PDA

View Full Version : Building renovation

11-14-2008, 11:30 PM
I COULD NOT KEEP QUIET ANYMORE. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE WASTE OF MONEY THIS UNIVERSITY HAS INVESTED IN OUR DEPARTMENT. THIS SO CALLED REMODELING IS THE CHEAPEST, SHOTTIEST WORK I HAVE EVER SEEN DONE. GREEN TILE IN THE BRIEFING ROOM. THE OLD CARPET LOOKED TEN TIMES BETTER THEN THAT CRAP. ALSO LOVE HOW THEY WAX THE FLOORS BEFORE PAINTING OR LAYING CARPET....WHAT GENIUS SAID TO CLEAN THE FLOORS DURING THE CONSTRUCTION. ALSO THANKS FOR PICKING AND CHOOSING WHO GETS WHAT....I LOVE THAT EVERYONE IN THE BUILDING GETS NEW CARPET AND PAINT, YET PATROL GETS BUFFED FLOORS AND A PAINTED HALLWAY. COULD ANYONE NOT RETILE THE WHOLE PLACE FOR GOD SAKES WITH SOMETHING AESTHETICALLY PLEASING .

AS USUAL THEY ARE "SHINING A TURD" JUST LIKE THEY DO FOR EVERYTHING.....YOU KNOW....USFPD HAS A MOTOR UNIT.....NOT.....HAS A BIKE UNIT....NOT......HAS A MARINE UNIT.....NOT.....HAS A TACTICAL RESPONSE TEAM.....NOT......BUT AS LONG AS IT LOOKS GOOD IN THE ORACLE AND AROUND CAMPUS THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

11-15-2008, 01:32 AM
The new tile floor in the briefing room was destroyed by the Installers when they moved the "new" second hand furniture back in place.

Theres realy not much hope for the future here.

11-16-2008, 02:08 AM
I could care less about the building, and I seen the last post was deleted or/changed. There is really no incentive to stay here. No pay raises. The Master Patrol program that was promised has been cancelled, and the one Master Patrolman here, is is making more than any of the Seargeants. He was never even an FTO! How did that even happen? He just took some academy classes to get the rank of Master Patrolman? Tell me thats not a rigged up gimmick? What a joke!

11-16-2008, 07:41 PM
The floor in the back room looks horrible. That tile is going to be totally scratched up in a short time.

11-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Just moving the chairs from the briefing desks cause scratches on the tiles. Just another low quality job that USF paid top dollar for. They complain about not having funds but they pay through the nose for low quality contractors.

11-18-2008, 04:10 AM
I could care less about the building, and I seen the last post was deleted or/changed. There is really no incentive to stay here. No pay raises. The Master Patrol program that was promised has been cancelled, and the one Master Patrolman here, is is making more than any of the Seargeants. He was never even an FTO! How did that even happen? He just took some academy classes to get the rank of Master Patrolman? Tell me thats not a rigged up gimmick? What a joke!

What does the Master Patrolman’s issue have to do with the so-called building renovations? Lots of people make more or less than others do for a variety of reasons. Some have earned it and others are in the right place at the right time. Either way the building renovation money came from a hand out from the University to make us “feel better” about the conditions of our building. It could not be used for salaries. The building looks worse now with the renovations. Talk about a waste of building funds. About $300,000 cash has been spent so far. A complete A/C system with ducts, blowers, compressors, etc. The building is more uncomfortable now than it was before. All of the hot and cold spots have just changed locations. The walls have been painted with flat paint. Cracks were painted over and trim pieces on the walls were just painted over without repair. The tile was down for several weeks before it was sealed and now the grout is stained in many locations. Let’s not forget about the lockers that got much smaller. So small that a regular size hanger can’t even fit in them. The list can go on and on. I would love to see the general contractors books on how he ran this project. And least we not forget the lovely plumbing issues we continue to have. Raw sewage backing up onto fresh tile is a wonderful thing to come to work to. I would like to extend this to my fellow officers though. Please remember that this construction project was pretty much forced upon us at the PD by the University Administrators. Did anyone take before, during and after pictures. This would make a great story.

11-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Really....who even gives a shit anymore.....just show up, hang out for 12 hours and leave.....that is all they care about anyway. 200 arrests in one year or 2.....it is all the same at this place. We work in shit, we are treated like shit, and they pay us shit......that equals......shit work.

Enjoy

11-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Ok guys...I have just one question. If none of you are happy or satisfied with the current state of the department, why not seek employment at a different agency. I'm not saying that things are the best but they could also be worse. I'm just happy to have a job, and it's only going to get worse...Just my two cents, I hope no one takes offense to it.

11-19-2008, 10:06 PM
No one can leave because Officers are required to sign a three year contract. Leave before the end of the contract and you owe $$$$. There will be a few openings once individual contracts expire.

There are people doing a terrific job but are just really amazed at the waste of money USF pays out for nonsense while claiming to be poor. The Officers here, for the most part, go above and beyond for the University and the Community we serve.

It's just disappointing to see how we are treated and this board just serves as our only outlet.

11-21-2008, 08:32 AM
all usfpd does and cry and moan about what they dont have, be happy you have a job with the way the economy is at the moment

11-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Just goes to show how out of touch our administration is. Trudi, you are truly a failure. Why don’t you get off your throne and come see what crappy work you just paid for. Our list of needs is large, and you picked completely unnecessary items to be fixed and repaired. I’m not one for buying a tank so our “Tactical” team can ride around it in their pajama BDU’s, but how bout you throw us a bone here?

11-21-2008, 08:19 PM
So I take it the admin couldn't really care what you officers have to say...Is there any brass that agrees with you guys? Or are you all on your own? I could understand that no one wants to quit before their 3 years because they don't want to be responsible for breaking the contract, however I know someone who works for a surrounding counties SO, he signed a contract and quit...He spoke to legal coucil and the SO didn't persue it...Maybe something to think about :cop:

11-22-2008, 02:00 AM
You all under the contracts didn't read what you were signing. They didn't come through on their promises, but you didn't read the contract you signed, which had nothing to do with the promises made to you.

On the building renovations, thats just typical government spending. They will spend all the thousands they have rather than put it in the pocket of the worker. Example= the 700 Billion dollar bail out. It goes right back into the pockets of the banks and the executives that lost it all.

The automotive industry is going to get their bail out. Isn't it funny they all went under at the same time? They want the government money. Money the automotive industry spent over the last 30 years trying to take things over seas, trying to produce cars cheaper, and put more money in their pockets instead of paying the American worker for doing it.

The government will probably bail them out too. But what does it all mater if the average person can't afford to buy a car? Another example of wasted government money. Put all that cash back into the pocket of the average working man to stimulate the economy. Don't waste it on BS stuff. The building repairs we have gotten and hiring AB, is just another expample of government spending at it's worst. Put the money where it needs to really go, into the pocket of the working person. Every idiot in government now should have been fired and not re-elected for the way this economy has gone, and new people elected and hired. Wake up America! Earl Pitts signing off.

11-26-2008, 05:34 AM
Here is my list….I really can’t come up with 1 positive thing to say about our “renovations.” 100++ grand? Are you F’ing serious??? Collins and I could have gone to Lowes with half that and done a better job and it would have only taken me a week, not 3 months……… BTW, thank you Sgt Collins for sig30’ing all that stuff from the old marshall center, and setting it up
A/C still blows, and not cold (and didn’t we lock up one of the troll’s goblins?)
Can we get a painter(s) that are not drunk?
Great job on patching up the drywall in the ceiling…miss a few spots eh?
The urinal in the bathroom still does not flush, oh wait, it wasn’t replaced
There is still Sh*% spewing up in the new, wait, OLD locker rooms with new tile
The carpet looks as drab as it did before, at least then the stains added a little character
Can we go 1 day without our side door being completely held open? LT I thought this was an “accreditation issue”
The tile in the training room looks like a 4 year old installed it, then went drifting with his PowerWheels Hummer in the room
As always, GO BULLS!!

11-26-2008, 06:06 AM
cry babies.... if it is sooooooo horrible, break your contract and LEAVE

11-26-2008, 06:18 AM
cry babies.... if it is sooooooo horrible, break your contract and LEAVE

Wow, the nerve of us. We're the ONLY ones on the the 100's of Departments on LEO AFFAIRS who crys about working conditions WOW!!!!

11-26-2008, 09:17 AM
(and didn’t we lock up one of the troll’s goblins?) That is some funny shizzat right there!

11-27-2008, 02:54 AM
These forums aren't for a praise or a pep session for the department and what goes on. It's for posting your frustration out on the BS you see going on, and being able to post those frustrations in here anonymity. And oh, ya...go Bulls!

12-10-2008, 02:21 AM
Why is the up building such an issue with you folks? Why, you yourself stated how you are always ROVING on patrol any given night! IDIOT LIERS :P 2KZHG1 :lol: :lol: