PDA

View Full Version : The micro-management midget

01-17-2009, 02:49 AM
I can't believe he is is back as a patrol supervisor, just when it looks like some morale of the patrolman/woman was possibly stabilizing. I feel sorry for the ones working under him. MAJOR CLUE= The immediate supervisor and how he treats the ones under him has a lot to do with job satisfaction.

01-17-2009, 03:42 AM
Last I heard he was brought out of patrol as a supervisor about the time Rapp was let go when I worked their. Feel sorry for all the newbies :/

01-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Rumor has it that things are going well on this shift and there aren't any real complaints. Let’s give him a chance all right?

while on the subject though, it would be great if middle management at this agency - an agency that loudly proclaims its' accreditation status- would insist on the adherence to one set of departmental standards at the squad level. The current tendency of some supervisors being allowed to create their own manifesto of personal squad specific rules can be frustrating for patrol officers when bouncing from supervisor to supervisor bi-annually.

01-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Get use to it. The basics should be done the same way, but as far as the squad rules go, I think every supervisor has different views on how he/she wants the squad ran, and that is only right. If you stay here long enough, you wil get to know what is expected by each Sgt. That is really a good thing, you will learn more angles of the job.

01-19-2009, 03:25 AM
I assume the micro management guy is a short Italian Sgt. that I am thinking of. It sounds like things haven't changed, he enjoyed micro management when I worked there and he loved getting things over on other officers if he could get them in trouble and written up somehow. I think it was just his mind set of being the ultimate cop and finding things wrong, but I have to say I think he enjoyed getting other cops as much as he enjoyed getting the bad guy on the streets. That doesn't fly at real police agencies, he would probably find himself in a blanket party pretty quick. But, at USF that is the way it is.

01-20-2009, 03:36 PM
So, That doesn't fly at real police agencies. huh? You must not have been around very much. Give it a few more years youngster and you will know better. There are A$$holes at ALL police departments.

I assume the micro management guy is a short Italian Sgt. that I am thinking of. It sounds like things haven't changed, he enjoyed micro management when I worked there and he loved getting things over on other officers if he could get them in trouble and written up somehow. I think it was just his mind set of being the ultimate cop and finding things wrong, but I have to say I think he enjoyed getting other cops as much as he enjoyed getting the bad guy on the streets. That doesn't fly at real police agencies, he would probably find himself in a blanket party pretty quick. But, at USF that is the way it is.

02-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Ahh, again, another one who escaped your cacoon and came to a real agency where he is a star. You guys at USF are a$$ backward boobs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

02-08-2009, 09:47 PM
It is actually spelled cocoon. But thanks for you insight.

02-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Ahh, again, another one who escaped your cacoon and came to a real agency where he is a star. You guys at USF are a$$ backward boobs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So let me get this straight. We "Ass Backwards Boobs" as you call us, leave this Agency and become "Stars" at "real" agencies???

This place is a revolving door for officers the main reason being salary only. Working conditions for the most part are good, some nonsense, but hey that's Police work.

People leaving here after a few years and becoming stars for other Agencies only shows the character of Officers who work here.

Study harder for that next exam where ever you are. Theres quite a few Ex USF guys out there who will most likely step up and over you.

02-10-2009, 01:48 AM
I wish Rapp the best and I hope he is doing really successful. USF is a good place to work and it has a lot of good officers. The only thing besides the pay that is missing, is the unity of the officers. There really isn't much of a bond here among officers or the supervisors to the officers, which they should be working on creating a unified working enviroment. Most seem to be ready to screw over the next guy really quick, for what ever motive or reason. Probably, the lack of real officer socialization skills of looking out for each other being learned I think.

02-10-2009, 04:05 AM
It is actually spelled cocoon. But thanks for you insight.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM'thanks for YOU? insight.........you fool 8) 8) as far as the 'quality' you claim USFpd creates? BULL crap!!!!!!! We were quality before you idiots attempted to twist us..........No points for you guys on this one..knuckleheads :lol: :lol: :lol:

02-11-2009, 01:12 AM
There really isn't much of a bond here among officers or the supervisors to the officers, which they should be working on creating a unified working enviroment. Most seem to be ready to screw over the next guy really quick, for what ever motive or reason. Probably, the lack of real officer socialization skills of looking out for each other being learned I think.

Thats not true. Most of the supervisors care about the people working for them. There is questions of the "Micro Mangement guy" I think that is spoken of here, who enjoys getting something over on another co-worker, but I think most of the supervisors care about the the people working for them.

02-14-2009, 12:10 AM
It's probably not an issue of the people working for him, I think he usually treats his workers right, besides the micro-management asspect, which is a major no no in supervison unless you are working a day care. It's the other officers that he enjoys nailing. This is a new department experience wise, and is still learning a lot, but a guy like him is ready to nail you quick.

02-14-2009, 02:44 AM
Rumor has it that things are going well on this shift and there aren't any real complaints. Let’s give him a chance all right?

while on the subject though, it would be great if middle management at this agency - an agency that loudly proclaims its' accreditation status- would insist on the adherence to one set of departmental standards at the squad level. The current tendency of some supervisors being allowed to create their own manifesto of personal squad specific rules can be frustrating for patrol officers when bouncing from supervisor to supervisor bi-annually.
Thank you for your reasoned and intelligent reply to this stupid thread. You know, the job can be tough and people rely on theirs bro's in tough times.
Be safe.

02-14-2009, 03:20 AM
What the heck does that mean?