PDA

View Full Version : Parades

11-25-2008, 02:42 AM
I know it's been a couple of weeks, but did anyone notice who wasn't at the Veteran's Day Parade? That's right! Our Chief, Roger Boatner, as well as any of his three little pigs, couldn't find the time to honor our Vets. Neither were Doug Thomas and his minions, all of whom support Boatner so much. But, on a more positive note (sarcasm alert), I'll lay odds that the Boat, et al. attend the MLK Parade. C'mon people, you gotta have priorities. Appease small minority of your city's population rather than honor a huge, multicultural group who not only contribute to society but gave their time, and in some cases their health and well being, and in other cases their lives, to defend that society so others can refuse to.

11-25-2008, 04:15 AM
I know it's been a couple of weeks, but did anyone notice who wasn't at the Veteran's Day Parade? That's right! Our Chief, Roger Boatner, as well as any of his three little pigs, couldn't find the time to honor our Vets. Neither were Doug Thomas and his minions, all of whom support Boatner so much. But, on a more positive note (sarcasm alert), I'll lay odds that the Boat, et al. attend the MLK Parade. C'mon people, you gotta have priorities. Appease small minority of your city's population rather than honor a huge, multicultural group who not only contribute to society but gave their time, and in some cases their health and well being, and in other cases their lives, to defend that society so others can refuse to.

You must be new here...the most important parade in our fair city is the Christmas parade.

Lonewolf1
11-25-2008, 09:43 PM

This begs the question, why would you want any of them there or at any function representing the officers of LPD. Big, fat, greasy, bloated, waiting on a heart attack gutless wonder? Maybe you would rather have Gimp-along Cassidy hobble his way to a function representing a finely tuned figure of a police officer. How about the little princess bouncing in and opening her mouth and watching the expressions on everyone's faces that can't believe she could possibly talk and do aerobics at the same time. As for the other guy, he is too busy chasing skirts to even think about going to any functions, except maybe the annual Pimps Up Hos Down festival.

These particular leaders do not represent the fine dedicated officers that still remain at LPD. They are a collection of butt kissers who have slimed their way to the top by stepping on and taking the credit for the work of good cops. Don't be disappointed when you don't see them at the Veterans Day Parade, or any other solemn occasion. They only diminish the sacrifices made by men and women who have actually served and would not hesitate to give up anything for their brothers in arms. We don't want their kind in attendance, they haven't earned the right to be there.

12-06-2008, 04:28 AM
Wasn't in the Lakeland Christmas Parade, either. He was reportedly "being one of the guys," working the north gate at LPD. Oh, well, at least Uncle Grady was there to lead things off.

Lonewolf1
12-07-2008, 02:01 AM
Wasn't in the Lakeland Christmas Parade, either. He was reportedly "being one of the guys," working the north gate at LPD. Oh, well, at least Uncle Grady was there to lead things off.

If he wanted to be "one of the guys" he along with the three stooges could get off their butts and answer calls a couple of nights a month......Oops, I forgot you have to be a real cop or at least worked the street longer than a week or two during your career to be able to answer calls. :roll:

12-07-2008, 01:24 PM
okay...please tell me what agency has their administrators answering calls. Aside riding with personnel from time to time, do you really expect any agency's administrators to do this on a regular basis? please...

12-08-2008, 02:30 AM
That's pretty darn accurate. I know the line level officers respect staff and supervision answering a call or two now and then, but no one should expect that of them. Remember, it's not the job of the boss to do the work, it's their job to make sure the work gets done and it's done to standard. (Although good supervisors will answer a call or two when they get stacked) Remember, Jon Gruden doesn't go out on the field during game day and move the ball.

12-08-2008, 11:43 AM
That's pretty darn accurate. I know the line level officers respect staff and supervision answering a call or two now and then, but no one should expect that of them. Remember, it's not the job of the boss to do the work, it's their job to make sure the work gets done and it's done to standard. (Although good supervisors will answer a call or two when they get stacked) Remember, Jon Gruden doesn't go out on the field during game day and move the ball.

A good majority of these supervisors didn't even take calls well enough (if ANY calls) before they began to be promoted. Funny how that works out.

Lonewolf1
12-08-2008, 12:19 PM
No, it is not their jobs to go out and answer calls. The point I was attempting to make and possibly didn't explain well enough is that they were never streets cops, haven't even been passable administrators, and now they are trying to be "one of the boys" by standing at a stationary post at the north gate of the PD. Whoooaaa Nelly! I can only imagine the barbarian hoard that he will face there.

Well, "that dog don't hunt." You can't make up for gross mismanagement and downright criminal activity by being "one of the boys" for one night. My reference to having them going out and answering calls a couple of nights a month was merely something they could do if they truly wanted to be "in touch" with the troops, rather than sitting/hiding behind their desks and prowling the halls looking for paper clips out of place.

Look, the bottom line is this 3rd floor is not going to do anything except run their own personal agendas at the real officers' expense and just because they try to be "one of the guys" it will never happen. That ship has long since sailed.