PDA

View Full Version : Changing Rides

Carl Shawver
12-14-2008, 07:59 PM
OK, friends, I'm getting off of the bus and changing rides.

Those of you who choose to do so can continue to exchange barbs with the thin skinned Board Of Directors (BOD) member who resents any commentary on the Boards' actions, and who lashes out with insults and invective against anyone who suggests alternative actions by the Board. It's not worth my time or attention.

What many of you don't know, but may find interesting, is that on the Former Agent's Message Board (where no posts are anonymous) I have NEVER made a post critical of an action of the BOD. I have made suggestions for change or improvement, but have never said that what the BOD did was wrong. Never! All of the old (and deleted) messages are probably archived somewhere. Ask for access and do the research. You won't find any. Further, I've never made a posting that called the thin skinned member by name and criticized anything he has done officially as a BOD member.

What's really funny is that over here on leoaffairs.com, where anonymous postings are possible, it is also true that I've not posted criticisms of the BOD actions. That may change before I complete this message. We'll see. What has happened is that the thin skinned BOD member tries to discern who wrote which critical message so he can be selective about the insults he makes. For example, he thinks that posts which include smilies are originated by me. There is a certain writing style that he thinks is mine. What he doesn't know is that there are others who also use smilies and have similar styles. When he makes posts assuming those messages are authored by me, I don't bother to respond with a denial. He's just trying to identify the author and it isn't my job to help him. :P I just grin and move on.

I think it is sad and unfortunate that an elected decision maker for the Former Agent's Association seems to be incapable of accepting constructive criticism or suggestions for improvement. He apparently perceives them to be personal attacks and feels it is necessary not only to justify the action under discussion but also feels it is necessary to utterly demolish the "opposition." This isn't done through discussion of the issues, but rather through insults, attacks, use of non-relevant personal circumstances for intimidation purposes and the enlistment of other members to post messages in support of his actions. What's really sad is that he undoubtedly feels he is justified in following this course. He isn't... Sadder still is that other members, to include his fellow BOD members, unthinkingly support his bullying approach. This is true not only by their failure to rein in his personal attacks on the Former Agent's Board but also by their criticism of me for postings on that board that did not violate the posting rules.

But --- moving on............... I will be making some general interest postings on the leoaffairs.com board similar to those I have made in the past on the Former Agent's board. Just things that might generate some commentary and foster our sense of community. The thin-skinned BOD member might do as he did on the Former Agent's board and follow my conversation starter posts with posts ridiculing the subject, but if so, I invite you to simply ignore the attempted distraction and comment on the subject.

Please note that this is a public message board and posters may or may not be Former Agents or employees of the Secret Service. That's how leoaffairs.com works and I have no problem with it. People without a nexus to the Secret Service are free to participate. I simply ask that those of us who did serve in the Service remember that there are some things that should remain "Secret" on a public board.

I also suggest that those of us who are former agents register with leoaffairs using your real names so that we can readily identify each other and further establish our connections with each other. Registration, even with a "screen name" also will facilitate exchange of Private Messages using the leoaffairs.com board.

Welcome.

:D

12-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Sorry, I just don't have any interest in changing rides. Seems as though you find yourself changing rides and topics quite often. I could not help but notice in the 3rd paragraph of your posting you use the word "NEVER" four (4) times. Are you that concerned that your audience might think otherwise? You even go to the point of suggesting that your audience could
request access to research archived postings. Wow...are you really serious???

Not long ago, when your feathers were ruffled on the Oldstar you decided then to get on
the bus leaving your last post behind. BTW, I don't believe anyone ever followed up with a reply.
It was obvious that your departure was fueled by the fact that you were requested by a BOD member to remove one of your postings and if you didn't it would be. To avoid any misunderstanding by your audience it was not the BOD member that took exception to your posting it was in fact FAA members. So...get over it and move on with your next topic. Whatever comfort this offers....your audience could care less if you had or "NEVER" made a posting being critical of any action by the BOD.

I read these postings on this forum and just shake my head with the realization that this is truly a waste of time....no more. I have my ride....ADIOS__!!!!! ROY

12-15-2008, 04:40 PM
[quote="ROY"]Sorry, I just don't have any interest in changing rides. Seems as though you find yourself changing rides and topics quite often. I could not help but notice in the 3rd paragraph of your posting you use the word "NEVER" four (4) times. Are you that concerned that your audience might think otherwise? You even go to the point of suggesting that your audience could
request access to research archived postings. Wow...are you really serious???

Not long ago, when your feathers were ruffled on the Oldstar you decided then to get on
the bus leaving your last post behind. BTW, I don't believe anyone ever followed up with a reply.
It was obvious that your departure was fueled by the fact that you were requested by a BOD member to remove one of your postings and if you didn't it would be. To avoid any misunderstanding by your audience it was not the BOD member that took exception to your posting it was in fact FAA members. So...get over it and move on with your next topic. Whatever comfort this offers....your audience could care less if you had or "NEVER" made a posting being critical of any action by the BOD.

I read these postings on this forum and just shake my head with the realization that this is truly a waste of time....no more. I have my ride....ADIOS__!!!!! ROY[/quote

Roy so sorry you wasted your time and the time of many other posters on this forum. To clarify the request by the President of FAA for Shawver to remove one of his postings which contained a picture of a Confederate flag on Oldstar on a thread related to the Civil War. As one member pointed out slavery exisited for over 80 years under "Old Glory" and no one complained about a picture of that flag. Number 2 twelve of the founding fathers of this country owned slaves including eight presidents. Shawver's posting had nothing to do with slavery or attempting to offend anyone it merely related to the thread regarding the Civil War. One member even complained about a picture of the NEW Courthouse at Appomattox Court House, Va. in a thread for members to attempt to identify what the picture portrayed and where it was located. It had nothing whatever to do with the Civil War or slavery in any way. The BOD of FAA for some reason wants to change the history of this country. The Civil War was not the most shining example in this country's history but it is a part of this country's history and denying it will not change it. If as you claim Shawver's posting was removed due to FAA members complaining since no one complained openly on Oldstar how would you know that members complained privately unless you are a BOD member? So sorry to see you and your horse leave.

12-15-2008, 09:57 PM
PLOP

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg60/dlfswi/manure.gif