PDA

View Full Version : Check FHP's site

11-19-2008, 12:44 AM
Check FHP's site. It has a picture of an FWC Captain as the posterboy wearing the cowboy hat and new badge. He must be bullet proof as he is not wearing a vest and is violating policy without having is radio. Great role model.

11-19-2008, 01:59 AM
This is the MOST embarrassing thing our agency has EVER done! It's incredibly humiliating. There's a hell of a lot more they could have done for us. Instead...we're playing dress up! Now FHP's laughing at us. What's next?

11-19-2008, 02:17 AM
I dont think that hats look half bad. After all you guys are game wardens and your job puts you outside in the elements a lot, I would wear the hat.. The money came from nextel and had to be spent by the first of year, so its not like it came out of your budget..

11-19-2008, 03:55 AM
I dont think that hats look half bad. After all you guys are game wardens and your job puts you outside in the elements a lot, I would wear the hat.. The money came from nextel and had to be spent by the first of year, so its not like it came out of your budget..That money should have been better well spent giving field officers a bonus. Yes, it is legal and no, the legislature would not have had to approve it. Or, the money could have been given to the officers to pay them back for having to use their personal Nextels to do their job effective manner. Yes, to be an effective officers you need a cellphone. This is 2008 and no one cares how you did it back in the GFC days.

11-19-2008, 04:29 AM
I dont think that hats look half bad. After all you guys are game wardens and your job puts you outside in the elements a lot, I would wear the hat.. The money came from nextel and had to be spent by the first of year, so its not like it came out of your budget..That money should have been better well spent giving field officers a bonus. Yes, it is legal and no, the legislature would not have had to approve it. Or, the money could have been given to the officers to pay them back for having to use their personal Nextels to do their job effective manner. Yes, to be an effective officers you need a cellphone. This is 2008 and no one cares how you did it back in the GFC days.

You can not use the money for direct monetary compensation for personal.. IE no bonuses, now if the proper paper work was filled out it could have been used to pay for personal used nextels.. Why don;t you read up on the FCC lawsuit settlement and the amount of funds FWC received.

11-19-2008, 05:27 AM

You can not use the money for direct monetary compensation for personal.. IE no bonuses, now if the proper paper work was filled out it could have been used to pay for personal used nextels.. Why don;t you read up on the FCC lawsuit settlement and the amount of funds FWC received.

Bullshit someone else. If the money even amounted to $1 per officer it would have been better spent giving it to them in some form or another. IE reimbursed for phones, boot allowances, or anything other than a hat that will only get worn once or twice a year. Like I said, bullshit someone else.

11-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Those from the FHP site are just having fun. You guys would be having a field day with us if the shoe was on the other foot. Hell, now that I think about it, you guys do have a field day with us more times then not! It's all for fun. I mean our hats are not that much different.

We love you guys! Be SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-22-2008, 12:09 AM
They look fine. You're supposed to be out in the woods catching poachers and such. I would say the hat is appropriate. Though they might look a little off when operating a boat.

That being said, I'm sure most would have appreciated a raise instead of new Hats/Badges.

12-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I dont understand you guys at FWC. I like yall's new hat and have heard good comments about it from other LEO's. You guys should be proud of it. It's rugged and fits the tough job you do. Sure beats this stupid round hat forced on us by Grimming. He was from up north, and thought we should look like the yankee troopers where he's from. Now, if your want to talk about a hat that is truely out of character for Florida, look no further than FHP! I miss my old stetson.....a true southern lawman's hat.

12-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the outside perspective southern trooper. A lot of our guys like our new hat, we just have a couple of whiners in FWC who cry loud and often on this forum. They are not the majority. 80% of us voted for the new hat.

Be safe.

12-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Bullsh** it was a rigged vote! And, I'll say it again, the other choice was just more friggin ridiculous.

12-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the outside perspective southern trooper. A lot of our guys like our new hat, we just have a couple of whiners in FWC who cry loud and often on this forum. They are not the majority. 80% of us voted for the new hat.

Be safe. 80% huh? We call that a lie. The Colonel went through two previous votes on hat and each time the other hat won. The third vote was taken when the opposing hat was even dumber looking.