PDA

View Full Version : PT Test

11-26-2008, 11:20 PM
FYI. The PT tests will start being conducted for all sworn employees starting in march. It will be voluntary particiption but mandatory attendance. So if you want to show up and just sitt on your butt you can. However, there will be some incentives for participating and Tallahassee is suggesting that it will eventually become mandatory once things can be worked out with PBA contract. There will be some info coming out of tallahassee shortly with what the minimum standards are based on age. Apparently there will be no difference in the male and female standards

11-27-2008, 03:11 AM
My old agency had a PT test and since it was mandatory they offered on duty work out time. It would be cool if fdle does the same. The PT test is definitely a step in the right direction – it will give agents a reason to stay in shape.

11-27-2008, 03:04 PM
It's about time this agency entered the 21st century and started implementing a PT test. Maybe this will help get rid of some of those fat milkers we have working here

11-29-2008, 01:45 AM
You mean a law enforement agency would require people to maintain a certain level of fitness? Wow, I've never heard of that.

11-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Here is something to think about - picture in your mind, the worst law enforcement officer you know - The reality is even he or she is grossly underpaid. There is no such thing as a law enforcement profession until there is professional pay. No one is adequately compensated for their education, training or experience in this trade.

11-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Whoever posted this is not employeed at FDLE!! Your full of sh#$!

FYI. The PT tests will start being conducted for all sworn employees starting in march. It will be voluntary particiption but mandatory attendance. So if you want to show up and just sitt on your butt you can. However, there will be some incentives for participating and Tallahassee is suggesting that it will eventually become mandatory once things can be worked out with PBA contract. There will be some info coming out of tallahassee shortly with what the minimum standards are based on age. Apparently there will be no difference in the male and female standards

12-01-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm guessing the guy who posted the last response would probably struggle passing the new PT test that is coming

12-01-2008, 01:52 AM
The cool thing about the PT test is the fact that we are basically going to be getting paid to exercise the day its administered. Hopefully, they'll create an on duty work out policy in the future.

12-01-2008, 03:09 AM
We don't have money for on call! we don't have money for raises! So tell me where's this money coming from to pay for PT testing? I've spoken to Tally and there is not going to be a PT test now, or never. If you believe the rumors about PT you're an idiot!! The only place that anyone is talking about PT is on this web site!

I'm A Cop You Idiot!
12-01-2008, 04:01 AM
I would sure like to be there with a video camera when a few people take their PT test! :devil:

12-01-2008, 12:28 PM
I think you should have a defibrillator on hand as well...

12-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Guys, this guy is pulling your chain. It ain't gonna happen, don't worry about it. It's probably one of those Miami guys still trying to stir things up.

12-01-2008, 07:48 PM
I would sure like to be there with a video camera when a few people take their PT test! :devil:

why don't you go play with your inmate friends your favorite game of "oops, I dropped the soap AGAIN" :devil:

12-03-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm not worried about the run but I need to work on my pull-ups. As a female, I don't have the same upper body strength as most of my male co-workers. I did hear, however, that they are considering a 45 second dead hang in lieu of the pull-ups for the females.

12-04-2008, 02:32 AM
can someone post the standards for a 42 year old. i need to definitely start training as I was a bit caught off guard with this new initative.

12-04-2008, 03:10 AM
The run, sit-ups and push-ups will be the same standard as for new hires. I've heard a min. of 3 pull-ups is required. The swim will more than likely be a max effort thing.

12-04-2008, 03:48 AM
There was no requiremt I swim before I got hired. Can I take swim lessons on state time? I'm a slower learner, so it may take to or three classes. The state can't create an arbitrary standard and not be expected to provide training, right?

12-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Well! There is no standard because there is no test unless you're on SOT!
Signed:
WELL INFORMED!

12-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Actually, they got the standards from SOT. They'll probably have to make adjustments after the trial run.

12-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Dude,

I'm a tester. The test is the Cooper Battery: 1.5 mi. run/walk, max pushups, situps one/min. and vertical leap. Always has been, will be for quite a while. The tool who talked about pull ups is so out of it, since we use a construct base, rather than a criteria base as some local/Co. SOT units do. You can use one or the other, we use the most common, legally tested and accepted battery.

Oh, BTW, join the FDLEAA, and ask these questions on a secure website where the tools can't get access.

Stay safe.

Seajay

12-06-2008, 04:14 AM
After hearing all this crap about pull-ups and a swim, I decided to call Tallahassee to get the truth. Looks like I'll have to brush up on my pull-ups and swimming. It’s been confirmed folks.

12-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Funny stuff. I called as well - no one knew what I was talking about.

12-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Yea, some dumb ass keeps trying to aggravate the out of shape agents more likely they just like stirring shit!!

Funny stuff. I called as well - no one knew what I was talking about.

12-23-2008, 01:42 AM
I read this post and called a Tallahassee a week ago and spoke with someone in standards and training. He told me the PT test was only experimental for now. Apparently after the first trial run they will decide whether to modify/change it or to get rid of it all together. I've noticed people have gotten different answers on this but I guess it’s a matter of who you talk to. The first three people on the phone had no clue what I was talking about but I eventually got transferred to someone who could confirm it. It would seem, however, that this PT test would be the least of their worries during the budget crisis.

12-23-2008, 01:56 PM
I see the meat heads are at it again....those are the only people concerned with proving themselves in a pt test....get a life!

12-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Ken Tucker has already sent out a statement that this is BS! There is not, and never will be a PT test. The only way this will happen is 3 to 5 years from now if they get funding, you'll get bonus money or incentive pay to participate. With our budget in good times and bad times, this will never happen, because we’ll never get the funding!

I thought this stupid thread was dead but as long as some jerk wants to stir shit, I guess it will just go on, and on, and on, and on……

I read this post and called a Tallahassee a week ago and spoke with someone in standards and training. He told me the PT test was only experimental for now. Apparently after the first trial run they will decide whether to modify/change it or to get rid of it all together. I've noticed people have gotten different answers on this but I guess it’s a matter of who you talk to. The first three people on the phone had no clue what I was talking about but I eventually got transferred to someone who could confirm it. It would seem, however, that this PT test would be the least of their worries during the budget crisis.