PDA

View Full Version : Jan 05, 2009 Academy

11-12-2008, 05:07 PM
I took my 2nd Poly almost 2 months ago and have not heard anything yet.
I was told that they are doing everyones Poly again because it expires
after 1 year.
Has anyone done there 2nd poly? and heard back yet from anyone?
There is only about a month and a half before the next Academy starts
according to this site.
Please respond in a civil manner. Please no sarcastic remarks.
Thank you

11-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but the county is running out of money and corrections is currently running classes at our academy. You may have to wait longer. I heard a rumor that 75 people are in the same boat as you. Thank all the wonderful Floridians that voted to cut back on the property taxes making county wide employee layoffs and budget cuts.

11-13-2008, 03:48 PM
after 1 year.
according to this site.
Thank you

Maybe they found out that you are a liar. So sorry, better luck next time. Fool.

11-13-2008, 07:47 PM
after 1 year.
according to this site.
Thank you

Maybe they found out that you are a liar. So sorry, better luck next time. Fool.

Ohh buddy you again....get a life loser....I bet you couldn't get on with the county....LOSER
What a loser....hey buddie come on if you need to get a date what don't you call 1-900-LONELY1

11-15-2008, 01:25 AM
Brown clowns!!!!!!!!! :lol:

11-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I have passed everything that Miami-Dade has sent me to.
Everyone has to retake Poly again.
It expires after 1 year. If they had a class last year alot of
us would not have to redo the Poly.
Thank you

11-18-2008, 01:16 AM
Uh, ok.

11-18-2008, 05:09 AM
I got a better idea forgo all the new hiring and use that money to buy all the road officers glock 40's and ar15's. :devil:

11-18-2008, 03:27 PM
How about buying me a beer?

11-20-2008, 09:28 PM
The rumor now is that the academy might start now in late January or maybe March. Has anyone else outthere heard any different?

11-23-2008, 02:56 AM
I spoke to someone yesterday and they told me the same thing. Late January, they didnt tell me anything about March, Just Late January.

11-23-2008, 04:34 PM
it's just one big waiting game boys.good luck to everyone.

11-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Does anyone know if they took the second psych out?

11-24-2008, 10:59 PM
I doubt that......but the one thing you should worry about is academies for next year otherwise people are going to be retaking the tests nonstop.......

11-24-2008, 11:51 PM
yea I got tired of waiting, so I found out the college in key west has a academy so Im currently attending as a self sponsor so hopefully I can latral over.

11-25-2008, 08:57 PM
[quote:2ygod1jt]yea I got tired of waiting, so I found out the college in key west has a academy so Im currently attending as a self sponsor so hopefully I can latral over[/quote:2ygod1jt]
So do you think that the county will pick you up after being certified somewhere else? lets say you get certified and then the county says hey your number is up time to go to the academy, and you tell them your certified........

11-26-2008, 12:57 AM
With the County, you only qualify as a lateral if you State of FL certified AND have 1 year of sworn experience. If you are certified through a self-sponsored academy and haven't been picked up yet, you'll go through the full MDPD academy.

11-26-2008, 09:19 PM
With the County, you only qualify as a lateral if you State of FL certified AND have 1 year of sworn experience. If you are certified through a self-sponsored academy and haven't been picked up yet, you'll go through the full MDPD academy.
But wouldn't that be kind of doing the same thing twice, given the fact that you could have just graduated your academy, why would you have to do it again? I mean the chapters, DT, Firearms, the driving, all that comes from the same FDLE books so how is that?

12-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Has anybody been invited to the Jan 09 Academy yet?
or have been contacted after our 2nd Polys?
I have not heard anything yet from my BI after my 2nd
poly 2 months ago.
What is left to do after the Poly?

12-05-2008, 04:19 PM
poly 2 months ago.
Dude....call 471-1945 and find out if you passed and then relax if you did.....
what do you mean invited to the Jan 09 Academy?

12-05-2008, 07:30 PM
I just found out I passed. Now to the next step!!

poly 2 months ago.
Dude....call 471-1945 and find out if you passed and then relax if you did.....
what do you mean invited to the Jan 09 Academy?

12-05-2008, 09:59 PM
[quote="guest0708"]I just found out I passed. Now to the next step!!

congrats budd....now all you have to do is be patient......

12-06-2008, 03:10 AM
I cleared my background this week and my file was sent to the chain for sign-off.

12-06-2008, 04:30 AM
I guess you boy's will start asking for your unmarked car and specialized unit next... :evil:

12-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Jan and March Class is full

12-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Really?

No wonder the background investigator was trying to dissuade me from accepting another job in the department. Similar testing as PO`s. Because of this, I`m thinking that they`ll forego the psych and the poly. And if that`s the case, then I`ll be able to skip ahead of the current batch of applicants for "this" job. :?:

12-06-2008, 05:48 PM
I just found out I passed. Now to the next step!!

congrats budd....now all you have to do is be patient......

Thank you.
I guess my next step is Pysc and physicial. What is the psyc and physicial consist of?

12-06-2008, 07:01 PM

How do you know this?

12-07-2008, 02:08 AM
People have been hired for months now.
If your still taking exams and repeats and your file hasnt been approved yet, You might be able to get into the academy after the March Class.
Thats why Jan and March classes are full, "hired" people go first.

Good Luck though

12-07-2008, 06:11 AM
But wouldn't that be kind of doing the same thing twice, given the fact that you could have just graduated your academy, why would you have to do it again? I mean the chapters, DT, Firearms, the driving, all that comes from the same FDLE books so how is that?
when you come from a self-sponsored academy and are picked up by MDPD, there is no second academy. the only thing you have to do is the regular fto program that the new graduates have to do when they come to a district, which is 4 months long. after that you'll be set free

12-07-2008, 03:18 PM
With the county you need at least 1 year off of probation with another agency to lateral over otherwise you must do our academy no if and or but. Self sponsored is a waste of time unless you want to go to a small agency and if you are applying at the county is because you have dreams of becoming a big city po. Wi the the budget and economy the way it is going take any dept that will hire you. Buggers can not be choosers.

12-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Not with that spelling

12-09-2008, 09:43 PM
who ever took a 2nd poly because it expaired, did you get your conditional offer of employment before you had to retake it?

12-10-2008, 01:01 AM
I was advised that I had to do a 2nd poly because it expired.
I was told that over 100 people had to retake it.
I did not get a cond offer. yet.

12-11-2008, 06:02 PM
So any word on when the county is going to start hiring again? What about number of academys for next year? Anything?????

12-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Who cares..........Do you really want to be a Brown Clown? Hey you can work at the Hammocks where you can F--- over other P.O.'S. Be all you can be.........
Handle 17's and 25's rescue a cat out of a tree.

Maybe they will put you at the front desk and you can screw up all the walkin reports.....

12-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Brown clowns are the funniest!

12-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Ignorance.............
Anyhow anyone out there with any info at all?

12-15-2008, 07:19 PM
class will start at end of Jan confirmed

12-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Ignorance.............

It's not ignorance brown clown want to be. Its a fact.

12-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Ignorance.............

It's not ignorance brown clown want to be. Its a fact.

Ok, how about this if you hate so much the county what are you doing constantly checking this site? I know why i do it and that's bc I do want to be part of the County...My guess you just an applicant reject that just couldn't make it...sorry dude..

12-17-2008, 01:26 AM
You check this sight cause you sit at home and watch Cops, first 48 which may I say I have never sen any brown clowns there. I wonder why..........

Bottom line is your a (PET ROCK) and to ignorant and green to know what that is.

Face it dude, the county is a joke.............

12-26-2008, 12:18 AM
Academy Date: January 26th Confirmed

01-11-2009, 01:50 AM
Hey bro, I made over $ 94,000 last year with the county and thats no joke! by the way, where do you work, cause if you work with the county and yu hate it so much, all you have to do is quit, if you dont, then you can say whatever you want i guess