be a dreamer. :snicker:

Dude, have you ever heard the expression, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Apply, Apply, Apply everywhere and get certified. If you want to pick a department with FRS retirement like the county, there are plenty around, Like BSO, School Board, Miami Gardens, Doral and other agencies are soon to follow. But what ever you do don't wait around just for MDPD. What would happen if they never hire you? Whould you give up? There are plenty of other departments out there, where you can learn a lot, trust me. I work at school board and have learned a lot, and yea they don’t pay much but in the last 7 years I have learned a lot. I’m also waiting for MDPD to lift the freeze, and lateral over, but I’m still doing what I love and not waiting around wondering what I’m going to do with my life, because I’m doing it . In time they will open up and hopefully I’ll get in, and if not, oh well it’s not the end of the world.
By the way I’ve seen over 10 officers from my department leave in the last two years and do great at MDPD. I've met officers from MDPD that came from Miami, Hialeah, Sweetwater, Pinecrest, Medley, you name it and are doing great at MDPD. So don't seat around dreaming and waiting, just apply and get in somewhere, the experience you'll get will only help trust me. Good luck.

10-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Has anyone heard anything yet?

gcopter
10-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Did you see the posts above?, nov. 30.
Yeah, it's not "official" but, FWIW, read in the papers the other day that the County passed a budget. Problem is, they have not reached an agreement with three of the biggest unions. I'm guessing; police, fire and maybe transit since teachers already got their raise.
For every pay period they don't reach an agreement, or make cuts elsewhere, the county looses $4 million.
We will find out soon enough. :roll:

10-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks. I hope soon this budget will get fixed
and that they do some more hiring.

11-03-2009, 05:44 PM
a friend that just finished FTO training this month stated that there is a NOV '09, March, Jun, and Aug, and maybe a OCT academy class, and the NOV is a lateral that was what he was told.

11-03-2009, 10:17 PM
the nov. 9th class has been suspended....til ?????????? WHO KNOWS!

11-07-2009, 04:27 PM
I heard the same thing recently. Due to budgeting

11-12-2009, 03:07 PM
GC how are you doing in the process?
I haven't heard anything in a while.

01-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Is there any new information on hiring?

Anyone heard anything recently?

01-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Don't hold your breathe!!!!

01-21-2010, 01:58 AM
Nothing whatsoever until the PBA and make a deal with the county over the contract. So wait and wait some more. Don't see much happening until our wonderful Carlos Alvarez is out of office and John Rivera is gone. We can only hope that Plea will take over as the bargaining unit. Well we can only hope at least the Cuban Mafia has been taken out a little bit at headquarters.

02-12-2010, 10:03 AM
i recently got notice in the mail stating that the application i submitted for police officer has been approved. and that they will be contacting me in the near future for further information. i passed all my tests including the psych and medical. in the letter they qrote i might have to take the medical again shall it expire. so whomever is on the same boat as me i hope to see you soon. but how soon is soon. my job is cutting ours and im tapping into my savings to pay for my mortgage. im working overnight and its a matter of time before they say they wont need me. see my BI came to my job a little while back and since they already know im leaving they have been using and abusing me. i pray every night that mdpd calls me to go to academy. hopefully its soon. just gotta think positive.

02-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Don't hold yer breath we won't be hiring for at least a year or two. We are getting our pay steps frozen and our health insurance raised. We don't have money for ammo or cars. We surely don't have any more money left to hire new people and pay for them to go through an academy and not have them ready for the road for at least a year. Sorry you might want to join the fire department.... every body loves a firefighter. :devil:

02-14-2010, 01:45 PM
That sucks, I really want to be a cop. I cant wait to get my gun and badge cause I got some serious scores to settle. Do they give you a lot of weapons cause I really like weapons. Weapons are cool. I like to scatter as many weapons as I can fit on my bed and lay down amongst them. When I am on my bed with all my weapons it turns my flacid member into a raging hard-on. WOW, I love it. I also like to drive real fast and never get a ticket. I only travel in triple digits. Hey, can you guys modify a police car. When I get mine I want to do some engine work, maybe put on some rims. Do you guys really get all the women. I would sure like to get laid without having to drug them. lol. Oh, and if anyone is wondering how I passed the polygraph I just put a tack in my shoe to give false readings. Whenever a question came up where I had to lie, which was quite a few, I just pressed down on the tack. Also that psych test was a joke, anyone can pass that. For a question like "Do you hear voices" would you really say yes. Ok guys, see you on the road!!!

02-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Hey Hopefull Recruit, Your dumb attempt at levity was not appreciated by some. Do you realize how easy it would be for my team to trace your post to your exact computer and address in a matter of minutes if it was thought your rantings were a real threat to either the community or fellow officers or even the dept in general. Be very careful what you post.

02-16-2010, 03:04 AM
Hey Hopefull Recruit, Your dumb attempt at levity was not appreciated by some. Do you realize how easy it would be for my team to trace your post to your exact computer and address in a matter of minutes if it was thought your rantings were a real threat to either the community or fellow officers or even the dept in general. Be very careful what you post.
So even if your team did get my exact computer and address as you put it what are you going to do. Beleive it or not there are mentally unstable people in the world and last time I checked it isnt a crime to be one.

02-16-2010, 03:31 AM
i think "Hopeful Recruit" is the douche bag waiter at Longhorn!
LMAO!

go bring me my refill a$$hole! LMFAO!

02-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Some people just dont have any sense of humor. A bunch of stuffed shirts.

03-03-2010, 04:41 AM
The Miami-Dade Commission adopted the PBA contract today. Laterals my be getting calls soon.

03-11-2010, 05:02 PM
So what does that mean exactly? That's only going to affect current officers... it has nothing to do with hiring. It really does look like they'll be hiring in 2 years time with the changes going on and the lack of crime due to the economy. Will the paperwork still be around? Or, will all those people on a list and ready to go have to do everything from scratch again? Will that be another way of the dept. writing off money like they've done with other items recently? Just to line their pockets w/ more cash versus doing what they're supposed to be doing for the community? Just like they drug tested everyone for an academy last year and then canceled it a week later. What a waste of money. It's just wrong. It's a big joke.

03-11-2010, 08:22 PM
You are a big joke... stop the complaining. You are not the only one in your position. We don't need anymore cry babies in this dept like you. Why don't you go to south miami or west miami if you want a badge that bad.

03-31-2010, 09:14 PM
It's valid... it is what it is... wait and wait some more.

04-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Yup... the county loves to waste money... it is a total big joke. I've heard from a few folks that there may be something the last quarter of this year or the first quarter of next year. If nothing is shown in the October budget then it's 2012. Question is... what will they do with all the people on a list? It would suck to retest, also seen some folks being told that they would have to start all over again in a letter by mdpd. Too much time has gone by after they got approved. Anyone here get one of those letters?

04-16-2010, 10:28 PM
There will be no promotions for one year and no new hiring until 2012 at the earliest. The budget will be the main reason for the next 18 months. If you want to be a cop that bad pay your way through the three police academies that are in the four county area and seek employment up north. Many departments in central and north Fla are looking for Spanish speakers and are willing to advance Latin officers up the ranks. The down side is you will be making 40k less a year than down here. So you have to choices sit back quiet and wait or go north. Like I said in the previous post you guys are not the only ones in limbo waiting. Either be patient or look for another career field until your dream job comes along.

05-23-2010, 08:28 PM
So has anyone heard anything new on any possible academies that may be going on this year?

05-24-2010, 07:12 PM
We will not be hiring for two years at the earliest. As a matter of fact we are contemplating layoffs. I suggest you got apply with burger king until positions open up. I hear they have a fast track management program with stock options. :devil:

06-18-2010, 03:23 PM
No academies until 2012-2014!! Stop asking, because it's not going to make it happen any quicker... go north. Layoffs to come!!!!

06-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Just in, no layoffs. Expect new officers to begin the academy 04/11. This is from way up top. I mean way.

06-23-2010, 02:49 PM
I've heard this before....Im still gonna self sponsor and if they call me, they call me. No more waiting around.

06-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Pay your way via MDC north and get your state certification. If you speak spanish you can get a job in collier county or Monroe at the very least. If not you can go north. Unfortunately we are in a budget crunch and will not hire any new applicants for a while. As it is we are in risk of sending 80 to 100 people to corrections due to the fact we can no longer pay for the salaries of these individuals that in some cases already have been off of probation for 2 to 3 years. My advice to you guys that want a career in law enforcement is to kill your bills and go north until things in this county can stabilize and be able to live on less than 30k a year. If not you can always join the military or private security contracts like wakenhut that will pay decent if you are state certified as a police officer. Remember its all about paying the bills at the end of the day. The uniform doesn't matter if you are living under a bridge.

06-28-2010, 03:12 AM
Just in, no layoffs. Expect new officers to begin the academy 04/11. This is from way up top. I mean way up

We have heard so many rumors, I will believe it when it happens.

07-06-2010, 03:14 AM
the department has to cut about 30-40 million the only way to do that is reduce the department staff size, sad but true :(

07-13-2010, 10:38 PM
http://www.miamidade.gov/mayor/mayor_po ... budget.asp (http://www.miamidade.gov/mayor/mayor_portal_messages/2010-11-proposed_budget.asp)

If people would just read a little and listen to what's been going on for a few years with the budget. Read the managers memo, much more detail.

07-13-2010, 11:05 PM
See page 39 of the proposed budget.. No lateral or BLE classes until at least the last quarter of 2010-11 budget year.

07-15-2010, 01:13 AM
yeah and the last quarter of the 2010-11 fiscal year is July 1, 2011 - September 30, 2011, which is basically another year from now.