PDA

View Full Version : FHP-DOT MERGER '09

11-25-2008, 05:52 PM
so i was up in good ol' tallahassee the other day, and it looks like the merger will take place in 2009 or as soon as youre guys upper staff decides to do so. fhp is on board...and from what I gathered, I can only see great things arising from the merger ( pay will go up, federal funding across the board, etc etc, not sure how the uniforms will work out)...so all of fhp and dot dinosaurs with negative attitudes towards this movement need to stop. Let us all join together, and form a better brotherhood, because its important to stick together, and let us not forget, this is what the florida sheriffs assc. does not want us to do. stay safe. keep youre heads up, and lets make a better state leo future.

11-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Most of us also believe it will happen. We believe our current Col is in office to help with the transition. So far he has not stuck up for our agency which makes me believe he is only here for the transition. I'm all for the merge and better pay, not to mention hireback...

11-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Most of us also believe it will happen. We believe our current Col is in office to help with the transition. So far he has not stuck up for our agency which makes me believe he is only here for the transition. I'm all for the merge and better pay, not to mention hireback...

In order for you to work hireback, you have to write tickets, work crashes and stay out after dark. Did you guys know there was more than one 3 o'clock each day?? If the merge goes through, you guys would all have to go through a background check and go through the cross-over training and the FTO programs. No off-duty till you are qualified.

ps Can yall pass the poly????

11-26-2008, 02:04 AM
Thats not how it works. There will be cross training for both sides but no backgrounds and polys. Grow up Jr, FHP is not an elite national security force.

11-26-2008, 12:02 PM
i work FHP and can say you must be crazy to think they will have to go through a poly and background. Also some of the guys at DOT are better qualified then some troopers I know!

11-26-2008, 12:53 PM
im with FHP and i totally agree with the last post, most of us here that are not dinosaurs and have commen sense, look forward to combinding the two agencies.

11-27-2008, 08:42 PM
so i was up in good ol' tallahassee the other day, and it looks like the merger will take place in 2009 or as soon as youre guys upper staff decides to do so. fhp is on board...and from what I gathered, I can only see great things arising from the merger ( pay will go up, federal funding across the board, etc etc, not sure how the uniforms will work out)...so all of fhp and dot dinosaurs with negative attitudes towards this movement need to stop. Let us all join together, and form a better brotherhood, because its important to stick together, and let us not forget, this is what the florida sheriffs assc. does not want us to do. stay safe. keep youre heads up, and lets make a better state leo future.
Does that mean that FHP won't work weekends anymore???? Or, does it mean that DOT WILL start working weekends then??

11-28-2008, 03:38 PM
DOT works weekends retard. If you are jealous apply.

11-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Hehe :snicker:
Good post sir! I think the poster bashing DOT is a stupid teenager trying to start sht ..again!

11-28-2008, 10:35 PM
im with FHP and i totally agree with the last post, most of us here that are not dinosaurs and have commen sense, look forward to combinding the two agencies.

I agree!! Merge 09 baby!

12-02-2008, 06:54 PM
anyone got a link to the new merge bill?

12-07-2008, 09:39 PM
i cant find anything...

12-07-2008, 10:25 PM
You can't find it because it only exsists in the minds of a few visitors to this website.

12-16-2008, 01:47 AM
On the FHP board I read an article from Orlando newspaper talking about the possible merge this year.

12-16-2008, 08:23 PM
On the FHP board I read an article from Orlando newspaper talking about the possible merge this year.
Or possible the next year or the next year or the next....Just believe things when they actually happen , like a pay raise for instance (LOL) , we know it's possible but will it really happen..LOL

12-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Or possible the next year or the next year or the next....Just believe things when they actually happen , like a pay raise for instance (LOL) , we know it's possible but will it really happen..LOL

Haha so true!

12-27-2008, 03:39 PM
You have to wonder if the legislature is willing to cough up all the cash required to bring DOT Officers up to the salary of the Troopers. They got a 5% raise last year and if I'm not mistaken, they already were making $2000 a more starting salary before that because former Colonel Kurt Hall gave some of them an internal agency raise back in the day. Any old-timers that are against the merge are nuts. You have to take whatever money you can pry from the legislatures firm grip here at the end of your career. You won't be doing any FHP duties. If so, you would have to be trained, and since we don't have any money, where will the money come from to provide it? Same with FHP Officers doing any DOT duties.

12-30-2008, 06:47 PM
You have to wonder if the legislature is willing to cough up all the cash required to bring DOT Officers up to the salary of the Troopers. They got a 5% raise last year and if I'm not mistaken, they already were making $2000 a more starting salary before that because former Colonel Kurt Hall gave some of them an internal agency raise back in the day. Any old-timers that are against the merge are nuts. You have to take whatever money you can pry from the legislatures firm grip here at the end of your career. You won't be doing any FHP duties. If so, you would have to be trained, and since we don't have any money, where will the money come from to provide it? Same with FHP Officers doing any DOT duties.

I agree 100%.

12-30-2008, 07:33 PM
I agree with the merge needing to happen. They will alieviate some monies with the dismissal of some brass to help a little with pay, my opinion. If DOT officer's don't make the same amount as a road Tpr there will be hard feelings amongst the troops (us versus them attitude), thus providing low activity. Low activity equals loosing the FDOT funding, Fair is fair. The shoe wouldn't fit if on the other foot.

12-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Just a reminder, half us came from other agencies and worked wrecks before. I'm sure if needed they would have us work short form wrecks. I don't see us working long form S-4's due to taking us off the road to much. I don't see us going up to Tallahassee to learn how to do wrecks. It is taught at LEO academy's. I believe this instruction can be conducted in house at the respected Troops. Just my 2 cents.

12-30-2008, 08:47 PM
I agree with the merge needing to happen. They will alieviate some monies with the dismissal of some brass to help a little with pay, my opinion. If DOT officer's don't make the same amount as a road Tpr there will be hard feelings amongst the troops (us versus them attitude), thus providing low activity. Low activity equals loosing the FDOT funding, Fair is fair. The shoe wouldn't fit if on the other foot.

They would match up the pay. There is no way they wouldn't. I hope to work with you guys soon! Be safe.

01-04-2009, 08:45 PM
If any of you Legistators are reading this, PLEASE MERGE US WITH FHP ASAP!!! We need the $$$$$$$$$$$ and a patrol car that looks like somebody that can write a ticket to have a visual effect on traffic violators. These idiots look at our cars and think we can't stop them because it doesn't say "POLICE" or something they can comprehend. STATE OFFICER just don't cut it and don't get me started on our uniforms that DO NOT IDENTIFY US AS LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!! I AM READY TO JUST PUKE ABOUT THE INACTION FROM HQ ON OUR UNIFORMS. FWC DID IT AND I'M NOT BUYING IT THAT THE LEGISLATURE WILL NOT LET US CHANGE IT. WACKENHUT badges say "officer" so that just don't cut it. SOMEBODY needs to grow a set of NUTS and tell these 'law makers' what we do.

WE DESERVE BETTER FROM HQ AND THE LEGISLATORS, WE ARE SICK OF EXCUSES, DO SOMETHING

01-04-2009, 08:49 PM
LEGISLATORS AND HQ BETTER DO SOMETHING THIS YEAR, WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF EXCUSES, WE MAKE THE STATE $$$$$, BUT WE CAN STOP MAKING THE STATE $$$$, TOO

01-07-2009, 12:35 AM
If any of you Legistators are reading this, PLEASE MERGE US WITH FHP ASAP!!! We need the $$$$$$$$$$$ and a patrol car that looks like somebody that can write a ticket to have a visual effect on traffic violators. These idiots look at our cars and think we can't stop them because it doesn't say "POLICE" or something they can comprehend. STATE OFFICER just don't cut it and don't get me started on our uniforms that DO NOT IDENTIFY US AS LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!! I AM READY TO JUST PUKE ABOUT THE INACTION FROM HQ ON OUR UNIFORMS. FWC DID IT AND I'M NOT BUYING IT THAT THE LEGISLATURE WILL NOT LET US CHANGE IT. WACKENHUT badges say "officer" so that just don't cut it. SOMEBODY needs to grow a set of NUTS and tell these 'law makers' what we do.

WE DESERVE BETTER FROM HQ AND THE LEGISLATORS, WE ARE SICK OF EXCUSES, DO SOMETHING

Since you hate this department so much, just leave ... go enjoy being attached to a radio going from call to call, working every weekend and holidays, getting paid once a month. Some of us like what we do and feel the money will come in time, so just jump ship and shut your mouth.

01-07-2009, 03:20 AM
[quote="just a DOT":2q2cfudg]If any of you Legistators are reading this, PLEASE MERGE US WITH FHP ASAP!!! We need the $$$$$$$$$$$ and a patrol car that looks like somebody that can write a ticket to have a visual effect on traffic violators. These idiots look at our cars and think we can't stop them because it doesn't say "POLICE" or something they can comprehend. STATE OFFICER just don't cut it and don't get me started on our uniforms that DO NOT IDENTIFY US AS LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!! I AM READY TO JUST PUKE ABOUT THE INACTION FROM HQ ON OUR UNIFORMS. FWC DID IT AND I'M NOT BUYING IT THAT THE LEGISLATURE WILL NOT LET US CHANGE IT. WACKENHUT badges say "officer" so that just don't cut it. SOMEBODY needs to grow a set of NUTS and tell these 'law makers' what we do.

Since you hate this department so much, just leave ... go enjoy being attached to a radio going from call to call, working every weekend and holidays, getting paid once a month. Some of us like what we do and feel the money will come in time, so just jump ship and shut your mouth.[/quote:2q2cfudg]

I'm pretty confident the merge is coming this year. Also, the money most likely will never come :(

01-11-2009, 12:39 AM
updates?

01-11-2009, 02:44 PM
[quote="just a DOT":cprvjprv]If any of you Legistators are reading this, PLEASE MERGE US WITH FHP ASAP!!! We need the $$$$$$$$$$$ and a patrol car that looks like somebody that can write a ticket to have a visual effect on traffic violators. These idiots look at our cars and think we can't stop them because it doesn't say "POLICE" or something they can comprehend. STATE OFFICER just don't cut it and don't get me started on our uniforms that DO NOT IDENTIFY US AS LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!! I AM READY TO JUST PUKE ABOUT THE INACTION FROM HQ ON OUR UNIFORMS. FWC DID IT AND I'M NOT BUYING IT THAT THE LEGISLATURE WILL NOT LET US CHANGE IT. WACKENHUT badges say "officer" so that just don't cut it. SOMEBODY needs to grow a set of NUTS and tell these 'law makers' what we do.

Since you hate this department so much, just leave ... go enjoy being attached to a radio going from call to call, working every weekend and holidays, getting paid once a month. Some of us like what we do and feel the money will come in time, so just jump ship and shut your mouth.[/quote:cprvjprv]

Amen! , We'll let you work all holidays , weekends , & midnights!! By the way dot officer's badges say "officer" , I should know. So go fill out the app. & make sure your raincoat fits for 10-65 sig -4 in the rain.

01-11-2009, 11:08 PM
[quote="just a DOT":18ddijzb]If any of you Legistators are reading this, PLEASE MERGE US WITH FHP ASAP!!! We need the $$$$$$$$$$$ and a patrol car that looks like somebody that can write a ticket to have a visual effect on traffic violators. These idiots look at our cars and think we can't stop them because it doesn't say "POLICE" or something they can comprehend. STATE OFFICER just don't cut it and don't get me started on our uniforms that DO NOT IDENTIFY US AS LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!! I AM READY TO JUST PUKE ABOUT THE INACTION FROM HQ ON OUR UNIFORMS. FWC DID IT AND I'M NOT BUYING IT THAT THE LEGISLATURE WILL NOT LET US CHANGE IT. WACKENHUT badges say "officer" so that just don't cut it. SOMEBODY needs to grow a set of NUTS and tell these 'law makers' what we do.

Since you hate this department so much, just leave ... go enjoy being attached to a radio going from call to call, working every weekend and holidays, getting paid once a month. Some of us like what we do and feel the money will come in time, so just jump ship and shut your mouth.

Amen! , We'll let you work all holidays , weekends , & midnights!! By the way dot officer's badges say "officer" , I should know. So go fill out the app. & make sure your raincoat fits for 10-65 sig -4 in the rain.[/quote:18ddijzb]

You can't be serious, if you think our HQ is stepping up to the plate and working just as hard at their job as the rest of us do everyday, day in and day out, you are retarded. All I'm saying is if they ( HQ, Legislators, Gov) are working SO HARD to do us some good, I don't see it. They managed to find enough money to give FHP a 5% raise last year, but told our Col. we could not get a raise unless all state LEO's got it. Are you seeing the light yet? There was not enough money for a change in uniforms, NOBODY but us know we are law enforcement (have you been out in public lately) but, FWC got new uniforms, badges, hats and different markings on their vehicles. We got sexy little vests and some plastic holsters, oh, and new raincoats with pants, so we can work traffic on hurricane details and FHP can go ride around after they split the scene after the first 5 minutes. And if you ain't been working at least every other holiday and weekends you must not be a DOT officer, so get off this board. I can go to FHP and do 5 contacts a day, but, I do 76's anyway. It don't hurt my feeelings when I go to McDonalds or wherever and they have to yell out "does he get the police discount" and the reply is "NO THEY AI'NT THE POLICE". I politely tell them to just ring it up and don't go back there again. You probably pack a lunch since you love this job so much. We need CHANGE and even D1 told us he was mistaken for the hotel security at a conference in Orlando, even Wackenhut has 'officer; on their badges. I love what I do, and the authority we have is awsome, but we don't get any recognition for it. Look at other states DOT officers and see for yourself. Google other states and don't take my word for it. You've been in this vacuum too long. We want change but nobody is giving it to us, so if you think THEY are working as hard as YOU, get a life.

01-12-2009, 02:45 AM
[quote="Proud DOT":3q4595lb][quote="just a DOT":3q4595lb]If any of you Legistators are reading this, PLEASE MERGE US WITH FHP ASAP!!! We need the $$$$$$$$$$$ and a patrol car that looks like somebody that can write a ticket to have a visual effect on traffic violators. These idiots look at our cars and think we can't stop them because it doesn't say "POLICE" or something they can comprehend. STATE OFFICER just don't cut it and don't get me started on our uniforms that DO NOT IDENTIFY US AS LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!! I AM READY TO JUST PUKE ABOUT THE INACTION FROM HQ ON OUR UNIFORMS. FWC DID IT AND I'M NOT BUYING IT THAT THE LEGISLATURE WILL NOT LET US CHANGE IT. WACKENHUT badges say "officer" so that just don't cut it. SOMEBODY needs to grow a set of NUTS and tell these 'law makers' what we do.

Amen! , We'll let you work all holidays , weekends , & midnights!! By the way dot officer's badges say "officer" , I should know. So go fill out the app. & make sure your raincoat fits for 10-65 sig -4 in the rain.[/quote:3q4595lb]

You can't be serious, if you think our HQ is stepping up to the plate and working just as hard at their job as the rest of us do everyday, day in and day out, you are retarded. All I'm saying is if they ( HQ, Legislators, Gov) are working SO HARD to do us some good, I don't see it. They managed to find enough money to give FHP a 5% raise last year, but told our Col. we could not get a raise unless all state LEO's got it. Are you seeing the light yet? There was not enough money for a change in uniforms, NOBODY but us know we are law enforcement (have you been out in public lately) but, FWC got new uniforms, badges, hats and different markings on their vehicles. We got sexy little vests and some plastic holsters, oh, and new raincoats with pants, so we can work traffic on hurricane details and FHP can go ride around after they split the scene after the first 5 minutes. And if you ain't been working at least every other holiday and weekends you must not be a DOT officer, so get off this board. I can go to FHP and do 5 contacts a day, but, I do 76's anyway. It don't hurt my feeelings when I go to McDonalds or wherever and they have to yell out "does he get the police discount" and the reply is "NO THEY AI'NT THE POLICE". I politely tell them to just ring it up and don't go back there again. You probably pack a lunch since you love this job so much. We need CHANGE and even D1 told us he was mistaken for the hotel security at a conference in Orlando, even Wackenhut has 'officer; on their badges. I love what I do, and the authority we have is awsome, but we don't get any recognition for it. Look at other states DOT officers and see for yourself. Google other states and don't take my word for it. You've been in this vacuum too long. We want change but nobody is giving it to us, so if you think THEY are working as hard as YOU, get a life.[/quote:3q4595lb]

Ya'll look like cops to me man. Also, from what I see, most States do not have a seperate DOT agency like Florida. Most States either the State Police or the Highway/State Patrol handle MCC.

01-12-2009, 02:13 PM
[quote="Proud DOT":6n9ro4o4][quote="just a DOT":6n9ro4o4]If any of you Legistators are reading this, PLEASE MERGE US WITH FHP ASAP!!! We need the $$$$$$$$$$$ and a patrol car that looks like somebody that can write a ticket to have a visual effect on traffic violators. These idiots look at our cars and think we can't stop them because it doesn't say "POLICE" or something they can comprehend. STATE OFFICER just don't cut it and don't get me started on our uniforms that DO NOT IDENTIFY US AS LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!! I AM READY TO JUST PUKE ABOUT THE INACTION FROM HQ ON OUR UNIFORMS. FWC DID IT AND I'M NOT BUYING IT THAT THE LEGISLATURE WILL NOT LET US CHANGE IT. WACKENHUT badges say "officer" so that just don't cut it. SOMEBODY needs to grow a set of NUTS and tell these 'law makers' what we do.

Amen! , We'll let you work all holidays , weekends , & midnights!! By the way dot officer's badges say "officer" , I should know. So go fill out the app. & make sure your raincoat fits for 10-65 sig -4 in the rain.[/quote:6n9ro4o4]

You can't be serious, if you think our HQ is stepping up to the plate and working just as hard at their job as the rest of us do everyday, day in and day out, you are retarded. All I'm saying is if they ( HQ, Legislators, Gov) are working SO HARD to do us some good, I don't see it. They managed to find enough money to give FHP a 5% raise last year, but told our Col. we could not get a raise unless all state LEO's got it. Are you seeing the light yet? There was not enough money for a change in uniforms, NOBODY but us know we are law enforcement (have you been out in public lately) but, FWC got new uniforms, badges, hats and different markings on their vehicles. We got sexy little vests and some plastic holsters, oh, and new raincoats with pants, so we can work traffic on hurricane details and FHP can go ride around after they split the scene after the first 5 minutes. And if you ain't been working at least every other holiday and weekends you must not be a DOT officer, so get off this board. I can go to FHP and do 5 contacts a day, but, I do 76's anyway. It don't hurt my feeelings when I go to McDonalds or wherever and they have to yell out "does he get the police discount" and the reply is "NO THEY AI'NT THE POLICE". I politely tell them to just ring it up and don't go back there again. You probably pack a lunch since you love this job so much. We need CHANGE and even D1 told us he was mistaken for the hotel security at a conference in Orlando, even Wackenhut has 'officer; on their badges. I love what I do, and the authority we have is awsome, but we don't get any recognition for it. Look at other states DOT officers and see for yourself. Google other states and don't take my word for it. You've been in this vacuum too long. We want change but nobody is giving it to us, so if you think THEY are working as hard as YOU, get a life.[/quote:6n9ro4o4]
I agree , as I said in the previous post. Go work crashes if you want ( no offense at all to any other agency ) , that's just not why I signed up here. I knew what I was going to do and what the vehicles and badges looked like. If you're not happy working for DOT , just apply elsewhere. I lived through the "commercial vehicle enforcement " on the rear of vehicle days and I think we came a long way with state l.e.o. on the cars now. Yeah some dept's. may get a little more money than us , and some of them run their ass off the whole shift working for it too. Far too many good perks here with this agency to leave. If you have to leave , best of luck.

01-14-2009, 12:43 AM
In a bunch of states the highway patrol is under DOT. If they want the bucks bring them to us but leave me alone and let me do my job. FHP used to be under FDOT!

[quote="Proud DOT":11vp72p5][quote="just a DOT":11vp72p5]If any of you Legistators are reading this, PLEASE MERGE US WITH FHP ASAP!!! We need the $$$$$$$$$$$ and a patrol car that looks like somebody that can write a ticket to have a visual effect on traffic violators. These idiots look at our cars and think we can't stop them because it doesn't say "POLICE" or something they can comprehend. STATE OFFICER just don't cut it and don't get me started on our uniforms that DO NOT IDENTIFY US AS LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!! I AM READY TO JUST PUKE ABOUT THE INACTION FROM HQ ON OUR UNIFORMS. FWC DID IT AND I'M NOT BUYING IT THAT THE LEGISLATURE WILL NOT LET US CHANGE IT. WACKENHUT badges say "officer" so that just don't cut it. SOMEBODY needs to grow a set of NUTS and tell these 'law makers' what we do.

Amen! , We'll let you work all holidays , weekends , & midnights!! By the way dot officer's badges say "officer" , I should know. So go fill out the app. & make sure your raincoat fits for 10-65 sig -4 in the rain.

You can't be serious, if you think our HQ is stepping up to the plate and working just as hard at their job as the rest of us do everyday, day in and day out, you are retarded. All I'm saying is if they ( HQ, Legislators, Gov) are working SO HARD to do us some good, I don't see it. They managed to find enough money to give FHP a 5% raise last year, but told our Col. we could not get a raise unless all state LEO's got it. Are you seeing the light yet? There was not enough money for a change in uniforms, NOBODY but us know we are law enforcement (have you been out in public lately) but, FWC got new uniforms, badges, hats and different markings on their vehicles. We got sexy little vests and some plastic holsters, oh, and new raincoats with pants, so we can work traffic on hurricane details and FHP can go ride around after they split the scene after the first 5 minutes. And if you ain't been working at least every other holiday and weekends you must not be a DOT officer, so get off this board. I can go to FHP and do 5 contacts a day, but, I do 76's anyway. It don't hurt my feeelings when I go to McDonalds or wherever and they have to yell out "does he get the police discount" and the reply is "NO THEY AI'NT THE POLICE". I politely tell them to just ring it up and don't go back there again. You probably pack a lunch since you love this job so much. We need CHANGE and even D1 told us he was mistaken for the hotel security at a conference in Orlando, even Wackenhut has 'officer; on their badges. I love what I do, and the authority we have is awsome, but we don't get any recognition for it. Look at other states DOT officers and see for yourself. Google other states and don't take my word for it. You've been in this vacuum too long. We want change but nobody is giving it to us, so if you think THEY are working as hard as YOU, get a life.[/quote:11vp72p5]
I agree , as I said in the previous post. Go work crashes if you want ( no offense at all to any other agency ) , that's just not why I signed up here. I knew what I was going to do and what the vehicles and badges looked like. If you're not happy working for DOT , just apply elsewhere. I lived through the "commercial vehicle enforcement " on the rear of vehicle days and I think we came a long way with state l.e.o. on the cars now. Yeah some dept's. may get a little more money than us , and some of them run their ass off the whole shift working for it too. Far too many good perks here with this agency to leave. If you have to leave , best of luck.[/quote:11vp72p5]

01-14-2009, 12:51 AM
In all fairness HQ and DD has gotten us more ot. it only lasted a year or 2 but fair is fair and they said that they were going after more. I really don't think that they are the ones that have cut it back. O'h, I do like the rain suit and vest cover but they don't taste good without ketchup.

01-14-2009, 01:00 AM
In a bunch of states the highway patrol is under DOT. If they want the bucks bring them to us but leave me alone and let me do my job. FHP used to be under FDOT!

[quote="guest005[/quote]

True, my point was that in most states there are not two separate agencies though. Usually Highway Patrol or State Police have a CV division. For the most part, you won't find a MCC agency and also Highway Patrol or State Police.

mxwx51
02-12-2009, 08:30 PM
The merger is about money. FHP wants DOTs money. There is a simple solution that won't cose a dime. Merge FHP UNDER DOT. Take law enforcement away from DHSMV, and make 2 SEPARATE law enforcement agencies under DOT. FHP and MCCO still live happily ever after, and FHP get their hands into DOTs pockets.

OR, they could just abolish FHP, give the SOs more deputies and a little more work, and then spread FHPs salary all around the state.

I'm good either way, but if you seriously belive "Nothing" will change with a merger, you are on drugs. Go ask an FWC officer who at one time was with Marine Patrol about a merger with "no change". It doesn't exist.

Oh yeah, if you really think the "Mechanic" patch on our uniform is so terrible, look at the "Orange" patch FHP has to wear. They both suck. I'm not in this job for the patch. If you wan't a better patch and car, go to a PD. And as far as people not knowing we are "the police", I'll be sure to educate them as they are signing the citation. People not realizing you are law enforcement = east ticket when they do something stupid right in front of you.

02-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Why not take FHP under our wings. We already fund half of their agency anyway.

02-19-2009, 12:35 AM

In order for you to work hireback, you have to write tickets, work crashes and stay out after dark. Did you guys know there was more than one 3 o'clock each day?? If the merge goes through, you guys would all have to go through a background check and go through the cross-over training and the FTO programs. No off-duty till you are qualified.

We all had to pass "the poly" before being hired, also 2 phsyc test's and more physical test's than I had before going in the Marines, yes I had an Honorable discharge or else that is a disqualifier, as is a whole lot of stuff. I hear on the FHP application they just ask if you have done any drugs the last 6 months! Ours is your entire LIFE HISTORY. so get over it, you are not the ELITE you think you are and there are good people in every agency and retards too. FHP is the LAST RESORT for most people to get into law enforcement as they are desperate to find anybody that will work wrecks in the rain, as anyone that has had anything to do with law enforcement knows that working conditions are better with any other agency and we all get 3% retirement and the same vacation and sick days, so I hate to bust your bubble, but we all have passed a whole lot more pre-employment testing than you can imagine, it took me over a year to get hired. I was the only one out of at least 3 sessions with about 150 people per session to take the PAT test (physical aptitude test) and out of the polygraphs given to I don't know how many, I was the only one hired. I know several troopers that got hired in about a month. We write mor tickets than you do anyway, so get over it.

02-21-2009, 06:55 AM
Please, get a life. We all know you wanted to really be a trooper but unfortunately did not cut it. Don't come on this site and cliam your dream career was that of a DOT officer. I am sure even though being a trooper may not have been your first choice, it appears you could not get hired by any PD, SO, FHP or federal agency. You finally got hired by DOT and now you think DOT has the most rigorous hiring process in the nation. Wake up, you earn less than FHP even with all your so called DOT money. All state law enforcement sucks, period.

02-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Please, get a life. We all know you wanted to really be a trooper but unfortunately did not cut it. Don't come on this site and cliam your dream career was that of a DOT officer. I am sure even though being a trooper may not have been your first choice, it appears you could not get hired by any PD, SO, FHP or federal agency. You finally got hired by DOT and now you think DOT has the most rigorous hiring process in the nation. Wake up, you earn less than FHP even with all your so called DOT money. All state law enforcement sucks, period.

Cliam is not a word. Claim is. I'll let you off with a verbal with a dyslexia plea. 10-98.

02-24-2009, 12:13 AM
[quote="Red/blue":3iq4jk1y]Most of us also believe it will happen. We believe our current Col is in office to help with the transition. So far he has not stuck up for our agency which makes me believe he is only here for the transition. I'm all for the merge and better pay, not to mention hireback...

We all had to pass "the poly" before being hired, also 2 phsyc test's and more physical test's than I had before going in the Marines, yes I had an Honorable discharge or else that is a disqualifier, as is a whole lot of stuff. I hear on the FHP application they just ask if you have done any drugs the last 6 months! Ours is your entire LIFE HISTORY. so get over it, you are not the ELITE you think you are and there are good people in every agency and retards too. FHP is the LAST RESORT for most people to get into law enforcement as they are desperate to find anybody that will work wrecks in the rain, as anyone that has had anything to do with law enforcement knows that working conditions are better with any other agency and we all get 3% retirement and the same vacation and sick days, so I hate to bust your bubble, but we all have passed a whole lot more pre-employment testing than you can imagine, it took me over a year to get hired. I was the only one out of at least 3 sessions with about 150 people per session to take the PAT test (physical aptitude test) and out of the polygraphs given to I don't know how many, I was the only one hired. I know several troopers that got hired in about a month. We write mor tickets than you do anyway, so get over it.[/quote:3iq4jk1y]

Guest I will take your challange anytime. All I need to know is when and where.

03-12-2009, 09:57 PM
I hope the merge happens this year.

03-13-2009, 07:49 PM
I hope the merge happens this year.

Why :?: :?: :?: Ever heard of the old saying , if it ain't broke , don't fix it?

03-14-2009, 12:48 PM
http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=41917&

03-15-2009, 02:27 AM
If there is not a Senate Bill don't wast my time!

03-23-2009, 02:25 AM

We all did pass a poly, grow up JR.

03-28-2009, 04:13 PM
There will be no merger. The cost savings is minimal and when you add in the cost of having headlights installed on all the DOT cars so they can work after dark, there is no savings at all.
Then don't forget the cost of buying flashlights.....

03-28-2009, 05:50 PM
There will be no merger. The cost savings is minimal and when you add in the cost of having headlights installed on all the DOT cars so they can work after dark, there is no savings at all.

Like someone in an earlier post said , jealousy is an ugly emotion :devil: . Don't hate because you have to sleaze around on a midnight shift with Tuesday & Wednesday's off rookie boy , you can have it SUCKER :wink: :snicker: Buh Bye.

03-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Look at the Troop C captains and tell me how elite you are!

03-29-2009, 07:33 PM
IF someone who can make a difference or even be able to vote on this bill. PLEEEEEEEEASE say yes, I need a pay raise.

03-29-2009, 07:37 PM

Like someone in an earlier post said , jealousy is an ugly emotion :devil: . Don't hate because you have to sleaze around on a midnight shift with Tuesday & Wednesday's off rookie boy , you can have it SUCKER :wink: :snicker: Buh Bye.

Someone is not having a good 11-7 shift. Flashlight? are you retarded. :shock:

03-30-2009, 06:27 PM

It gets closer and closer. See the $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Question for the trooper. Do you have the federal test under your belt :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: didn't think so. When we merge we get a hell of a pay raise. What do you get? :lol: Your thinking a bunch of misfits. Your thinking a bunch of jerks. Hey, have you been reading your own board. You should be wary of throwing those stones. You put your pants on one leg at a time. Oh that's right, you fly into them. Forgot about the BIG S, sorry. Once your head deflates you might get that. :shock: :D

03-30-2009, 10:20 PM
http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=41917&

Thanks I was looking for that!

03-31-2009, 09:44 AM
There isn't money in there for pay equity, that is why FHP says they can save the state money, just like Georgia, MCC officers will make less

03-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Dont think so. Look at what happens with other states when they merge the two. You give someone a working title and they have to be paid the same. Also GA troopers doing CMV stuff gets a 5% pay raise over road troopers for every additional cmv certification they get, which if they get all that are available, it adds up to 25% more.

04-01-2009, 12:38 AM
The Georgia troopers do get a pay raise for working CMV enforcement but the Motor Carrier Compliance Division officers are still behind what the troopers make. They just keep falling behind. And no they do not have to be paid the same, just some Panama City inaccurate rumors again. If you are correct, push away from the buffet table and cite the law that requires it. Ever wonder why a 20 year officer makes more than a rookie if they have to be paid the same. Maybe your new lieutenant will talk some sense into you!

04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Bills shows "Temporarily Deferred "

04-09-2009, 03:45 PM
It is dead. No bill in the senate and there was to be no pay raise just us going to the FHP academy to have their patch on our uniform as a way to save money.

04-09-2009, 07:06 PM
It is dead. No bill in the senate and there was to be no pay raise just us going to the FHP academy to have their patch on our uniform as a way to save money.

dead for now at least..... it may come back.

04-09-2009, 08:14 PM
What is going to happen to all of the Weight inspectors who work around the clock 24/7 and bring in the majority of the revenue by issuing thousands of citations, with no L.E.O's present.

04-09-2009, 08:27 PM
What is going to happen to all of the Weight inspectors who work around the clock 24/7 and bring in the majority of the revenue by issuing thousands of citations, with no L.E.O's present.

Why nothing of course...becuase they just don't exist..LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: : Thousands of citations.,come on...LOL!!

04-09-2009, 10:31 PM
We exist and the proof being that in 2008 one scale wrote 3,782 citations and issued $536,261.30 in total penalies. YES THAT'S $536,261.30 in penalties in 2008............. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

08-31-2009, 06:25 PM
FHP-DOT MERGER 2010! :D

08-31-2009, 07:03 PM

Once again...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ

08-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Yawn....

Playing the Game
08-31-2009, 11:10 PM
I wish this would happen!

09-03-2009, 11:38 PM
I wish this would happen!

Me too

09-04-2009, 12:29 AM
I look forward to seeing many of our out of shape officers going through PT at the FHP academy! :devil:

09-05-2009, 01:34 AM
I look forward to seeing many of our out of shape officers going through PT at the FHP academy! :devil:

I look foward to many of our out of shape (oppps Round is a shape) F.H.P. Troopers going back through P.T. at the academy :devil: :evil:

09-05-2009, 02:11 AM
But they will not have to :evil:

09-09-2009, 03:37 AM
Why don't you just all go to gym or something and stop cackling about PT so much! The merger is not a positive step. It definitely a hostile take over and you will find that out the hard way. We can bearly chat on this site without pulling our hair out!! DOT officers can exceed by pushing our negative administration out and becoming the best we can be. We have great people but the administration does not let us shine! Do you think you'll get a fair chance in FHP?? Gosh, I can't imagine being locked in to a zone all day, or having to be listening to the FHP dispatchers yacking on the radio and pocking their noses in my business. Dealing with fender benders, calling for roadrangers, and writing crash reports all day. I have enough with DOT recaping me to death!

09-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Who should run MCCO that will allow us to do what we really wnat to do? Give us names

09-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Why don't you just all go to gym or something and stop cackling about PT so much! The merger is not a positive step. It definitely a hostile take over and you will find that out the hard way. We can bearly chat on this site without pulling our hair out!! DOT officers can exceed by pushing our negative administration out and becoming the best we can be. We have great people but the administration does not let us shine! Do you think you'll get a fair chance in FHP?? Gosh, I can't imagine being locked in to a zone all day, or having to be listening to the FHP dispatchers yacking on the radio and pocking their noses in my business. Dealing with fender benders, calling for roadrangers, and writing crash reports all day. I have enough with DOT recaping me to death!

It aint that bad over here. You can knock out a crash report in no time once you get used to them.

09-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Georgia did this a few years ago. The brought the DOT officers under the DPS umbrella and called them Motor Carrier Compliance Officers. Now the State Patrol and MCCD are part of DPS, its worked rather well in GA. Although the DOT guys are not GA troopers, just under the same department.

09-21-2009, 01:56 AM
Georgia did this a few years ago. The brought the DOT officers under the DPS umbrella and called them Motor Carrier Compliance Officers. Now the State Patrol and MCCD are part of DPS, its worked rather well in GA. Although the DOT guys are not GA troopers, just under the same department.

1. If you are with DOT! You need to do research.
2. If you are with FHP! You need to do research.
3. If you are the average Joe Citizen! You need to do research.
4. If you are an angry citizen who received a ticket! Go somewhere else.
5. If you are just stirring the pot! You don't have a pot to piss in.
6. If you are with another agency! Stick to what you know, because, you HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

09-21-2009, 02:11 AM
Question? For all the officers who want to merge with FHP, do you think that if you merge you responsibilities would remain as they are now?? Do you think that you are going to make thousands of dollars more when you merge?? FHP does not make very much more than you are making now. Do you think you are going to be given a choice to do crash reports?? Do you think you will get promotions quicker, once it becomes fair game for Troopers to also become CVSA certified?? Who do you think will become promoted first a DOT or a Trooper without any experience in our field?? We don't benefit much from Fed funds now, who do you think will benefit first and most if we merge?? If you want to be in FHP, go apply they have many opening available.

09-21-2009, 01:58 PM

1. If you are with DOT! You need to do research.
2. If you are with FHP! You need to do research.
3. If you are the average Joe Citizen! You need to do research.
4. If you are an angry citizen who received a ticket! Go somewhere else.
5. If you are just stirring the pot! You don't have a pot to piss in.
6. If you are with another agency! Stick to what you know, because, you HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Someone didn't take their meds today. :snicker:

09-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Question? For all the officers who want to merge with FHP, do you think that if you merge you responsibilities would remain as they are now?? Do you think that you are going to make thousands of dollars more when you merge?? FHP does not make very much more than you are making now. Do you think you are going to be given a choice to do crash reports?? Do you think you will get promotions quicker, once it becomes fair game for Troopers to also become CVSA certified?? Who do you think will become promoted first a DOT or a Trooper without any experience in our field?? We don't benefit much from Fed funds now, who do you think will benefit first and most if we merge?? If you want to be in FHP, go apply they have many opening available.

We would all be in the black in tan but we would be a special Motor Carrier unit. Many other highway/state patrol agencies do it this way. In addition, many State Police agenices have seperate units who focus on MCC.

09-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Not so, the representative who was pushing this was keeping un in the same old car and we were going to get the FHP patch but keep our uniform.

09-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Not so, the representative who was pushing this was keeping un in the same old car and we were going to get the FHP patch but keep our uniform.

Correct, and they were just going to replace the seal on our doors.

09-22-2009, 01:56 AM
[quote="Real DOT"]Question? For all the officers who want to merge with FHP, do you think that if you merge you responsibilities would remain as they are now?? Do you think that you are going to make thousands of dollars more when you merge?? FHP does not make very much more than you are making now. Do you think you are going to be given a choice to do crash reports?? Do you think you will get promotions quicker, once it becomes fair game for Troopers to also become CVSA certified?? Who do you think will become promoted first a DOT or a Trooper without any experience in our field?? We don't benefit much from Fed funds now, who do you think will benefit first and most if we merge?? If you want to be in FHP, go apply they have many opening available.[/quote

I want to merge. First, we would not have the conflict of interest crap thrown at us when I want to work some construction zone or escorting CMV's. Secondly, I would be able to work the rest areas on the turnpike (instead of being a conflict of interest, even though we work them on the interstates).

I would challenge you to see how many troopers make what we make. Their starting pay may be close to ours, but with the OT and off-duty, they make well more than we do.

As far as the FED dollars, they would stay where they are. The State does not want to lose those funds. I don't really understand you statement/question about that.

You last statement sounds just like what DAD said. It sounds like you are afraid of working crashes. Dang, they are not hard to do. I did them for almost 10 years at a city PD and that was before crashzone and other software.

09-22-2009, 02:28 AM
Question? For all the officers who want to merge with FHP, do you think that if you merge you responsibilities would remain as they are now?? Do you think that you are going to make thousands of dollars more when you merge?? FHP does not make very much more than you are making now. Do you think you are going to be given a choice to do crash reports?? Do you think you will get promotions quicker, once it becomes fair game for Troopers to also become CVSA certified?? Who do you think will become promoted first a DOT or a Trooper without any experience in our field?? We don't benefit much from Fed funds now, who do you think will benefit first and most if we merge?? If you want to be in FHP, go apply they have many opening available.[/quote

I want to merge. First, we would not have the conflict of interest crap thrown at us when I want to work some construction zone or escorting CMV's. Secondly, I would be able to work the rest areas on the turnpike (instead of being a conflict of interest, even though we work them on the interstates).

I would challenge you to see how many troopers make what we make. Their starting pay may be close to ours, but with the OT and off-duty, they make well more than we do.

As far as the FED dollars, they would stay where they are. The State does not want to lose those funds. I don't really understand you statement/question about that.

You last statement sounds just like what DAD said. It sounds like you are afraid of working crashes. Dang, they are not hard to do. I did them for almost 10 years at a city PD and that was before crashzone and other software.

Agreed. Excellent post.

09-22-2009, 11:47 AM
You guys are out of luck now. With Julie Jones taking over as EXEC DIR, we are going to merge with FWC. That way we can get those cool hats. LOL

I Wear The Hat
09-23-2009, 03:42 AM
You guys are out of luck now. With Julie Jones taking over as EXEC DIR, we are going to merge with FWC. That way we can get those cool hats. LOL
Had to laugh. Pretty good.

10-06-2009, 04:12 AM
Is a possible merge going to be on the table again in 2010?

10-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Sure it is and it is posible the Senate will ignore it again!

10-11-2009, 04:11 AM

Why don't you guys that are whinning about this merger and why its not taking place just resign and apply with FHP. There are a large group of us who enjoys what we have. I enjoy my weekends off and sometime hoildys. I live with in my means and have no problems with it .If you hate it here just quit, be a man about it and stop your whinning, it's really getting on my nerves, Oh wait I guess you are afraid you might not make it thru the process. Like I said, not man enough to resign but women enough to whine

10-11-2009, 12:21 PM

Why don't you guys that are whinning about this merger and why its not taking place just resign and apply with FHP. There are a large group of us who enjoys what we have. I enjoy my weekends off and sometime hoildys. I live with in my means and have no problems with it .If you hate it here just quit, be a man about it and stop your whinning, it's really getting on my nerves, Oh wait I guess you are afraid you might not make it thru the process. Like I said, not man enough to resign but women enough to whine

This is a perfect example of why FHP doesn't want us. This guy can't spell, can't punctuate, has no idea what sentence structure is and can't tell singular from plural. You guys that can't write, just stay out of this or maybe let your grade school child check your work before you hit "submit".

We are never going to be with FHP so lets just drop this and go on with our good schedules, no working in the rain and poor salary. They get what they pay for.

10-11-2009, 01:25 PM

This is a perfect example of why FHP doesn't want us. This guy can't spell, can't punctuate, has no idea what sentence structure is and can't tell singular from plural. You guys that can't write, just stay out of this or maybe let your grade school child check your work before you hit "submit".

Spanky,
Get a life and go get a job at the school. Sounds as if you would make a better school teacher than a police officer anyway. You know what he means and understand what he said. You sound like an 8th grade English Teacher, maybe a Trooper with nothing better to do than go on other boards and stir up shit. Either way, GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!
We are never going to be with FHP so lets just drop this and go on with our good schedules, no working in the rain and poor salary. They get what they pay for.

10-11-2009, 06:00 PM

Spanky,
Get a life and go get a job at the school. Sounds as if you would make a better school teacher than a police officer anyway. You know what he means and understand what he said. You sound like an 8th grade English Teacher, maybe a Trooper with nothing better to do than go on other boards and stir up shizzat. Either way, GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Spanky, you probably didn't even know the mistakes were there. You must be a Supervisor.

Playing the Game
10-12-2009, 01:36 AM

People like you get on my nerves. I am a man but I do not have to apologize for making the agency better. I do not have to apologize for giving a better product to the citizens of this State. I do not have to apologize for making less than some admin secretaries around here. If you knew that most of the people sending you those emails made more money than you, maybe you would feel differently. Oh and by the way, they do get all weekends and holidays off! I do not know where you work in this State, but I have to work weekends and every other holiday. It sounds like you are afraid of a little work.

What we need to do is get together and show solidarity towards getting pay increases and such!

10-13-2009, 08:33 PM

People like you get on my nerves. I am a man but I do not have to apologize for making the agency better. I do not have to apologize for giving a better product to the citizens of this State. I do not have to apologize for making less than some admin secretaries around here. If you knew that most of the people sending you those emails made more money than you, maybe you would feel differently. Oh and by the way, they do get all weekends and holidays off! I do not know where you work in this State, but I have to work weekends and every other holiday. It sounds like you are afraid of a little work.

What we need to do is get together and show solidarity towards getting pay increases and such!

good post. agree with you

12-12-2009, 12:23 AM
As of 12/11/2009 there is a bill being drafted to do it again :cry:

12-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Cite your reference.

12-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Why would they have to draft a bill? They can dust the one off from the last thre years when nothing happened!

12-12-2009, 07:41 PM
As of 12/11/2009 there is a bill being drafted to do it again :cry:

Umm , no there's not......Move along. :roll:

12-14-2009, 10:17 PM
[quote="Here we BLOW again":20xw31r0]As of 12/11/2009 there is a bill being drafted to do it again :cry:

Umm , no there's not......Move along. :roll:[/quote:20xw31r0]

....but there is a LOT of DOT people who would love this. They want to be Troopers so bad, that is all they think about and evidenced by the # of posts here, all they write about too. NOPE it ain't gonna happen. We have lowered our standards so many times, we don't need to do it again.