PDA

View Full Version : Traffic citation

01-13-2009, 09:07 AM
I know you guys enforce CMV rules. But does your admin/supervisors mind if your write non-cmv, i.e. general public, traffic citations? Like if you were in the course of running radar and found a infraction. I know the law Allows you too, but I was curious as to what the admin says?

01-13-2009, 01:27 PM
I write cars tickets everyday. My average is about 50-50 cars to trucks. We are cops first and foremost with a responsibility to enforce cmv laws. I have been here 9 years and have never had anyone say anything about writing cars.
If you worked an 8 hr day and wrote nothing but cars and never stop one truck they would probably say something. But they also know that part of our job is traffic enforcement and keeping the general motoring public safe, which means in part that if you work an 8 hr day and dont come across one car that needs a ticket, especially in so. fl. than you are probably not doing your job either.

01-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Thanks DOT COP. Won't be much of an issue after the merge passes the house/senate. :D

01-14-2009, 12:37 PM
I write cars tickets everyday. My average is about 50-50 cars to trucks. We are cops first and foremost with a responsibility to enforce cmv laws. I have been here 9 years and have never had anyone say anything about writing cars.
If you worked an 8 hr day and wrote nothing but cars and never stop one truck they would probably say something. But they also know that part of our job is traffic enforcement and keeping the general motoring public safe, which means in part that if you work an 8 hr day and dont come across one car that needs a ticket, especially in so. fl. than you are probably not doing your job either.

Thanks for the real poster of this blog. Stay safe, Im a LEO down in SOFL but was just wonderinf

01-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks DOT COP. Won't be much of an issue after the merge passes the house/senate. :D
Ok...just let me know when it happens moreover when in doesn't .