PDA

View Full Version : Question of the week?

01-02-2009, 09:05 PM
What does 10-3 mean? Apparently some members of our department don't know...............

01-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Maybe certain dispatchers :devil:

01-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Great here we go again,,,,,, why must we cast stones at them. We all know they do no wrong up there.

01-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Quote of the week that started things off right in 2009..I hope this trend continues...

"Let him talk base."

01-04-2009, 04:36 AM
I am a student at the school located of of 6100 blk of 70th ave and legally a tard. I do know that 10-3 means STFU inless 10-33 ( emeg. traffic only)

01-04-2009, 07:30 PM
I am a student at the school located of of 6100 blk of 70th ave and legally a tard. I do know that 10-3 means STFU inless 10-33 ( emeg. traffic only)

Can you come talk with our dispatchers, they might learn a few things. :snicker:

01-05-2009, 03:50 AM
Well, you know it's hard to talk on the radio and actually listen to what's going on with the TV going, the buffett, the personal calls and, the text messaging. Amazing how these people work with all this excitement. Everytime you get on the radio it's as thou your on "their time". Geeeee let me think................. it's the city's time!!!!!!! Just do your job, it's fun, it's easy and :lol: WOW :lol: you get a paycheck and the satisfaction that your actually doing your job!

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

01-06-2009, 12:01 AM

Hmmm, so you stated you are "legally" a tard. That's a good thing, because if you were "illegally" a tard, I would have to arrest you for impersonating a tard. (Just a little stupid humor.) :lol:

01-06-2009, 03:43 AM
Come on guys....You want to be critical because they make mistakes that's one thing. Calling them Tards and saying the job is easy, that is taking a bit far don't you think.

1. Their job is not easy. It may not be our job, but it has pressure and they don't get paid the best.

2. Some may act stupid sometimes, but let's give them a little respect. Sometimes our lives may depend on them.

01-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Wow. Such hostility. Calling them tards and insulting them for buffets, texting, personal calls,television. Thank goodness no officers ever eat on the job/in car, talk on their cell phone, text back and forth on their mdt's, or listen to music in the car. And the way every single officer out there is ready for every single call, even the BS ones, and never sound annoyed when they are sent to them: the way every officer is professional, responds politely to the dispatcher, and never send an am that they can't take a call because they are down, or it's their friday, or some other day,etc... is awesome.
All of you are right, x3 is stfu territory, absolutely. Just like when vice is working an area, the message is sent out and some of still drive through...I guess officers can make mistakes though, huh? Just like the mistake of asking for ch2 info on ch1, asking ch2 for info you can get, or already have gotten in your car, but want them to do it anyway, asking dispatch to do functions that you can and should do in your car, etc. And, let's not forget the mistakes on entries that we have to fix for you or track you down so you can fix it so it doesn't have to get kicked back.
As far as the buffets, I guess that the New Years buffet must have bothered someone, but that was meant to be a nice thing for the officers and dispatch.Sorry.
I just think it's pathetic that things have to be like this. I have done this job for a lot of years, and the insults and mud slinging really don't serve any real purpose, except to make people wonder who said what and drive wedges between people. If everyone is on the same team, then can't we just accept that people with make mistakes sometimes, or not hear something, or even walk on one another occasionally, or whatever else there is to do? I know I want to do my job well, and to get along with everyone, but man is it ever hard sometimes.

01-09-2009, 07:53 PM
While I agree with everything you just said, you may have been better served to not respond since this thread had died off. Now what will likely happen is the original genious that started this will get back on here with his two buddies and breath fire again.

01-13-2009, 04:39 PM
While I agree with everything you just said, you may have been better served to not respond since this thread had died off. Now what will likely happen is the original genious that started this will get back on here with his two buddies and breath fire again.

Very true.

However, these issues will never change. How about we just do our jobs, this is a very unique time for all members of our agency with budget cuts and staffing shortages.

It is just amazing how certain individuals come to work and plan on sitting around and goofing off. Take reports, answer the calls, and speak as if you wish to be spoken to. It's a unique concept we should try it!

01-22-2009, 06:17 AM
Nothing changes because no one tries to change it. We are all in this together,like it or not. There is absolutely no reasonable excuse for the name calling, and just plain rude behavior that goes on here. Sometimes, if nothing else, it should just come down to common courtesy.I don't care if you think someone is stupid, or lazy, or has an attitude, or whatever, you should still be grown up enough to behave like an adult and be professional. It seems like that is happening less and less though, and then everyone sits around and wonders why nobody is happy. Maybe, just maybe if we all started treating each other a little better, there would be more goodwill towards each other, ya think?

01-23-2009, 07:20 PM
It will never change,,,, what kills me is the cluster up there the night of shadow run,,,, it was unreal,,, they missed half the radio traffic and this delayed the response of resources

01-26-2009, 04:03 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/11/17/Neighborhoodtimes/Police_call_generates.shtml

Police call generates complaint
A store manager says a dispatcher wouldn't send an officer to a shoplifting call. Police say more information was needed.
By ANNE LINDBERG
Published November 17, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PINELLAS PARK - A police dispatcher told a store clerk she did not have enough information to send a police officer to help an Albertsons manager who had confronted a shoplifter in a dark parking lot, according to a complaint filed Tuesday.

The complaint, sent to Pinellas Park police Chief Dorene Thomas, was made by Kirk Naquin, manager of the Albertsons grocery store at 4701 Park Blvd. It detailed three conversations with Pinellas Park police personnel that Naquin characterized as "perturbing."

Store officials declined to comment Tuesday, referring questions to a state office. A spokesman there did not have information about the incident.

Police spokesman Sandy Forseth said Naquin had his facts wrong. The associate who called said she was not sure if an officer was needed. There was no indication, Forseth said, that the manager had confronted a shoplifter.

When the dispatcher asked for more information, Forseth said the caller agreed to get more information and call back.

Naquin's complaint described the situation this way:

About 6 p.m. Monday, Naquin confronted a shoplifter in the parking lot and asked an associate to call the police.

"During the call Operator No. 761 inquired about the incident and asked who the victims were," Naquin wrote.

"My clerk stated all she knew is that a shoplifting had incurred at Albertsons and assistance was needed in the parking lot. The operator stated she needed more than that to send an officer and ended the call without sending an officer."

The identity of Operator 761 was not available Tuesday.

Naquin went back inside the store about seven minutes later and called dispatch. He spoke with Operator 761 again. This time, he supplied the make, color and license number of the car the shoplifter was driving.

After talking with Operator 761, Naquin wrote that he called the department to get Thomas' e-mail address or direct phone number. Clyde Walters, a communications supervisor with the Pinellas Park Police Department, answered and "seemed apprehensive" about giving Thomas' e-mail address.

Walters said Tuesday he remembered the call, but had not seen a copy of Naquin's complaint. He declined comment until seeing a copy of the complaint.

Naquin described what had happened and Walters "stated he didn't find anything wrong with the way it was handled and that he could come see me in person to speak with me."

Naquin said he asked Walters how he would like to have something similar happen to him.

"He then stated he was busy and had to get off the phone," Naquin wrote. "I told him "fine because I would be communicating this incident with you.' He never once offered an apology or explained. He just stated "that's the way it works.' "

Glad to see nothing changes. What a nice four year track record.

01-29-2009, 05:19 AM
Wow. I just wonder how many officer mistakes could one find, if one were petty enough to do so,by going back four years and documenting them. And did anyone ever stop to think about the fact that we ask questions trying to ascertain what we would be sending you guys into, for officer safety, etc. Let me ask this too, did you pull the tape and listen to all this? Did you gather all the facts? Or were you just attempting to make yourself feel like a bigshot by belittling one of the dispatchers? Has anyone here ever heard the one about people living in glass houses? Notice how it isn't the dispatchers posting nasty things about the officers, or making derogatory comments, and boy, could we make plenty rest assured.

01-30-2009, 05:39 PM
ACTUALLY, WE'D LIKE TO HEAR SOME OF THESE STORIES, WE'D BE INTERESTED IN SEEING WHO WE ARE WORKING WITH. :oops:

02-01-2009, 02:29 AM
I think the point was that they aren't petty enough to go there. When mistakes are made, instead of running here and calling people names and talking about them like they are the enemy. Of course officers and dispatch are going to get on each others nerves sometimes, but while dispatch vents in the comm center to each other, certain officers seem to think that writing their thoughts down in a public forum and possibly humiliating dispatch is the way to go.
In other words, I guess the way I see it is that you really already know who and what you work with, don't you?

02-02-2009, 07:16 PM
So it's ok as long as the belittling occurs within the comm. center. That would probably explain why it takes so long to answer the phones and the radio. Or could it be because of the TV or the cell phone use? :devil:

02-04-2009, 04:46 AM
So it's ok as long as the belittling occurs within the comm. center. That would probably explain why it takes so long to answer the phones and the radio. Or could it be because of the TV or the cell phone use? :devil:

So, let me get this straight. Someone is rude to you at work and you never talk about it with anyone. Are the dispatchers some sort of exception to that rule. Are they supposed to get insulted and spoken to as if they are annoying the officers and never react. And it is so nice that all dispatchers are grouped together as bad because of a couple. Does that mean all officers are the same?

02-04-2009, 08:53 PM
As always there are a few bad apples in the group. These apples are usually removed when spotted. Yet our agency only allows these apples to rot and fester therefore affecting others.

If we would all just do what were paid to do there would be only minor issues. Yet time and time again we forgot why we get paid and slack at our jobs. We are guilty of this at times. However, most of us pull out of this slump with help sometimes.

The help being our supervisors and the discipline enacted. When there is no discipline the problem is what we face now.

02-06-2009, 03:42 AM
damn it im not a cop but i want to be one day. is it that fun? do you get to shoot people?

02-06-2009, 04:15 AM
Infant

02-06-2009, 02:04 PM
we hire those?

02-07-2009, 02:48 AM
[quote]Police spokesman Sandy Forseth said Naquin had his facts wrong. The associate who called said she was not sure if an officer was needed. There was no indication, Forseth said, that the manager had confronted a shoplifter.

Albertsons store manager vs. Captain Forseth .. wow, who are you going to BELIEVE? I would hope that all of the Pinellas Park Police Officers would have more trust and belief in your own department heads than an Albertsons store manager!!?? Amazing!

02-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Why is there a discussion of an event that happened prior to a large number of us getting hired and about a store that is clsoed down.......Oh I know....someone just trying to stir up some dung. :devil:

02-07-2009, 08:52 PM
More faith in the store manager. Definitely.

02-23-2009, 07:10 PM
you don't suppose we are so top heavy and have so many administrators that they are hoping to find just one with a back bone or maybe if they get enough admin they might be able to make one back bone out of the bunch?

just a thought