PDA

View Full Version : Ocala PD Questions

11-14-2008, 06:58 PM
What is Ocala PD like to work for...I am a female :mrgreen: :mrgreen: CPO and will be going to the academy soon...want to be LEO and live in Marion Oaks. I think OPD may be a good fit.. Can anyone tell me about the Dept. also what other agencys I can consider. I know I will take a pay cut but what about how its run, the administrations, problems, etc.

12-04-2008, 03:13 AM
OPD is a good agency with poor upper leaadership. The chief is only there to buy into more retirement but he's a nice guy. There are a few others that need to be watched. The OPD has great "officers" that work there. I have had the opportunity to work with many of them. Morale is low right now, for several reasons but with the new Deputy Chief, things may change. It's a great start into the career, but there is no competetion within Marion County, so pay will never compare with South Florida like Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Be careful and good luck.

12-04-2008, 04:50 AM
OPD is a great department. Its large and everyone who works here gets along great. I love working here.

PeaceMaker
12-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to my transition from probation to law enforcement. :devil: