PDA

View Full Version : Marc Wilbur

12-26-2008, 03:20 AM
Marc Wilbur with Avon Park PD passed away this morning while on duty. My prayers go out to his son and family. He will truly be missed.

12-26-2008, 03:50 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to those closest to Marc, and especially to his son. What a way for a child to remember Christmas for the rest of his life...This is truely a sad day. Marc was a good father, and a cop's cop...He'll leave behind a huge void for the PD to fill, and will surely be missed. :cry: :cry:

12-26-2008, 05:15 AM
Marc, rest in peace.

12-26-2008, 12:48 PM
May God watch over and comfort Marc's family. :(

12-26-2008, 06:41 PM
We will miss Marc greatly. May God bless his son and family. Marc, you will always be loved and respected. Rest in peace my friend, you will never be forgotten.

12-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Marc you were my best friend, my brother, and my mentor. I will miss you everyday and will always think of you. You taught me so much about this job and I will never forget all the great times we had on and off the job. We will look after Adam and he will be taken care of. The Avon Park Police Department has lost someone that can't be replaced. Rest easy my brother for we have the watch.

12-27-2008, 12:35 AM
I met Mark a few times via training. I had a new dog and we trained a bit and he helped me out with some good advice. He was willing to help go that extra step even tho he had given up his dog. I will miss not being able to train with him anymore.

K

12-27-2008, 02:28 AM
Sgt. Marc Wilbur was a true friend, brother and a “COP” directly from his heart. Your friends and family will miss you dearly. All of your close friends will make sure your family and son are taken care of. You are an inspiration to many and a true friend. You have a legacy that will never be forgotten. You have passed many skills and knowledge on to your brothers and sisters in law enforcement. Marc had a personality like no other. Marc could make you smile and bring laughter to you in the most difficult of times. He was always there when someone needed him. Marc passed doing exactly what God placed him on our planet to do, Protect and Serve! Marc, rest in peace and always remember you will NEVER be forgotten. You’ve taught me and others well. We love and miss you!

12-27-2008, 03:41 AM
Marc had to leave us all in a hurry, for God needs him somewhere else. You see, great men are in great demand these days, and he was needed to perform another important task in his law enforcement career. Now, instead of watching over the City of Avon Park, he has been tasked to watch over his loved ones and brother/sister LEO from all evil. I thank God for giving me the opportunity to meet Marc. In the short eight years that I new Marc, we went through a lot together. We share laughs and tears, among many other things. Marc, thanks for allowing me to be part of your family, for I am truly grateful. You will always be 10-8 in my heart and mind. Hope to see you soon, My Brother…

Mike Grieco

12-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Marc I can remember the first time I met you, Jeff and Mark D. many years ago when I worked at A.P. I sit here with tears in my eyes, but a smile on my face thinking back and remembering. We had some great times together and nobody can ever take them away. I pray for your family and know that you will be walking your beat in heaven and will be a guardian angel to all of us who will continue the fight in your honor. You were not only a great friend and cop, you were a great person. God Speed Brother.........until we meet again.

12-30-2008, 10:20 PM
RIP Brother. You were a great man and LEO. You will be missed be all.

01-01-2009, 12:26 AM
I know this is not needed, but, I will thank all of you anyway. Especially all of you that wear the Highlands County Uniform. I thank you for helping the Avon Park Police Department in our time of need. All of us loved Marc and all of us will miss him and mourn in our own way. Marc loved this profession and I it loved him. Like many have said he was born to be a cop. After seeing the support and respect that was showered on Marc, his family, and his PD I am reminded as to why I love this profession. You are all my brothers and sisters and if any one of you are ever in a time of need I hope I can be there for you as many of you were there for me and my fellow Avon Park Police Officers. To Hardee County Sheriffs Office and Wauchula Police Department thank you for watching over our city while we were grieving and paying our last respects. Today could not have been as succesful as it was without your support. We all honored Marc and I know he was looking down on us today with that big smile of his saying, "Thanks boys, I got your back."

Thank you,

Detective Jake Bratten
Avon Park Police Department