PDA

View Full Version : IS AJ GOING TO PROPOSE A MERGER? YES or NO (serious)

01-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Does anyone think AJ is going to condsider a merger after reviewing the letter from the PBA? If it comes down to money, I think he will propose a merger to the board. Anyone care to comment, without name calling?

01-19-2009, 06:47 PM
It'll be a wait & see on what the state legislature does. Republicans control both houses and would rather cut expenditures to balance an expected six Billion shortfall. Democrats want to add cigarette taxes and eliminate some sales tax exemptions, ratify the gaming compact with the Seminoles (already $170 million in escrow that the state can't use), and restore the intangibles tax that only the wealthiest 2% paid, among other things. There's been talk of saving money by relaxing the class size amendment. The flip side is there is less need for teachers and you throw them into the unemployment line, which results in the State having a bigger tab for unemployment benefits.

We've dwindled from an authorized 184 down to 159, which will become 158 this week with another retirement on Jan 20. Look at the list of calls and you will see that officers are handling more and more calls at elementaries. There are still some elementary officers that can be plugged into vacancies that pop up in middle and high schools due to resignations or retirements. Officers assigned to middle and high schools are on the individual school's payroll, not the Dept or District's. Some principals are already squaking about having an officer on their dwindling payroll budget and being sent to other schools. My humble opinion is that it probably won't happen this year because there is the aforemention pool of elementary officers that can be plugged in as a stopgap, and by the time the State sets a final budget, it'll be too close to the start of the school year. Other mergers have dragged on for months in negotiations. You can't drag SROs out of a school to learn the PBSO way during field training like you can simply have a deputy do road patrol in a city. I've seen deputies and city officers thrust into handling ESE, EMH, etc at ball games, and it sometimes wasn't too pretty. You can't take just anyone and put him in a school setting and expect success. The FCAT is the principal's and the District's Superbowl. If the choice comes down to keeping a school district officer and not getting that extra reading teacher to jack up the scores, or getting the reading reacher and having their officer still there in another color uniform, the choice would be easy. The short version is that I look for it to happen for the 2010-11 school year.

01-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Yesgrasshopper you are the wise one, only one thing you left out the Magic number is now 156 as a Sgt and a Officer will be done and gone by the 26th. PBSO is getting two good men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

01-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Officers assigned to middle and high schools are on the individual school's payroll, not the Dept or District's. Some principals are already squaking about having an officer on their dwindling payroll budget and being sent to other schools.

I didnt know this, but now it makes sense. If this is true, the PD's budget is next to nothing right now. It might be cheaper to keep the PD, if Johnson can continue to pawn off Officers to their assigned schools.

I am not trying to hijack this thread, but i have a comment on our radio grievance. If our radios work so well according to the District, explain to me why when PBSO & WPB Officers are at my school they can recieve well, and I can not. This example and study should be presented to the District.

Also I hear our K-9 Officers now have assigned schools? But we have 17 Sgt's? This is a poor decision by the brass. Our K-9 unit is a staple to our PD, assign the Sgts schools, and let the K-9 handlers help us out through out the county.

Only time will tell about a merger, but AJ has always wanted to get rid of us, so maybe it will happeb in 2010.

Be safe!

01-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Boy you guys got it just as bad as we do, but we got you beat. Over here at our beautiful Miami Dade School Police dept we lost 34 officers, well 33, you can't really call our former chief Darling a real cop, So 33 officers lost to other departments in 2008. This year we have lost 2 so far and I hear 17 more to Miami Dade County by August. Well we have almost 400 schools and had about 208 officers last year and are down to about 172 now. Yea it's bad some squads have 7 officers for 45 schools, and thats on a good day, others have about 10 officers for 70 schools, and we are big county runing all over the place. Just want to say hang in there, Things are bad but thank god we have jobs for now. Oh by the way june 2009 makes two years with no contract or raises at all. If you got to go make your move, Miami Gardens police is gonna hire 100 more officers this year. There gonna need more cops when they get rid of MDSPD and the other departments have to pick up the slack. The school system just dosen't know how important we are to them.

Be safe, and take care

Miami Dade School Police Officer :shock:

01-20-2009, 12:35 PM
This is all a bunch of crap. If you want to go Green, then go apply. If you can't get hired by the SO that way, shut your pie hole and be thankful you have a job. This BS of lets ask to go Green is stupid. Thats the PBA's (KAZ not BL, JH, HR)answer to evey Dept. that has a proble. Go GREEN it's better. Yes we have problems, but lets work to make it better, not get rid of our Dept.

01-21-2009, 01:09 AM
This is all a bunch of crap. If you want to go Green, then go apply. If you can't get hired by the SO that way, shut your pie hole and be thankful you have a job. This BS of lets ask to go Green is stupid. Thats the PBA's (KAZ not BL, JH, HR)answer to evey Dept. that has a proble. Go GREEN it's better. Yes we have problems, but lets work to make it better, not get rid of our Dept.

No matter what you or the department does, it will not make this place any better. The Chief would do it if he could, everyones hands are tied. AJ has never and will never fund the Police budget correctly, so PBSO is the only legitamate way to protect the schools and to take care of the cops.

How can we work to make this place better when we cant even get our radios to work inside our schools or get a 2% COLA? Plus the Board does not respect you, they dont care about you, if they did we would not even think about a PBSO merger. Its time we get our heads out of the sand and see the writing on the wall. Did you see the article in the Palm Beach Compost today about AJ and layoffs of non instructional employees? Take a look and then "lets work to make our department better, not get rid of our Department" NOT!!!!!!!! :devil: You are obviosly one of the Chiefs boys, (120 main).

01-21-2009, 02:39 PM
No matter what you or the department does, it will not make this place any better. The Chief would do it if he could, everyones hands are tied. AJ has never and will never fund the Police budget correctly, so PBSO is the only legitamate way to protect the schools and to take care of the cops.

How can we work to make this place better when we cant even get our radios to work inside our schools or get a 2% COLA? Plus the Board does not respect you, they dont care about you, if they did we would not even think about a PBSO merger. Its time we get our heads out of the sand and see the writing on the wall. Did you see the article in the Palm Beach Compost today about AJ and layoffs of non instructional employees? Take a look and then "lets work to make our department better, not get rid of our Department" NOT!!!!!!!! :devil: You are obviosly one of the Chiefs boys, (120 main).[/quote]
Yea Central, I bet you can't get hired by the SO unless they take us over. Ask NPBPD how well their radio's work! I agree we need them fixed, but the SO is not the answer. Hell, half the NYPDers don't even carry their police radio. Chief's boy has nothing to do with it, it's called LOYALITY!

01-21-2009, 11:53 PM
side note

Our General Orders state we must carry our radios, but our vests are optional!

PBSO! Its soo gonna happen also, and I cant wait to see the looks on everyones face when it does! Loyalty is a two way street btw, and tell me how has the Chief been loyal to you?????

01-22-2009, 01:00 AM
side note

Our General Orders state we must carry our radios, but our vests are optional!

?????

Carrying a gun is common sense. Wait'll you see an officer walking around the campus without an entire gunbelt.

01-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Be careful what you wish for...going green and you will lose all that nice time off..nothing special for you....make what you have work.

01-22-2009, 10:40 PM
THE SCHEDULE WILL STAY THE SAME!!!!!!!!!! WHY WOULD IT NOT??????? NOTHING WOULD CHANGE! LOOK AT OTHER MERGERS! AND SPECIALIZED UNITS WITHIN PBSO!! GET REAL, THAT IS SUCH A WEAK EXCUSE! WE HAVE NOTHING BUT AN OK SCHEDULE AND A CHIEF THAT DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOU, UNLESS YOUR PART OF THE 120 MAIN CREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATLEAST TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT PBSO CAN OFFER, SINCE OUR PD OFFERS A BIG FAT NOTHING!

01-23-2009, 03:40 AM
Can anyone tell me the names of the Sgt and Officer that are leaving?

01-25-2009, 01:57 AM
RW is one leaving I believe? I know of acouple other possiblities too. ALSO AJ writes back and is considering it! So the clock is ticking! The green clock that is

01-26-2009, 12:33 PM
You are so stupid. Like YOU would know what AJ has done or is doing. Just get off AJ's Richard, and quit dreaming about the SO. Just keep drinking that GREEN koolaid KAZ is pouring over at the PBA.

01-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Ahh I see nothing has changed, the fool police at it's best. Yeah go ahead spread your rumors and disseminate your misinformation with your bad spelling and awful grammar. By the way those dancing devils are not authorized to be used by you turds. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

01-27-2009, 01:40 AM
Yes, the devils are dancing, while I build the Ark! For those of you who want to be saved hop on!! AJ is flooding the dept. with negative moral.. Woods and Halyard are the lucky ones!! I am next!! Anyone else?

01-27-2009, 12:26 PM
BYE! :shock: Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

01-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Yes, the devils are dancing, while I build the Ark! For those of you who want to be saved hop on!! AJ is flooding the dept. with negative moral.. Woods and Halyard are the lucky ones!! I am next!! Anyone else?

Another year the whole PD will be gone, and we will all be green :devil:

01-29-2009, 12:59 AM
Ever play that arcade game, Whack-A-Mole, where the moles keep popping up faster and you have to whack them back down with a mallet to win? We are now entering that stage:

Mole pops up = Both high school officers call in sick
Mallet = send an elementary officer to cover it

Another mole = said elementary officer has a felony call at one of his elementaries
Mallet: send the elementary officer to the elementary to handle
New Mole = high school has no officer
Mallet = find another officer to send to the high school

Mole = one officer school has big fight
Mallet = send an officer from nearby school
Mole = the 2nd officer @ nearby school has called in sick, leaving no one at the two-officer school.

Tomorrow the moles gain more ground as another officer rides off into the sunset

Its only going to get worse.

01-29-2009, 03:22 AM
Good job Game Time. You listened to your radio! Did you do anything to help the situation?

01-31-2009, 01:28 AM
Yeah really, you should have gotten into your POV and responded code 3! Or use your golf cart.

02-04-2009, 03:29 AM
Well, another mole just popped up! Now what? Lets dance!! JK made a stupid, stupid choice. But I ask you if you were pushed into the corner how would you handle it? You must walk in his shoes to judge him!! The school district will continue forcing its officers into financial ruin! I'm out of here first chance..

02-05-2009, 04:43 AM
Well, another mole just popped up! Now what? Lets dance!! JK made a stupid, stupid choice. But I ask you if you were pushed into the corner how would you handle it? You must walk in his shoes to judge him!! The school district will continue forcing its officers into financial ruin! I'm out of here first chance..
You are a true anal opening for even making this^ comment. The District is not responsible for his poor choice, he would have made the same decision no matter whee he worked because whatever he was getting paid would still not have been enough. Stop pointing fingers, be responsible, man up little boy.

02-08-2009, 01:03 AM
You are a true arse opening for even making this^ comment. The District is not responsible for his poor choice, he would have made the same decision no matter whee he worked because whatever he was getting paid would still not have been enough. Stop pointing fingers, be responsible, man up little boy.

yeah because you can predict the future............well look into your little crystal ball and watch it turn green this summer :devil: