PDA

View Full Version : One OF MANY DEFEATS TO COME FOR THE GOB PBA

11-13-2008, 06:43 AM
Congrats to all PBA members for finally opening your eyes and defeating the GOB UNION contract .What was the vote 111 NAY to 37 Yeah? Man I haven't heard of this type of A!# whipping since Deeznuts got taken back to the woodshed by his Avon Park buddies. You know I actually attend these PBA meetings , and I sit back and laugh inside as I watch the most disorganized group of people try to force feed bogus ideas down my throat. The last contract we agreed upon they lied to the young cops in this place about how when you get to our level of seniority your going to greatly benefit. Your PBA board and GOB's got 10% to 16% raises while the the cops under eight years got 3% increases. All these cops that got 10% are going to get our 3% raise that we got for October 1st, and they're going to get another 3% in April !The PBA will tell you things like you should be happy about the raise your getting ,because we're in tough economic times! CHUCK D and Flavor Flav who were better know as the rap group "PUBLIC ENEMY"they had a hit lyric that we should entrust as our motto "DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!" Since cops under eight years are the majority in this police department you should demand a lump sum of 6% to 8%. Your peers that work at other police departments are getting between $6 -$9 more an hour than your getting being on an equal step as you are. The cops at other agencies are saving hundreds of dollars a month in health benefits, and they are required to put less money then you for their retirement plan. The city has money , because after all they gave the city manager 5% lump sum raise added onto his $174,000 salary. You street cops put your lives on the line daily , don't you think you should be getting compensated more for making that ultimate sacrifice ,than a city manager who sits in a office every day? You should thank your INTERIM CHIEF for implementing the following ideas into your contract! THE 80 hour work week, and the new educational requirements which he himself did not have when he was promoted. Its funny how PBA union allows your INTERIM CHIEF to put terms into your union contract, when he's not even part of the union!

This is to all union members , but I'm speaking to the young cops who make up the majority of this police department and union. Even though I'm a Hardcore Republican, we need to adopt an Obama slogan when it comes to this PBA board CHANGE!, CHANGE! CHANGE! KEEP VOTING NO!, ON FUTURE CONTRACTS UNTIL WE HAVE A UNION THATS MADE UP OF STREET COPS ALLOWING OUR VOICES TO BE FINALLY HEARD!WE also should insist that that the election coming up shortly for PBA president be about change at the top!, The votes should be counted at 10-19 with a street cop we all trust as one of the vote counters.Lets stop GOB rigged ELECTIONS that hapeened in the past when are votes were counted in TAllahassee Your first no vote already put the GOBS 12 hour work day plan into a tailspin! DO NOT DO 179 vacation requests , for the following COUNCILMAN THEY STAND FOR ANTI-COP RAISES AND are FOR REVIEW Boards STREETS,SIMS,WRIGHT, and your mayor HUMPREY now wants your pension to be turned into a 401 K plan. HEAR NO EVIL SEE NO EVIL DAWGS!

11-13-2008, 02:04 PM
AMEN!! We don't deserve this b#llsh*t we are getting served. :devil:

11-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Lets sit in on the most recent contract "negotiations" meeting :

Cecil - Um, I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen but the majority of the cops voted down our proposal.

City Government- WHAT! You told us that if we bought out the veterans and sweetened the pot for you and the rest of the veteran officers you could handle the rest of the department!

Cecil - Umm, Yea well I guess they think they deserve more money and benefits. I tried to let them know if they want more money I keep on putting up details and overtime for them and no one takes it.

Interm Chief - May I just say in Cecils defense that if I was elected police chief, I would make sure overtime is kept to a minimum, I don't understand these junior cops nowadays wanting increased sick and vacation time or better benefits. They should be happy to even have a job in a recession. I mean it sucks that its dangerous and we have had two officers die in the line of duty....but, more money!??! PLEASE..not on my watch!

City Government - Well we are sorry that your guys got killed protecting this city but we named a street after the most recent death...what more do they want? Listen we need to save money and although we have endless construction and city improvement jobs ahead, 100 some odd cops are not going to bully us into giving them more money! Tell them they can take what we give them or work somewhere else!

City Manager - I agree, I mean you might say I make a good salary but my job is ten times more important and stressful than theirs. 6-10% raises?! for what so they can ask for more money next year! No way. Now please excuse me I have to go to a luncheon at the Veranda.

Cecil - Well Ill see what we can whip up, but these officers are stubborn. At least you can't take our PLOP and DROP and benefits package. I would hate to be here after this year.

Interm Chief - I am going to tell all my supervisors to tell the officers they will have nothing to gain by voting down the contract, I really wanted to start their 12 hour shifts, are you sure we can't just push that through? I mean why does that need to be voted on ?
Myself and all the supervisors agree it would be best for the agency and officers. After all I was an officer once too.

Its starting to pile up ........
Lies, deceit and back door deals
Oh My............ :devil:

11-13-2008, 07:06 PM
CHANGE ! CHANGE! CHANGE! YOU TELL IT LIKE IT IS 40CALIBRE! HOW MANY MORE CONTRACTS ARE GOING TO COME BY WITHOUT ANY EXTRA PAY FOR OFFICERS WHO CAN SPEAK MULTIPLE LANGUAGES! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HEAR "FT. MYERS DO WE ANY SPANISH SPEAKING OFFICERS 10-8?" WE HAVE SPECIAL SKILLS AND WE'RE DOING MORE WORK THAN OFFICERS WHO ONLY SPEAK ONE LANGUAGE. THIS DEPARTMENT CAN'T SURVIVE ON PALM BEACH WITHOUT US SPANISH SPEAKING OFFICERS THAT CREATE A SPECIAL LIASON WITH THE HISPANIC COMMUNITY! WE WANT COMPENSATION AND WE WANT IT NOW! WHENS THE LAST TIME THE PBA BOARD HAD A HISPANIC OR BLACK OFFICER ON THE PBA BOARD?I WOULD LIKE TO PUT MY NOMINATION IN FOR OUR NEXT EL PRESIDENTE FOR PBA M.PERRY. YOURS TRULEY THE UNDERCOMPENSATED ,AND OVERWORKED BI-LINGUAL STUD!

11-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Thank-you to 40 cal for telling it like it is again!40 cal you also forgot to thank our interim chief for putting in another item into our contract ! He took away our specialty unit status away so the GOB's now have the ability to remove us from our unit without just cause. This is a warning for all specialty units first its K-9 , then the next contract it's going to be J.A.M. , C.P.C., and station 2! How can we not be considered a specialty unit we do training every week ! I'm a Republican too, but I like the slogan of Change! Change! Change! when it comes to our GOB PBA board!

11-13-2008, 07:45 PM
HUMPTY DUMPTY CECIL SAT ON THE GOB PBA BOARD, HUMPTY DUMPTY CECIL BE PREPARED TO HAVE A BIG FALL! I LIKE BI-LINGUAL STUDS CHOICE FOR PRESIDENT M.PERRY! WE ALSO WANT SERGE ,40 CAL, 136, AND THE DICEMAN FOR OUR UNION BOARD . WE WANT F.O.P., WE WANT F.O.P.! GOB PBA SUCKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSS!

11-13-2008, 08:03 PM
How come the community affairs job was never posted for all cops to apply for that position? I love when our union president posts details on the briefing room board and they all filled up with different names , but all the names are done with the same handwriting.Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMMMM!

11-14-2008, 06:22 AM
I smell a rat in Community Affiars!!!!!!!!

11-14-2008, 08:38 AM
CHANGE ! CHANGE! CHANGE! YOU TELL IT LIKE IT IS 40CALIBRE! HOW MANY MORE CONTRACTS ARE GOING TO COME BY WITHOUT ANY EXTRA PAY FOR OFFICERS WHO CAN SPEAK MULTIPLE LANGUAGES! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HEAR "FT. MYERS DO WE ANY SPANISH SPEAKING OFFICERS 10-8?" WE HAVE SPECIAL SKILLS AND WE'RE DOING MORE WORK THAN OFFICERS WHO ONLY SPEAK ONE LANGUAGE. THIS DEPARTMENT CAN'T SURVIVE ON PALM BEACH WITHOUT US SPANISH SPEAKING OFFICERS THAT CREATE A SPECIAL LIASON WITH THE HISPANIC COMMUNITY! WE WANT COMPENSATION AND WE WANT IT NOW! WHENS THE LAST TIME THE PBA BOARD HAD A HISPANIC OR BLACK OFFICER ON THE PBA BOARD?I WOULD LIKE TO PUT MY NOMINATION IN FOR OUR NEXT EL PRESIDENTE FOR PBA M.PERRY. YOURS TRULEY THE UNDERCOMPENSATED ,AND OVERWORKED BI-LINGUAL STUD!
Steve Long...Now stop complaining and go translate

11-15-2008, 12:48 AM
This is truly a wake up call to the PBA Board Members. A new generation is here folks. It is definitely time for change and the only way to accomplish this is to stay united. This isn’t about want admin wants anymore; it’s all about the officers and what they deserve and NEVER settle for less.

11-15-2008, 03:19 PM
If you would have voted in the right board last time, you would not have these issues with the board. Only one of this board was an officer's officer, but he left for a better place, Almost Heaven. You have the opportunity to oust these people, like Nike said, 'Just Do It'. I believe that you can elect Serge into a position on this board and you should. Maybe 40 Cal should investigate that idea.

11-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Well guest, I voted for Serge then, and if he walked into the building today and asked for my vote again I wouldn't even hesitate to give him my vote again. You know how many of my votes went to the people on this GOB PBA board? ZERO! I'm telling you guys and girls this is our last chance to have control of something in this police department, and mark my words if we don't take control of this union we are all in for the longest four years of our lives! Your new chief has already showed us his direction in the implementation of his ideas into your contract! City first, Street cops last! He has shown you there's a set standards for of discipline for these guys and there's another set of standards for cops like Serge and Torres. I can't be any more blunt about this. Your PBA board is made up of one guy in stripes, the captain of the ship got grandfathered in to community affairs job, and the rest are about to become sgt's soon. Do you honestly think they're going to challenge the chief for your benefit? If you went to the meeting a month ago, you would have heard it right from the horses mouth. Sgt. C.I.T. stated something like this, we're forming our contract around the interests of what our interim Chief wants. He got called out about that statement by Lt. Eads. Eads told him why are forming our contract around what the chief wants! Sgt. C.I.T. had no answer for him! CHANGE! CHANGE! CHANGE! Let's start putting some candidates names on this message board , that we feel can lead us in the right direction and won't be afraid to fight for street cops! Hear NO Evil! SEE No Evil BRo!

11-17-2008, 07:02 AM
I know a lot of individuals that voted for Serge and I just want to make sure that our PBA President understands that people are aware of what went down during the last election!! :evil: So my question would have to be, how was the voting process handled in the last election? Did everyone feel that the last election was a fair election, and who was present during the voting process?

11-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Guest, let me try clarifying what your hinting at using my station 2 sensory skills! The voting process went like this ! The GOB's in a coordinated effort with their GOB PBA franchise, didn't send the names of eligible PBA voters to Tallahassee ,who they believed were going to vote for Serge. The result of that was they didn't receive ballots to vote in the last election. I myself was a victim of this circumstance, and had to take it upon myself to call the Tallahassee PBA office, and demand they send me a ballot for the election.We know all about their tricks to rig elections, and back door deals with the GOB's! Despite all their efforts to screw us we still managed to put a small wrinkle in their plans, we were able to elect Dave Brinkman as Vice- President ! The GOB's were not happy when this happened! I'm sure Brinkman can tell us all countless stories about being screwed by the GOB's ! I would like to apologise to Brinkman ,because he was a Champion for the voice of the common street cop, and should be recognized for his efforts. Brinkman is a perfect example on how when you go against the GOB's , they will screw you when you try to enter the promotion process. This guy was top three in how many tests they conducted for Sgts, and was never selected . Brinkman fought back with lawsuits, and so to get around those the GOBS created their little selection pool rule! It's amazing how Brinkman supposedly wasn't qualified to be a sgt. here , but when he left he was qualified to be a chief somewhere else! Hear No Evil ! See No Evil ! GOB's!

11-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Guest, let me try clarifying what your hinting at using my station 2 sensory skills! The voting process went like this ! The GOB's in a coordinated effort with their GOB PBA franchise, didn't send the names of eligible PBA voters to Tallahassee ,who they believed were going to vote for Serge. The result of that was they didn't receive ballots to vote in the last election. I myself was a victim of this circumstance, and had to take it upon myself to call the Tallahassee PBA office, and demand they send me a ballot for the election.We know all about their tricks to rig elections, and back door deals with the GOB's!

40cal,
What can we do as members to prevent this from happening again?

11-19-2008, 12:52 AM
Guest, when the election for PBA president comes up and your a paying member of this Barnum & Baily circus union make sure you get a ballot. Make sure your address information is correct prior to this upcoming election. Guest , if you don't get a ballot call up to the headquarters of the PBA in Tallahassee and demand one, and have have your member card in hand , ready to answer questions they might have of you? Number three we need to form a group of street cops we trust , and travel to Tallahassee and be present for the counting of votes, which we have the right to do as members! I hope I answered your question.

Let's get back to the business at hand! All the streets cops probably have already noticed that GOB's are coming to your briefings trying to influence you to vote yes on this revised version of the contract.They're already talking about pushing back time frames for educational requirements, talking about 6% -9% raises all of a sudden. Don't believe this until you see it on paper , and are able to read between the lines. They're going to try a old Hilton Daniels trick on us, Its called DIVIDE & Conquer! The GOB's used this same trick ,to punish guys and gals that jumped over to the F.O.P. Starting B.S. IA's on these cops to make an example of them ,to scare others from jumping off the PBA TITANIC! Its going go like this, the Chief Baker 80 hour work week is now only going to apply to street cops, and specialty units are going to be exempt from this rule. They are trying to persuade specialty units to break their solidarity with street cops, in attempt to be victorious on the contract! GOB's are going to try to scare you young cops with things like ,4 Hour work days , arbitration, and Impass! Let them keep screwing street cops, I smell blue flu days for 4 hour work days, maybe street cops can try a little Reverse Comp-Stat Osmosis , no more changing signal 23's to signal 46"s! No more more Signal 27's being 175's status 15's. Watch the UCR crime rate go to accurate high levels! No more ticket writing for street cops unless We Get The Money We Deserve! Mark my words this revised Contract is going to be about Divide & Conquer! Let's Stay United, We WANT More Money, and we want this 80 hr work plan ,which means no OT for street cops gone! If our requests aren't met Vote NO!, and let's start a vote of no confidence for our PBA President. Let's get together with FMFD , and start a public safety protest in front of the EDISON & Ford estates and see if we can't get the attention of the City Council and news media. No contract means we don't have to follow our no protest agreement with the city! Hear No Evil !, See No Evil ! PBA meeting this Thursday 4'o'clock be there!

11-19-2008, 01:12 AM
Vote NO NO NO. Until this contract benefits the less than 15-20 year cops, we can't vote this contract through. Every year we hemorage more officers to other agencies, we all know why....Money, benefits and fair treatment!!! All you boys and girls on the Sgt's list, don't think that all this will not affect you. Don't become THAT supervisor. We all wear blue and bleed blue. Power to the majority!! :evil:

11-19-2008, 02:23 AM
40 CAL! 40CAL! FOR OUR PROTEST RALLY WE SHOULD USE SOME TWISTED SISTER AS OUR THEME MUSIC! We're not gonna take it- no we ain't gonna take it!
We're not gonna take it --- anymore.

We've got the right to choose and
there ain't no way we're losin
This is our life-
this is our song.
We'll fight the powers that be just
don't pick our destiny cuz-
You dont know us, you don't belong.

We're not gonna take it - no we ain't gonna take it!
We're not gonna take it --- anymore. PBA SUCKS! RIGHT ON BULLWINKLE! VOTE NO!

11-19-2008, 04:12 AM
I know we probably will get hoodwinked again but its great to see them SQUIRM! Emergency PBA meeting!!!! Oh now that we didn't vote in Cecil's lame contract the department needs us to help them! I say stretch this out into the next year if they do not start showing us the respect we deserve. To hell with the city government and their tight pockets. Go use some of that impact money on our salaries and stop beautifying MLK and Palm Beach Blvd. We are the ones who keep this city from becoming the Detroit of the South. :evil:

11-20-2008, 02:04 AM
Take the new folks by the hand and call Tallahassee for them and make sure they are registered. It is not hard to vote those people out, it only takes one more vote!!! If you rely on the PBA boys and golfers, sorry, girls to do it, you will have the same crap. Pay no never mind to propaganda put out by sergeants in briefing. Get smart on who is running. Ask them questions about their goals for the PBA and the agency. It isn't about changing everything immediately; it is about 5, 10, or 15 years down the road. But, keep in mind, things need to change and the biggest changes should happen in pay, benefits, and fixing the promotion selection so that the person scoring the highest on the GOB's promotion testing, get promoted, like civil service. To promote based on race, who you know or ..., or how good you are with wood products and fishing trips, should not be a critera. Lastly, just because you were in SIG, doesn't make you a leader of people.

11-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Emergency meeting! Emergency meeting! HAAAAAAAAAAA! I smell fear in the air, don't think for one minute that the GOB's & PBA are not sensing defeat of another contract ladies and gentleman! The voice of the street cops is being heard loud and clear,thanks to Leo Affairs.Don't think for a minute they don't read this web site, because they all do. This would be a great embarrassment for a newly elected Chief, if this contract doesn't pass! WE ARE NOT GOING TO PUT UP WITH ANOTHER FOUR YEARS OF HILTON DANIELS MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES! Cecil you better come up with something better then this April smoke screen of a raise! The chief's implementation of this 80 hour work plan ,better dissipate off this contract, like one of my farts do after drinking my favorite Irish brew Guinness! I'm still waiting for for all the Chief's supporters like Objectivity, Admin Rep, and Deeznuts to defend the actions of their Boy Wonder ,who's agenda is to screw street cops at all costs!
A little advice to all street cops attending the meeting. The room will be filled with GOB's and GOB followers! Sit down at the meeting , watch , and listen carefully as I'm expecting lots of b.s. to be blown up our rear ends! Do not carelessly spout off at the mouth because , the GOB"S are watching , and you don't want to labeled as a " Rebel Rouser" , because you can expect Serge Ruggio treatment to follow if you start spouting off at the mouth! Watch and listen and bring your thoughts and opinions onto to LEO Affairs, where you don't have to worry about retribution!Read all the posts that have been written on this topic, they are true ,and accurate .Cape P.D.officers are getting paid more than you , and we are dealing with more crime than they are. We have more crime then CCPD, and we are serving almost 100,000 less people then they are. Look at the FDLE 2006-2007 UCR CRIME STATS they do not lie! Cuba Gooding Jr. said it best PBA in the movie "JERRY MCGuire" SHOW ME THE MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! WE WILL VOTE NO TO ANOTHER GOB & PBA KOOL -AID CONTRACT! GOB PBA DO YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT 40cal _666 IS COOKING?

11-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Cape Coral police rally for raises
But city tells union there’s no money for them

http://news-press.com/article/20081120/NEWS0101/811200373/1075

11-21-2008, 03:00 AM
Well patrol the message is clear for all patrol officers the city has no money for you! City council better get LEO certified and start straping guns and badges on their suits, so that can patrol every night club that decides they want have hood rat night every weekend!Let them go play hood rat tag at every gas station, and Section eight housing complex in the city when these fools leave these clubs too! I wonder if the city is going to have money for Easter Parades,Edison light parades, and Downtown New year's Eve Celebrations? Well city manager Mitchell I'm sorry ,but we don't have enough money in the budget to afford you security for those events! Go call Wackenhut , because we rather spend time with our families during the holidays you loser! Its simple vote Yes for a crap contract, or vote No and fight to the end with the possibility of recieving even less crap! Its crap no matter how you dress it up! I don't know about you ,but I fell so so unbeleivably motivated! Calls for Service and 182's why do more than that? Hear No Evil ,See No Evil Street Patrol!

11-21-2008, 04:58 AM
Well patrol the message is clear for all patrol officers the city has no money for you! City council better get LEO certified and start straping guns and badges on their suits, so that can patrol every night club that decides they want have hood rat night every weekend!Let them go play hood rat tag at every gas station, and Section eight housing complex in the city when these fools leave these clubs too! I wonder if the city is going to have money for Easter Parades,Edison light parades, and Downtown New year's Eve Celebrations? Well city manager Mitchell I'm sorry ,but we don't have enough money in the budget to afford you security for those events! Go call Wackenhut , because we rather spend time with our families during the holidays you loser! Its simple vote Yes for a crap contract, or vote No and fight to the end with the possibility of recieving even less crap! Its crap no matter how you dress it up! I don't know about you ,but I fell so so unbeleivably motivated! Calls for Service and 182's why do more than that? Hear No Evil ,See No Evil Street Patrol!

Well, we can always get the county boys to work your beat. They work it better than you girls do now anyhow. :mrgreen:

11-21-2008, 06:32 AM
Thanks for your input donut hunter! Why don't you get back to saving cats out of trees at Whiskey Creek! Don't spill your crispy creme glaze all over your Voice Uniform on the way there. I hear those speed bumps are rough out there! :devil:

11-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Abracadabra....................We have redone the contract and ...........nothing!! Oh but we made sure that the specialty units know they do not need to work 12 hours!!! Maybe that can fix the percentages we need to pass this turd! Absolutely incredible, take this or..........?? or what?? A union is only as strong as its members, unfortunately it is also only as strong as its president. Cecil, honestly do you think you helped us in this contract?
How do you sleep at night knowing we pay tens of thousands of dollars a year for a PBA that does S":t!! I say go back and get us something more, but you are just playing the numbers game and hoping this time you will have enough to pass this crap! VOTE NO!

Donut hunter, I did not forget about you, If you are a cop you're not much of one. It is about a brotherhood and not your insecurities.

11-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Well street cops 40 cal is going to accept defeat today on behalf of the Anti -Gob PBA LEO AFFAIRS Coalition for a better Ft. Myers Police Department. I can't blame you for voting yes ,even though I didn't hesitate to vote no on this contract again. The GOB's and the GOB PBA went to great lengths to intimidate your vote to a yes! The GOB's had a special supervisors meeting where the top leader gave strict instructions to supervisors to force a yes vote during all briefings using all the the following techniques mentioned in my earlier posts, 4hour work day, the city will take away your step plan, and Impasse crap. Then to top it all off all off I hear Sgt. C.I.T. was handing out ballots in the hallway at 10-19 , and every time a cop received a ballot, SGT. C.I.T. was holding the news-press article referring to the Cape Coral Police Department telling our voters that CCPD was not getting raises. Let tell you something Sgt. C.I.T. the Cape is making more money than us, and yet they still want more. CCPD street cops are led by FOP and they have the backing of their union , who is not afraid to go to Impasse to fight for its members! Its pretty obvious who the best union in SW florida is! CCPD FOP! CCPD F.O.P. the first union in the area to Implement the step plan , buy -outs, and to fight for its union members for higher wages ! Maybe the GOB PBA should have worked just as hard on our contract as they did trying to intimidate voters to vote yes for a B.S. contract. Whether you voted yes or no is your right as members , but one thing you all should know is that The GOB PBA President worked a back door deal up in Tallahassee, and he is here to lead this union until 2012! I ask all street cops how does that sit in your stomach? We have two choices let this same guy lead our union, and or start the process for a vote of no confidence! 2009 is going to worst than 2008 , and ask all members of this union are you going to be willing to give even more next contract? I challenge the PBA president on this web site to put his spot up for Re-Election , and at the end of the election if he wins again I will RETIRE Off this web site! I promise you defeat Cecil! I will work to my very last breathe to make sure you don't stay as the leader of this union! I have friends who are members of this union in Lee, Hendry , and Collier and they are not happy with you! Hear No Evil, SEE No Evil GOB's!

11-26-2008, 02:01 AM
WOW! Cecil needs to go. :oops: