PDA

View Full Version : Credit Check

11-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Need some advice or knowledge from a LEO. I am looking to move into law enforcement next year and I am doing as much research as I can on qualifications. I have a super clean backround and always maintained a high credit score. I recently had to close a side business due to the down turn in the economy. There is debt that I am going to have to deal with. I am concerned about the credit checks that all agencies do. Iam working with the bank/creditor and an attorney to be responsible moving forward. Is this honest problem going to hurt me ? Thanks to all who read and post answers to help out others.

11-11-2008, 08:23 PM
we don't do credit checks

11-12-2008, 02:01 PM
If true, that FWC does not perform a simple credit check to reveal major debt issues that could prevent corruption in the future. Well, then all I can say is that FWC standards are not what I thought they were. So much for being proactive and trying to nip something in the bud before it happens. But, then again, the economy has turned for the worse and most will seek higher paying positions with SO/PD but cannot pass the hiring process. Come to FWC, they take anyone......