PDA

View Full Version : Goatees

01-02-2009, 03:55 AM
It's embarrasssing official! The goatee is in the G.O and is final. Guess it looked good enough on the Officer arrested for DUI while on-duty sporting his goatee. Keep setting those standards high.

01-02-2009, 05:00 AM
What do we expect when we purposelly hire poachers and ignorant hillbillies (one and the same) and then brainwash them into this ideal of being some fictional old time game warden. So hoist your rebel flag, pop open a Bud, lets talk about Yankees.

rickjames
01-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Somebody needs a hug.

01-03-2009, 02:43 AM
What do we expect when we purposelly hire poachers and ignorant hillbillies (one and the same) and then brainwash them into this ideal of being some fictional old time game warden. So hoist your rebel flag, pop open a Bud, lets talk about Yankees.

Sounds good to me, wher do I sign up?

01-03-2009, 07:08 AM
What a shock. Another dumb redneck that too stupid to realise that Larry the Cable Guy is not only a fake but making fun of rednecks. Trailer trash with badges is what this agency is becoming.

01-03-2009, 04:58 PM
What a shock. Another dumb redneck that too stupid to realise that Larry the Cable Guy is not only a fake but making fun of rednecks. Trailer trash with badges is what this agency is becoming.

as much as you talk about larry the cable guy, sounds like you have a crush. I don't agree with the policy but in case you haven't noticed we have a problem keeping officers not only sober but employed. maybe we should all find an oak tree and sort this out. I don't think the goatee had anything to do with the boat driver getting an DUI but hey I am sure he looked professional gettin er dun'. Also I am pretty sure that anyone who only makes 34k a year almost qualifies as TRAILER TRASH, maybe all this hostility should be directed at PBA for getting paid to sit back and laugh.

01-03-2009, 07:41 PM

as much as you talk about larry the cable guy, sounds like you have a crush. I don't agree with the policy but in case you haven't noticed we have a problem keeping officers not only sober but employed. maybe we should all find an oak tree and sort this out. I don't think the goatee had anything to do with the boat driver getting an DUI but hey I am sure he looked professional gettin er dun'. Also I am pretty sure that anyone who only makes 34k a year almost qualifies as TRAILER TRASH, maybe all this hostility should be directed at PBA for getting paid to sit back and laugh.

I thought it was the female officer who was wearing the goatee. My mistake what is the policy for female officers wearing a goatee?

01-03-2009, 07:47 PM

I love Larry the Cable Guy! He makes millions by making fun of ignorant rednecks.

01-04-2009, 01:01 AM
I have a goatee and although I don't wear the hat I don't find them unprofessional. Thats the nice thing about them, if you don't like them, put them in the attic, and if you dont like facial hair or as most of you sound, cant grow a goatee, don't. As for professionalism it's not the hat or hair, it's the way you treat the public. Most of the people that we are dealing with are NOT violating the law, the are recreating. What I hear most about unprofessionalism is when they (the public) encounter the river nazis. The public is tired of being treated as if they are guilty of something untill they prove themselves inocent. Treat the public with respect and when you find a violator deal with them in a professional manner then the hat or goatee wont matter.

01-04-2009, 05:55 AM
I have a goatee and although I don't wear the hat I don't find them unprofessional. Thats the nice thing about them, if you don't like them, put them in the attic, and if you dont like facial hair or as most of you sound, cant grow a goatee, don't. As for professionalism it's not the hat or hair, it's the way you treat the public. Most of the people that we are dealing with are NOT violating the law, the are recreating. What I hear most about unprofessionalism is when they (the public) encounter the river nazis. The public is tired of being treated as if they are guilty of something untill they prove themselves inocent. Treat the public with respect and when you find a violator deal with them in a professional manner then the hat or goatee wont matter.

That's a great post sir!

01-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Go ahead and keep writing misdemeanors you did not witness regardless of whether or not you wear a goatee or not. "Say boy, didn't you shoot a deer out of season two weeks ago? Go on now and admit it or I'll take ya in." Yeah, this is how its done inland. Goatee or no.

rickjames
01-05-2009, 04:11 AM
goatee wearer wrote:I have a goatee and although I don't wear the hat I don't find them unprofessional. Thats the nice thing about them, if you don't like them, put them in the attic, and if you dont like facial hair or as most of you sound, cant grow a goatee, don't. As for professionalism it's not the hat or hair, it's the way you treat the public. Most of the people that we are dealing with are NOT violating the law, the are recreating. What I hear most about unprofessionalism is when they (the public) encounter the river nazis. The public is tired of being treated as if they are guilty of something untill they prove themselves inocent. Treat the public with respect and when you find a violator deal with them in a professional manner then the hat or goatee wont matter.

That sir is a great post!

01-05-2009, 04:24 AM
Goatess are unprofessional for a para-military uniform appearance! That's funny, then if it is so professional why doesn't the coast guard wear gaotees? The agency is getting so lax with standards you can now wear the class A w/out a tie. Yep, goatee, cowboy hat and unbuttoned long-sleeve. Keep up the high standards. Guess ironing is out of the question....

rickjames
01-05-2009, 11:09 AM
I hear the coast guard may be looking for a para-military type to drive a boat.

01-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Instead of always attempting to re-invent the wheel why not just look at most other departments? While we may have more important things to worry about; pay, benefits, etc. the goatees are a symptom of whats wrong.

rickjames
01-06-2009, 01:39 AM
No, a goatee is facial hair that when properly worn is allowed by our agency.

01-06-2009, 03:54 AM
"Most of the people that we are dealing with are NOT violating the law, the are recreating."

Did they finally de-criminalize a majority or the laws and rules FWC enforces?

01-08-2009, 03:57 AM
DEP is the agency that just had many of their FAC's de-criminalized (not FWC LE).

01-08-2009, 11:40 AM
What I meant was that the majority of people that we check ie. fishing, hunting, and boating inspections are not violating the law. They are out trying to enjoy thenselves in the outdoors. We conduct an inspection and leave. It is this encounter that most of the public uses to determine if we act in a proffessional manner. When we have officers that treat all of the public as if they committed a crime until they ( the public) PROVE otherwise, then the public will think of us as unproffessional. When we are trying to get support for raises and other issues in legislation, it is this public that we need to back us.

01-08-2009, 05:50 PM
What I meant was that the majority of people that we check ie. fishing, hunting, and boating inspections are not violating the law. They are out trying to enjoy thenselves in the outdoors. We conduct an inspection and leave. It is this encounter that most of the public uses to determine if we act in a proffessional manner. When we have officers that treat all of the public as if they committed a crime until they ( the public) PROVE otherwise, then the public will think of us as unproffessional. When we are trying to get support for raises and other issues in legislation, it is this public that we need to back us.

The first thing the public judges is is our appearance. Regardless of our further actions or demeanor, if we walk up in a dirty, wrinkled uniform with 1973 George Jones sideburns, in a filthy ballcap with it's brim rolled into an almost complete circle, chewing snuff what type of image does that promote? Add to this already scuzzy look a goatee and you've got youself an unprofessional image. It's very hard to garner respect when you look as though you need a good scrubbing. It also happens to be against GOs.

By the by, the only reason goatees were allowed was to apeaze fools in lue of a pay raise. (My spelling sucks!)

01-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Now you know why Dwaldo makes one case a year if hes lucky!

rickjames
01-09-2009, 03:04 AM
Luck has nothing to do with it.

01-09-2009, 09:16 PM
It's called a "First Impression" but when they laugh or chuckle it's is not good. Then they ask are you guys for real.

01-15-2009, 05:30 AM
It's embarrasssing official! The goatee is in the G.O and is final. Guess it looked good enough on the Officer arrested for DUI while on-duty sporting his goatee. Keep setting those standards high.
Get a life your stupid. You can't compare one person to all

02-11-2009, 11:37 AM
The goatees are so unprofessional, I don't wanna wear a cowboy hat, we don't get paid any money, we should look more like the coast guard and everyone else, I'm not a game warden, WAAAAAAAHH BOOHOO, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS JOB THEN QUIT!

02-12-2009, 01:53 AM
The last thing I want to look like is Uncle Sams Canoe Group. Quit your *****ing and moaning and get to work. :twisted:

02-14-2009, 01:30 AM
I thought it was Uncle Sams Confused Group,those silly puddle pirates

02-14-2009, 05:40 AM
I thought it was Uncle Sams Confused Group,those silly puddle piratesThe USCG has better training, pay, benefits, retirement, and schedule than us. Get over yourselves and stop taking shots at the only backup some of have. Rednecks, proof that inbreeding is wrong.

02-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Well unlike many police agencies, I'm pretty sure the Coast Guard is hiring. Head down to your MEP's station and sign up. Oh by the way when you start *****ing there they call it insuboardination and they put you in jail for it.

03-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Instead of always attempting to re-invent the wheel why not just look at most other departments? While we may have more important things to worry about; pay, benefits, etc. the goatees are a symptom of whats wrong.

Show me most other departments that do our job adn i will show you goatees. Hmmm U S Fish and Wildlife ring a bell ???
Now if your one of those that wants to be POLICE then go be with those other departments.

04-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Just don't go making somebody a "sacraficial goatee" or "scapegoatee". :snicker:

04-06-2009, 10:39 AM
How come when someone is unhappy with the commission the first reply tells people to leave? 90% of this message board is negative and I think that should indicate the severity of the situation facing our agency. The tried and true, "if you don't like it leave" is costing the commission a lot of good officers, and I am sick of losing those officers who are (were) a credit to the FWC.

Does anyone honestly think that working for an agency for 15 years with no or ,at best, minimal raises is o.k.? Do you honestly feel that you have been taken care of by the headshed? I happen to have a great Lt. and Captain who would give me a raise if they could, but guess what those decisions are made on a much higher pay scale than theirs.

I still work hard but I am getting tired of the same old, same old. If you think that your post telling officers with valid complaints in big bold letters to leave is going to effect anyone you are sadly mistaken. The real reasons people are leaving the FWC is because someone a lot more important than me continues to fail to provide for the officers, but by all means continue use big bold letters to persuade more officers to leave. It is a great example of how to treat your brothers and sisters in the FWC, whether you agree with how they feel or what they say, who are still here working.

Oh, and to address goatees, who cares.