PDA

View Full Version : NEW CAPTAIN PROMO

11-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Captain Suggs,

Congratulations to you. You will do great.

From,
The rest of DEP

11-10-2008, 02:26 AM
Sounds like someone from BEI. You wounder why you did'nt get captain. For one Suggs is spelled Suggs not slug and two, you would fail in this position knowing that you would actually have to do some work.

11-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Congrats on your promotion Capitan Slug, it's going to be short lived, you got to love this place lot's of oppurtunites to move up quick. And no I wont feel bad for getting you fired, its my job.

:devil: :devil: :devil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Good luck with that. The new Captain is squared away. He also knows how to treat people. Sure sounds like sour grapes to me. Have a nice day.

11-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey what happened to Inspector Gadget? Is the inspector out getting someone fired? What power.

11-13-2008, 08:17 PM
That was fast 357! 24 hours, not 48. I guess we all know who is being protected (as if it were a mystery). Just hope that one gets to court one day and has a defense attorney attempt to decipher a narrative to a judge and / or jury. What a bright day for us all!

11-14-2008, 07:39 AM
Hey what happened to Inspector Gadget? Is the inspector out getting someone fired? What power.

POWER, PLENTY MOD SQUAD WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO KNOW. HOW INTERESTING TWO POST REMOVED, GUESS LT. FEATHER'S AND A/LT CTRENTH NOT TO SPELLING THEIR NAMES RIGHT IF THATS HOW THEY ARE GETTING IT REMOVED, WERE YOU TOUCHED BY THE POST THAT HARD. OR YOU SLUG WAS MOVED BY IT'S TRUTH, WE SHALL ALL FIND OUT IN THE MONTH'S TO COME. HEY FEATHER'S ARE YOU WORKING ON SCEME TO TAKE CAPT. DOWN LIKE YOU DID KATHY, ANY GOOD INFO YOU COULD SEND UP ANONYMUSLY LIKE BEFORE. ARE YOUR FEELINGS HURT YET, YOU CAN TELL ME I AM YOUR FRIEND. HEY FEATHERS YOU AIN'T SMART AT ALL, SO STOP ACTING LIKE A SMART GUY. I WONDER WHO WAS SO DISTURBED BY TRUTH THAT HAD POST REMOVED SO FAST, WHO CANN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT WONDERING IF THE NEXT DAY IS WHEN THEY ARE PUT UNDER INVESTIGATION. WELL AN INVESTIGATION IS GOING ON NOW IN THE S.E. REGION AND LOTS OF THINGS COMING TO LIGHT, LOTS OF THINGS. WELL INSPECTOR NEEDS TO GET BACK TO WORK, GUYS ANY THING TO SAY JUST WRITE BACK I AM ALWAYS LISTENING, DIRT ON ANYONE I AM ALWAYS HERE TO SWEEP IT UP. THESE POST'S ARE REALLY HELPFUL WHEN YOUR DIGGING THINGS UP, THATS MY JOB.

P.S LETS SEE IF THIS POST GETS ERASED!

GOOD NIGHT GUYS
SINCERLY
I.G.
:cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:

11-14-2008, 07:42 AM
Congrats on your promotion Capitan Slug, it's going to be short lived, you got to love this place lot's of oppurtunites to move up quick. And no I wont feel bad for getting you fired, its my job.

ONE OF THE POST REMOVED SO FAST, WO DONE IT AND WHY?

ANY TAKERS PLEASE SPEAK UP, INTERESTING.

:devil: :devil: :devil:

JUST SHARING, INSPECTOR MIGHT BE RIGHT, THE POT IS COOKING!

11-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Sounds like someone from BEI. You wounder why you did'nt get captain. For one Suggs is spelled Suggs not slug and two, you would fail in this position knowing that you would actually have to do some work.

SURE WORK, YOU GUYS DON'T DO SH-T. I SPELL IT SLUG, ITS A FREE COUNTRY UNDER GOD. FAIL ME NEVER I ALWAYS SUCCEED, ALWAYS ITS MY NATURE AND I'LL PROVE IT JUST WAIT AND SEE. USELESS DEPARTMENT HOPE GOVERNOR SEE IT AND CUTS BUDGET 100%, YOUR NOT NEEDED RAGERS CAN DO THE JOB FINE THEN CALL 911 LIKE THEY DO NOW. YOU GUYS NEVER IN PARK WHEN YOUR NEEDED ALWAYS SOME EXCUSE. 10-8 SITTING AT HOME, WHEN IT GOING TO END, USELESS BUNCH. THATS WHY THEY PAY YOU PENUTS.

11-14-2008, 10:45 PM
That was fast 357! 24 hours, not 48. I guess we all know who is being protected (as if it were a mystery). Just hope that one gets to court one day and has a defense attorney attempt to decipher a narrative to a judge and / or jury. What a bright day for us all!

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/law/CAREERS/index.htm

What are you worried about? You have got to charge someone with a violation in order for a judge and / or jury to decipher a narrative. Look at the above website this is the most work she has done since she was employed by DEP. :roll:

11-14-2008, 10:55 PM
[quote="Mod Squad":cglb3811]Hey what happened to Inspector Gadget? Is the inspector out getting someone fired? What power.

POWER, PLENTY MOD SQUAD WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO KNOW. HOW INTERESTING TWO POST REMOVED, GUESS LT. FEATHER'S AND A/LT CTRENTH NOT TO SPELLING THEIR NAMES RIGHT IF THATS HOW THEY ARE GETTING IT REMOVED, WERE YOU TOUCHED BY THE POST THAT HARD. OR YOU SLUG WAS MOVED BY IT'S TRUTH, WE SHALL ALL FIND OUT IN THE MONTH'S TO COME. HEY FEATHER'S ARE YOU WORKING ON SCEME TO TAKE CAPT. DOWN LIKE YOU DID KATHY, ANY GOOD INFO YOU COULD SEND UP ANONYMUSLY LIKE BEFORE. ARE YOUR FEELINGS HURT YET, YOU CAN TELL ME I AM YOUR FRIEND. HEY FEATHERS YOU AIN'T SMART AT ALL, SO STOP ACTING LIKE A SMART GUY. I WONDER WHO WAS SO DISTURBED BY TRUTH THAT HAD POST REMOVED SO FAST, WHO CANN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT WONDERING IF THE NEXT DAY IS WHEN THEY ARE PUT UNDER INVESTIGATION. WELL AN INVESTIGATION IS GOING ON NOW IN THE S.E. REGION AND LOTS OF THINGS COMING TO LIGHT, LOTS OF THINGS. WELL INSPECTOR NEEDS TO GET BACK TO WORK, GUYS ANY THING TO SAY JUST WRITE BACK I AM ALWAYS LISTENING, DIRT ON ANYONE I AM ALWAYS HERE TO SWEEP IT UP. THESE POST'S ARE REALLY HELPFUL WHEN YOUR DIGGING THINGS UP, THATS MY JOB.

P.S LETS SEE IF THIS POST GETS ERASED!

GOOD NIGHT GUYS
SINCERLY
I.G.
:cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:[/quote:cglb3811]

Well tell us about the investigation that is ongoing in the S.E. Region?

11-15-2008, 02:41 AM
[quote="Mod Squad":2yxnjua1]Hey what happened to Inspector Gadget? Is the inspector out getting someone fired? What power.[/quote:2yxnjua1]

T, are you ever going to learn to spell? Or write a grammatically correct sentence? Whoever is removing your posts is doing you a favor because you are embarassing yourself (and lots of other people who work here). You obviously didn't see what else was removed. People are trying not to hurt your feelings. It's quite sad, really.

And no, I will not have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. You're pathetic.

Ok 357, delete this before the tears start.

11-15-2008, 02:51 AM
[quote="Good Guys":1qt3xgor]Sounds like someone from BEI. You wounder why you did'nt get captain. For one S is spelled S not slug and two, you would fail in this position knowing that you would actually have to do some work.

SURE WORK, YOU GUYS DON'T DO SH-T. I SPELL IT SLUG, ITS A FREE COUNTRY UNDER GOD. FAIL ME NEVER I ALWAYS SUCCEED, ALWAYS ITS MY NATURE AND I'LL PROVE IT JUST WAIT AND SEE. USELESS DEPARTMENT HOPE GOVERNOR SEE IT AND CUTS BUDGET 100%, YOUR NOT NEEDED RAGERS CAN DO THE JOB FINE THEN CALL 911 LIKE THEY DO NOW. YOU GUYS NEVER IN PARK WHEN YOUR NEEDED ALWAYS SOME EXCUSE. 10-8 SITTING AT HOME, WHEN IT GOING TO END, USELESS BUNCH. THATS WHY THEY PAY YOU PENUTS.[/quote:1qt3xgor]

Hey RAZ O D! You are really smart. How many arrests did you make this month? How many people have you put bracelets on this year? Try Lexipro, it works for some folks.

Maybe you bit off more than you can chew. At least you have people around to protect you and love you so you never have to work alone. Is "K" the way you spell "K"? You sure have alot to say about folks whose names you don't know. Keep on writing your incoherent babble in caps so you can dispel any doubt about your intelligence.

Rock on.

11-15-2008, 03:16 AM

ONE OF THE POST REMOVED SO FAST, WO DONE IT AND WHY?

ANY TAKERS PLEASE SPEAK UP, INTERESTING.

:devil: :devil: :devil:

JUST SHARING, INSPECTOR MIGHT BE RIGHT, THE POT IS COOKING!

The post was removed by a moderator because it made the writer look like an idiot. You hate S and S (yes, this is how their names are spelled) because they honestly evaluated you and found your skills lacking. You were shipped upstate where you are protected to this day.

Stop embarassing yourself. Everyone knows who you are.

11-17-2008, 01:30 AM
It is a sad day when S can evaluate anyone and find them lacking. Great guy in the woods. Put him down in John Lloyd, Cape Florida, or any other busy park and he is lost. Let's be careful about who we trust to evaluate other agency employees.

11-17-2008, 09:14 PM
It is a sad day when S can evaluate anyone and find them lacking. Great guy in the woods. Put him down in John Lloyd, Cape Florida, or any other busy park and he is lost. Let's be careful about who we trust to evaluate other agency employees.

Are we being a bit judgemental here?
It seems that if you are able to judge J S capabilities as a Lieutenant, you must then be at least Captain material?
Worry about you and what you do, and leave the driving to us.

11-19-2008, 05:32 PM

Actually he is a decent judge of a shooter. He's also a pretty good investigator too. Keep scratching out your UTCs and wishing you were a trooper. Also keep defending someone who can't shoot, drive, write a report or talk on the radio. You're in good company.

11-19-2008, 10:37 PM

R, are you still pissed you don't get to take sick leave to play golf anymore? We hear you're not exactly a rocket scientist either. I mean, having your picture published in a local mag while attending a girl party in south beach (while on extended sick leave) ain't einsteinian. You milk it girl!

11-19-2008, 11:35 PM
It is a sad day when Strength can evaluate anyone and find them lacking. Great guy in the woods. Put him down in John Lloyd, Cape Florida, or any other busy park and he is lost. Let's be careful about who we trust to evaluate other agency employees.

R, are you still pissed you don't get to take sick leave to play golf anymore? We hear you're not exactly a rocket scientist either. I mean, having your picture published in a local mag while attending a girl party in south beach (while on extended sick leave) ain't einsteinian. You milk it girl!

Which local magazine did the photograph appear? Why wasn't she hired by the P.D., down south? You hear all kinds of rumors in the field and no one tells you the truth about what happened.

Waiting to here from you. :)

11-24-2008, 12:14 AM

Which local magazine did the photograph appear? Why wasn't she hired by the P.D., down south? You hear all kinds of rumors in the field and no one tells you the truth about what happened.

Waiting to here from you. :)

Unfortunately, the picture (some of my best work, btw) was in a publication found in alternative lifestyle establishments several months ago. Most, if not all, have been long since recycled, I'm sure. However, her arm was in a sling while attending a "white" party, where all the lovely ladies wear the prescribed color.

As far as the application to the other PD, when asked by that department whether leave had ever been used inappropriately, the reply was yes, sick leave granted to tee off with the former captain. Rocket scientst, indeed!

12-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Captain Suggs,

From,
The rest of DEP

On the subject of Captains, what ever happened to that good for nothing,park ranger of a captain in the SW district? Last I heard, he was using his annual leave to practice shot glass curls.

When the time comes, I hope neither of those worthless Lts get the job of Captain, especially Lt. class A uniform, illegal writing UTC, Expedition driving fool.

12-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Let's not get to judgemental. Don't be so hard on the Lt. You have to look at the big picture. If the Lt. you are referring to does not get promoted or does not retire soon, how can his "boy" get promoted? He is already being groomed for the position. Just ask him. Hell, he is already acting as though he is the Lt..It used to be the Lt. running unchecked by the the Capt.. Now, it is both of them.

The Corporal has sooooo much "paperwork" to do that he has to pawn his patrol duties off on the new officers at Honeymoon Island Police Department. I do find it disrespectful to the other officers on his squad, when tells other officers to do the work that he does not have time to do, and is seen,later in the day, eating lunch with the Lt. and doing their personal errands outside the park. I guess that is the benefit of those that are invited to the bonfire parties at the Lt.'s house. The parties that only select officers get invited to attend. I find it a little hard to believe that an officer that spends so much personal time with the Lt. off duty does not get treated differently on duty.

Having the AD's home phone and personal cell phone on speed dial does not hurt either. I am sure all those after work evening phone calls - that we are all sick of hearing about, by the way - would cause a person to believe that they might have a little more "freedom" than the normal officer.

Don't forget.......just because someone has their head shoved up a Lt's a$$ does not make them a Lt. when they are $hit out and hit the ground.

12-10-2008, 02:12 AM
Captain Suggs,

From,
The rest of DEP

On the subject of Captains, what ever happened to that good for nothing,park ranger of a captain in the SW district? Last I heard, he was using his annual leave to practice shot glass curls.

When the time comes, I hope neither of those worthless Lts get the job of Captain, especially Lt. class A uniform, illegal writing UTC, Expedition driving fool.

That's funny stuff right there! I don't care who you are.

12-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Well I don't know, lots of things happening down south, not looking good. IG very busy lately down there. Any body got any info? What"s the situation?

Captain Suggs,

From,
The rest of DEP

12-16-2008, 04:01 PM
i think that Coporal thinks that his relationship with the AD makes him an automatic Lt. when the micro mangaer retires. Of course the Lt. that is there now lets him walk all over the other officers that he works with. He rats them out to the Lt. whenever he gets a chance. That is why nobody trusts either one of them.

Maybe the Corporal thinks that promotions are based on popularity. If he would spend more time working and less time on the phone to other officers around the state, then maybe he could actually patrol sometimes.

I bet that Ford Exp that the Lt. drives adn the new Durango the corporal drives will hold alot more Christmas presents for their wives adn families than their old vehicles.

Maybe if the Captain Spinless retires sometime in the next decade, we can get a Captain with some balls that will leash thesse two.

12-16-2008, 08:42 PM
i think that Coporal thinks that his relationship with the AD makes him an automatic Lt. when the micro mangaer retires. Of course the Lt. that is there now lets him walk all over the other officers that he works with. He rats them out to the Lt. whenever he gets a chance. That is why nobody trusts either one of them.

Maybe the Corporal thinks that promotions are based on popularity. If he would spend more time working and less time on the phone to other officers around the state, then maybe he could actually patrol sometimes.

I bet that Ford Exp that the Lt. drives adn the new Durango the corporal drives will hold alot more Christmas presents for their wives adn families than their old vehicles.

Maybe if the Captain Spinless retires sometime in the next decade, we can get a Captain with some balls that will leash thesse two.

Hey, is this the corporal that was driving our former director around South Florida, campaigning for a former sheriff and state legislator, using state equipment, while both of them were on state time? Is this the corporal that the AD attended his wedding? I wonder if the AD's trip to the wedding was conveniently arranged around authorized state travel time? The problems need to be investigated from the top down, it is well know that some of our upper managers were and are now having affairs on state time. It is amazing to me that our agency continues to allow this conduct to occur by management in Tallahassee.

12-17-2008, 12:38 AM

Maybe if the Captain Spinless retires sometime in the next decade, we can get a Captain with some balls that will leash thesse two.[/quote]

Hey, is this the corporal that was driving our former director around South Florida, campaigning for a former sheriff and state legislator, using state equipment, while both of them were on state time? Is this the corporal that the AD attended his wedding? I wonder if the AD's trip to the wedding was conveniently arranged around authorized state travel time? The problems need to be investigated from the top down, it is well know that some of our upper managers were and are now having affairs on state time. It is amazing to me that our agency continues to allow this conduct to occur by management in Tallahassee.[/quote]

Those are some really strong words. If you have proof, step up. If not, you are really embarrassing yourself.

12-17-2008, 02:45 AM

Hey, is this the corporal that was driving our former director around South Florida, campaigning for a former sheriff and state legislator, using state equipment, while both of them were on state time? Is this the corporal that the AD attended his wedding? I wonder if the AD's trip to the wedding was conveniently arranged around authorized state travel time? The problems need to be investigated from the top down, it is well know that some of our upper managers were and are now having affairs on state time. It is amazing to me that our agency continues to allow this conduct to occur by management in Tallahassee.[/quote]

Those are some really strong words. If you have proof, step up. If not, you are really embarrassing yourself.[/quote]

If the last poster doesn't want to man up to your challenge, I will. EVERYTHING that has been posted about the Corporal and his Ltin this thread is absolutely true. I saw and experienced it all.

How about it Tally? Up to my challenge? I have proof, not accusations or rumors.

12-17-2008, 03:25 AM

Hey, is this the corporal that was driving our former director around South Florida, campaigning for a former sheriff and state legislator, using state equipment, while both of them were on state time? Is this the corporal that the AD attended his wedding? I wonder if the AD's trip to the wedding was conveniently arranged around authorized state travel time? The problems need to be investigated from the top down, it is well know that some of our upper managers were and are now having affairs on state time. It is amazing to me that our agency continues to allow this conduct to occur by management in Tallahassee.

Those are some really strong words. If you have proof, step up. If not, you are really embarrassing yourself.[/quote]

If the last poster doesn't want to man up to your challenge, I will. EVERYTHING that has been posted about the Corporal and his Ltin this thread is absolutely true. I saw and experienced it all.

How about it Tally? Up to my challenge? I have proof, not accusations or rumors.[/quote]

You IG’s want to clean up this corruption? Come down here and conduct an investigation into these allegations, place the entire district under oath and interview everyone. I’m sure that you will get all of the information you need to substantiate these allegations of misconduct. :cop:

12-17-2008, 05:14 AM
Absolutely....I keep wondering why every other district in this agency has has some sort of investigation EXCEPT for the Southwest. We have been disgruntled, poorly managed, beat down, and worked in hostile working environments for years. I can't figure out who in the Southwest has dirt on the brass in Tallahassee, which would explain why we can never get anyone to do an investigation. The officers in this district have begged and pleaded for an investigation for YEARS. Nothing happens and everything gets swept under the carpet. Officer after officer after officer has told the brass in Tallahassee that there is a problem and NOTHING gets done about it. Does anyone else know why? Maybe it is time for the officer with the friend that works for the newspaper to generate a story about corruption and coverup. Now that the election is over, it would be a great time to break a story.

I also sometimes wonder if they are waiting on the Captain to retire before they do the investigation. Who knows, maybe that old ^(&)&^^ has stuff on all of them. That does not explain why the new blood in Tallahasee does not do something or listen to what officers are saying.

I am sure that the Corporal that you all have posted about is the same one. He is a scammer and had a huge falling out with his Lt about a year and a half ago because the Lt. caught him falsifying his time, among other things. I over heard the Cpl talking about it at the range and telling another officer that the Lt. did not want to mess with him because he had enough illegal and unethical things documented that the Lt. had done over the years that he could bury him and fu&k him out of his retirement. As I recall, no investigation was ever done on the Cpl, yet it caused a huge rift between them. It makes one wonder if he has told the AD any of these things, and if the AD is protecting them and why.

However, this is also a case of monkey see, monkey do. The Cpl has watched everything that the Lt. has been able to get away with over the years and has become a clone. He cheats the state, finds ways of dragging out his paperwork so that he does not have to do any patrol, makes chauvanistic comments that would get anyone else fired(Just like the one the Lt. made at the FDLE meeting) and many many more things. Not only does he get away with things that any other officer would be crucified for, he turns around and rubs it in the face of the other officers in the squad. He continually stirs up strife iwthin the squad , and cannot keep anything to himslef. Everyone in his squad knows the background of any new officer that starts, because he tells everyone what is in their background before they get hired. Lets not forget that he is ****y as hell because he thinks that he is a shoe in for the Lt.'s positon when his Daddy retires. We all know that once the Lt. leaves he will not know what to do. He calls him for everything. I have personally seen the Lt. roll his eyes and make a snide comment in front of more than one officer because the Cpl was calling him AGAIN.

.....and Tallahassee wonders why there is such a high turnover

12-17-2008, 12:33 PM
In regards to this "Corporal" and LT mentioned, a few other items of truth might be mentioned. This would be the same "Corporal" that was "released" during his FTO with an agency in Pinellas County before being hired with DEP (State only hires the most competant - NOT)...this is also the same "Corporal" who doesn't have a clue on how to fill out a traffic crash report and has to call other officers "below him on the food chain" and ask for direction and help! This "chosen one" would also be the same one who is approved for all training and classes anywhere in the State to include Tallahassee Central, oh at any given time...oh and the wedding conversation previously - all true! Had room for all the brass from Tally but no room at the inn for anyone one from his own district.

Yes, this "Corporal" does get the pick of the new vehichles and equipment - why because as stated "Lt. did not want to mess with him because he had enough illegal and unethical things documented that the Lt. had done over the years that he could bury him and fu&k him out of his retirement"

This also is true but then again EVERYONE working under this Southern LT has the same amount of evidence against the LT and the Corporal however - guess what people? Tallahassee is just as corrupt as this Lt. and Corporal are - and when shown the documentation and truth - it is immediately brushed under the carpet -oh and who would dare to speak the truth will be written up and driven out of the agency one way or the other. Don't believe me - start asking those who no longer work for DEP - not just from the Southern end of the State but from all across the State. You will find the truth.

Don't kid yourself people, -the ENTIRE STATE OF FLORIDA is aware of the problems, corruption, hostile work environment, retaliation, illegal arrests (entrapment comes to mind), chasing speeding motorcycles at high rates of speed (NOT ON STATE PARK PROPERTY) just to name a few - of the standard operating procedures occuring at the Southern tip of this State. Guess what - NOTHING IS DONE ABOUT IT - WHY BECAUSE THEY ARE LIKE THE OSTRICH - WHAT DOES DOES THE OSTRICH DO WHEN IT GETS SCARED? IT BURIES IT'S HEAD IN THE SAND AND THINKS THAT THE PREDATOR WON'T SEE IT BECAUSE IT CAN'T SEE THE PREDATOR. Tally=Ostrich.

By the way - for your information - I am not a DEP employee or a former DEP employee - but am fully aware of what goes on in DEP and this is the truth and the truth does hurt.

12-17-2008, 01:59 PM
In regards to this "Corporal" and LT mentioned, a few other items of truth might be mentioned. This would be the same "Corporal" that was "released" during his FTO with an agency in Pinellas County before being hired with DEP (State only hires the most competant - NOT)...this is also the same "Corporal" who doesn't have a clue on how to fill out a traffic crash report and has to call other officers "below him on the food chain" and ask for direction and help! This "chosen one" would also be the same one who is approved for all training and classes anywhere in the State to include Tallahassee Central, oh at any given time...oh and the wedding conversation previously - all true! Had room for all the brass from Tally but no room at the inn for anyone one from his own district.

Yes, this "Corporal" does get the pick of the new vehichles and equipment - why because as stated "Lt. did not want to mess with him because he had enough illegal and unethical things documented that the Lt. had done over the years that he could bury him and fu&k him out of his retirement"

This also is true but then again EVERYONE working under this Southern LT has the same amount of evidence against the LT and the Corporal however - guess what people? Tallahassee is just as corrupt as this Lt. and Corporal are - and when shown the documentation and truth - it is immediately brushed under the carpet -oh and who would dare to speak the truth will be written up and driven out of the agency one way or the other. Don't believe me - start asking those who no longer work for DEP - not just from the Southern end of the State but from all across the State. You will find the truth.

Don't kid yourself people, -the ENTIRE STATE OF FLORIDA is aware of the problems, corruption, hostile work environment, retaliation, illegal arrests (entrapment comes to mind), chasing speeding motorcycles at high rates of speed (NOT ON STATE PARK PROPERTY) just to name a few - of the standard operating procedures occuring at the Southern tip of this State. Guess what - NOTHING IS DONE ABOUT IT - WHY BECAUSE THEY ARE LIKE THE OSTRICH - WHAT DOES DOES THE OSTRICH DO WHEN IT GETS SCARED? IT BURIES IT'S HEAD IN THE SAND AND THINKS THAT THE PREDATOR WON'T SEE IT BECAUSE IT CAN'T SEE THE PREDATOR. Tally=Ostrich.

By the way - for your information - I am not a DEP employee or a former DEP employee - but am fully aware of what goes on in DEP and this is the truth and the truth does hurt.

Please tell us the names of the members of upper management who attended the wedding? Were these members of management driving state vehicles? I wonder what pretext was used to authorize this travel, so that they would be in the area at the time of the wedding? It should be easy for internal affairs to audit the travel records for this illicit travel and take action for any violations of state polices. Just another example of the Division of Law Enforcement, wasting taxpayer’s dollars, no wonder the state suffers a budget deficit.

12-17-2008, 04:20 PM
If you actually have the evidence you claim wouldn’t you be obligated to report these improprieties to someone? If the chain of command or the internal affairs section ignores these complaints, shouldn’t you report these violations to a higher source? I’m sure if you reported these violations to the Governor, Secretary, and the press don’t you think someone would initiate an investigation?

12-17-2008, 04:28 PM
2 new vehicles in two years. The first vehicle, a pick up truck, was legit. His old truck was on the trade list. The new Durango is a different story.

The oficer in Citrus County(that is no longer with us), had an Impala that was on the trade list. He was suppossed to get a new Durango. This Citus Co. officer was on the Lt.;s Sh!tlist, so the Lt. decided that a good way to fu*k this officer would be to give his vehicle to another officer and give the Citrus County officer a used one. You would think that the Durango would have been automaticaly gave to Cpl "do boy", but it was mentioned in an earlier post that the Lt. and Cpl were on the outs for awhile. This was during that time. So, the Lt. offered the Durango to another officer that worked at Honeymoon. That officer turned it down because he knew what the score was.
In the mentime, the Cpl. was getting a good look at whatthe world looks like from outside of the Lt.'s a$$, and was not liking it. He was also putting the personel and professionel business of the Lt. in the street, and making the comments that were over heard at the range. Little details like how the Lt. falsifies his timesheet and does personel shopping for boats on duty, and demands discounts because he is a plocie offcier, and how he has peole in his squad drive out of their way to do business with a particuliar store because he gets discounts there when he does his personal shopping because he gives them state business.
So, the Lt. used the vehicle and dangled it in front of the Cpl. . The Cpl bit, because he was hating life without all of his perks from Daddy. Before you now it, they are like two peas in a pod again. The Lt. got to fu*k the Citrus County officer out of his new vehicle, with the help of the Cpl, and the Cpl. is back in Daddy's lap again. The Citrus County officer got the Cpl's truck. Business as usual.

The story that everyone else in the squad got was that the Cpl's truck ccould not pull the boat that was assigend to the Cpl., sothe Cpl needed the Durango. The funniest part of this is that the Cpl has as little to do with that boat as possible since he became a Cpl. All of the maintainance and everything else to do with that boat is done by the other officers that work at Honeymoon. The Cpl is always busy doing "paperwork". If those officers are not available, then the Cpl calls one of the officers that work at Hillsborough and tells them that the Lt. said that they need to go to Honeymoon and take care of the boat because he is to busy. There is alot of "paperwork" that is done inside the vehicle of the Lt. and at the Lt's house, while the rest of the officers in the squad do the patrol work. This does not just happen with the boat, it is happens with everything that the Cpl does not want to do or is tired of doing.
I thought that the Lt. was not allowed to have his office in his house anymore. Is'nt that why the money was spent to redo the office at honeymoon? there was alot of money spend on new officer furniture for the Lt. and his boy. Furniture that is never used by the Lt. (he preffers his home office), and furniture that is used to much by the Cpl.

I do not know all of the brass that was at the wedding there, but I know that the AD was.

According to the Cpl, he wrote the letter to the Director that single handely got the AD the promotion from Captain to AD. Maybe the AD thought he owed him. Has the AD shown up to anyone else's wedding or family events? From what I know, the AD also came for the Cpl's Greek Easter party.

I am sure that the Cpl. is hoping that when it comes time for the Lt. in his squad to retire, the AD will pay back the favor and make sure that he gets promoted. He is already telling people that the Lt., which he refers to by first name (sometimes he forgets that he is suposed to call him Lt. at work)is grooming him and getting him ready.

12-17-2008, 05:35 PM
2 new vehicles in two years. The first vehicle, a pick up truck, was legit. His old truck was on the trade list. The new Durango is a different story.

The oficer in Citrus County(that is no longer with us), had an Impala that was on the trade list. He was suppossed to get a new Durango. This Citus Co. officer was on the Lt.;s Sh!tlist, so the Lt. decided that a good way to fu*k this officer would be to give his vehicle to another officer and give the Citrus County officer a used one.

The story that everyone else in the squad got was that the Cpl's truck ccould not pull the boat that was assigend to the Cpl., sothe Cpl needed the Durango.

I know for a fact that the truck that was given to the Citrus officer was indeed very capable of pulling the boat at Honeymoon Island. The truck was a full sized Ford F-150 with a 5.4 liter V-8 engine, 4 wheel drive and a 10,000 pound towing capacity including a class 4 trailer hitch and electric brakes installed. The Citrus Officer was told that the reason for the Ford truck instead of the Durango was because the Cpl. needed it for "dog and pony" shows and he needed the interior space because he was doing backround investigations and needed the interior space for "working on the road".

What ever happened to the motorcycle that was bought for the Citrus officer by Greenways and Trails to use in the area?

12-17-2008, 06:02 PM
[quote="Avid Reader":7w04frap]In regards to this "Corporal" and LT mentioned, a few other items of truth might be mentioned. This would be the same "Corporal" that was "released" during his FTO with an agency in Pinellas County before being hired with DEP (State only hires the most competant - NOT)...this is also the same "Corporal" who doesn't have a clue on how to fill out a traffic crash report and has to call other officers "below him on the food chain" and ask for direction and help! This "chosen one" would also be the same one who is approved for all training and classes anywhere in the State to include Tallahassee Central, oh at any given time...oh and the wedding conversation previously - all true! Had room for all the brass from Tally but no room at the inn for anyone one from his own district.

Please tell us the names of the members of upper management who attended the wedding? Were these members of management driving state vehicles? I wonder what pretext was used to authorize this travel, so that they would be in the area at the time of the wedding? It should be easy for internal affairs to audit the travel records for this illicit travel and take action for any violations of state polices. Just another example of the Division of Law Enforcement, wasting taxpayer’s dollars, no wonder the state suffers a budget deficit.[/quote:7w04frap]

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you do a marriage licence search in Pinellas County for the approximate time frame the Cpl. was married it could be a CLUE. Then you can pull the travel records of all the brass in Tally. who made a trip to Pinellas County in the same time frame. Mystery solved.

12-17-2008, 06:05 PM
If you actually have the evidence you claim wouldn’t you be obligated to report these improprieties to someone? If the chain of command or the internal affairs section ignores these complaints, shouldn’t you report these violations to a higher source? I’m sure if you reported these violations to the Governor, Secretary, and the press don’t you think someone would initiate an investigation?

I'm sure that the press would be interested considering the legislative sesssion will be starting after the first of the year. How about this person? [url]http://www.tampabays10.com/company/bios/member.aspx?storyid=27618[url]

12-17-2008, 09:06 PM

I'm sure that the press would be interested considering the legislative sesssion will be starting after the first of the year. How about this person? [url]http://www.tampabays10.com/company/bios/member.aspx?storyid=27618[url]

Sounds to me that you have some serious problems in your district that need to be exposed to Secretary Sole. Especially if you have asked for an investigation and it has fallen on death ears by your upper management and internal affairs section. If I’m not mistaken are they not supposed to investigate anonymous complaints pursuant to DEP policies? If the internal affairs section is violating their own policies, maybe they should be investigated by someone like Secretary Sole. I am sure that Secretary Sole, would order an investigation especially if you have the evidence in hand to prove your allegations of illegal activities or corruption by an employee of DEP. I am surprised that a member of upper management would fraternize with a subordinate and create such a hostile work environment for the district. This is why the military has a no fraternization policy between the officer and enlisted ranks of the armed forces. This is why an officer with the Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Team was recently relieved of duties and removes from the team. The offending supervisor should be reprimanded and this conduct stopped immediately before more hostilities are created in your district. From what I can read between the lines, it appears that you are implicating individuals of committing crimes within your district. You better keep a paper trail of who you notified and your evidence stored away somewhere safe. You might need to resort to your evidence at a later date, especially when someone is prompted to investigate these alleged violations. Hang in there and be safe maybe Santa Claus will bring you the investigation your officers have asked for in the past. Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas!!!

12-17-2008, 10:21 PM
We had hoped that this would happen when the new director came in. I also thought that it might happen whenever the new Chief came in, since he use to be an internal affairs Captain. NOTHING has happened. I think that the other poster had it right. I think the AD wants to run for sheriff somewhere and it is easier to wait and let the Captain(who has had numerous complaints and requests made for an investigation against him as well)and the Lt. retire and hope the problem will be gone.
Then there does not have to be an investigation and it will not be political issue for the AD.

The complaints to Tallahassee from current and former officers in this district have been numerous and have been being made for YEARS.

Job satisfaction is about all DEP officers has working for them in this budget and that is fading fast.

12-18-2008, 01:41 AM
This is amazing!! How many years has T and F been acting like the jerks they are. I have plenty of documents to provide if someone is interested. I can even provide an audio tape as well as supporting documents that could get RF arrested. So I guess M is still sitting at his stop sign at Honeymoon. If you guys need additional support, contact Mr Steve Sickles, he's a former Pasco Couny Deputy that has had numerous run ins with ole R!!!!!!!!!!

12-18-2008, 02:14 AM
This is amazing!! How many years has T and F been acting like the jerks they are. I have plenty of documents to provide if someone is interested. I can even provide an audio tape as well as supporting documents that could get R F arrested. So I guess M is still sitting at his stop sign at Honeymoon. If you guys need additional support, contact Mr Steve Sickles, he's a former Pasco Couny Deputy that has had numerous run ins with ole R!!!!!!!!!!

How do we contact you for more information? Will you fill out an IA Inquiry form and fax it to th IG's office?

12-18-2008, 01:40 PM
The ad, his spouse and chief of training attended T's wedding.

12-18-2008, 05:59 PM

You guys, it didn't cost the state that much money to attend T's wedding. I would like to know how much it cost the state for all the CROANIES to attend the Governor's wedding? How many were DEP officials, officers, or what equipment was provided for security of the event? It would be a good news story!

12-18-2008, 06:00 PM

You guys, it didn't cost the state that much money to attend T's wedding. I would like to know how much it cost the state for all the CROANIES to attend the Governor's wedding? How many were DEP officials, officers, or what equipment was provided for security of the event? It would be a good news story!

12-18-2008, 07:19 PM

First of all, the governor's wedding had FDLE for security. Second, we are talking about the governor here, not a Corporal for a small, corupt law enforcement agency!

What blows me away is that the fellow officers that keep him in a job day after day weren't invited to the wedding. I guess fellow officers really can't help his career fast enough. What he forgets is that his fellow officers can his career make very difficult also.

12-18-2008, 07:50 PM

First of all, the governor's wedding had FDLE for security. Second, we are talking about the governor here, not a Corporal for a small, corupt law enforcement agency!

What blows me away is that the fellow officers that keep him in a job day after day weren't invited to the wedding. I guess fellow officers really can't help his career fast enough. What he forgets is that his fellow officers can his career make very difficult also.

You keep using the term corruption; this is a mighty bold word to use regarding this agency! List out the specific examples of how this agency is corrupt? People keep claiming to have evidence they can produce, you’re a law enforcement officer, expose the so called corruption. I’m sure that you can get it to a source that would expose the information to our state leaders, press and public. Otherwise quit blowing smoke on this site or put your money where your mouth is and expose this corruption! If I were a betting man, you have no evidence; you just like stirring the pot. So Stand Up or Shut Up! List your evidence of corruption! :snicker:

12-18-2008, 10:23 PM
[quote=Guest]The ad, his spouse and chief of training attended T's wedding.

What blows me away is that the fellow officers that keep him in a job day after day weren't invited to the wedding. I guess fellow officers really can't help his career fast enough. What he forgets is that his fellow officers can his career make very difficult also. :P

You keep using the term corruption; this is a mighty bold word to use regarding this agency! List out the specific examples of how this agency is corrupt? People keep claiming to have evidence they can produce, you’re a law enforcement officer, expose the so called corruption. I’m sure that you can get it to a source that would expose the information to our state leaders, press and public. Otherwise quit blowing smoke on this site or put your money where your mouth is and expose this corruption! If I were a betting man, you have no evidence; you just like stirring the pot. So Stand Up or Shut Up! List your evidence of corruption! :snicker:[/quote:m5ytv2w1]

You park patrol are something else, the only real law enforcement work is performed by investigations. The park patrol could be eliminated all DEP needs to keep is the investigation bureau. Go cry on someones shoulder about corruption and mismangement, grow a set and quit whining! Wan, Wan, Wan, I didn't get to go to a wedding, so what! Cowboy UP and get a life!

12-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Who cares who got invited to the wedding and who did not. That is his personal event. What matters are all the other issues that have been raised regarding ethical issue of the Lt. and his "do boy" the Corporal.

The fact that he rarely does any patrol. He sits in the office and when a call comes in he waits for another officer to arrive and then sends them to take the call. He gives all of the work that he does not want to do or that will not get him promoted, to the other officers at Honeymoon.

He gets away with things that any other officer in this agency would be fired for, and then rubs it in the faces of the officers on his squad. The Lt. allows all of this because they are one in the same. Much like the problem with the Captain in the SE and her "do girl".

Complaints have been made to Tallahassee privately, but nothing has been done. Kind of a Catch 22. If you complain privately, it gets swept under the rug. If you complain publicly and make waves, then you are retaliated against to the point that you become disgruntled and are then fired or run off, whichever comes first.

It is not just the North squad in the SW that is having problems, it is the WHOLE district. There are sworn depo's in Tallahassee that give sworn testimony against "drunky" the Captain. They were ignored and chalked up to a disgruntled employee.
Why do you think the officer was disgruntled? Because of the things that he TESTIFIED about. Kind of like the chicken and the egg isn't it?
Nevermind that there are many officers that can back up what is in the deposition and provide much more testimony and evidence.

Ridiculous.
Tallahassee saves their investigations for the people that personally piss them off, not as a tool to better the working environment of their officers or to root out ethical corruption. After all, we are a dime a dozen to them. They can fire us tomorrow and hire another that looks just like us.

12-19-2008, 01:44 PM
The statements by baklava appear to be correct. I have been advised a Captain and two Lieutenants were hounded into retirement because of selective investigations. You have to wonder how the current ranking supervisor in the NW got there so fast. It appears if you are one of the fair haired boys/girls of upper management, especially the ad, many investigations return in a favorable light to those people. Baklava does give you something to think about. It also appears that it is not just a SW issue, but covers the whole state like a bank of fog.

I don't have an axe to grind with DEP, but after reading all the comments, I felt compelled to offer my small amount of information to support what baklava stated. I am not a DEP employee, but I have several friends who are officers within your agency and are exceptionally fine people.

After viewing the PEER posting regarding a current possible lawsuit, maybe things will get better. This is just looking from the outside at what goes on within your agency. I hope the legislature finds a way to fund raises for you guys this year. Good luck and stay safe. Happy holidays. :D

12-19-2008, 01:56 PM
BEI Investigators should be removed from a law enforcement status and transferred directly under a Deputy Secretary as "Regulatory Investigators". Since the agency is a regulatory one, it does not need sworn investigators to do the job they supposedly do. This would reduce personnel costs of the department significantly.

it has been stated in a prior posting that the department does not need the Park Patrol, then they certainly do not need the investigative arm of the law enforcement division. Their jobs could be performed without law enforcement certification. For example, they seem to have to take one of the Park Patrol uniformed officers with them when they do attempt to make an arrest. Why send two sworn officers to do a job one could do?

12-19-2008, 04:17 PM
The statements by baklava appear to be correct. I have been advised a Captain and two Lieutenants were hounded into retirement because of selective investigations. You have to wonder how the current ranking supervisor in the NW got there so fast. It appears if you are one of the fair haired boys/girls of upper management, especially the ad, many investigations return in a favorable light to those people. Baklava does give you something to think about. It also appears that it is not just a SW issue, but covers the whole state like a bank of fog.

I don't have an axe to grind with DEP, but after reading all the comments, I felt compelled to offer my small amount of information to support what baklava stated. I am not a DEP employee, but I have several friends who are officers within your agency and are exceptionally fine people.

After viewing the PEER posting regarding a current possible lawsuit, maybe things will get better. This is just looking from the outside at what goes on within your agency. I hope the legislature finds a way to fund raises for you guys this year. Good luck and stay safe. Happy holidays. :D

I am a retired law enforcement officer from the West Coast of the United States. I have viewed the Leoaffairs Website for quite awhile now, and I find your agencies site one of the most scandalous that I have read. Do you mean to tell me that your internal affairs division will not investigate the allegations being posted on this site? Who controls the investigations the internal affairs division are assigned? Your internal affairs division has to be completely autonomous from your other patrol divisions. The internal affairs division has to be strictly impartial when conducting investigations, with no agency influence from your division managers. It is critical that the IA Investigators, investigate the facts, interview all witnesses, and keep personalities out of their investigations. I have seen some good officers get railroaded, and loose their jobs due to half-hearted investigations, unknowledgeable investigators, or investigators failing to be knowledgeable of the subject matter they are investigating. You and I both know that members of your management review this site daily and any of them could demand an investigation of the allegations posted on this site. We also both know that if any of you were come forward and report these violations, the messenger is usually assassinated in the process. My recommendation would be to find an investigative reporter, become a confidential source, obtain an attorney, and stand by for the whirl wind. I find it hard to believe that your upper management would continue to allow this cancer to continue to grow within your agency. As you know a good surgeon can remove this cancer before it spreads to the point that it kills your agency. It appears that you need an aggressive doctor to take charge and put this cancer to rest. Good Luck and God Bless! Be safe out there.

12-19-2008, 07:52 PM

I am a retired law enforcement officer from the West Coast of the United States. I have viewed the Leoaffairs Website for quite awhile now, and I find your agencies site one of the most scandalous that I have read. Do you mean to tell me that your internal affairs division will not investigate the allegations being posted on this site? Who controls the investigations the internal affairs division are assigned? Your internal affairs division has to be completely autonomous from your other patrol divisions. The internal affairs division has to be strictly impartial when conducting investigations, with no agency influence from your division managers. It is critical that the IA Investigators, investigate the facts, interview all witnesses, and keep personalities out of their investigations. I have seen some good officers get railroaded, and loose their jobs due to half-hearted investigations, unknowledgeable investigators, or investigators failing to be knowledgeable of the subject matter they are investigating. You and I both know that members of your management review this site daily and any of them could demand an investigation of the allegations posted on this site. We also both know that if any of you were come forward and report these violations, the messenger is usually assassinated in the process. My recommendation would be to find an investigative reporter, become a confidential source, obtain an attorney, and stand by for the whirl wind. I find it hard to believe that your upper management would continue to allow this cancer to continue to grow within your agency. As you know a good surgeon can remove this cancer before it spreads to the point that it kills your agency. It appears that you need an aggressive doctor to take charge and put this cancer to rest. Good Luck and God Bless! Be safe out there.

Thanks!

12-19-2008, 09:10 PM
BEI Investigators should be removed from a law enforcement status and transferred directly under a Deputy Secretary as "Regulatory Investigators". Since the agency is a regulatory one, it does not need sworn investigators to do the job they supposedly do. This would reduce personnel costs of the department significantly.

it has been stated in a prior posting that the department does not need the Park Patrol, then they certainly do not need the investigative arm of the law enforcement division. Their jobs could be performed without law enforcement certification. For example, they seem to have to take one of the Park Patrol uniformed officers with them when they do attempt to make an arrest. Why send two sworn officers to do a job one could do?

Sorry to take you away from your "Bay-Watch" duties at the park, but, you don't think that I am going to transport without a cage, do you?

12-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Not having a cage is sort of an excuse. If you have all this money you are supposed to possess, put cages in your cars. Come on, you aren't dealing with murder suspects, etc. I realize putting cages in your cars will disrupt some of your daily social activities, but "watching the bay" is better than watching the wall of an air conditioned office. Regulatory investigators would not need cages. The local sheriff's office could transport for you if the "Baywatch Officers" are gone.

12-20-2008, 02:21 AM
Hell, a Baywatch officer would be a welcome change. At least he might be doing some patrol. Right now the only thing he is patroling is the office at Honeymoon and the Lt.s house.

12-20-2008, 03:07 PM
If the Lt. accused the Cpl of falsifying timesheets and the Cpl threatened to air all of the Lt.'s dirty laundry and the fight was big enough to cause a rift large enough that the entire distrcit (and other distrcits because the Cpl called people in other distrcits to vent), then why was there no investigation? Sounds like a cover up to me.

I am not in the SW distrct and I knew about the falling out. I just assumed that it was a supervisory inquiry by the Lt. into the Cpl reporting of time that caused the rift. I guess I assumed wrong. If there was an inquiry, where is the paper trail?

I also know that the Lt. in that district has conducted "supervisory inquiries" for offenses much less than stealing time and money from the state. Sounds like favoritism to me. Maybe what the Cpl said about having enough dirt documented on the Lt. to bury him is true and the Lt. did not do a proper investigation into the matter because of this.

Either way, something stinks.

If the AD is personal friends with the Cpl, like the Cpl says he is, what is his part in the cover up?

I know that from being in a couple of in service classes with this Cpl. that he does alot of back slapping with the brass when he is up there. He makes sure that all of his meals are with the brass and that he lets everyone know about it. There is always an angle with this guy. It is obvious that he is always out for himself and has no problem throwing people under the bus.

It speaks volumes that there has been no investiagtion in this district, but all the other districts have been turned upside down.

Makes me also wonder why all of the accusations of the Captain driving drunk and the officers smelling alcohol on his breath at the range has never been investigated. Let's not forget about the drunk incident during the Lover's Key explosion ,Hurricane Charlie and the PLEA conference in Orlando.

I find it hard to believe that the officers in this district are all lying about the same thing. Why not have an investigation? The truth will show itself one way or the other. Why would Tallahassee want these kinds of activites going on in their agency. Sounds like alot of liability to me, especially if all of these officers can personally testify that they had made complaints to Tallahassee muliple times and nothing has been done.

The other poster was right, it all has to be done through Tallahassee initiating the investigation because the officer that first comes forward, will be executed. Tallahasse can spout bullsh!t about no retaliation, but that sounds nice from the comfort of an office in Tallahassee. The reality of the situation on the ground for that officer is very different.

Director Barnett, where are you?
AD Gibson, where are you?
Chief Griffin, where are you?

Help your people. Do something for these officers.

12-20-2008, 11:47 PM
I applaud the creators of this site for developing and maintaining an area wherein our members and other interested parties might go to freely express their opinions and discuss their concerns. While I normally would not impose upon such conversation, I believe there comes a time when one must make an effort to answer and correct inaccuracies in order to set the record aright. Please allow me the opportunity to speak to some of the items mentioned in this thread.

Doubtless, some people might disagree with my approach to some matters, and, likely, I have unfortunately garnered some who might even characterize themselves as personal enemies. While this is disappointing, I fully appreciate and respect each person’s right to his or her own perceptions and expressions thereof when done so appropriately and honestly with total, not partial, truth as the basis of these positions.

To that end, I feel compelled to explain my involvement in the personal celebrations, recognitions, and commemorations of some DEP DLE members. I understand the fact that our work lives demand a great deal of time and attention from individuals and appreciate the fact that some, perhaps more than others, feel personally connected to their careers. This is a matter of personal preference. For those who feel so inclined toward this attachment and who freely extend invitations to me and/or other “command staff” members of our division, I typically make every effort to attend these events. I consider it an honor to participate in recognizing the personal milestones of those who might share these times with me. I have celebrated several weddings, had many members as guests in my home, been a guest in the homes of many others, and grieved alongside many families as they have laid their loved ones to rest. I have attended graduations, birthday parties, and religious observances because these have been important to our team’s members. I even obtained Florida Notary Public status at my own expense in order to perform a wedding ceremony for a former member, simply because I was asked.

When these events have had no nexus to official business, I have always attended at my own expense and will continue to do so because our individual lives are that important to each other. It is true that my wife, daughter, and I attended the wedding to which at least one writer has referred, but we did so using our personal minivan and our personal funds to pay for lodging and all other associated expenses, as I am sure that all other co-workers in attendance did. We were there because we were invited and because my wife and I are committed to demonstrating our truest respect and appreciation for each DLE member and their individual accomplishments whenever practicable.

No one has been or will be given preferential treatment or “protection” as alleged in this thread beyond the protection of due process that presumes innocence until guilt is sufficiently proven. This necessitates the existence of evidence and not mere innuendo before allegations will be sustained. In fairness, allegations should be sufficiently articulated beyond speculation or the perpetuation of hearsay as the basis for the initiation of inquiry. As a final point on this topic, each employee is expected and encouraged to earn his or her own way in whatever career pursuits he or she chooses to follow.

As for the allegations of illicit liaisons or other purported improprieties, I am completely unaware of any such concerns and caution against willful personal smears, as these can destroy homes and relationships and senselessly hurt people potentially even more than the damage they might inflict upon careers. If you have actual evidence of official impropriety, we can and will make inquiry, but please refrain from baseless personal attacks that exceed the scope of truth and that cannot be supported by fact.

I make no apologies for caring about each of our DLE members and contend that my travel activities are compliant with laws, rules, ethical standards, and legitimate purposes. I am confident that the record reflects the same. To my knowledge, no one has filed any official complaint(s) regarding any of these rumors. I am hopeful that readers who might like to discuss their concerns will call me with any questions or input they might have. My office telephone number is 850.245.2853, and my home number is listed in the Tallahassee-area phone book. Additionally, Director Barnet’s number is 850.245.2852, and the number for the Office of Inspector General is 850.245.3151, should they be needed by anyone. They, and I, welcome your calls.

Respectfully,
Greg Gibson

12-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Greg, so well said. I know you and happen to be a member of a sister agency that works with you and DEP. It is indeed a shame that we are under attack almost constantly with un-substantiated and baseless accusations. This forum is disgusting, and state cops are in such a bad place right now to be imploding at an enormous rate. I know you and you are a man of high integrity and compassion. You will be no doubt be bashed mercilessly in this thread as well as me for supporting you. We have the same problems at my agency where target practice on brass is sport. God Bless you and your family.

12-21-2008, 01:29 AM
It is common knowledge within and outside the department that management has hounded several people into retirement or termination. Obfuscate, obfuscate, obfuscate: (1) To darken (2) To confuse. This reply is simply another attempt to confuse members of the division into believing what management wants them to. If an officer contacts anyone listed in this narrative with a complaint, you will in all probability be subjected to a "SELECTIVE INVESTIGATION' and may be subjected to unfortunate circumstances. As ad, you alledgely have to assume a share of the responsbility delegated to your position and should therefore be held accountable for your actions. From what I have viewed in the PEER posting on this site, accountability may be forth coming in the immediate future.
Happy holidays.

I applaud the creators of this site for developing and maintaining an area wherein our members and other interested parties might go to freely express their opinions and discuss their concerns. While I normally would not impose upon such conversation, I believe there comes a time when one must make an effort to answer and correct inaccuracies in order to set the record aright. Please allow me the opportunity to speak to some of the items mentioned in this thread.

Doubtless, some people might disagree with my approach to some matters, and, likely, I have unfortunately garnered some who might even characterize themselves as personal enemies. While this is disappointing, I fully appreciate and respect each person’s right to his or her own perceptions and expressions thereof when done so appropriately and honestly with total, not partial, truth as the basis of these positions.

To that end, I feel compelled to explain my involvement in the personal celebrations, recognitions, and commemorations of some DEP DLE members. I understand the fact that our work lives demand a great deal of time and attention from individuals and appreciate the fact that some, perhaps more than others, feel personally connected to their careers. This is a matter of personal preference. For those who feel so inclined toward this attachment and who freely extend invitations to me and/or other “command staff” members of our division, I typically make every effort to attend these events. I consider it an honor to participate in recognizing the personal milestones of those who might share these times with me. I have celebrated several weddings, had many members as guests in my home, been a guest in the homes of many others, and grieved alongside many families as they have laid their loved ones to rest. I have attended graduations, birthday parties, and religious observances because these have been important to our team’s members. I even obtained Florida Notary Public status at my own expense in order to perform a wedding ceremony for a former member, simply because I was asked.

When these events have had no nexus to official business, I have always attended at my own expense and will continue to do so because our individual lives are that important to each other. It is true that my wife, daughter, and I attended the wedding to which at least one writer has referred, but we did so using our personal minivan and our personal funds to pay for lodging and all other associated expenses, as I am sure that all other co-workers in attendance did. We were there because we were invited and because my wife and I are committed to demonstrating our truest respect and appreciation for each DLE member and their individual accomplishments whenever practicable.

No one has been or will be given preferential treatment or “protection” as alleged in this thread beyond the protection of due process that presumes innocence until guilt is sufficiently proven. This necessitates the existence of evidence and not mere innuendo before allegations will be sustained. In fairness, allegations should be sufficiently articulated beyond speculation or the perpetuation of hearsay as the basis for the initiation of inquiry. As a final point on this topic, each employee is expected and encouraged to earn his or her own way in whatever career pursuits he or she chooses to follow.

As for the allegations of illicit liaisons or other purported improprieties, I am completely unaware of any such concerns and caution against willful personal smears, as these can destroy homes and relationships and senselessly hurt people potentially even more than the damage they might inflict upon careers. If you have actual evidence of official impropriety, we can and will make inquiry, but please refrain from baseless personal attacks that exceed the scope of truth and that cannot be supported by fact.

I make no apologies for caring about each of our DLE members and contend that my travel activities are compliant with laws, rules, ethical standards, and legitimate purposes. I am confident that the record reflects the same. To my knowledge, no one has filed any official complaint(s) regarding any of these rumors. I am hopeful that readers who might like to discuss their concerns will call me with any questions or input they might have. My office telephone number is 850.245.2853, and my home number is listed in the Tallahassee-area phone book. Additionally, Director Barnet’s number is 850.245.2852, and the number for the Office of Inspector General is 850.245.3151, should they be needed by anyone. They, and I, welcome your calls.

Respectfully,
Greg Gibson

12-21-2008, 02:36 AM

Respectfully,
Greg Gibson

Subterfuge

Sub"ter*fuge\, n. That to which one resorts for escape or concealment; an artifice employed to escape censure or the force of an argument, or to justify opinions or conduct; a shift; an evasion.

Affect not little shifts and subterfuges, to avoid the force of an argument. --I. Watts.

By a miserable subterfuge, they hope to render this position safe by rendering it nugatory. --Burke.

Courtesy of Dictionary.com

12-21-2008, 02:49 AM
Subterfuge is the "policy" of your management staff, not the exception. The TPD fraternity appears to be alive and well. Merry Xmas General.

It is common knowledge within and outside the department that management has hounded several people into retirement or termination. Obfuscate, obfuscate, obfuscate: (1) To darken (2) To confuse. This reply is simply another attempt to confuse members of the division into believing what management wants them to. If an officer contacts anyone listed in this narrative with a complaint, you will in all probability be subjected to a "SELECTIVE INVESTIGATION' and may be subjected to unfortunate circumstances. As ad, you alledgely have to assume a share of the responsbility delegated to your position and should therefore be held accountable for your actions. From what I have viewed in the PEER posting on this site, accountability may be forth coming in the immediate future.
Happy holidays.

Respectfully,
Greg Gibson

12-21-2008, 03:57 PM
In other words, getting an investigation will require the usual human sacrifice, to the brass gods of Tallahassee.
The use or non use of state funds for weddings etc..... is not what I care about or is really the main issue.

The main issue is the lack of responsibility of Tallahassee to investigate the allegations.

You leave your phone numbers to contact you. Big Deal. The terms used in the last two posts are correct.

Gibson, officers have complained to you, and others, and have told you that they can support their allegations about this Cpl and the Lt.

The allegations are true and there is evidence to support it. You have been contacted. You have done nothing. Why are you asking for an officer to martyr themselves, again. If Tallahassee had garnered the trust of the officers in this distrcit, then that would be a reasonable request. Trust has not been earned. That can change. Now would be a good time to try to build a bridge, to reach out a hand to these officers and prove yourselves trustworthy. Prove that you have their backs and that you are willing, as a leader, to take the first step. The worst that can happen is that you find out that the allegations are not true.

Talk to the officers, ask some questions. Take the blinders off. I am sure that it is an uncomfortable situation, but imagine how uncomfortable it is for the officers that deal with it everyday.

12-21-2008, 06:54 PM
I agree with the last post by smoke and mirrors. It was interesting to read the narrative that was posted by the management. For instance, the alleged writer cautions against willful personal smears as these can destroy home and relationships and senselessly hurt people. Let me ask him/her how many careers has he/she destroyed during his/her two year tenure? How many families and relationships have been harmed by the retalitory nature of management? How many children have been harmed because of the loss of income due to selective investigations? If he/she can truthfully answer these, then I might be willing to listen to some more of the obfuscated explanations. He/she feels he/she does not need to make apologies for caring about each of us. I agree that no apologies are needed because he/she has demonstrated in the past he/she really doesn't care.
Management appears to have tremendous influence with the IA section. Several of the IA people were TPD officers and worked with him/her. It appears that investigations are selective and suggests in certain cases that the outcome is never in doubt from the beginning.
I agree with smoke and mirrors that a bridge needs to be built. Who is going to sacrifice their career to test the bridge. If a complaint is filed, the complainant will be crucified. No, I am not going to test the system. It is unfortunate we have to endure this type of management, but I am optomistic the sun will be brighter one of these days soon.

12-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Mr. Gibson as a former Officer of the DEP/DLE I would like to commend you on your clarification attempt, as well as the guts it took for you to post in here. I remember that you have posted on this site several times and I sincerely appreciate hearing your views. Unfortunately, I feel obligated to also try and set the record straight. To put it in language that won’t be edited out, you are being less than truthful.

I personally sat in front of you, in your Tallahassee Office, when you was a Captain and provided you with documents, as well as audio tapes, of LT. RF lying, and was willing to provide sworn testimony to all allegations that was being delivered. I confided in you and told you about the detrimental effect that the corruption in the SW District was having on me and my family, as well as the other Officers that worked in the North end.

You posted all these contact numbers, so “members” could come forward. Sir, you are truly out of touch if you believe those phones will ring. To put it in the words of our President-Elect “you don’t get it”. I find it humorous that you are trying to sell everyone on your family values and how compassionate you are to your members needs. Difficult issues require difficult solutions.

If you are truly man of virtue, and you yourself aren’t part of the cover-up, I suggest a simple solution to a conspiring problem. Contact your current members, and in a discreet manner ask them how they feel. Now use some common sense, don’t make them come to Tally. If you have to, fire up that mini-van, drop the family off at Busch Gardens and make your rounds. Then get a room, and take the family to Charlie’s or Burns for a really nice steak. On Day 2, take the family to Lowry Park Zoo and contact the former Officers. The ones that worked under Capt. N and LT. RF since the districts were split. Now this will require a little leg work, but I’m sure you’re capable. Mine will be easy; I still live in the same house, on the same street and still have the same phone number. I can promise you that I still have all the records as well as the audio tape that you could use to terminate and possibly pursue criminal charges against LT. RF.

Mr. Gibson, you sold me in our face to face meeting. I found out afterwards that you had already sold yourself to the devil. Your lack of action and compassion resulted in some very difficult times for my family. If you would have been then, the man you claim to be now, it would have been appreciated.
In closing, talk is cheap. You mustered an attempt to justify you continuing blind eye approach to the corruption that is taking place under your watch, with this lame duck, the balls in your court approach. Well, I’m checking it back to you and am telling you that if you are as concerned with finding the truth as you are with your member’s marriages, birthdays etc… you need to be a leader and stamp out the seeds that are souring your agency. I am ready and still willing to go under oath to testify against Capt. N and LT. RF and Corp MT.

Sir, I know that you are a man of faith as I am. Tonight when you bow your head, ask the Lord for the strength to lead your people, and also the bravery that you need to go against the grain and do the right thing. Those Officers (and their families) need your HELP.

12-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Ok this thread is pretty much run into the ground..Next topic

12-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Mr. Gibson as a former Officer of the DEP/DLE I would like to commend you on your clarification attempt, as well as the guts it took for you to post in here. I remember that you have posted on this site several times and I sincerely appreciate hearing your views. Unfortunately, I feel obligated to also try and set the record straight. To put it in language that won’t be edited out, you are being less than truthful.

I personally sat in front of you, in your Tallahassee Office, when you was a Captain and provided you with documents, as well as audio tapes, of LT. RF lying, and was willing to provide sworn testimony to all allegations that was being delivered. I confided in you and told you about the detrimental effect that the corruption in the SW District was having on me and my family, as well as the other Officers that worked in the North end.

You posted all these contact numbers, so “members” could come forward. Sir, you are truly out of touch if you believe those phones will ring. To put it in the words of our President-Elect “you don’t get it”. I find it humorous that you are trying to sell everyone on your family values and how compassionate you are to your members needs. Difficult issues require difficult solutions.

If you are truly man of virtue, and you yourself aren’t part of the cover-up, I suggest a simple solution to a conspiring problem. Contact your current members, and in a discreet manner ask them how they feel. Now use some common sense, don’t make them come to Tally. If you have to, fire up that mini-van, drop the family off at Busch Gardens and make your rounds. Then get a room, and take the family to Charlie’s or Burns for a really nice steak. On Day 2, take the family to Lowry Park Zoo and contact the former Officers. The ones that worked under Capt. N and LT. RF since the districts were split. Now this will require a little leg work, but I’m sure you’re capable. Mine will be easy; I still live in the same house, on the same street and still have the same phone number. I can promise you that I still have all the records as well as the audio tape that you could use to terminate and possibly pursue criminal charges against LT. RF.

Mr. Gibson, you sold me in our face to face meeting. I found out afterwards that you had already sold yourself to the devil. Your lack of action and compassion resulted in some very difficult times for my family. If you would have been then, the man you claim to be now, it would have been appreciated.
In closing, talk is cheap. You mustered an attempt to justify you continuing blind eye approach to the corruption that is taking place under your watch, with this lame duck, the balls in your court approach. Well, I’m checking it back to you and am telling you that if you are as concerned with finding the truth as you are with your member’s marriages, birthdays etc… you need to be a leader and stamp out the seeds that are souring your agency. I am ready and still willing to go under oath to testify against Capt. N and LT. RF and Corp MT.

Sir, I know that you are a man of faith as I am. Tonight when you bow your head, ask the Lord for the strength to lead your people, and also the bravery that you need to go against the grain and do the right thing. Those Officers (and their families) need your HELP.

Thank you for the above post in regards to how issues are handled within DEP/DLE. These are not simply mere allegations of possible abuse of power, corruption and harassment. The hostile work environment is alive and well and tolerated by Tallahassee brass - why? - no one of common sense can figure that one out other than they all "go back in the day" together and so are covering each other's back whether right, wrong, illegal or immoral. An appearance of being a "man of faith" is good on paper but in reality the real men and women of faith are being abused by the Lt.'s, Capt.'s and all the way up the chain. Oh and there really is no "Chain of Command" there is the "Chain of Career-Death". You have a problem? Well then, report it up your chain of command - RIGHT!!! Why don't we just step in front of that speeding train right now and make it as painless as possible???

This issue is not dead nor is it beaten into the ground - it is just coming to light people. These posts are not by one single person - therefore it stands to reason that there are many current and former LEO's from DEP that could and will provide the truth but if you think for a second they would show their evidence here or to the IG's office or to the Tallahassee "Chain of Command" you are sadly mistaken. If the DEP/DLE brass truly care about their "team" and "team members" then they would want to have the truth be told and they would rectify the situation as soon as possible. Options for correcting the abuse of power that is going on in the SW district were given to Tallahassee on numerous occasions and the response from the brass in Tallahassee is something along the lines of -if I don't want to do anything to change the situation, I don't have to and I'm not going to.

If options for improving the work situation were given and automatically rejected well that tells you that the real agenda is not to actually make DEP/DLE an honorable, well functioning agency. The entire State knows the goings on of the LT. known as RF, his cpl. known as minnie me and the Capt. that oversee's them. The situation is not a local problem, it is the entire Dept.'s liability. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link -DEP/DLE has many weak links and those weak links ARE NOT the patrol officers - they are the ranking officers.

The "leadership" in Tallahassee put on a front of "change" when they brought in FDLE to moderate the meetings over the ways to improve the agency. Exactly how did they improve since then? Was the LT. ever reprimanded for his sexist comment in that meeting that was heard by all present including FDLE, the Capt. the other Lt. and the entire SW district? Don't think so. Yet if one of the patrol officers whispered such thoughts, they would have been reprimanded on the spot. No, it was tolerated and that is why the abuse continues because there is no accountability at the rank level. The FDLE meeting was only one example of the "out of control, out of touch mentality" that is allowed to continue. When there is no accountability or punishment for their actions whether they be verbal abuse, lies in regards to subordinates, or the wrecking of State owned vehicles during unauthorized chases off of State park property as well as drunken tirades in public, well then the rank feel that they are "untouchable" and can do as they wish.

Anyone ever thought of possibly sending these people to "remedial" management training and making sure that they pass before being let loose again to supervise? How about possibly some anger management sessions in helping certain members of rank learn how to handle their stresses appropriately.

Tallahassee, needs to either address the real situation and take care of business the way it should be or they can just keep burying their heads in the sand allowing good and qualified officers to simply come and go. Of course the damage that is done to the good officers and their families - well that would be "collateral damage" and there are acceptable levels of "collateral damage" now aren't there? Maybe we as a State will get lucky and the Legislators will decide that this agency has not proven its value to the tax payers of Florida. Maybe it will be consolidated or eliminated and the funding will be directed to an agency that actually cares not only about the the people of Florida, but about it's employees.

I for one, would like to hope that DEP/DLE would clean up it's own act and show some responsiblity and thus DEP could remain an active/viable department in the State system. After dealing with this agency and having first hand experiences with the DLE, I have lost most of my hoping ability.

12-23-2008, 01:52 AM
There needs to be an independent agency outside of state government to investigate all the issues dating back some ten years. If there are any federal violations involved, maybe one of those agencies such as the FBI could be called upon to assist. Otherwise as earlier posted, contact an investigative reporter and furnish this person with the appropriate information and let it go from there. I think this is being done in North Florida at this time. Merry Christmas.

12-25-2008, 05:36 PM
There needs to be an independent agency outside of state government to investigate all the issues dating back some ten years. If there are any federal violations involved, maybe one of those agencies such as the FBI could be called upon to assist. Otherwise as earlier posted, contact an investigative reporter and furnish this person with the appropriate information and let it go from there. I think this is being done in North Florida at this time. Merry Christmas.

I know that this guy is relentless when it comes to get all the facts. Plus, this is close to home for the offending players.

http://www.tampabays10.com/company/bios ... ryid=27618 (http://www.tampabays10.com/company/bios/member.aspx?storyid=27618)

12-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Why don't one of you poor spelling Einstein's actually come up with actual proof before you destroy reputations.

12-28-2008, 12:08 AM
Why don't you, the dictionary illiterate come up with a reputation before you demand proof? All #2 is worried about is losing his $100,000+ annual salary, his farm in Wakulla County and his beach house in Panama city. Do you have these assets? Reputations have already been destroyed and that is a fact. Contact the IA Section and request public records on all terminated or retired employees for the past two years. Then use your Webster to castigate us poor dumb officers. I think proof is on the way. Stay tuned.

Why don't one of you poor spelling Einstein's actually come up with actual proof before you destroy reputations.

12-28-2008, 01:27 PM

The reputations of hard working, DEP/DLE patrol and BEI officers have already been destroyed by those in the command staff. The rank in this agency does not need the patrol officers to destroy their reputations, the rank take care of that by themselves.

If the previous poster had read this strain from beginning to the end,(and understood everything that he/she read) then that poster would realize (maybe) that it has been stated on numerous posts that proof and evidence will not be posted on this site. It has also been previously established that these posts are from numerous posters and not simply coming from one source or disgruntled employee.

Bullying people into laying out the evidence will not happen here. Proof of unlawful and unethical behavior as well as hostilities in the work place has already been given over to the command staff in Tallahassee on numerous occasions. Other evidence of illegal vehicle pursuits, illegal traffic citations and unethical means of gathering those traffic citations has also already been handed over to Tallahassee. Tallahassee has chosen on numerous occasions to brush these issues under the carpet and punish those officers that brought them to light in the first place. Karma has a way of making its way full circle. I believe this may be the year of Karma.

12-28-2008, 05:40 PM
I agree with 5-0. You can't provide evidence or proof in this type of forum. Complaint after complaint has been forwarded to managment and IA with very predictable results. Two years ago management changed, but policies and practices did not. While you can't list detailed proof or evidence on this site, many statements have been made that support the concept of deficiences of management. I guess this could be considered by some as a form of proof, although not very definitive in nature.

I differ from 5-0 on one point. I did not take the post regarding evidence as one who would attempt to display it on this site. I took it as maybe there are things happening that we are unaware of. I guess we will all find Karma one of these days. Stay safe.

[quote="Adam 12":102lkl2a]Why don't one of you poor spelling Einstein's actually come up with actual proof before you destroy reputations.

The reputations of hard working, DEP/DLE patrol and BEI officers have already been destroyed by those in the command staff. The rank in this agency does not need the patrol officers to destroy their reputations, the rank take care of that by themselves.

If the previous poster had read this strain from beginning to the end,(and understood everything that he/she read) then that poster would realize (maybe) that it has been stated on numerous posts that proof and evidence will not be posted on this site. It has also been previously established that these posts are from numerous posters and not simply coming from one source or disgruntled employee.

Bullying people into laying out the evidence will not happen here. Proof of unlawful and unethical behavior as well as hostilities in the work place has already been given over to the command staff in Tallahassee on numerous occasions. Other evidence of illegal vehicle pursuits, illegal traffic citations and unethical means of gathering those traffic citations has also already been handed over to Tallahassee. Tallahassee has chosen on numerous occasions to brush these issues under the carpet and punish those officers that brought them to light in the first place. Karma has a way of making its way full circle. I believe this may be the year of Karma.[/quote:102lkl2a]

12-29-2008, 01:44 AM
I don't mean in this thread dumba$$, I mean doing your sworn obligation to bring this so called travesty and alleged cover up of law breaking to light. I think that if it is all true as you say, then you should be bulletproof from retaliation, grow a set 5-0.

12-29-2008, 12:13 PM
I don't mean in this thread dumba$$, I mean doing your sworn obligation to bring this so called travesty and alleged cover up of law breaking to light. I think that if it is all true as you say, then you should be bulletproof from retaliation, grow a set 5-0.

Not to be condescending or anything here but I don't believe "name calling" is required.

"I think that if it is all true as you say, then you should be bulletproof from retaliation.[/quote] This business is not the "Perfect World" you and others seem to think it is - this ain't a Walgreens commercial..."In a Perfect World"...obviously you have never tried to right a wrong in this or any other agency or you would be aware that there is no "Superman bulletproof" vest when it comes to shedding light on mismanagement practices. Exactly why would you insinuate that 5-O hasn't already upheld his/her sworn obligation to bring the travesties to light???

Thank you for your thoughts however and have a nice day.

12-29-2008, 06:27 PM
5-0, I apologize for the namecalling, but if you have fulfilled this obligation, why are you going on about it here?.

12-30-2008, 02:26 AM
Why don't you, the dictionary illiterate come up with a reputation before you demand proof? All #2 is worried about is losing his $100,000+ annual salary, his farm in Wakulla County and his beach house in Panama city. Do you have these assets? Reputations have already been destroyed and that is a fact. Contact the IA Section and request public records on all terminated or retired employees for the past two years. Then use your Webster to castigate us poor dumb officers. I think proof is on the way. Stay tuned.

Don't know about the salary, but according to the Property Appraiser's websites for Wakulla & Bay Counties, he does own about 30 acres in Wakulla Co. & a 1500 sq foot house along with a vacant .13 acre lot (50'x100') in Panama City. Interestingly, both previously belonged to Mary GIBSON or the life estate of. Perhaps a relative? Doesn't look like he's living that high on the hog to me.

12-30-2008, 12:14 PM

Don't know about the salary, but according to the Property Appraiser's websites for Wakulla & Bay Counties, he does own about 30 acres in Wakulla Co. & a 1500 sq foot house along with a vacant .13 acre lot (50'x100') in Panama City. Interestingly, both previously belonged to Mary GIBSON or the life estate of. Perhaps a relative? Doesn't look like he's living that high on the hog to me.

I think the entire point of this conversational strain has gotten a bit off the beaten path. It's not about personal property issues or 6 digit salary figures. It's not simply about one member of the department, it's about practically the entire chain of command staff. It's really, fundamentally about mismanagement practices of this department of DEP ie., DEP/DLE.

It's about unethical IA investigations and outcomes. It's about unethical, illegal ticketing practices. It's about hostile work environments going unanswered. It's about not offering "REMEDIAL" supervisory training to the ranking staff members. It's about not demanding counseling sessions for hostile ranking staff. It's about drinking problems that have been made public, where incidents have occurred in public and yet no counseling or reprimand given. (EAP Is available and confidential to all State Employees). It's about "keep em down and keep em dumb" mentality. It's about only allowing the "chosen few" to attend schools that are "free to the department".

Let's keep our focus on the topics that really matter. This board is for bringing issues to the "light" so that they may be addressed and improvements made. If the leadership of this department truly wish to make it a better, properly functioning entity, then they will address these root issues and correct where corrections are necessary.

It would in the end really only take a few steps to make the corrections where needed. I for one, am not betting on the leadership doing the right thing here and making the necessary adjustments. Until noticeable improvements are made, it is imperative that everyone continue to use the sounding board to bring these issues to the surface. The only way to affect change is by speaking up and doing something. In the "olden days" the management's stance could easliy be "we were unaware" of these problems but in today's world with technology at everyone's fingertips and Tallahassee thinking that everyone in the field has everything technological at their fingertips because "we have it here in the office" - well there really is no reason for leadership to be "in the dark" about any issues any longer.

12-31-2008, 04:19 AM
HEY!! Who is using the screen name 5-o. As the King of the World, I declared that as my handle. I demand an immediate IA to expose this imposter!!

I'm sorry what was that? ... Shut up and give us your opinion on the issues here. OK

I think that the former officers need to pick themselves up by the boot straps, hold their head high and move on. If that is not enough file a complaint with an outside agency not subject to the internal influence of this agency. Accept their findings and move on.

For the rest of us, I agree that there are remnants of the old administration who created an environment that could only be described as a "do as I say, not as I do" dictatorship. I did not enjoy the old administration, but I tolerated their disconnected, demanding and intolerant attitude.

We no longer have that administration and I think our new administration has bent over backwards to improve every facet of the DEP law enforcement. They have allowed us to be COPs, they have given us better tools to do our job and they have worked hard to improve our image with other law enforcement agencies.

Do we still have supervisors who need to be shown the door? Absolutely! But, we also have lazy recalcitrant officers and agents who are driven by misery, which is of their own creation. DEP would do well to show them the door at the same time.

So I will close with this ... give the adminstration a break. They continue to work towards improving our working conditions, but you are expecting too much too quick. It reminds me of the old saying if you give a mouse a cookie, he is going to want a glass of milk. Well, if you keep asking for a bigger glass the administration is going to throw up their hands and give up on trying to please, what they will percieve as, a bunch of ingrates who could never be satisfied.

So go ahead now and take your shots, but please take some deep breaths and a long hard look in the mirror to determine where you stand. I am on your side I want the best for our agency, but I do not want the door to slam in our face before we individually get to the place where we can describe DEP as a good job. For those who can never realize that achievement, move on; for everyone else, do not get sucked into their cynical world of discontent, make your own decision on what makes you satisfied. One last thing I am NOT affiliated with the administration of this department in any way, shape or form ... but I am King of the World, now give me my handle back!

01-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Mr Gibson, I'm still waiting on a visit. I've placed my evidence on the table by my front door. If you truly want some resolve, send someone by and I'll give it to them. See ya soon!!

01-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Mr Gibson, I'm still waiting on a visit. I've placed my evidence on the table by my front door. If you truly want some resolve, send someone by and I'll give it to them. See ya soon!!

Hey former dep guy/gal - I'm sure you've already done this but just to be safe - remember make copies of your evidence - and lock originals in your safe deposit box. Not that anyone is really going to come a knockin but in case of a miracle, you will want to have the originals safely stored away.

Also - an emissary really shouldn't be sent - the big kahuna should come in person.

01-03-2009, 11:46 AM
[quote="former dep":2b6548m9]Mr Gibson, I'm still waiting on a visit. I've placed my evidence on the table by my front door. If you truly want some resolve, send someone by and I'll give it to them. See ya soon!!

Hey former dep guy/gal - I'm sure you've already done this but just to be safe - remember make copies of your evidence - and lock originals in your safe deposit box. Not that anyone is really going to come a knockin but in case of a miracle, you will want to have the originals safely stored away.

Also - an emissary really shouldn't be sent - the big kahuna should come in person.[/quote:2b6548m9]

Thanks for the reminder! I've already made the copies. I dont believe I'll need them. Its funny how he (Mr.Gibson) can drive down to Tarpon Springs(?) in his mini van to socialize, but yet he cant drive down his state vehicle, while on duty, to poke around and ask a few questions. BTW I've attempted to call his home, blocking my number of course, and he would'nt accept the call!!!

01-03-2009, 01:09 PM
[quote="5-O":389ak7js][quote="former dep":389ak7js]Mr Gibson, I'm still waiting on a visit. I've placed my evidence on the table by my front door. If you truly want some resolve, send someone by and I'll give it to them. See ya soon!!

Also - an emissary really shouldn't be sent - the big kahuna should come in person.[/quote:389ak7js]

Thanks for the reminder! I've already made the copies. I dont believe I'll need them. Its funny how he (Mr.Gibson) can drive down to Tarpon Springs(?) in his mini van to socialize, but yet he cant drive down his state vehicle, while on duty, to poke around and ask a few questions. BTW I've attempted to call his home, blocking my number of course, and he would'nt accept the call!!![/quote:389ak7js]

"he cant drive down his state vehicle, while on duty, to poke around and ask a few questions." Probably because the answers are already known and they don't want to "face the truth" of the situation. It's much easier to "be an ostrich" and bury our head in the sand than it is to face the truth and take the appropriate action. Remedial training for supervisory staff and if that doesn't work - demotion or releasing them from their duties might be an option. Anger management courses and if that doesn't work - well the same as above....

It won't happen though - why ?- cause they all go wayyy back together to the good ole days of the academy and or Marine Patrol/other agencies... remember - a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link and it doesn't take a lot of weak links to break the chain - only one.

Keep up the good work former dep guy/gal. If we all stop fighting for what is right well then we've joined the ranks of doing what is wrong and unethical.

01-09-2009, 10:16 PM
I get quite tickled by references to the Florida Marine Patrol. I am a retired Marine Patrol Officer and I would like to say that the ad,ia chief, training chief, pp chief and bei chief have never gone through the FMP Academy. With the exception of the bei chief, the others could not have made it through the physical part of the program. The bei guy would probably not have made it through academically according to people who know him. Your number one made it through, but I understand there were some ethical considerations surrounding personnel in his class.

All of us that were in the FMP are aware the agency had some problems and was not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but the academy was second to none. So, I would ask before you criticize a program you never participated in, just walk a mile in our shoes and you will have my respect. Until then, I will continue to be tickled by your remarks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote="Former dep":28z197o9][quote="5-O":28z197o9][quote="former dep":28z197o9]Mr Gibson, I'm still waiting on a visit. I've placed my evidence on the table by my front door. If you truly want some resolve, send someone by and I'll give it to them. See ya soon!!

Also - an emissary really shouldn't be sent - the big kahuna should come in person.[/quote:28z197o9]

Thanks for the reminder! I've already made the copies. I dont believe I'll need them. Its funny how he (Mr.Gibson) can drive down to Tarpon Springs(?) in his mini van to socialize, but yet he cant drive down his state vehicle, while on duty, to poke around and ask a few questions. BTW I've attempted to call his home, blocking my number of course, and he would'nt accept the call!!![/quote:28z197o9]

"he cant drive down his state vehicle, while on duty, to poke around and ask a few questions." Probably because the answers are already known and they don't want to "face the truth" of the situation. It's much easier to "be an ostrich" and bury our head in the sand than it is to face the truth and take the appropriate action. Remedial training for supervisory staff and if that doesn't work - demotion or releasing them from their duties might be an option. Anger management courses and if that doesn't work - well the same as above....

It won't happen though - why ?- cause they all go wayyy back together to the good ole days of the academy and or Marine Patrol/other agencies... remember - a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link and it doesn't take a lot of weak links to break the chain - only one.

Keep up the good work former dep guy/gal. If we all stop fighting for what is right well then we've joined the ranks of doing what is wrong and unethical.[/quote:28z197o9]

01-14-2009, 06:32 PM
I get quite tickled by references to the Florida Marine Patrol. I am a retired Marine Patrol Officer and I would like to say that the ad,ia chief, training chief, pp chief and bei chief have never gone through the FMP Academy. With the exception of the bei chief, the others could not have made it through the physical part of the program. The bei guy would probably not have made it through academically according to people who know him. Your number one made it through, but I understand there were some ethical considerations surrounding personnel in his class.

All of us that were in the FMP are aware the agency had some problems and was not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but the academy was second to none. So, I would ask before you criticize a program you never participated in, just walk a mile in our shoes and you will have my respect. Until then, I will continue to be tickled by your remarks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote="Former dep":ogq9fc1d][quote="5-O":ogq9fc1d][quote="former dep":ogq9fc1d]Mr Gibson, I'm still waiting on a visit. I've placed my evidence on the table by my front door. If you truly want some resolve, send someone by and I'll give it to them. See ya soon!!

Also - an emissary really shouldn't be sent - the big kahuna should come in person.

Thanks for the reminder! I've already made the copies. I dont believe I'll need them. Its funny how he (Mr.Gibson) can drive down to Tarpon Springs(?) in his mini van to socialize, but yet he cant drive down his state vehicle, while on duty, to poke around and ask a few questions. BTW I've attempted to call his home, blocking my number of course, and he would'nt accept the call!!![/quote:ogq9fc1d]

Keep up the good work former dep guy/gal. If we all stop fighting for what is right well then we've joined the ranks of doing what is wrong and unethical.[/quote:ogq9fc1d][/quote:ogq9fc1d]

Yea!!! :devil:

01-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Maybe Tallahassee is waiting on the official retirement of "Drunky , the Captain" in February. Hopefully we will get a new Captain that will not allow all of this bullsh!t to continue.

You know, things like.....

Not being able to take leave(leave that you have earned) without having to answer the Lt.'s question " What kind of activity have you had this week"?

or

Having to reveal exactly what is wrong with you when you call in sick. I thought that supervisors were not allowed to ask what is wrong with you when you call in sick.

Tallahassee, please consider that the Captain that takes over this district is going to have a huge job ahead of him or her. Please make sure they are qualified and have no built in favorites. Someone from out of district that are not old marine patrol buddies would be great.

To whomever is Captain, take the time to talk to your officers in your district and ask them what is going on.

Although, I am sure the Cpl mentioned earlier in this post is already hedging his bets and making phone calls to everyone that is remotely interested in ths Captains position. Afterall, he has a long trail of unethical and prejudical bullsh!t that is going to need to be covered up. Let's not forget that he is not qualified for the Lt's spot that will be vacant in two years, so the only chance that he has to be Lt. is through the "good ole boy" network. We all know that he already has Gibson's vote. At least that is what the Cpl believes. Turn about is fair play, right? The Cpl thinks that the letter that he wrote to Tallahassee single handedly moved Gibson into the AD spot.

Should be interesting

01-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Maybe Tallahassee is waiting on the official retirement of "Drunky , the Captain" in February. Hopefully we will get a new Captain that will not allow all of this bullsh!t to continue.

You know, things like.....

Not being able to take leave(leave that you have earned) without having to answer the Lt.'s question " What kind of activity have you had this week"?

or

Having to reveal exactly what is wrong with you when you call in sick. I thought that supervisors were not allowed to ask what is wrong with you when you call in sick.

Tallahassee, please consider that the Captain that takes over this district is going to have a huge job ahead of him or her. Please make sure they are qualified and have no built in favorites. Someone from out of district that are not old marine patrol buddies would be great.

To whomever is Captain, take the time to talk to your officers in your district and ask them what is going on.

Although, I am sure the Cpl mentioned earlier in this post is already hedging his bets and making phone calls to everyone that is remotely interested in ths Captains position. Afterall, he has a long trail of unethical and prejudical bullsh!t that is going to need to be covered up. Let's not forget that he is not qualified for the Lt's spot that will be vacant in two years, so the only chance that he has to be Lt. is through the "good ole boy" network. We all know that he already has Gibson's vote. At least that is what the Cpl believes. Turn about is fair play, right? The Cpl thinks that the letter that he wrote to Tallahassee single handedly moved Gibson into the AD spot.

Should be interesting

You got to face the facts…Our director wouldn’t be in his position if it were not for his connections to the Attorney General’s Office. Our AD wouldn’t be in his position if he was not connected to a former state legislator that represented his area. Our BC would not be in his position if it were not for the Tallahassee Police Department and Internal Affairs connection. Our Internal Affairs Captain’s would not be in their positions if it were not for their former Tallahassee Police Department connections. Let’s face it you got to have connections to get these positions and maintain these positions. Look at the Colonel, in AG Law Enforcement, arrested and convicted for DUI, and he is still keeping his job. It is who you know!! There are a lot more connections than just the ole Marine Patrol connections; it goes deep in our agency all the way to those fraternal connections. So don’t throw stone in a glass house, it is our agency that keeps us down and will continue to keep us down under these crony connections.

Rusted Frame
01-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Hey Spratt,

The criteria you set for the new captain are unreal as are your cry baby reasons for leave and sick time. Grow a set and do your job rather than ambushing different people with your petty claims.

Look inward for reasons of your own personal failure instead of blaming others. Repeating, grow a set.

01-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Hey Spratt,

The criteria you set for the new captain are unreal as are your cry baby reasons for leave and sick time. Grow a set and do your job rather than ambushing different people with your petty claims.

Look inward for reasons of your own personal failure instead of blaming others. Repeating, grow a set.

Dear Rusted Frame:

Once again your childish, disrespectful, anatomy induced tirades are showing that many previous posters are correct about this agency. You are repeatedly ignoring the real truth about this supervisor and the chain of command. Besides, what cliché is next, "My dad can beat up your dad?"

You are probably the same officer that I have personally had to apologize for your illegal and immoral actions over and over again to the public. You are probably the same officer that has been a constant embarrassment to this agency since the day you got hired. You are probably the same officer that thinks everything the chain and your Lt. tells you is the truth.

It is time to face the facts. You and your 3rd grade mentality don’t represent this agency. Everyone who is attempting to correct the unethical and immoral actions of the Lt. and Captain in the Southwest District are representatives of an agency that wants to see progress and ethics prevail. The truth will prevail, much to your surprise.

Every single claim by people on this forum of unethical and immoral actions by the Lt. and Capt. are absolutely true and correct. Tallahassee has repeatedly chosen to ignore these people and their actions by choice. Many excellent officers have been forced out of this agency because of these 2 supervisors and their constant lies. Many more will follow.

My advice to you Mr. Rusted Frame is prepared for changes in your job description. You might even be wearing a different colored uniform in the future. Because of you and your supervisors, the black eye will only continue to get worse. Your attitude and work ethic will be the downfall of this agency.

Now, go back to sitting on your stop sign.

01-30-2009, 09:27 PM
[quote="Rusted Frame":uavtalzl]Hey Spratt,

Dear Rusted Frame:

Once again your childish, disrespectful, anatomy induced tirades are showing that many previous posters are correct about this agency. You are repeatedly ignoring the real truth about this supervisor and the chain of command. Besides, what cliché is next, "My dad can beat up your dad?"

You are probably the same officer that I have personally had to apologize for your illegal and immoral actions over and over again to the public. You are probably the same officer that has been a constant embarrassment to this agency since the day you got hired. You are probably the same officer that thinks everything the chain and your Lt. tells you is the truth.

It is time to face the facts. You and your 3rd grade mentality don’t represent this agency. Everyone who is attempting to correct the unethical and immoral actions of the Lt. and Captain in the Southwest District are representatives of an agency that wants to see progress and ethics prevail. The truth will prevail, much to your surprise.

Every single claim by people on this forum of unethical and immoral actions by the Lt. and Capt. are absolutely true and correct. Tallahassee has repeatedly chosen to ignore these people and their actions by choice. Many excellent officers have been forced out of this agency because of these 2 supervisors and their constant lies. Many more will follow.

My advice to you Mr. Rusted Frame is prepared for changes in your job description. You might even be wearing a different colored uniform in the future. Because of you and your supervisors, the black eye will only continue to get worse. Your attitude and work ethic will be the downfall of this agency.

Now, go back to sitting on your stop sign.[/quote:uavtalzl]

01-31-2009, 02:28 AM
I have agree with the sentiments expressed by that officer.

I do not see how that fits in with this post.

02-01-2009, 12:34 PM
I have agree with the sentiments expressed by that officer.

I do not see how that fits in with this post.

I am in agreement with you JackSpratt as the post does not quite fit in with the current conversation of this strain. Perhaps the author was simply trying to show that there are "issues" within the department throughout the state and that it is not simply limited to the Southwest district.

The Southwest district probably does hold the record for poor leadership skills and abuse of power by its leadership "regime" however it obviously is not the only area of the state where attention to the goings on is required.

Baklava where are you?? I'm sure you and Former DEP person have new input to this conversation.

Rusted Frame
02-01-2009, 03:55 PM
To Are you Joking,

Your post is way off limits. Personal attacks should be over the line, but those of you that do so thrive on this system of anonymity.

I do find it amusing that Spratt also found your post offensive, given that Spratt's was no different. If you still work for us you need to call EAP and talk to somebody (seriously), otherwise get on with your life.

On a more productive note, Avidreader suggests that all new leadership is needed in the SW and elsewhere in the state. Wondering Avidreader, what exactly would you do to accomplish your theory. Please offer some logical solutions to support your statements so we can ponder and discuss.

dubltapp
02-19-2009, 04:12 AM
Wow, I think this thread got a little off topic.....LOL. Being a Pennkamp survivor myself, I understand your frustrations. It sounds like things have changed quite a bit in the years since I was there, but it also sounds like some of the older "park rangers" promoted to LEO command staff are still around.

What ever happened to Perry Joyner? He was a great guy........

03-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Is a federal law suite considered an official complaint?

1J130

Respectfully,
Greg Gibson

03-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Sorry, suit not suite.

Is a federal law suite considered an official complaint?

1J130

Respectfully,
Greg Gibson

03-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey Gibson, I'm still waiting!!!! Come by the house and I'll give you enough tangible evidence to personally arrest RF. Personally I think your actions appear cowardly!!!

03-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Hey Gibson, I'm still waiting!!!! Come by the house and I'll give you enough tangible evidence to personally arrest RF. Personally I think your actions appear cowardly!!!

I also have more than enough evidence to have that steroid using fool brought up on civil and criminal charges.

I think when Gibson is done at your house, he can stop by my house. Heck, I'll even deliver to Tally for no additional charge. Maybe we can carpool. This is the time to go when the legislature is in session and the press is everyhwere. Especially now that they are thinking of merging FWC and DEP, this won't look good!

My lawyer thinks it is a great idea.

04-08-2009, 01:19 AM
[quote="former dep":2d1imw81]Hey Gibson, I'm still waiting!!!! Come by the house and I'll give you enough tangible evidence to personally arrest RF. Personally I think your actions appear cowardly!!!

I also have more than enough evidence to have that steroid using fool brought up on civil and criminal charges.

I think when Gibson is done at your house, he can stop by my house. Heck, I'll even deliver to Tally for no additional charge. Maybe we can carpool. This is the time to go when the legislature is in session and the press is everyhwere. Especially now that they are thinking of merging FWC and DEP, this won't look good!

My lawyer thinks it is a great idea.[/quote:2d1imw81]

Carpooling sounds like a good idea, especially if you're leaving from the Brooksville area. It would be unfortunate if there was a traffic accident; who knows if it would be reported correctly, or even honestly. You would think that someone would look at themselves before slinging mud. Do you think that this trip to Tallahassee would be any different than your standards hearing?

04-08-2009, 12:03 PM
[quote="former dep":1nr82y65]Hey Gibson, I'm still waiting!!!! Come by the house and I'll give you enough tangible evidence to personally arrest RF. Personally I think your actions appear cowardly!!!

My lawyer thinks it is a great idea.

Carpooling sounds like a good idea, especially if you're leaving from the Brooksville area. It would be unfortunate if there was a traffic accident; who knows if it would be reported correctly, or even honestly. You would think that someone would look at themselves before slinging mud. Do you think that this trip to Tallahassee would be any different than your standards hearing?[/quote:1nr82y65]

Is that a threat??? Exactly what does the Brooksville area have to do with anything??? Remember - one should never "ASSUME". Your reality of the truth may be just that - Your reality only and not the truth at all. Do not presume to know who wrote what and who comes from what part of the state - there are many people who read this board and know the players and can add to the conversation mix. Your arrogance shines through - again.

04-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Have your attorney contact Attorneys Marie Mattox and Danielle Kelley in Tallahassee if you wish to impart some pertinent information. A federal lawsuit has been filed against certain DEP parties and is going forth. I do not think they need any further information, but if you have relevant documentation, give it a shot. Whether or not the lawyers need the information will be their decision, but give it a chance if you want. I know I would if it was as positive as you stated. Take care.

[quote="former dep":254ctj5p]Hey Gibson, I'm still waiting!!!! Come by the house and I'll give you enough tangible evidence to personally arrest RF. Personally I think your actions appear cowardly!!!

My lawyer thinks it is a great idea.[/quote:254ctj5p]

04-10-2009, 03:52 AM
I would LOVE to share with them. Can you post theirs px?

05-01-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't have their px numbers, but you can go the the Florida Bar website and get the contact information for both of them.

05-07-2009, 12:37 AM
I would LOVE to share with them. Can you post theirs px?

Law Office of Danielle Joyner Kelley, P.A.
6753 Thomasville Road, Suite 108-310
Tallahassee, FL 32312
PHONE: (850) 933-8964
E-mail us:
firm@dkelleylaw.com
http://www.dkelleylaw.com/home.html

Marie Mattox:
310 East Bradford Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32303
Telephone: (850) 383-4800
http://www.mattoxlaw.com/index.html

You can submit all your information on this link.http://www.mattoxlaw.com/index-forms.html .

12-08-2010, 02:53 PM

Respectfully,
Greg Gibson

According to the lawsuit gainst you, anytime complaints are filed, they get swept under the rug orand the complainants are retaliated against. Why do you welcome the calls? Your current witchhunts boring you? And by the way, I'm a civilian blogger/journalist monitoring this site and state law enforcement.

12-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Hey journalist, you aren't too good as nothing is publicly publsihed. :devil:

12-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Florida DEP, the place for retirees and cops with speech impediments.

12-11-2010, 01:28 AM
It sounds like there are a bunch of disgruntled former employees and wannabes that were never hired

Respectfully,
Greg Gibson

According to the lawsuit gainst you, anytime complaints are filed, they get swept under the rug orand the complainants are retaliated against. Why do you welcome the calls? Your current witchhunts boring you? And by the way, I'm a civilian blogger/journalist monitoring this site and state law enforcement.