PDA

View Full Version : WE WANT A RAISE AND OUR OT BACK

01-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Legislators listen up, we make the state of Florida somewhere in the range of $20 million a year AND with the federal money we get it costs the state close to NOTHING for us to try to control over 19 million trucks plus and with only about 180 officers. I cannot believe the law makers refuse to recognize us for what we do, however, I don't think they are being told what we do. WE ARE FED UP WITH NO RAISES AND NOW OUR OVERTIME GETS CUT WHILE FHP GETS MORE OT!!! Nothing against FHP at all for you bashers, they need it, too. But just like the old saying united we stand, divided... well, we are falling thanks to the PBA so called "union". No help there either. :evil:

01-04-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm with ya

01-04-2009, 10:37 PM
$72,600 base plus OT. Another 18,000 in off duty. 9.5 years Orlando P.D. as an Officer in patrol. We do have to pay $70/month for use of take home patrol car (includes off duty jobs)

From FHP's board, state LEO's pay sucks...5 years and base pay is around $1490 biweekly for me. Worked my __ __ S off on OT and almost made $60k with no vacations and no time off, working weekends and nights and all the rest areas available. Won't have that problem this year, 12 hours OT a pay check, 24 a month, gonna be an easy year looks like, not much stress in doing NOTHING but inspections. Legislators, either get with the pay issue or DO IT YOURSELF.

01-08-2009, 12:04 AM
FACT: I have worked more ot in the past year than ever before check yours
FACT: We asked for the rest areas and toll running and now we have them
FACT: My wife works at a school and has been told that she will likely be laid off
FACT: The public schools are looking at loosing $500,000,000
FACT: Our ot hours were reduced but the dollars are the same
FACT: The brass uses our activity to support more ot money, so go ahead and cut your activity, I can use your hours
FACT: FHP has vacancies, just drive by one of their stations.
FACT: I have no desire to go back to PT for 10 weeks to learn how to march and fill in the blanks.
FACT: My neighbor lost his job and they may loose their house.
FACT: YES I want a pay raise and MORE OT but I am thankful for what I have! Nobody took your OUR ot, we ATE it!
FACT: My mother lives in a nursing home because she needs 24/7 care and medicare is talking about cutting her services
FACT: If you are sick and tired, GET OUT or get your head out of your a$$ and take a look around. You're making me sick, now I need a beer

01-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Don't stress it guys. After the DOT - FHP merge, ya'll will get a raise and have plenty of available OT to jump on!

01-08-2009, 01:20 PM
FACT: My wife works at a school and has been told that she will likely be laid off
FACT: The brass uses our activity to support more ot money, so go ahead and cut your activity, I can use your hours
FACT: I have no desire to go back to PT for 10 weeks to learn how to march and fill in the blanks.
FACT: YES I want a pay raise and MORE OT but I am thankful for what I have! Nobody took your OUR ot, we ATE it!
FACT: My mother lives in a nursing home because she needs 24/7 care and medicare is talking about cutting her services
FACT: If you are sick and tired, GET OUT or get your head out of your a$$ and take a look around. You're making me sick, now I need a beer

YOU MAKE ALL OF US SICK, NO WONDER WE CAN'T GET ANY RESPECT, YOUR WIFE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WORK, AND YOU WOULD TAKE CARE OF YOUR MOTHER YOURSELF IF YOU COULD AFFORD IT, I WOULD IMAGINE, WE SHOPULDN'T HAVE TO WORK OT TO MAKE A DECENT LIVING. I ALSO HAVE NEIBORS THAT ARE IN FINACIAL TROUBLE, BUT THEY CHOSE THEIR OCCUPATION AND THEY CAN GET HIRED BY FHP JUST LIKE ANYBODY

01-08-2009, 08:45 PM
32 hours of OT per week = an unhappy family :(

01-09-2009, 06:05 PM
38,000 a year = an unhappy family. So give us a raise DOT and we won't have to work as hard.
Or maybe that's why DOT make us depend on the OT. If we didn't have it, DOT wouldn't get the FDOT funding. Dropped stats.

01-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Or a slacker who has no life & produces activity only while working the o.t.

01-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Or a slacker who has no life & produces activity only while working the o.t.

Huh?

01-20-2009, 07:28 PM
FACT: My mother lives in a nursing home because she needs 24/7 care and medicare is
talking about cutting her services

Very well said!!

01-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Legislators listen up, we make the state of Florida somewhere in the range of $20 million a year AND with the federal money we get it costs the state close to NOTHING for us to try to control over 19 million trucks plus and with only about 180 officers. I cannot believe the law makers refuse to recognize us for what we do, however, I don't think they are being told what we do. WE ARE FED UP WITH NO RAISES AND NOW OUR OVERTIME GETS CUT WHILE FHP GETS MORE OT!!! Nothing against FHP at all for you bashers, they need it, too. But just like the old saying united we stand, divided... well, we are falling thanks to the PBA so called "union". No help there either. :evil:

When you guys become a full service, 24/7 agency, maybe you get more pay and overtime.

01-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks for reminding me how elite you are. Loser

02-02-2009, 06:13 PM
You know, I have someone in my family w/FDOT & that poor kid doesn't know until the nite before where he is going to be sent nor what he is going to do as a special unit w/FDOT. He
Merging w/ gets sent from Hernando Co., to Ft Myers, Vero Bch., Clewiston, Pr Charlotee, Punta Gorda, you name it. Sometimes he gets sent on wild goose chases that FDOT & other agencies have set up that are not at all productive since it is very obvious to even a lay person what they are doing. A total waste of man power and money.
It is an agency that is very top heavy & needs to be streamed lined. Projects need to be handled differently & if they make the unit wait for calls from another agency that has requested their services, call them. Don't let them set for hours & never call. LEt them know you don't need their services so they can go do what their job description requires of them. Another waste of manpower & finances.
Merging w/FHP is not the answer. It will not be cost effective and doesn't put any more manpower where it needs to be. It would require crossing training for each agency to be effective on the job to save the money they are looking for. They need to look up the ranks for cost saving means.

Just my opinion

02-02-2009, 10:24 PM
I am curious about the special unit within FDOT that your family member is in. It does not sound like anything that I have heard about. Two things come to mind:
1) You are full of crap and don't know what you're talking about or
2) Your family member (if they even exist) has fed you line of crap and you ate it up!

If my assumptions are incorrect, please provide more details about this special unit.

02-03-2009, 04:15 AM
It's either the Glow bugs (Nuke team) or CIP. Both do alot of traveling.

mxwx51
02-12-2009, 08:09 PM
My guess would be Rad/Nuke. Actually that sounds like a perfect description of them. 4 officers sitting in 1 SUV riding around the parking lot. Sounds like wasted man power in my opinion.

As far as what "Fact vs. Fiction" had to say. YES, I am very fortunate to have the job I have. But I'm not going to sit here and say how great working for the state is. The state doesn't care about us. That is obvious by the travel bill the LT. Governor racked up this year. That would have been a pretty good raise. Are you seriously happy that you worked more this year than you every have before? You must be single, or not a fan of your family. I worked more than ever as well, and that was more time I was away from my wife and kid. I love my job, and I'm not complaining about it. The only complaint I have is that we are constantly looked over and disregarded by the legislature and everyone else. We are simply a number, nothing more. And all that OT you worked last year, has been cut in half, so don't plan on the same number this year. Wake up man, we ARE fortunate, but it still isn't the paradise you describe. NO person who carries a badge and a gun should make a base of $32k and change per year.

And one more thing...

FACT: North Florida may have been granted rest areas, but us poor fools further south don't have that luxury. Wackenhut runs the rest areas. So congratulations to you for working a rest area, but that doesn't help me.

02-12-2009, 11:48 PM
ANd we all value your opinion you expert! (Legend in your own mind) :devil:

02-13-2009, 03:28 AM
My guess would be Rad/Nuke. Actually that sounds like a perfect description of them. 4 officers sitting in 1 SUV riding around the parking lot. Sounds like wasted man power in my opinion.

As far as what "Fact vs. Fiction" had to say. YES, I am very fortunate to have the job I have. But I'm not going to sit here and say how great working for the state is. The state doesn't care about us. That is obvious by the travel bill the LT. Governor racked up this year. That would have been a pretty good raise. Are you seriously happy that you worked more this year than you every have before? You must be single, or not a fan of your family. I worked more than ever as well, and that was more time I was away from my wife and kid. I love my job, and I'm not complaining about it. The only complaint I have is that we are constantly looked over and disregarded by the legislature and everyone else. We are simply a number, nothing more. And all that OT you worked last year, has been cut in half, so don't plan on the same number this year. Wake up man, we ARE fortunate, but it still isn't the paradise you describe. NO person who carries a badge and a gun should make a base of $32k and change per year.

And one more thing...

FACT: North Florida may have been granted rest areas, but us poor fools further south don't have that luxury. Wackenhut runs the rest areas. So congratulations to you for working a rest area, but that doesn't help me.

Good post....Couldn't agree more..

mxwx51
02-13-2009, 07:55 PM

I guess you must be a member. No hard feelings. It must be nice just be selected into a "special" unit just because you are "well liked" by the brass in charge of it. And then in that "special" unit get more money than any other officer in the state because you have pretty much unlimited overtime. I don't want it. I don't want to be away from my family all that time, but that "special" unit needs to be run a little more fairly for those that do. There are many in the state that NEED that overtime, but they don't have access to it, because it is impossible to get in... I guess YOU are the real legend.

Playing the Game
02-13-2009, 11:13 PM

I guess you must be a member. No hard feelings. It must be nice just be selected into a "special" unit just because you are "well liked" by the brass in charge of it. And then in that "special" unit get more money than any other officer in the state because you have pretty much unlimited overtime. I don't want it. I don't want to be away from my family all that time, but that "special" unit needs to be run a little more fairly for those that do. There are many in the state that NEED that overtime, but they don't have access to it, because it is impossible to get in... I guess YOU are the real legend.

A legend in their own minds! Amazing, and here I was told that those guys do not get any extra money. I guess around here it is how much a** you kiss.

02-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Good for those who stepped up without knowing they would make more OT. Good for them for getting something for doing something for the right reason while you just cry, cry, cry, like a little whiner :devil:

Playing the Game
02-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Good for those who stepped up without knowing they would make more OT. Good for them for getting something for doing something for the right reason while you just cry, cry, cry, like a little whiner :devil:

You must be a member of the team, with a comment like that. Tell me something then, why do I have to work the Daytona 500 with this RAD pager and have to flex my time because of no OT? I am not part of the team but I am still being sent to do the same job they do. Hummm, I just don't get that. Maybe you can explain it since you call me a whiner.

02-15-2009, 08:57 PM
wa, wa, wa.... :mrgreen:

02-15-2009, 09:02 PM
LEO Affairs Road Patrol, you claim you are working the Daytona 500 but are posting to LEO Affairs at the start of the race. Either you are a liar or totally worthless which should answer your question either way:lol:

Playing the Game
02-16-2009, 01:11 AM
LEO Affairs Road Patrol, you claim you are working the Daytona 500 but are posting to LEO Affairs at the start of the race. Either you are a liar or totally worthless which should answer your question either way:lol:

Apparently, you have never worked the detail because if you had you will know that once the people are seated and the race begins, the road patrol guys are cut loose to go home. So, come on and respond back with another worthless statement!

02-16-2009, 01:01 PM
wa, wa, wa.... :lol:

02-16-2009, 08:47 PM

You must be a member of the team, with a comment like that. Tell me something then, why do I have to work the Daytona 500 with this RAD pager and have to flex my time because of no OT? I am not part of the team but I am still being sent to do the same job they do. Hummm, I just don't get that. Maybe you can explain it since you call me a whiner.

I was volunteered to work the races , long hours yes. I only flexed the hours over 64 hours per contract which sucks unfortunately because of our award winning bargaining unit.It would be nice to be afforded up to 32 hours per week like FHP but whatever. I happened to get some well needed overtime. If you worked the detail , then you only offset all the o.t. by choice. I'm not here to contradict the previous post(er) , but I know what I worked and get what I can. It's better than 12 hrs. per week. If you did in fact work the same Daytona 500 detail as I ,you know we had it good.

02-19-2009, 12:10 AM

And one more thing...

All you south Florida people are hung up on us working rest areas but you don't complain about getting the turn pike OT, which has been consistently DOUBLE the regular OT. We can only get 8 hours per pay period and that is nearly impossible. I KNOW you south (and that includes Orlando) people have been and are still getting the turn pike OT and how about giving that up, just to help us all out? you poor, poor fools that are already making $5k more than the rest of us. OH, and the cost of living thing, that's a joke, I cannot afford to live in a mansion no matter where it's at. We all are being phased out as now the Sheriff's Offices are allowed to work the rest areas, so I hope you all are happy, FDOT is still paying the bills for everybody but us to work them. FHP increased the hours for them and ours were cut, I bet there isn't any limit on the SO's, so get ready for NO MORE OT AT ALL. Better get your resumes ready, FDOT don't care and don't want our services, they put their money where their mouth is. They don't and never have recognized us as Law Enforcement, I don't know why I even bother with this website, like talking to the wall.