PDA

View Full Version : F.O.P. Contract

01-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Does anyone know when we are going to see the new step pay plan? This should be done already. How much are we paying the F.O.P. every pay period?

02-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Ever come to an FOP meeting. Volunteer to be an officer in the FOP or run for office. Ever call or write your County Commissioner about officer pay.The Union is only as good as its active members. So you can ***** on here or get involved.

02-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Why am I paying dues then? I have to do this too? I did'nt ask for any of this. Get me a raise, and get my GD accrual rates back!

03-27-2009, 08:30 PM
WE PAY THE SAME DADE COUNTY PBA WILL CHARGE US AND AS OF 3/27/09...THEY R WILLING TO COME DOWN....THE SAME PEOPLE THAT GONE MDPD OVER 10% IN RAISES LAST YEAR...."IN TUFF ECONOMIC TIMES" WE R THE LOWEST PAID LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY IN SOUTH FLORIDA. ITS TIME WE HAD A POWERFUL UNION WORKING FOR US. EMAIL AT PBA4MCSO@YAHOO.COM OR CONTINUE TO NOT GET A RAISE....OR MAYBE 3%...NOT THIS YEAR NOT NEXT YEAR...THE YEAR AFTER THAT.

03-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Ever come to an FOP meeting. Volunteer to be an officer in the FOP or run for office. Ever call or write your County Commissioner about officer pay.The Union is only as good as its active members. So you can ***** on here or get involved.

I agree with Trooper Truth, I am simply going to stop paying my dues to the FOP, and start a movement so we can switch to a real agressive union like the PBA. "no sense of *****ing on here", just pull out and bring on the new union.... :D

04-05-2009, 10:57 PM
No on one has to do anything like show up to meetings, volunteer to be an officer in the FOP, write letters to local politicians. Nope pay your dues and just let someone else do it all!!! Let them get you your big pay raise while you sit back and *****.

How do you think the wonderful agressive PBA got MDPD a raise? If you notices they had hundreds of mambers at Commission meetings. Hell several years ago I watched in Ft Lauderdale as several hundred cops shouted the mayor off the stage at a ralley. think we could even get 10 members to a commission meeting to support the FOp for your pay raises, NOPE! :|

Look at the new Teamsters contract for Corrections, No raises, no benefit changes, etc and they are run by the Mob how much more agressive can you get?

04-05-2009, 11:02 PM
If you understand anything about labor law the union nor the agency can publish negotiation items while negotiations are ongoing it is illegal under Federal law and an unfair labor practice. This is why they are called NEGOTIATIONS. Anyone can go and sit on any of the negotiations sessions and report back to all of the interested on what was discussed, oh that's right we only pay dues and don't get involved.

04-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Trooper Truth

Why are you so worried about OUR contract and how we feel about the FOP. If you don't like us complaining, then stop coming to our page. If you troopers don't have a page then start one. Just remember, no matter how much we are paid or complain, we will be the first ones there to back you. I'm sure most of what is written is just people venting. :devil:

04-09-2009, 02:07 PM
So what is going on with the negotiations? Are we getting these accural rates back?

centermass
04-22-2009, 02:19 PM
If you would ever come to an FOP meeting you might find out.