PDA

View Full Version : Session

11-12-2008, 05:58 PM
FYI: From FHP site.

FHP LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PLAN

Department Tags It "Top Priority" for Upcoming Session

It is not a popular move at the Florida Capital, asking for increased funinding in the midst of slash-and-burn budget cutting at state agencies throughout Florida. But the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has done just that: asking for a 3.7% increase - in large part - to develop and fund a Florida Highway Patrol Leadership Development Plan, which the Department has listed as its number one priority for the 2009 Legislative Session.

The plan would provide for graduated compensation increases for sworn members of the Florida Highway Patrol by creating tiers within the trooper, corporal and sergeant ranks.

Troopers would then have the opportunity to advance through the tiers by availing themselves of additional education, training and experience.

11-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Where is Matt Tyre. It seems he is absent. Isn't he FWC. Maybe you guys can get hold of him and tell him to grow some balls for our bargaining union. It appears he is going to let the FHP Chapter walk all over us again this year and do nothing to try and get us anything. FHP gets what they want because they have a plan and lots of support. Hell, they even get support from our bargaining chapter. Where are you Tyre, sleeping on the job again this year. How about returning e-mails Tyre. I think we need to vote him out and get us someone with balls who is willing to stand up at a board meeting and not be a yes man and say what needs to be said.

Hello Tyre, where are you???????

11-19-2008, 12:18 AM
You voted for PBA back in, and now that is what you have. When IUPA was in - you could get a-hold of someone and FWC was always in the newsletters as well as the other state agencies.

Now, why do you think Tally. admin. wanted PBA back in so bad........wake up!

11-20-2008, 01:38 PM
You voted for PBA back in, and now that is what you have. When IUPA was in - you could get a-hold of someone and FWC was always in the newsletters as well as the other state agencies.

I was the previous poster and I did not vote for PBA. I wanted IUPA. I was not part of the sheep that were fooled by PBA. Tyre sucks, he needs to go.

11-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Use your brains. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that FWC LE is not going to get any pay raises for at least 3 years. Do I need to explain why the counties and cities are in a better position than the state when the economy is struggling? Hopefully you people aren't that retarded. Just keep waiting around hoping things will get better. Ask some of the 20 and 25 years officers how that worked out for them. I can only take so much of getting slapped in the face.

11-20-2008, 04:24 PM

I was the previous poster and I did not vote for PBA. I wanted IUPA. I was not part of the sheep that were fooled by PBA. Tyre sucks, he needs to go.
Take a good look at Matt Tyre or Jeff Gier. This is the image we show to the legislature. Now put them in cowboy hats and marshal badges. Home, hommme on the range.....where the deer...

11-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Use your brains. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that FWC LE is not going to get any pay raises for at least 3 years. Do I need to explain why the counties and cities are in a better position than the state when the economy is struggling? Hopefully you people aren't that retarded. Just keep waiting around hoping things will get better. Ask some of the 20 and 25 years officers how that worked out for them. I can only take so much of getting slapped in the face.

And the counties are doing great. I have friends who are now paying for take home cars with the counties. I have now heard counties are doing hiring freezes, I hear they are raising insurance. Don't give me the counties are great crap, you have to worry about your job every 4 years and everything changes. Some counties pay better, but not all. To say everything is great with the counties is BS and I call you out on it.

If you are an FWC officer, get lost and go get a county job. Hope you get to keep it when Charlie stops sending them money and gives them unfunded mandates. Not all counties are great, and yes, we need to oust Tyre he has no balls and is an idiot. He won't stand up for us so lets get someone who will.

11-20-2008, 06:34 PM

And the counties are doing great. I have friends who are now paying for take home cars with the counties. I have now heard counties are doing hiring freezes, I hear they are raising insurance. Don't give me the counties are great crap, you have to worry about your job every 4 years and everything changes. Some counties pay better, but not all. To say everything is great with the counties is BS and I call you out on it.

If you are an FWC officer, get lost and go get a county job. Hope you get to keep it when Charlie stops sending them money and gives them unfunded mandates. Not all counties are great, and yes, we need to oust Tyre he has no balls and is an idiot. He won't stand up for us so lets get someone who will.

All the counties and cities in my area are still hiring. regardless, my advice is to go fed

11-20-2008, 10:04 PM
The SO in my area just got an 11% raise and they are still hiring. And 2 out of 3 of the PD's just got nice raises. These are just pay raises. Not cost of living raises. I believe they got their yearly cost of living raise too. FWC is getting a cost of living raise at least this year right?