PDA

View Full Version : SOG Team embarassing the agency

11-29-2008, 01:54 AM
Honestly, a special operations game warden team. What a freaking joke. And don't give me the excuse that they are so important on the water. I think there is an agency called the USCG that handles that. I'm honestly tired of having to listen to people from other agencies cracking jokes about the FWC SOG team b/c it reflects poorly on the FWC as a whole. Could SOG at least start being a little more selective on the gomers that they put on the team. Perhaps that might help a bit.

11-29-2008, 02:02 AM
I'm on the SOG team and honestly agree with you. It has become a running joke among other agencies and respone teams. Our "missions" are quite embarassing. Having been on some "special op teams" prior to SOG it has kind of been a nightmare. I want to give my input b/c some of the people we have running the sog teams have no business being there but I almost think it is hopeless. I honestly am a bit embarassed myself sometimes with some of the things we are doing.

11-29-2008, 05:24 AM
Officers that were former Special Forces, SEALs, and Rangers have all walked away from SOG. Why? Look at some of its leaders. A wrinkled mess from Okeechobee. A liar that used to wear captains bars in Lakeland. A sawed off Opie Taylor wannabee down there too. A bully in Tallahasse someone actually made a captain. What do they all have in common? No military experience and they're all from the GFC.

11-30-2008, 01:52 AM
WTF does a SOG team do?????. I mean, your mullet marshals, grouper troopers, bambi barons you know

11-30-2008, 05:00 AM
WTF does a SOG team do?????. I mean, your mullet marshals, grouper troopers, bambi barons you know

Not much anymore. We have scaled back to doing nothing but hunting enforcement for the most part. Running around all night looking for that rare violator shining a light while being in possession of a gun. Then, we take them to jail unless they are wealthy landowners. We don't want to mess up our hunting rights on that guys property. All the while illegal immigrants and drugs are bombarding our shorelines and commercial fishermen are raping the resource. We call it doing our core mission. I just like getting paid for sitting on my butt and maybe catching a few zzzzzzzzz on duty. I get home in the early morning hours well rested and ready to go hunting on that property I was scouting all week.

12-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Just remember the good ole FMP days..................

12-01-2008, 01:35 AM
This entire agency, especially the SOG team has become the biggest joke in law enforcement. Many people think that people are leaving just b/c the money. That was not the case for me and a lot of other people that have bailed. truth is, the money is not going to get any better until the agency does. don't see that happening for a long time. especially with that Amazon woman you have running the show

12-01-2008, 01:40 PM
And, the cowboy hat(s) leave!

12-06-2008, 10:54 PM
And, the cowboy hat(s) leave!

How about you leave instead!

12-08-2008, 01:54 AM
Is someone upset, that another does not like the cowboy era hats! Get over it, the hats are a fad just like the person who picked them. They will be gone in a few years just like every other thing that is started....

12-09-2008, 03:52 AM
I am waiting for my BI to be completed, and I am hoping to be selected for a position in the FWC. I saw a youtube of the SOG and I was shocked to see they have one. I was interested in pursuing a position in the SOG if I was accepted, but from the postings here, it sounds like the FWC is a wreck!! Maybe I'll just look at a local agency. Is the morale that bad?