PDA

View Full Version : JP...OFFICER OF THE YEAR

12-13-2008, 02:46 AM
Let's have a show of hands! Who's the man?

10-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Note the original date of the first post-

Now we have CAPTAIN of the year!!!!!

Over what, exactly?

10-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Operations! We have been running without a captain of operations for far to long, this is really going to fix our problems.

Give me a break, political favor.

10-13-2009, 02:22 AM
Hey...he's the man of the year! No one can walk around with a coffee cup like he can. If anyone can be over "operations" he's the one. He has worked hard to rise through the ranks one step at a time and and will make the Sheriff proud. Maybe we should all learn to use the "F" word more.

10-13-2009, 04:52 AM
Nice pay back for lying in the campaigne... and on the radio no less!!!

10-14-2009, 12:47 AM
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME ?!?! How many captains are we up to by the way? And how is it exactly that he jumps sergeant (without testing) , and Lieutenant. If I was a sergeant or LT I would be disgusted. Meanwhile the Sheriff's Office has to go without the (bargaining agreed upon need I remind you) step plan raises while this guy jumps like two or three pay gradesand basically takes money from everyone elses pockets. Well isn't that fine kick in the nuts for all of our loyalty. :evil:

10-14-2009, 01:40 AM
Testing-how about failing the sgts test. Anybody contacted the PBA, where are all of the flyers? Can we get some mailed to all the population? Or is he in bed with them too. Where is our rep? I thought we were protected from this kind of slap in the face. His personnel record is public record, let's take a look. Hey Preston, check it out! Is this why the kids are above the law? hmmmmm

10-14-2009, 02:02 AM
Guys everyone needs to remember that the rank of Lt. and above is considered Administrative and are appointed by the Sheriff. For that matter the Sheriff is allowed to promote who ever she wishes to fill a position. The promotional policy is for Sgt.'s it does not have anything to do with Administrative Ranks. The current PBA contract which is under re-negotiation falls in line with the current policy.

10-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Oh yeah ? then what happened to the step plan and all of the people getting screwed out of their raises? was that not in the bargaining agreement too ? Yet those things can get thrown out as they please. We make the rules up as we go along though don't we. Where does the money come from to pay for that promotiopn that she is allowed to appoint. Somehow I have to believe they could not find a grant to cover that. I'll betcha the extra cash could have went to the raises. Yet the insureance is going way up is it not ? I cry FOUL.

10-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Oh, now the steps are back. I think they saw the reaction they would get if not. Congratulations everyone, we are the circus and laughing stock of south central Florida.

What a mess.

Better get your alliances set, cause it looks like there will be more to leave the island. This crap has got to be a prelude to something, and I am scared to think of what that is............

10-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Capt. Fane? you've got to be kidding me!!! He sure is kidding someone (SB). Are we talking the same JP, who by HCSO policy doesn't even meet the criteria to hold the rank of SGT? Who didn't or couldn't even pass the SGT test? Who only supervises two civilian employees and yet has been promoted to the rank of a Bureau Commander? (Not to mention that three out of five of the other Captains don't deserve the rank either, but thats another post). The same individual who has never worked much more than traffic? Lets see..... has he ever prepared a search warrant? attended an autopsy, worked a complicated white collar crime investigation to its end and presented it before a jury? Has he worked a post in the jail on the midnight shift paying his dues? Does he have a Masters Degree as most of the command staff? I may be wrong but to my knowledge he hasn't done any of the above. He has however voiced his opinion over WWOJ as to whom he was going to vote for. That may count for more than the experience in the long run, at least with this administration. Godwin wasn't as nearly as top heavy as this one and the click or "good ole boy system" didn't hold a candle to SB's administration and favoritism. Nuff said!!!!!!!!!! Carry on Captain!! Don't trip over your ego. :)

10-14-2009, 10:24 PM
JP, your first to run your mouth on this site sticking up for the SO and what is right. Explain to all of us just how your justified in getting promoted to Captain from D/S.