PDA

View Full Version : U Bet I'm MADD

12-05-2008, 08:26 PM
https://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/do/docket?county=33&data=1ff9b40a665fc6d1f7aa562fae3b132d

This is straight from the FHP DUI Investigation.

"The driver W/M was being removed from the vehicle. He was bleeding from a cut above his left eye. I saw several cuts on his legs and he was complaining of his back hurting. An opened 1.75 liter bottle of Ancient Age whiskey was found inside the vehicle on the back seat. There was about a quarter of the whiskey missing from the bottle. There was a smell of alcohol inside the vehicle. As the driver was telling EMS that he was Ok, the smell of alcohol became stronger. The drivers wallet was found inside the vehicle. I identified him as ADLiford. Liford was removed from the vehicle his eyes were bloodshot and watery. Liford was transported to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital by EMS. I made contact with Liford and advised him that I had finished my traffic crash investigation. I advised Liford that I was now conducting a criminal investigation for DUI. I read Liford his miranda warnings and Liford advised that he would speak to me. Liford explained that he was driving on US 90 from Monticello on this day to pick up his son from school. He was the only occupant of the vehicle. As he came around the curve he lost conrol of the vehicle and drove onto the sholder of US90. The vehicle then struck a tree and caused the vehicle to overturn. The vehicle landed upright and came to rest on the shoulder. Liford told me that he had been drinking and had bought the whiskey that was found inside the vehicle. Liford explained that he had only had a few drinks. I read implied consent to Liford and he agreed to have blood drawn. I witnessed a registered nurse withdraw blood from Liford. The blood alcohol content analysis from FDLE was .248 grams of alcolol per 100 milliters of blood."

I can't beleive that they would let him come back as a colonel when he would be willing to drive to pick up his son while he was over three times the legal limit. We as law enforcement see the damage done by drunk drivers every day and for one of our own to do this brings shame to us all. It is time we had a real Colonel in charge of this agency - not a drunk!

12-06-2008, 06:05 AM
I went to the link, but it opened the generic search page. I searched for his last name and pulled up his case and dates. Where do I go to see the narrative from FHP like you posted?

12-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Do a public record request

12-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Why not call the Governor's Office and request an explanation??
Get their FAX machine number and send them a copy of the public record that you've posted on here.
IF you want your department to insist upon a higher standard, then it's your duty, not only as an informed citizen but also as a member of the tarnished organization you are now employed in.
Insist on an answer / explanation by the powers that are ULTIMATELY in charge!

12-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Get in touch with MADD and turn a copy of the report over to them, explain the situation and they will have a field day with it. News conferences and all, asking "Why is this being allowed to happen?". Want to see the stuff hit the fan? That is how you do it. Get in touch with the State Attorneys General and ask the right person the right questions. Why is our own IG office not investigating? This is really not surpising though. There is an Offficer at Station 5 that I am not aware if his case is finished or not, charged with DUI, hit another vehicle, still working on a work permit last I heard. There was another one about 5 years back, beat the case and kept his job until retirement.

To get a copy of the report you just have to contact the Madison FHP station and find out what you have to do. Someone should fax it out to all stations, I know on 75 you can do a delay fax that will fax a day or two later at a certain time to all stations.

12-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Someone should fax it out to all stations, I know on 75 you can do a delay fax that will fax a day or two later at a certain time to all stations.

Just remember when you hit the send button you may very well be the subject of an IG investigation for using state equipment for non state business!

12-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Someone should fax it out to all stations, I know on 75 you can do a delay fax that will fax a day or two later at a certain time to all stations.

Just remember when you hit the send button you may very well be the subject of an IG investigation for using state equipment for non state business!

If done correctly and kept to one's self they will never know who did it for there to be an IG investigation. :P

Besides you would be faxing a document from a state agency (FHP) that contains Law Enforcement information out to Law Enforcement Stations (Ag). It would be no different than the HotSheets we already get from them. The only reason there would be an IG investigation is because people on high being scared of the truth getting out. We could use some training on writing DUI reports anyway, best way to learn is to read one. :P

There are faxes sent for retirement parties, that is using state equipment for non-state buisness, family death notices, and do not even get me started on state e-mail.

If you are scared say you scared, I am not. Information and knowledge is always the key.

:evil:

12-07-2008, 08:38 PM
The brass have been awfully quiet on this one

12-08-2008, 02:56 PM
The brass have been awfully quiet on this one

That is because loose lips sink ships, and they sure do not want to loose the cruise liner they have been riding. That would put them back in the jon boat with us.

12-10-2008, 12:22 AM
I think they know what is going on with the Colonel, they are not going to say anything about him. He is probably going to retire anyway and no one cares.

04-01-2009, 02:03 AM
You got justice friend, you have a boss who is protected by ADA as well as the politics. He is soaking up D.R.O.P. while you complain about it and brought on his best friend to watch his back.