PDA

View Full Version : CONTRACT

11-08-2008, 04:41 PM
WHO IS VOTING YES?

11-08-2008, 11:12 PM
WHO IS VOTING YES?

You better vote yes to whatever City Hall offers because thats all your going to get....

11-09-2008, 02:40 AM
Lets end the stealing the DB has been doing, vote yes! Is it true the Sgts are asking for a 15% raise? Wow, greedy?

11-10-2008, 04:44 AM
im am voting yes, the city is giving us a good offer. Hopefully our wonderful FOP can speed this up so some of us can have money for Christmas. THE CITY IS GIVING US A VERY GOOD OFFER WE NEED TO ACCEPT THIS CONTRACT!! :) :devil:

11-14-2008, 04:00 AM
i think its a crappy offer, remember that meeting with City Manager, he said he wanted to get us on the upper percentile in the county. well with this raise we will not, we will always be behind the 8 -ball compared to other PDs, some of us understand we dont work for a boca PD, Coral Springs PD, with a huge tax base, but we hump calls like opalacka, and other nasty hoods in this tri county area. What i dont understand is why is the FD the second highest paid FD in the county and still are under a same type of low tax base as them.
I understand to the newer guys its a substantail amount of raise, but we are loosing a lot. we are loosing this biggest thing "total compensation", which very few to no other PDs offer. our "compensation package" is even promoted in the City website as a selling point to join LPD, they keep taking away these pluses in our contracts, eventually we will have. if you do the math of what they want us to give up for the slight raise, it not worth it. Im saying No to the contract. I say if they could hook up the FD, they can hook us up.

11-14-2008, 01:49 PM
i think its a crappy offer, remember that meeting with City Manager, he said he wanted to get us on the upper percentile in the county. well with this raise we will not, we will always be behind the 8 -ball compared to other PDs, some of us understand we dont work for a boca PD, Coral Springs PD, with a huge tax base, but we hump calls like opalacka, and other nasty hoods in this tri county area. What i dont understand is why is the FD the second highest paid FD in the county and still are under a same type of low tax base as them.
I understand to the newer guys its a substantail amount of raise, but we are loosing a lot. we are loosing this biggest thing "total compensation", which very few to no other PDs offer. our "compensation package" is even promoted in the City website as a selling point to join LPD, they keep taking away these pluses in our contracts, eventually we will have. if you do the math of what they want us to give up for the slight raise, it not worth it. Im saying No to the contract. I say if they could hook up the FD, they can hook us up.

As sad as it is you'll never get what the FD gets. The City Manager gets a pension fron the FD so of course they're going to get it all. Nothing the PD gets affects anyone at City Hall so don't think you'll ever get what you deserve. As unfair as it is don't think it will happen. :cry:

11-15-2008, 12:20 AM
And the sad part of this all is that Faranda reads this and knows that we know how he benefits from the FD contract. He knows that we are under paid. He knows that we are struggling and that we have historically given in every time we during contract negotiations to take one for the team.

We have taken one for the team every time while the FD benefits. He knows that we would look bad if we went to the public crying about our pay and benefits while the FD is not phased by any of the budget cuts.

The worst thing that Faranda knows is that we are not unified and will give in again on this contract. Faranda knows that we are quick to turn on each other like traffic. Those numbers on the pay scale look about as good as honey in a spider web. Go for it rookies, vote yes. Hey Faranda, I know we don't matter to you so up yours!

11-15-2008, 04:36 PM
We too are very much to blame as we have always allowed being under paid. I do not know who is doing the math but if you have crappy pay your retirement is .70% of crappy! The only people that benefit from the current contract are the ones who get unlimited overtime and Sergeants with better pay as they can make up from the crappy pay we officers get! Vote for money in your pockets now and the eventual end of total compensation. Next few contracts we can cap these compensation benefits and rely on big base pay for retirement. Every other PD does not have total comp and good caps and they have awesome retirements! Don’t be fooled by the rhetoric of total compensation because a great salary now is just as good or better in the end.

11-16-2008, 02:14 PM
We too are very much to blame as we have always allowed being under paid. I do not know who is doing the math but if you have crappy pay your retirement is .70% of crappy! The only people that benefit from the current contract are the ones who get unlimited overtime and Sergeants with better pay as they can make up from the crappy pay we officers get! Vote for money in your pockets now and the eventual end of total compensation. Next few contracts we can cap these compensation benefits and rely on big base pay for retirement. Every other PD does not have total comp and good caps and they have awesome retirements! Don’t be fooled by the rhetoric of total compensation because a great salary now is just as good or better in the end.Your a retard. Go to another agency without total comp and leave our benefits alone if you hate total comp so much.

11-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Your a retard for being so under paid for so many years and why should he/she or I go any place when the majority of us wany better pay? Guess you will be upset when people with sense vote. Good luck!

11-17-2008, 02:40 AM
Your a retard for being so under paid for so many years and why should he/she or I go any place when the majority of us wany better pay? Guess you will be upset when people with sense vote. Good luck!I am a rookie just like you. The only difference is that I look in to such financial matters because I don't trust either side. What you don't grasp is that the city will always play games with our money. What do you think happened in the last 5 contracts since Lauderhill became its own PD? The city gives you a nice fireworks show that amuses the majority then when its all over, you realize that you just took it up the chute. We will get our raise, at a cost. I am prepared to get a second job until this gets handled the right way. I am tired of scraping every year just to survive and that is where the city will keep us until we take a stand for once. Don't be fooled by that sweet looking deal they are trying to sell us, it will cost us and we will be back in the same boat or broke when we retire. Lets not take 2 steps back to take 1 step forward. Do some research before you vote.

11-18-2008, 01:50 AM
Why do we stay if we have no trust in the City? I honestly have no idea if I could even stay here until I retire so honestly pay me now and if they don't change someone else can drive my piece of crap car and patrol the crime infested streets. Bottom line what they pay now is crap and they have paid crap for 14 years so do you expect me not to take the money now?

11-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Both sides (yes and no) have valid concerns, but in todays economy we need to start looking at the future. If you DO NOT "secure" you future, you will never retire and have to continue to work hard at an eldrely age just to make ends meet. Save your pension!

I am willing to vote No with a large raise or not in order to save my pension.

Remember the more money you make, the more you will spend, so if a yes vote passes, a year from now you'll be crying broke again and you WONT have a desirable pension, think about it.

As far as Sgt's being greedy... the money is yours TOO, unless you plan to never advance your career and 10-65 for 20 yrs. You decide.
And who's being greedy...? If the younger officers vote yes, the older officers and those one year from retirement are screwed and for what, so they can make a buck now and cry poor mouth later or leave anyway?

Tha City has always stuck it in our chute, its time WE as a brotherhood, stand up against the City and vote No, stop letting take advantage of you and laughing all the way to the bank.

Just so know the City is looking for approval to spend $150,000 on a bathroom! for Jackie Gleason Park and $754,000 on improvements to the Sadkin Center, but claim no money for the officers and need to cut benefits? Now I will admit it is unk at this time where the money is coming from (other budget or grants) but its worth looking into.

The minds that sit on the City's side of the negotiation table are the same ones that support Margret Bates but fire SV. Hmmmm

11-27-2008, 12:38 AM
Also the current salary proposal by the City puts LPD at 7th in the County... Are we the 7th busiest or higher? HIGHER

Additionally, the CM promised 3rd highest paid, then that turned into the 1/3 highest, now we are at approx 1/2.

And coincidentally, "a" Commissioner was allegedly overheard saying "When the Dept represents the citizens of LH more, than they'll get a good raise". True or False, I personally dont know. But from the consistent and constant allegations made about her it wouldnt surprise me and look what happened to salary offer.

11-27-2008, 01:11 AM
We too are very much to blame as we have always allowed being under paid. I do not know who is doing the math but if you have crappy pay your retirement is .70% of crappy! The only people that benefit from the current contract are the ones who get unlimited overtime and Sergeants with better pay as they can make up from the crappy pay we officers get! Vote for money in your pockets now and the eventual end of total compensation. Next few contracts we can cap these compensation benefits and rely on big base pay for retirement. Every other PD does not have total comp and good caps and they have awesome retirements! Don’t be fooled by the rhetoric of total compensation because a great salary now is just as good or better in the end.Your a retard. Go to another agency without total comp and leave our benefits alone if you hate total comp so much.

Definitely a retard! How is anything other than total comp compared "awesome" compared to total comp?!
And a great salary in then end will do nothing for you when your not collecting a salary :?
"Next few contracts"... If you actually think your gonna get back what took 12yrs to get in a pension your more than retarded.

11-27-2008, 05:36 PM
THIS CITY MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE. CF IS A GREEDY GRINCH AND THE COMMISION WOULDN'T SPIT ON A COP IF HE OR SHE WERE ON FIRE. BATES IS WORSE THAN HITLER AND THE KKK ROLLED IN ONE. I HAVE NEVER MET SUCH A RACIST. SHES GOT A NASTY GRUDGE AND BELONGS NOWHERE NEAR A PUBLIC OFFICE WITH THAT INEQUAL ATTITUDE. ALL SHE DOES IS CREATE RACIAL TENSION.