PDA

View Full Version : Nice work on Caylee Anthony

12-19-2008, 02:12 AM
Way to go on following up on the tip on the remains back in August. Great police work there. Can't wait for the Deputies to be called to the stand.

"Did you check the area Deputy?

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because it was hot and the woods were all icky and nasty and dirty"

Once again, great job

12-20-2008, 12:53 AM
I guess every department has their share of lazy cops. Embarrassment to everyone in the profession. I hope the rest of the hard working investigators and deputies can put together a strong case to put that scumbag on death row.

12-20-2008, 12:57 PM
That is thick wetland brush with an 8' fence around it, and it was flooded until recently. I don't blame the deputy for not finding anything.

12-22-2008, 01:12 AM
It obviously wasn't flooded in August when the tip came in and the civilian found it. It also wasn't flooded during the next two consecutive calls.

I can understand not finding it when the caller left the scene, but a little initative like getting the caller to return to the scene and saying "show me" is all it would have took. That didn't happen.

This was a major screw up. It gives the defense more BS to try and confuse a jury. Instead of saying the deputy didn't do anything wrong, admit the mistake and work the scene to show the bag had been there the whole time and the Deputy screwed up.

12-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Parts of Orange County got almost 19" of rain in August, on top of the 8' that fell in July. Im going to bet it was flooded.

DevilDogg
12-27-2008, 05:48 PM
To all the non cop guests, if you can do a better job in this noble profession, by all means apply. If you can't hack it, then STFU.

Great job by OCSO! I hope she burns in hell!

12-29-2008, 01:53 AM
Has Orange County Sheriff's Office ever heard of an airboat, I think State Wildlife has a couple. Oh yes we would want to get dirty over a MURDER case. What do you guys have to buy your own uniforms and do not get reimbursed for the cleaning. You guys are just lazy ass deputies and each one of you that went out there and didn't get out of your vehicles to search because "I might get wettttttt" should be fired. A Sheriff that lets you get a way with that should fired also.

12-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Hey dumb.. Go ahead and try to drive an airboat through a forest. Flooded or not its still a forest.

This post modified by MOD 496 for violating the terms of use.

12-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Hey dumbsh1t.. Go ahead and try to drive an airboat through a forest. Flooded or not its still a ****ing forest.

Do you kiss your mom with that mouth?

The fact remains it WASN"T flooded when the civilian found the bag the first time. At that time there may have been enough evidence to determine a cause of death. The Deputy who took the call the FIRST time messed up. The Detective who took the call the second time messed up. There is no excuse. Quit trying to defend the indefensible, it makes you all look worse.

01-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Funny how during a high profile case like this, suddenly EVERYBODY becomes an expert; EVERYBODY thinks they could have done a better job than law enforcement: EVERYBODY becomes an expert on what should have/could have been done; and EVERYBODY else would have done a better job. I find it hard to believe that any bag this guy saw was the same bag the child was in. Wasn't she found back in the woods, not in view of the road? I was under the impression the bag he saw was within view of the road. I don't know, unlike most everyone else who knows nothing about this case, I don't pretend to. I was also under the impression that lots of people, including people not affiliated with the sheriff's office, searched the area and found nothing. But despite all that, EVERYBODY still thinks that they could have done what no one else did. And I'm not faulting the guy that found the remains, but I would think that if he truly felt he had possibly found the body, maybe he would have actually looked inside the bag, or waited at the scene to show the officer exactly where he found it. I can't see calling in about it more than once and leaving it laying there if you really felt a child was in there. It just kills me how something like this brings all the passive-aggressive, Monday-morning quarterbacking, hindsight experts out of the woodwork to critique every thing law enforcement has done.

01-15-2009, 07:41 PM
To all the non cop guests, if you can do a better job in this noble profession, by all means apply. If you can't hack it, then STFU.

Great job by OCSO! I hope she burns in hell!

We can do a better job, obviously than you swollen, lazy OCSO personnel...a civilian found her.

Get a real job that you're good at.. This post modified by MOD 496.

01-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Has Orange County Sheriff's Office ever heard of an airboat, I think State Wildlife has a couple. Oh yes we would want to get dirty over a MURDER case. What do you guys have to buy your own uniforms and do not get reimbursed for the cleaning. You guys are just lazy ass deputies and each one of you that went out there and didn't get out of your vehicles to search because "I might get wettttttt" should be fired. A Sheriff that lets you get a way with that should fired also.

Yeah, we actually have a few airboats. The problem is your talking about a wooded area, that was already searched by k-9, the complainant can't tell you exactly where you are looking, and you have already gotten 12,000+ similar tips that lead absolutely no where. But don't let facts get in your way of trying to trash the po-lice.

01-25-2009, 01:38 AM
Hey dumbsh1t.. Go ahead and try to drive an airboat through a forest. Flooded or not its still a ****ing forest.

Do you kiss your mom with that mouth?

The fact remains it WASN"T flooded when the civilian found the bag the first time. At that time there may have been enough evidence to determine a cause of death. The Deputy who took the call the FIRST time messed up. The Detective who took the call the second time messed up. There is no excuse. Quit trying to defend the indefensible, it makes you all look worse.

On the first call the complainant didn't want to meet with deputy. So, he was supposed to go out and begin searching a 300' section of woods to find a suspicious bag? If it was so suspicious why wouldn't the complainant meet with the deputy? The detective cleared the call after seeing that the complainant, again, did not want to meet with deputies, and that the area had been searched by k-9. I think having such strong opinions on a situation where you lack most of the facts makes you look pretty bad as well.

01-29-2009, 05:46 AM
Not for anything, but didn't this complainant say he was taking a pee the second time when in fact just wanted to again find the suspicious bag and report it. I don't for a second think this guy did anything wrong, but I question why he lied about peeing. For those who are not law enforcement, we cops make mistakes from time to time. There was the mistake I made years ago by arresting an abusive husband who was resisting while the complainant/wife swung at me with a frying pan. There was the mistake an officer made trying to save a life when some moron not paying attention ran a red light, t-boned the deputy's car. There was the mistake where the deputy was in foot pursuit of a felon who then shot him in the head and turned him into a vegetable. All these mistakes while trying to protect and serve you, the tv trained csi super citizen who can criticize on an anonymous website while my brothers, sisters and I swear an oath to protect you and do the job everyday. You could do many things to show your gratitude, but a thank you will suffice.

your welcome!

02-02-2009, 05:48 PM
You know, unless you have been in an LEO's shoes & done the work, you can't for sure tear their work or them apart. It isn't like being in construction, being in an office, driving a truck, stocking shelves, etc. Common sense prevails over anything else. I know, I have been there & done that . I also worked years ago with one of the detectives who use to live 1.5 hrs southwest of Orlando & he is good.
Be honest with yourselves before you start tearing a job apart that people do. You weren't there with them. Didn't particpate in anything but an arm chair "quarterback".
Just my opinion