PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody tell me why......?

01-01-2009, 12:50 PM
our local idiot Sgt put out to "Police" e-mail postings the three that called in 67 last night? Will this guy ever grow up? Personally I see it as some sort of reprimand in front of my peers, and a violation of our rights. To reprimand someone for the same things they themselves do and have done time and time again since they've been here is the quintessential hypocrite. Grow up already!!!! You're not liked, and as long as you keep in this modus operandi, you will never be liked.

01-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Childess maybe? Funney heck yah. Maybe those slugs need a wakeup call in front of everyone, Sgt Birk did it a few years ago on christmas to a few officers. Sux when the east side knew about it a day before they banged in must have been real potent stuff to knock three west siders out. What rigth did he violate, the 25th amendemant, right not to be called out for being lazy? must have missed that one in social studies.

01-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Screw those guys. I don't have any sympathy for a bunch of slugs that are screwing the rest of us. On a night like that, you know that if you call in, you are putting extra pressure on the few guys that will be left on the road. Not to mention that if they had to hold over some Charlie shifters, they would be screwing those guys out of their New Years Eve plans. Obviously those three had no problem with banging their fellow co-workers.

My guess is that if your only complaint is about what the Sgt did, you are probably one of those three guys.

01-02-2009, 01:01 AM
I don't have a problem with it being done, but I do have a problem with him being the one that did it. He has been the worst violator of that unwritten rule since he's been here, and even did it as a rookie Sgt. It's hypocritical from him, not Birk, which is why it was so funny then. Birk called them out because they needed it, Cerino should have kept his mouth shut and just realized they were only following his lead...

01-04-2009, 04:02 AM
Is this the part when Forrest Gump says, "Sorry for starting a fight in the middle of your Black Panther Party". The three officers had to attend their party.

01-06-2009, 03:00 AM
Cerino, the founder of the 3 day work week, is calling someone out on it?

01-06-2009, 01:00 PM
.....why alpha shift continues to be the "******* child" to both charlie and bravo shifts? Charlie is done handling calls at least two hours before their shift ends (more than that on holidays when they get called in for "training" at 2300), and bravo enjoys their breakfast (break-fast or so called fast break), city garage visits, and anything else you can imagine for their first hour? So many of you guys have complained so much about alpha taking a 40 before they go 10-7, that they can't any more even though you guys are the worst violators of this policy.
If you don't believe me on charlie coming in early, just listen to the radio (you'll never hear them unless it's a "good call" where they wouldn't be expected to do paper). Even then it's only half of the people that should've showed up. These "good calls" are when they come out of the woodwork. Or, you could just simply walk around the rear of the P.D. at 2300. You're guaranteed to see them. Just make sure you do it soon, because after this post you won't see them for long!!!!
If you don't believe me on bravo, just visit mainly bagel bar west, any other breakfast place, or the city garage and you'll see what I'm blabbing about. If you don't see them there, try their house. They probably haven't even shown up for line up yet.
How did this all start you ask? Well one or two officers years ago were allowed to get away with the above. Each officer (when promoted) probably let two Officers each to get away with it, and so on and so forth. Now it's multiplied to entire shifts. Do the math. Sooner or later we'll have nothing but slacking, over eating slobs that only work six hours and get paid for ten before you retire.

01-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Most Charlie people do more work in two hours than Alpha does all night. 90% of all calls Alpha could respond to are between the hours of 2200 and 0100... and oh by they way, Alpha is 10-06 "training" for half of that.

01-07-2009, 06:00 AM
YOU GUYS ARE ALL A BUNCH OF WINNING BIT**ES!!!!!! I've been around long enough to see how each shift works and what they get away with call it tricks of the trade if you will. Point being each squad gets away with what they do because our administration doesn't have the ba*ls to stop it. Now its been taken to a level that is out of control Bravo shift is 10-42 by 430 even those that live out of the city, Charlie shift is shooting the shit 10-6 by 2300 and Alpha shift starts holding paper calls around 0600..... As someone who lives in the city let me say I feel real safe... NOT! Hate to say it but be careful what you wish for because you all know when a certain Capt. is up your a*s making sure your on the road or in the city until your REAL 10-7 time your gonna all be pissed and start talking crap again... Trust me I'm no fan, but sometimes there's motive behind his madness. I'm just glad I'm out of that place and the sh*t doesn't roll down onto me anymore.....

01-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Word is that an A-Shift officer has made a public records request to rat out fellow officers who came in late to a couple of shifts. Real nice.

01-08-2009, 01:08 AM
YOU GUYS ARE ALL A BUNCH OF WINNING BIT**ES!!!!!! I've been around long enough to see how each shift works and what they get away with call it tricks of the trade if you will. Point being each squad gets away with what they do because our administration doesn't have the ba*ls to stop it. Now its been taken to a level that is out of control Bravo shift is 10-42 by 430 even those that live out of the city, Charlie shift is shooting the shizzat 10-6 by 2300 and Alpha shift starts holding paper calls around 0600..... As someone who lives in the city let me say I feel real safe... NOT! Hate to say it but be careful what you wish for because you all know when a certain Capt. is up your a*s making sure your on the road or in the city until your REAL 10-7 time your gonna all be pissed and start talking crap again... Trust me I'm no fan, but sometimes there's motive behind his madness. I'm just glad I'm out of that place and the sh*t doesn't roll down onto me anymore.....

If that happens to be true, you are a disgrace to your profession. As a concerned citizen of Pines, I can't believe, don't want to believe that privileged individuals as you (you get a good salary, pension, perks with your job) can't even show up on time for your shift and refuse to take calls because of the paperwork it may create. The average people are hurting in that economy, manage to pay more taxes, give up services to pay your salaries, and you can't even trust the police to be there when in need. How disgraceful! Mr Dodge, Commissioners, please look into this.

01-08-2009, 02:57 PM
You really shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet... especially if it's posted by former employees or employees who vent their anger on an anonymous message board. Public records request? Riiiiight... because it's documented somewhere when people are late to work.

01-08-2009, 04:21 PM
YOU GUYS ARE ALL A BUNCH OF WINNING BIT**ES!!!!!! I've been around long enough to see how each shift works and what they get away with call it tricks of the trade if you will. Point being each squad gets away with what they do because our administration doesn't have the ba*ls to stop it. Now its been taken to a level that is out of control Bravo shift is 10-42 by 430 even those that live out of the city, Charlie shift is shooting the shizzat 10-6 by 2300 and Alpha shift starts holding paper calls around 0600..... As someone who lives in the city let me say I feel real safe... NOT! Hate to say it but be careful what you wish for because you all know when a certain Capt. is up your a*s making sure your on the road or in the city until your REAL 10-7 time your gonna all be pissed and start talking crap again... Trust me I'm no fan, but sometimes there's motive behind his madness. I'm just glad I'm out of that place and the sh*t doesn't roll down onto me anymore.....

If that happens to be true, you are a disgrace to your profession. As a concerned citizen of Pines, I can't believe, don't want to believe that privileged individuals as you (you get a good salary, pension, perks with your job) can't even show up on time for your shift and refuse to take calls because of the paperwork it may create. The average people are hurting in that economy, manage to pay more taxes, give up services to pay your salaries, and you can't even trust the police to be there when in need. How disgraceful! Mr Dodge, Commissioners, please look into this.

If you consider going to the same people's houses for the same things, dealing with b.s. complaints that go on our records, or dealing with s-c-u-m bags from Broward and Dade county "privleged", you are sorely mistaken. You have to ask yourself a few questions.
"Would it bother me to go to a suicide call where some guy just splattered his brains all over the walls with a .45?"
"Would it bother me to know that I have just arrested someone I know is nothing but a low life piece of trash who preys on the citizens that pay me my good salary, and the courts are only gonna set him free?"
"Would I be able to control my actions with someone who accuses me of being a racist when I only stopped him/her to warn them of their headlight being out?"
Or
"How would I react when responding to an accident scene where a child is killed or seriously injured because a drunk driver just smashed his/her car into them?"

You accuse us of having a "good salary", but I can attest to the fact, there's not enough money in the world to deal with the above. Believe me when I say this. There is much much more that we deal with than you will ever hear of. Your statements are one of the most overly used or abused we hear almost on a daily basis.

The complaints on this forum are only directed at a select few. By no means were my comments (not the one you quoted) intentionally directed towards an entire shift. My aim was to get the rest of the Officers from each shift (days, afternoons, and overnight) who actually do work to put a fire under their arses. Personally, I think one person doing this is way too many. But now that it's several I vented.

You can rest easy now Mr/Mrs "Concerned citizen". Make all the calls you want about the neighbor's dogs, the guy that cut you off in traffic, or the son/daughter who refuses to go to school. We're still gonna show up. Just make sure you don't say something to our dispatcher just to get us there quicker like "there have been recent burglaries in the area". We all see what happens and where for every shift.

01-09-2009, 02:04 AM

If you consider going to the same people's houses for the same things, dealing with b.s. complaints that go on our records, or dealing with s-c-u-m bags from Broward and Dade county "privleged", you are sorely mistaken. You have to ask yourself a few questions.
"Would it bother me to go to a suicide call where some guy just splattered his brains all over the walls with a .45?"
"Would it bother me to know that I have just arrested someone I know is nothing but a low life piece of trash who preys on the citizens that pay me my good salary, and the courts are only gonna set him free?"
"Would I be able to control my actions with someone who accuses me of being a racist when I only stopped him/her to warn them of their headlight being out?"
Or
"How would I react when responding to an accident scene where a child is killed or seriously injured because a drunk driver just smashed his/her car into them?"

You accuse us of having a "good salary", but I can attest to the fact, there's not enough money in the world to deal with the above. Believe me when I say this. There is much much more that we deal with than you will ever hear of. Your statements are one of the most overly used or abused we hear almost on a daily basis.

The complaints on this forum are only directed at a select few. By no means were my comments (not the one you quoted) intentionally directed towards an entire shift. My aim was to get the rest of the Officers from each shift (days, afternoons, and overnight) who actually do work to put a fire under their arses. Personally, I think one person doing this is way too many. But now that it's several I vented.

You can rest easy now Mr/Mrs "Concerned citizen". Make all the calls you want about the neighbor's dogs, the guy that cut you off in traffic, or the son/daughter who refuses to go to school. We're still gonna show up. Just make sure you don't say something to our dispatcher just to get us there quicker like "there have been recent burglaries in the area". We all see what happens and where for every shift.

WOW, You are pretty bitter about your job, if you don't like it why don't you change (Oh, I forgot it may impact your pension). All those perks, I imagine, are hard to pass up. Yes, we know that you are dealing with the scum of the earth; but you chose to go into law enforcement. Did you think you were going to deal with choir boys. Also, if you are so frustrated with the "few", why did you choose to write about it in a public forum instead of talking to them or their superiors? As a concerned citizen, I would like to see the slackers punished. After all I am still paying your salary; even though you may think I am not worth your time.

01-09-2009, 02:46 PM
I may be bitter at certain issues we have, but I do and always will love my job. As for the "perc's" that you keep referring to, can you please explain. How do cops have more percs than any other profession. I'm sure the Comcast employees have the best cable set up you can imagine. And I'm sure that the Fp&l guys have all the power they need when a hurricane hits. These are people you also pay your hard earned money. You will also find them speeding, congregating, running red lights, and yes coming in late. Why do you feel the need to complain about the police. Are you just anti-cop regardless if it puts us in a good or bad light? How would you like it if you called in to report a crime to the police dept. and the response you got was "we'll be there between the hours of 9am to 1pm"?
I bet you're a sports fan also. Probably have gone to a couple of games a year. Why? That hard earned money of yours goes to overly paid (so-called) athletes. Why don't you direct your attention on something like this. A large percentage of these guys lack any language skills, and are complete idiots that want more money which means higher ticket prices.
I posted what I did because verbal complaints have yet to work, and they are pushed aside as nothing more than banter from a disgruntled employee. There is no need to get angry with me. I also pay taxes within this city. I pay my own salary along with everyone else's within this agency. I am probably just as angy, if not more than you are by the way our tax dollars are spent on inferior products.

01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
WOW, You are pretty bitter about your job, if you don't like it why don't you change (Oh, I forgot it may impact your pension). All those perks, I imagine, are hard to pass up. Yes, we know that you are dealing with the scum of the earth; but you chose to go into law enforcement. Did you think you were going to deal with choir boys. Also, if you are so frustrated with the "few", why did you choose to write about it in a public forum instead of talking to them or their superiors? As a concerned citizen, I would like to see the slackers punished. After all I am still paying your salary; even though you may think I am not worth your time.

As a member of the police department and a "multiple" property owner (That means that I pay more taxes than you do in Pembroke Pines)
I say that I pay my own salary. So Shut the F&%#$ up and get off our site.