PDA

View Full Version : A sinking feeling......

01-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Hold on to your britches....coming soon to a theatre near you...Our own movie starring 700 as Capt. Bligh. When he makes LT make sure your shoes are shined! The city paid $4000.00 to send him to Command School and all he learned was how to tell guys about keeping their shoes shiny. What a bunch of CROC! You think morale was bad when he was a squad SGT just imagine how bad it will be whe he makes LT. Get ready for a sinking ship and bad morale. :devil:

01-20-2009, 03:27 AM
Micromanaging 101 everyone underneath him is 10 years old, he HAS to make sure of EVERYTHING you are doing and tell you how to do it HIS WAY.

01-20-2009, 04:38 AM
C'mon people. All you do is b*tch, b*tch, b*tch! All things considered you should be thankful that you have a job during these troubling economic times. Just think about all the people that we protect that have lost their jobs and their livelihood. We should all feel privileged to be able to but on a uniform and do what we do. What kind of example do we set for our citizens when we get on here and gripe about the working conditions. All I have to say SUCK IT UP AND GET OVER YOURSELVES! Nuff said.............................................. ..... Oh and don't forget to shine you shoes! :wink:

01-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Is that the worst you can say about the guy is that he wants the troops to present a professional image. Is it true he gives his troops two weeks notice of a line inspection? I'm not sure, but if my Lt. gave me that kind of heads up, I might just put an extra bit of polish on my gear. I think I know the guy you are talking about, and I have to say, he appears pretty laid back to me. If he wants to know what is going on, maybe its because that is a supervisor's job. Give the guy a break. If he makes it, give the rank the respect it deserves. If he doesn't, I don't think he will be heartbroken.

Oh yeah, if you don't like his management style, why don't you just discuss it with him instead of crying like a little kid. I know it is a patrol officer's right to complain, but is also your duty to your fellow officers to help make you agency a better place to work. If there is a problem, fix it. It's like changing a light bulb, you can complain in the dark, or you can change it.

Be safe.

01-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Well thats a good idea but you cant discuss things with him. It does no good, he always knows best. Because he has an internet degree!!! he must be smarter. Now we have to call him when we go to do something outside the city so he can notify other agencies. What an IDIOT!!!! we have not done that in 20 years but all of a sudden he knows best. When you wonder why other agencies think we are retards, look no further then this guy. They are going to piss themselves with laughter when he calls them 6 times a week to let them know a detective is in their city. He is the quintessential pencil pusher. He never grasped the whole idea of let people who are doing their jobs ALONE.

He is the perfect LT. doesn't know sh*t about people but can enforce policys to the Nth degree (and is an assh*le)

01-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Well, I can clearly see the problem now. Your last post speaks louder than any words you could say. I am sorry you feel so wronged by him. I do not work for your agency, but I will say I believe in the professional courtesy of advising other jurisdictions of L.E. presence. I believe it is an officer safety issue, and it just just plain smart. I don't believe you have to request the other agency's help, but I want them to know where I am if I start yelling for help.

I personally don't think that TTPD is a joke. There were times in the past where TTPD officers were paid less than surrounding agencies, and that did cause some migration out of TTPD. But I understand that TTPD is a forward thinking agency now and tries to do the best with the budget they have.

That being said, I would encourage you to put in application with one of the surrounding agencies. I think several of them are hiring. It is apparent that you are not currently happy with the way things are and you appear to be unwilling to evolve with the agency. Even if this person is not promoted to Lt, I doubt they are going to demote him out of his Sgt. position, so I doubt things are going to change much until he retires.

My suggestion again is, work for change or pack it in. I regret saying that, because too many good L.E.O.s are too frustrated with their administrations, but the reality is that there is a new face of law enforcement in Hillsborough County, and it is a well educated, fit, professional L.E.O.

I hope you can find your happiness again. I too am frustrated at times, but we still have the best job ever.

Be Safe.

01-23-2009, 10:15 PM
How 'bout STFU and go about your merry way. We are talking here for other TTPD members not you. so STFU and GTFO

01-23-2009, 10:47 PM
I second that thought mr (or MRS should i say) "really" You have no place here, your well thought out reponses are fine for people that care what your opinions are but are totally useless to the people here. This is not for you, this is not your place, please go away and bother other agencies with your pontificating, because we could really give a flying F*ck what you think.

01-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Let him speak. As a TTPD Officer, I believe what he says represents more how I feel than the morons that regularly post here.

We are a forward thinking agency (most of us), and you morons and naysayers that constantly p*ss and moan about the next change coming embarass all of the rest of us.

Grow up, or get out. Maybe he does only have an internet degree, but he has something. For you idiots that b**ch and moan about his possible promotion, why didn't you go get your degree?? Why didn't you put your application in for LT?

As for 700, he'll be fine. The things he does are not spiteful; he just wants to make sure you are safe and that there is no liability...and he is a supervisor. God forbid, you prima donnas in CID have to actually submit to being SUPERVISED for a change.

01-26-2009, 10:11 AM
And you are an idiot

01-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm...... I stand corrected. I guess some TTPD Officers are jokes.

As requested, I will no longer post on "your" thread.

Be safe.

01-27-2009, 01:10 AM
mmmmmmm good bye