PDA

View Full Version : FOP

12-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Well for those of you who have been paying attention the leadership of the FOP is about to take a turn. Which way who knows. Ken Afienko will undoubtedly be leaving, which is bad for us. Say what you want about him. I will say that he is a fighter and an advocate. Who knows who they will replace him with, but in my opinion it will not be good. You should all be talking to John and Cheese or whoever the reps are these days and may want to look into changing things up. Just my opinion. Ken THANK YOU for you did and will continue to do.

12-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Very true, the attorney and legal rep. is really the only reason to have FOP. Contracts are a joke, Florida is a right to work state and our city knows that. We could come to the table with many ideas, including pay......... they can in turn tell us to pound sand.

12-18-2008, 06:08 PM
I know I don't get a chance to see, let alone work with many of my friends and FOP members at the agency, but I wanted to take this opportunity to say that whatever the future holds for me, you can call me anytime with concerns. It's been comforting to me that many PPPD members have shown their support for me as their attorney and I truly appreciate it. I do have a contract in place with the FOP for the next two years and I hope to be part of the FOP beyond that. I truly enjoy doing what I do, especially at PPPD where so many of you have become more than just clients. Again, whatever the future holds, remember you can count of me if you ever need anything. Thank you very much for your support. Ken

12-30-2008, 01:45 AM
Thanks for just sitting at the back of the meetings and never speaking up front. Thanks for trashing an officer in traffic court while you defended some dirtbag. Thanks for quickly signing a new contract when you knew the old guard was going bye bye. Thanks for nothing. The FOP needs an attorney, not a part time PPPD traffic cop.

12-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks for just sitting at the back of the meetings and never speaking up front. Thanks for trashing an officer in traffic court while you defended some dirtbag. Thanks for quickly signing a new contract when you knew the old guard was going bye bye. Thanks for nothing. The FOP needs an attorney, not a part time PPPD traffic cop.

Hmmm.... You sound pleasant.... Such a encouraging soul you must be.

Let me get this straight, you would rather have an attorney who wasn't a cop. So, it is a detraction in a resume for an attorney for them to currently be a part time officer who knows exactly what it is like to go through the trouble you are currently facing. Hmmm.... I don't see your logic. Oh wait, I bet if he was a part time deputy, we wouldn't be having this discussion. I mean, because having the word deputy in front of your name means your job is so much different than the ones who just have officer.

Perhaps the bitter deputy who doesn't like the contract he received should move to a state with binding arbitration or perhaps work for an agency in a county that is cutting jobs in every section. Then again, maybe the Sheriff just doesn't like you. Then again, it could be because of a decrease in property taxes, amendment one, and the fact that you are having to lay deputies off as to why you didn't get all the goodies you asked for in your contract. I mean deputies shouldn't have to suffer low pay increases like the rest of the agencies in the state.

Just a thought.

01-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Obviously deputies are way better cops than we are. They are entrusted with the power of carrying their side arms in court. I guess the rest of us just don't cut it.

Am I the only one that is disgusted by this? This is a slap in the face to every other agency in Pinellas County. Especially considering that some of us incompetent city cops trained these deputies on how to carry and qualify with their weapons.