PDA

View Full Version : :( SHERIFF FIRES CARLO DALEO!!!!!!

10-30-2008, 07:19 PM
I CAN'T BELEIVE YOU SHERIFF!!!! CARLO DALEO HAS BEEN AT YOUR AGENCY FOR 16 YEARS.... THE MAN HAS SOME MEDICAL PROBLEMS SO HE CAN'T COME BACK TO WORK RIGHT AWAY.
SO THE SERGEANT AND CAPTAIN RESPOND TO THE HOSPITAL , NOT TO CHECK ON HIM BUT TO TELL HIM HE IS FIRED........ SHERIFF YOU HAVE MADE ME SICK RIGHT NOW.
COULD YOU HAVE PUT HIM ON LEAVE WITH NO PAY? BUT TO JUST COME OUT AND FIRE HIM WAS A POOR JUDGEMENT CALL.....SORRY SHERIFF, THAT WAS A CRAPPY THING TO DO. THE MAN HAS TWO CHILDREN TO SUPPORT AND YOU TURNED YOUR BACK ON HIM.
P.S. YOU WILL NOT HAVE MY VOTE OR ANY OF THE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE THAT I KNOW IN HERNANDO COUNTY ON NOV.4

10-31-2008, 12:15 AM
Dear Sheriff,

I'm highly disappointed in your lack of caring for one deputy. I'm sure this could have been handled another way and instead you choose to fire a deputy for an illiness. This is not what I like to see from a leader in our agency. I'm sure Tom Mylander would have never done this to one of his deputy's. This act is a true/deep disgrace to our agency.

11-01-2008, 01:30 AM
If this had been anyone in 102's inner circle of hanger-onner's the rules would have been bent six ways from Sunday! So much for Christian compassion!

11-01-2008, 10:05 AM
I heard the news about Carlo earlier, and it really ticked me off. He has 16 years with the S.O., and he is a former Deputy of the Year. Just because his FMLA leave was up doesn't mean that you had to fire him. There are plenty of other arrangements that could have been made to retain him as an employee. He could have been placed on unpaid leave. How could you morally justify sending your subordinates over to Shands so they could tell Carlo (who was lying in his hospital bed) that he was out of a job? You are just so concerned about your bottom line that you have lost all traces of humanity.

Now, in this horrible economy, you have taken food out of the mouths of Carlo's children. How is he expected to pay his mortgage? When he gets better, how do you expect him to find work with the unemployment rate as high as it is? Looks like Carlo will be another unfortunate foreclosure statistic, thanks to you. Think about that when you are warm and cozy in your huge house. Nothing like screwing a poor Deputy right before Christmas. Hope his kids enjoy getting NOTHING for Christmas this year.

EVEN WORSE, how is he supposed to pay for his medical treatment now that his HCSO insurance is gone? Are you gonna chip in for that??? Don't think so.

You sicken me. God help us all.

11-01-2008, 02:20 PM
What happened to the so-called new policy of sending out an email to all employess notifying us of resignations and terminations? Im sure more than half the office still has no clue about Carlo being fired. Plenty of us would've donated sick time if it was needed. The sheriff has lost his freakin mind ! I've given up on trying to make sense of this place. No wonder morale is in the shitter. Your staff and your subordinates can wait for you and your drone to leave in 2 years !

11-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Now is the time for us non chosen few at this agency to stand together and support Carlo. Most of us have worked with him and know he is a great guy. This could be any of us and you see how this so called administation takes care of us. Carlo is one of the nicest persons you could ever meet and would do anything for you. A person who dedicated 16 years to this agency and this is how they show their thanks. The only ones they care about are their golden children who write lots of checks for the campaign, kiss ass and sell their soul to the devil. We have no one to watch out for us from above so we need to take care of ourselves. Just a word to the Golden Childen at HCSO, your day will come and like those in the past you will be asking yourself how could they do this to me after all I have done for them. History will continue to repeat itself.

11-02-2008, 03:59 PM
This is why this web-sight needs to go.. You MORONS do not have the BALLS and find out the real story. Have you talked to Carlo??? This is a federal law that added to our policies because a few idiots abused the system at the tax payers expense. Did you know that the department helped him with unemployment insurance , and pay???? Why don't you inquire before you show your true stupidity on this from.... And for the true recorded.. He was not fired... He has an opportunity to come back once he is well enough. The press even tried to make a story out of it... and Carlo even told them that was no story.... So you idiots need to take care of yourself and not worry about others..

And LEO affairs needs to go..

11-02-2008, 05:20 PM
The memo I got did not say "You're Fired", it said "Non Disciplinary Dismissal". So although I may not have been "fired", I do have to turn all my stuff in, so feel free to interpret that as you wish (I know how I am interpreting it). For anyone who does want to know the "real story" feel free to call me anytime. I hope that just because my employment at the S.O. is over, my friendships are not.

11-02-2008, 07:12 PM
When are you guys going to realize that hcso and the administration do not care one bit.You can be a golden boy one minute and fired the next.They are scared for their own jobs.The admin. is friends with each other only in a proffesional way.They can care less about each other.Look at Lt. Baxley, when we was putting in 60-80 hours a week and gettnig paid for 40 hours.COme on guys wake up!!!go home and play golf or paint a bedroom wall!!

11-02-2008, 10:10 PM
"So you idiots need to take care of yourself and not worry about others.." There are those wonderful Christian Republican family values again. "ME ME ME" "Take care of yourself and forget about the others". Lovely.

As for the federal law you are so proudly touting. It is called the Family Medical Leave Act and what it states is that an employer must provide three months of leave to an employee for a qualifying medical event with no termination of medical benefits provided that the employee keeps up the payments that he/she is responsible for (if he/she is required to pay for their medical benefits) NO where in the law does it state that an employee MUST BE TERMINATED after such time is exhausted. The law gives the employer the right to terminate the employee. There is a BIG difference. Get your facts straight.

I truly feel for Carlo because he is (or in this case was) a great cop and a good and exemplary employee. It is an unfortunate situation all the way around. I do restate my point that had this been anyone in the inner circle, they would have found a way around it. There are a few select employees, who shall remain namless, who are allowed to "work from home" due to family and personal medical issues only because they are "connected'. This, despite the fact that there is no formal work at home policy in place, nor any procedure in place to track these hours. And this is only because that these indiduals have burned through every hour of time that they have and don't qualify for FMLA because of their patterns of use (or abuse).

Hang in there, Carlo. You have the support and admiration of your friends at the HCSO.

11-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Hey Get It Straight, Yes I do have the balls to call Carlo and get the story but most of all to offer my support and assistance to him and his family in this time. I love your attitude about how we need to take care of ouselves and forget the others, well let us know who you are so we can keep that statement in mind when they shove it up your a##. FMLA was set up to protect employees from employers who have the same mind set as this administration. They DID NOT have to terminate Carlo it was Nugents choice. As far as the offer to come back to work they simply stated that hopefully he would CONSIDER re applying not that the would take him back. If he does come back will he get his former rate of pay or just step two, can you say pay cut. Anyone who gets fired, resigns or however they leave this place has the chance to reapply so that is no big offer. Who in the hell would want to come back to this place anyway.

11-03-2008, 04:08 AM
Does anyone know where the F.O.P. was on this one ? What the hell are my dues paying for?

11-06-2008, 05:46 AM
The FOP is more concerned about runnng thier BINGO, than protecting fellow employees...

11-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Guys our sheriff is a spineless human being whos out for his good oleboys in the inner circle.Its a shame he dont have a backbone and has his upper chronies doing his dirty work.How you think they feel doing it?But they also know they are on thin ice at anytime.I only have a few years left here but I would be gone if I knew what I know.I would go to a secure police dept. and not be a driving salesman with a lightbar on my car.Look at libengood and now Carlo!!But how about the sheriffs 2-3 hour lunches including his workouts and etc. when he was a major.Its amazing the way he is a turncoat.To the new guys:its a job but dont think its forever and secure.When he has the bulleye on you or staff,you cant hide.

11-07-2008, 02:29 PM
If you are not happy then leave... the world needs ditch diggers too!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: YOU MORON

11-08-2008, 01:13 PM
SPINELESS!!!!!!!Should be a bent over hunchback

11-12-2008, 01:40 PM
sue them for wrongful termination and you will win!

11-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Guys just hope we dont have health problems or we are out the door!!Not like the stress from this place has anything to do to affect our health hahahah

FOP21
11-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Not only are they firing 16 years vet but also new guys who are learning the system. Recent new deputy was fired because of a citizen complain that he was parking his patrol vehicle in his zone. A known criminal (THOMAS DROSS) calls the sheriff's office and complains that a patrol vehicle is parked on a block. The Nugent and his good O'boy crew believes the criminal and not the deputy. Carlo should had never been fired nor the new deputy. Nugent and Hensley need to reported to FDLE or have the FBI investigate them. Was too hard to tell Carlo we are assigning to a desk position or tell the new deputy don't park there anymore. Unlike other deputies who are caught in the act having an affair with another Sgt.

11-22-2008, 03:40 PM
They have always sided against us when it comes to a complaint.WHy you think Nugent is turning his head to south brooksville instead of doing something about it.Lets take a drive down continental,union st,anytime and we will see dealers there selling like crazy 24-7 and on mlk dr.He just dont want to stir the pot and wants us to be salesman.The new guys have no idea.

11-23-2008, 03:45 PM
You DUMBA$$'s do not know what you are talking about and you do not understand Federal Law's . Because we had people abusing the system this policy had to be changed. We have just like any other agency a fitness for duty policy. This was not a personal slam against Carlo. Do we have some problems in the agency? YES are we the only agency with problems? No The grass is always not greener on the other side of the fence. If Rumor Control is what you live on then you are really a Dumb A$$. My advice to you is GROW UP if you are not man/woman enough to voice your opinion to someone then keep these opinions to yourself or if you have to scream into your pillow at night when you go to bed. And for the SMART ASS who said what is the FOP doing for Carlo well I found out they paid his CORBA Insurance till FEB 2009, And are helping him with his disability claim. So what have you done????????

:snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: ::

11-25-2008, 04:32 AM
The FOP assistance came after that post was made. You need to take a pill dude.

01-09-2009, 11:42 PM
If you are not happy then leave... the world needs ditch diggers too!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: YOU MORON

This mentality is what is and has disrupted HCSO for far too long. It's disgusting, but it shows what we have on staff here.

:evil:
:cop:

01-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Not only are they firing 16 years vet but also new guys who are learning the system. Recent new deputy was fired because of a citizen complain that he was parking his patrol vehicle in his zone. A known criminal (THOMAS DROSS) calls the sheriff's office and complains that a patrol vehicle is parked on a block. The Nugent and his good O'boy crew believes the criminal and not the deputy. Carlo should had never been fired nor the new deputy. Nugent and Hensley need to reported to FDLE or have the FBI investigate them. Was too hard to tell Carlo we are assigning to a desk position or tell the new deputy don't park there anymore. Unlike other deputies who are caught in the act having an affair with another Sgt.

I could not agree more with the bolded part of this quote.

Remember, Whistle Blowers have protection. Step up and do the right thing!!

:cop:

01-18-2009, 02:15 AM
Has anyone heard from Carlo recently? I was just wondering how he is doing. i hope he is ok.

01-19-2009, 03:49 PM
For all you new guys.Heres an example of how you can be thrown out with the dirty underwear real quick.Always have a back up plan and get a college degree to back you up.Or better yet,if I was younger,I would have went to police dept.with a real union and job protection.

02-01-2009, 08:21 PM
The FOP assistance never came-What was done is a shame. Talk about brotherhood? What a joke !!

02-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Its his own fault.Wake up everyone!dont feel sorry for yourself,when your given a pink slip.You know where u work and the history.

02-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Its his own fault.Wake up everyone!dont feel sorry for yourself,when your given a pink slip.You know where u work and the history.

Who will be asked to resign this week? Pink slips aren't always handed out.........

02-02-2009, 09:00 PM
wow.U would think a new sheriff came in after an election.Hes using big broom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

02-02-2009, 09:06 PM
He's got a long way to go. HSO has problems that have been hidden for too long. How is Nugent going to sweep himself out? That's what really needs done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-03-2009, 02:05 AM
In reply to: shouldhaveknown wrote:
What kind of Moronic response is this? How could this possibly be Carlo's fault? Feel sorry for yourself? Have you bothered to talk to Carlo? For a man such as him, with a family to support I would not say he is feeling sorry for himself. Get a grip guy, you're way off base. Kinda scarey that someone with your mentality works among us. Go try reading a muscle magazine your brain has turned to mush.

02-03-2009, 03:46 AM
I'm feeling sorry for us all....also I'm ashamed at our so called leader Nugent and ALL of HIS GOOD OL' BOYS for their lack of heart!! Fault? Carlo is the last one at fault. Amazing how dogs turn on each other isn't it?

02-03-2009, 11:40 AM
I understand the above post.Its just saying expect anything at this agency.Knifes go in back easily here.

02-03-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm feeling sorry for us all....also I'm ashamed at our so called leader Nugent and ALL of HIS GOOD OL' BOYS for their lack of heart!! Fault? Carlo is the last one at fault. Amazing how dogs turn on each other isn't it?

10-4!

02-07-2009, 02:18 PM
To those of you who have kept in touch with me, I really appreciate the phone calls and visits. Most of those have come from people I didn't expect them from. I guess in times like this you really find out who your friends are. For the ones that I haven't heard from but still wonder how I am doing, I guess I am doing pretty well considering the circumstances. This whole mess has been a roller coaster ride of ups and downs. As far as all of the assistance that I was supposed to be or am supposedly getting, yeah I am still waiting for that. I read a post earlier that said that the fop was helping me out with insurance until February of 2009. To set the record straight, that is false. The cobra premiums were not paid and I received a letter in the middle of January stating that they were canceling my insurance back to October 31, 2008. Pretty sad since the medication I started in December cost $5,000 for (6) injections. I contacted the "people" that needed to know about this and was told that it would be taken care of. Whether it has been straightened out or not, I really do not know. I make phone calls but do not get them returned. Luckily for me, my ex-wife put me on her insurance (yes, she was able to do that) and I am now covered under her insurance but we are paying an extra $200.00 a month for that. Unemployment??? I was not able to collect unemployment because I was terminated for a medical reason, I was told that since I was medically unable to work I was not eligible for unemployment. I also read earlier that I was offered my job back when I am well enough. Well yes, I was offered a job in "Communications". I just wonder why the offer came after I was terminated. As much as I admire what the dispatchers and personnel in communications do, I do not feel at this time that working in there at this time would do my health much good. Please do not get me wrong, I do not feel that I have felt sorry for myself now or since this whole thing started. I guess I just got schooled in "Life 101" (no pun intended). I am also not bitter or angry about what happened, I am however hurt. I always tried to do my best there, volunteered, was on call 24/7, and available for anything that came up at the last minute. Since I got sick last July, NOT ONE TIME have I received so much as a phone call from the "boss". I was told that his feelings were hurt after the last post that I put on here, which had my name on it. His feelings were hurt??? He wasn't the one getting a visit in the hospital telling him he no longer had a job. By no means am I here to bash the office or anyone else. But I do sit here and read these posts once in a while and see that some people wonder how I am doing. Like I said earlier I am doing well, thanks to the positive support from my friends, former coworkers, and family. I wish you ALL the best, stay well and stay safe. Hope to hear from you guys or see some of you soon. Thank you again to all my friends!

02-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Good to hear from you Carlo. :D

02-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Carlo,you are exactly right.My opinion is that he dont care and never has.Look at some of the other incidents of other officers involved in incidents involving injuries,officers who were targeted,or officers who were attacked by other obvious reasons,or even discriminated against,or divorces.If I did not work here,I would not even say hello if I seen him on the street.I will be cordial to him,as he is my boss but I take only so far,and respect him as I am dedicated to this agency.Well good luck to you,And you were a major education to all the employees.You can be here one day,and on your butt the next day without any remorse.I knew that was the game here and seen it,but the real fresh newbies got a reminder.Take care my friend.I will withhold my name,cause i perhaps could be next. :D

02-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Everyone who knows or ever worked for Sheriff Mylander knows that he was a straight shooter who would tell you how it was. His handshake was as good as his word. With the current administration you have no idea what kind of plotting is going on in those little minds. I guess they haven't read any of their "Character First" manuals.

02-07-2009, 08:24 PM
i think its time to let everyone know what a crapper we work at. any ideas on how? i thought what happen to Daleo would been in the paper by now. do they own the press to?

02-08-2009, 02:26 PM
I remember the days of Mylander. A genuine , god fearing , absolute commanding leadership. His presence and demeanor made you apart of the team. The man did not exercise his authority , he was just a common man. His presence represented integrity and honesty. If you were to meet Mylander for the first time, you immediately like this man. You see, in Mylander's administration , he had no favorites and you earn what you got. If you earn a promotion, You got it. Mylander didn't play games with passing scores. He didn't lower standards with passing scores in the sixty precent.
Experience road deputies with educational degrees and seniority would be given the rank of detective. You didn't have to apply seven times to be turned down, as it is now.
Race and gender bias did not exist in day of Tom Mylander ,as it is now. How many females or minority detective do you see? Detective were given the rank because they earn it, not because of family ties or on a friendship basis.
Deputies whom has fallen ill, would be cared for and keep employed in Mylander's administration, unlike Carlo's situation.
You would not witness sgts and Lts force to resign at an alarming rate over small issues.
John Manning and Lt Morrison would still be employed, but Lt Libengood would still be gone.The property room issue would never occurred, Mylander wouldn't have questionable deputies or civilians in these position.
As for the chief and forensic situation, the first sight of any corruption would have been dissolved. People would have been terminated. Do you remember Major GZ Smith , his behavior by Mylander was ruled inappropriate and was let go.
Bottom line Mylander showed up for work with a passion to serve the people of hernando county for sixteen years, they loved him. The deputies and civilians Loved him. He did so with a Genuine Smile , unlike the current grin we see Now.

02-08-2009, 04:58 PM
And most of all if you were right Mylander would stand up for his men, no matter how the press and public perception were. He would take the shirt off his back for any dedicated employee to the office. Its funny how this agency has gone from one of the best in the state, to the the current low morale place it is. I use to go to training classes back in the day with mylander and other guys in other agencies throughout the state would compliment on how they heard Hernando was one of the better agencies in the state. Now you go to training classes and they are like what happened to you guys? I hope the two upper clowns are happy to what happened to this agency. Of course we have one up the publics butt so much he cant be found, and the other one in closed doors in the biometrics unit playing choo choo. So what do you expect?

I just hope the future administration remembers what his father and Mylander built and can reshape it back to that great agency it once was.

02-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I agree with most that you said about Sheriff Mylander but there are a few things to keep in mind. Nugent was a road deputy when Mylander first took office and had only been here about 8 months to a year. Mylander took him off the road to be part of his restructuring team and he went up the ladder from there. Hensley got busted down from det sgt to det. based on Jerry Calhoun's input. He made sgt again in a short period of time and went up the ladder from there. John Manning was put in his position from comm center to property under Mylander. I am friends with Kevin Morrison and have spoken with him since he retired. He made it very clear that he just felt it was time to retire and did so on his own with no pressure to do so. Whether or not he was feeling the stress of the job is unknown. We all feel stress differently and handle it differently. I think Mylander or Don Shields would have done something about the Hensley situation. And yes I like Mike as a person and he is one hell of a cop on equal terms. But couldn't stand working under him. I don't believe it to be true but the appearance can kill you as bad as the actual act. I just find it amazing that a new deputy can come on the dept. and become good friends with another male deputy. They have alot incommen, go partying together, go to bucs games, the daytona 500 etc and no one cares. But if one of them get promotted then the other now becomes a butt kisser and if the other is a female then your sleeping together. People assume so much without investigating and getting all the facts. How many sit back and assume they know what goes on at staff meeting behind closed doors. How many actually go down and read IA's to find out what really happened as oppsed to just assuming. What is even more amusing is if Nugent came to one of the people on here and made that person part of the upper staff, then you would be on the other side and a butt kisser and a favorite son as so many claim on here. You on here may be in a ranking position someday and people under you will say the same about you and now like all your decisions. Kinda like going from a teenager to an adult and now your kids hate your rules. One big circle.

I don't agree with what has happened to the department. The micro managing shows how little confidence is had for the people in the positions. I think star com or com stat or what you want to call it is a waste. Was good for large agencies like New York or Broward. But as small as Hernando is, if I can't depend on the majors, capt., lt., sgts or managers for accountability then why do I have then to begin with. I remember at one of the budget hearings at the county the sheriff's people were talking about the sheriff being able to look on his computer and see how many parts had been put on patrol cars and I believe how much gas a car has used also. I remember thinking that was nice but why would the sheriff want to?? Aren't there more important things he needs to know?? Doesn't he have people to do that job?? I doubt the CEO of Disney can look on his computer or even tell you how mouse ears have been sold or how much it cost to make them without one of his many staff people preparing him.

One last thing. I have always wondered why a guy would always come to work and do nothing but complain about his ole lady. I would wonder, if your that unhaoppy, then why are you with her?? The same applies to someone who comes to work and does nothing but piss and moan about the agency, the staff, the fellow employees or the county. My question is, why are you here?? You only have one life. Enjoy it. I could have stayed but I felt Nugent went from being a cop to a politician and Mike was driving me nuts so I said enough c-ya and gave up my drop. If your not happy then go where you can be happy. But also remember not all the bad things in life are others fault. Now you can rip into this and talk about another butt kisser or whatever crap you want to throw my way.

02-08-2009, 05:42 PM
This is why this web-sight needs to go.. You MORONS do not have the BALLS and find out the real story. Have you talked to Carlo??? This is a federal law that added to our policies because a few idiots abused the system at the tax payers expense. Did you know that the department helped him with unemployment insurance , and pay???? Why don't you inquire before you show your true stupidity on this from.... And for the true recorded.. He was not fired... He has an opportunity to come back once he is well enough. The press even tried to make a story out of it... and Carlo even told them that was no story.... So you idiots need to take care of yourself and not worry about others..

And LEO affairs needs to go..

Wonder if Carlo still thinks there is no story? I'm sure after reading his last post that he is surprised by what happened to him. Seems he still had faith in the brotherhood right to the end. Just goes to show there is none here. So YOU get it straight, this is why LEO needs to stay. We are getting the real story. We need to know the truth and not what you tell us at the HCSO. Good luck to you Carlo I wish you well.

02-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Great reply:
"Wonder if Carlo still thinks there is no story? I'm sure after reading his last post that he is surprised by what happened to him. Seems he still had faith in the brotherhood right to the end. Just goes to show there is none here. So YOU get it straight, this is why LEO needs to stay. We are getting the real story. We need to know the truth and not what you tell us at the HCSO. Good luck to you Carlo I wish you well."

02-08-2009, 06:09 PM
I agree with most that you said about Sheriff Mylander but there are a few things to keep in mind. Nugent was a road deputy when Mylander first took office and had only been here about 8 months to a year. Mylander took him off the road to be part of his restructuring team and he went up the ladder from there. Hensley got busted down from det sgt to det. based on Jerry Calhoun's input. He made sgt again in a short period of time and went up the ladder from there. John Manning was put in his position from comm center to property under Mylander. I am friends with Kevin Morrison and have spoken with him since he retired. He made it very clear that he just felt it was time to retire and did so on his own with no pressure to do so. Whether or not he was feeling the stress of the job is unknown. We all feel stress differently and handle it differently. I think Mylander or Don Shields would have done something about the Hensley situation. And yes I like Mike as a person and he is one hell of a cop on equal terms. But couldn't stand working under him. I don't believe it to be true but the appearance can kill you as bad as the actual act. I just find it amazing that a new deputy can come on the dept. and become good friends with another male deputy. They have alot incommen, go partying together, go to bucs games, the daytona 500 etc and no one cares. But if one of them get promotted then the other now becomes a butt kisser and if the other is a female then your sleeping together. People assume so much without investigating and getting all the facts. How many sit back and assume they know what goes on at staff meeting behind closed doors. How many actually go down and read IA's to find out what really happened as oppsed to just assuming. What is even more amusing is if Nugent came to one of the people on here and made that person part of the upper staff, then you would be on the other side and a butt kisser and a favorite son as so many claim on here. You on here may be in a ranking position someday and people under you will say the same about you and now like all your decisions. Kinda like going from a teenager to an adult and now your kids hate your rules. One big circle.

I don't agree with what has happened to the department. The micro managing shows how little confidence is had for the people in the positions. I think star com or com stat or what you want to call it is a waste. Was good for large agencies like New York or Broward. But as small as Hernando is, if I can't depend on the majors, capt., lt., sgts or managers for accountability then why do I have then to begin with. I remember at one of the budget hearings at the county the sheriff's people were talking about the sheriff being able to look on his computer and see how many parts had been put on patrol cars and I believe how much gas a car has used also. I remember thinking that was nice but why would the sheriff want to?? Aren't there more important things he needs to know?? Doesn't he have people to do that job?? I doubt the CEO of Disney can look on his computer or even tell you how mouse ears have been sold or how much it cost to make them without one of his many staff people preparing him.

One last thing. I have always wondered why a guy would always come to work and do nothing but complain about his ole lady. I would wonder, if your that unhaoppy, then why are you with her?? The same applies to someone who comes to work and does nothing but piss and moan about the agency, the staff, the fellow employees or the county. My question is, why are you here?? You only have one life. Enjoy it. I could have stayed but I felt Nugent went from being a cop to a politician and Mike was driving me nuts so I said enough c-ya and gave up my drop. If your not happy then go where you can be happy. But also remember not all the bad things in life are others fault. Now you can rip into this and talk about another butt kisser or whatever crap you want to throw my way.
Hey bob--while you are wondering.....ever wonder how a Christian man can come to work and recite scriptures yet have an affair on his wife while nobody says a word? Ever wonder how a 16 yr. vet gets treated so poorly? Ever wonder why this agency got the way it is? Ever wonder how many "unhappy" families would have to pick up and leave because of a few a$$es? Ever wonder if Mylander knew what was going to happen he would have chose someone else...Time to go play golf isn't it Bob?

02-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Nice to hear from you Capt. Bob. I hope you are enjoying your retirement. I for one respcet what Bob has to say. Even though he was feared by many for his ruff and gruff attitude and demeanor, he would always stand behind his men 110% if they were right.

02-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Nice to hear from you Capt. Bob. I hope you are enjoying your retirement. I for one respcet what Bob has to say. Even though he was feared by many for his ruff and gruff attitude and demeanor, he would always stand behind his men 110% if they were right.
Bob made some sense but could have left out some personal issues that have nothing to do with DaLeo getting axed and the excuses for nugent. Everwonder was right. Nobody would have let our so called boss run this agency the way he does and there are far to many of us that would have to leave during these trying times.

02-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Bob made some sense but could have left out some personal issues that have nothing to do with DaLeo getting axed and the excuses for nugent. Everwonder was right. Nobody would have let our so called boss run this agency the way he does and there are far to many of us that would have to leave during these trying times

enuff said: This place has gone to the dogs. The replies are getting off track. You don't travel 2 and a half hrs. to fire a great officer with 16 great yrs under his belt while he is in the hospital. You don't tell that officer he will receive help from the fop and leave him hanging. It isn't happening to just Carlo. Look at the rest of this place. Nugent isn't wanted ...if anyone one should leave it should be him and the ones with thier heads stuck up his butt.

02-08-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm glad Bob Henning posted and had his say. That is what this website is for. He had a lot of valid points and needs to be respected for stepping up and sharing his views. He's lucky, he can use his name because he is not depending on the sheriff for his next pay check. A lot of people would love to be able to rant and rave and say what they really think, but can't. Not in this economy. We have children to feed and a mortgage to pay Bob.

02-08-2009, 10:17 PM
3cheers for I'm glad. My sentiments exactly! Would love to walk up and speak my mind too and one day will be able to. Until then I'll have to grin (like nugent) and bear it. Bob left the drop---I would too if I was in it.

02-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Guys it all boils down to this:Nugent never had his hands dirty!!My kids play football and soccer,not piano lessons with white gloves,like Nugents kids.He was never a cop.Bob henning,ex-captain,was a cops cop.He knows the games the public plays and he was fair at it even though he was stuck between both the sheriff and admin.Nugent has no idea whats it like to have a divorce or to be injured,or even live a normal life thats not a christian fairy tale.How many guys did he sweep under the rug if the ex got vindictive and got an injunction against the cop like Dep.Keeney.Ask these guys what happened.They will tell you.They will treat us like a freaking criminal cause of this stuff.When I retire in a few years,I will tell this to him to his face,but cant now as I dont need him looking for my pink slip abnd setting me up!!Nugent you destroyed our ship!!!Were sinking and have been since your first election!! :mrgreen:

02-09-2009, 01:05 AM
How many actually go down and read IA's to find out what really happened as oppsed to just assuming.

A few of us have done this and a few of us see the bullsheet and cover ups done in I.A.'s, if you are one of the lucky ones to be an a$$ki$$er your a$$ is covered. This mean we aren't assuming anything, we see how it works and they don't support the facts. Look at the excuses Nuge makes for "his" people. People in the public are speaking up and making us look as bad as we are. Carlo keep your chin up and what has happened to you has opened a lot of eyes.

02-09-2009, 01:36 AM
Guys, talk to any of the teachers that had Carlo in their class??? Talk to any merchants that he dealt with??? They have high admiration for him. They HAVE heard what happened to him, the others, and to the agency. In the words of many......disgusting!!!! Those who HAVE already left talk to theses same people too. Hey...what the hell are we teaching young kids here????? Work your ass off...Do your best...trust your brother...but don't fall ill or your a$$ is out the door!!!! Too bad the news hit AFTER the last election. I would rather have had BoBo the clown for sheriff. Oh wait.....I think we do!!!

02-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Nugent for bozo!!!We will put a red nose on him and slap some clown shoes on him.Even his name tag will reflect the name "Bozo".Imagine that look with his hcso uniform on!!And everytime an employee sees him,you have to honk his nose twice.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol .. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

02-09-2009, 02:00 PM
I have known Carlo from his days back in the traffic unit. We attended several "Buckle Up" conferences together and I can tell you, he had his stuff together. Sheriff, to quote everyone else' sentiments, what you did is "disgusting". How could you show so much disrespect to a hardworking guy who put his heart into your agency. You have the guy fired while he is in the hospital and do not even show the decency of giving him a phone call or visit? Sorry Sheriff but you have shown absolutely no class in this situation. I guess you don't believe in treating others as you wish to be treated!

02-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Honk Honk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..i honked it first :snicker:

02-11-2009, 02:47 AM
Honk Honk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..i honked it first :snicker:

honk honk I'm 2nd.
:mrgreen:

02-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Bonnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk bonnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!Nug ent for bozo!!! :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

02-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Sounds like this department has some management and morale issues. Solve the management problem and the morale issue may resolve itself. Having a leader with apparently no sense of compassion for his employees (as evidenced by this blog) or who seems to be aloof to what is going on in his agency (as evidenced by other blogs on this site) is not a good thing. We as cops receive enough scrutiny from the public. We are under the constant watchful eye of "joe citizen" who is waiting to make a phone call and get us in trouble the first chance they can. We are the ones who are supposed to have each others backs. It is obvious there is a major separation between the administration and employees here and that can bring your department down. It is time for you men and women to stand together and have each others backs. Support your brothers and sisters in blue, green, tan, or whatever color they may be wearing because there are too many others out there ready to put the screws to you. Bring your union together and make a change.

02-13-2009, 07:15 PM
I support all those in uniform except those in pink. FHP is on their own.

02-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Are you serious?how can we have a real union,when the president of it will always work under the sheriff at this agency.Why cant we pick a president who is not employed here?The president himself is a supporter for Nugent and gets whatever he wants.Its a u wash my back and I wash yours.We need pba or a real union like police dept. :devil:

02-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Just because The Prez is a major supporter of the sheriff, putting signs up at election time and all does not mean that he isn't looking out for our best interest does it? Maybe that is why all the guys who have needed fop help recently haven't gotten it! You are right, we do need a PBA or "real union". BINGO

02-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Any update on Carlo D. ?

02-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Move on...u love to stir the crap huh?

02-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Move on...u love to stir the crap huh?
No. That's not it.....you just don't get it. :x

02-14-2009, 04:10 PM
I work for a neighboring agency. It sounds like Carlos is/was a great cop. I don't know what the medical condition was. We have a sick leave pool here and all employees get postings on any member needing sick leave so that donations can be made. We had a great cop down here who never said a bad word about anyone. Super guy. His heart went bad and he also ran out of sick/vacation/pool time. It came down to donations. His squad and platoon donated the time they could afford. That ran dry. I went and personally distributed sick leave donation forms in the mailboxes of every deputy in each district. (This was about 3 years ago). I donated 2 weeks of my sick leave, 85 hours to him his last December, forfeiting any sick leave buyback,when I found out he received a $25.00 paycheck just before the holidays. I even raised a few hundred dollars and me and my partner gave that to his wife a few days before Christmas. I was disgusted when out of almost 200 sworn brothers and sisters, no one else donated time to him. I was unable to solicit a freaking hour out of our "brothers and sisters". Some of the people I approached already had 1 retirement and several hundred banked sick hours, but they still would not donate. I did not even work in his division, but knew him by reputation and had a few conversations with him. During his whole sickness, he still never said a bad word, even though he was frustrated.

The State was not going to help him either. He eventually got a good heart bill attorney, fought the State, and won his case but it was a rough road for him. (By the way this guy had 4% body fat and was in great shape). He misses the job, but is going to do ok with his new heart. If everyone donated a week or two of their sick time, Carlos could have had a year or more of time to recoup, no?

I suffered an injury which put me out of action for 6 weeks. I burned half of my 640 sick hours getting better. The only time staff contacted me during that 6 weeks was to:

1. Ask when I was returning to work.
2. Request confirmation from my doctor on how long they thought my rehab would be.
3. Come to my house not to check on me, but to take my patrol car away and confirm my injury.
(Good luck getting to court on your own)
4. Ask when I was returning to work.
5. Ask when I was returning to work.

Note my injury happened off the job, so I did not have to deal with notoriously bad workman's comp doctors who say your fit for duty as long as your xrays are good.

I found out the place goes on without you. You are a slot to be filled to do the work assigned and expected of you. I've been to many police funerals, unfortunately, and see the brotherly love out there on those sad occasions; I don't understand why it does not seem to happen as much for an illness/injury for a brother officer who never abused his time.

I'm glad I had AFLAC. Don't count on anyone but yourself and your true friends guys. Be prepared as you can and be safe.

02-14-2009, 09:21 PM
What is going on now with Carlo is he doing better or getting worse. Anybody know, how about an update????

02-14-2009, 10:02 PM
stir stir stir..if you know him then call him

02-16-2009, 01:03 AM
Now that he's not puttin up with the BS of this place he's probably doing a lot better.........I heard he never got any assistance from the FOP ! HaH!!...surprise surprise. He got a raw deal all the way around. Sorry to hear that Carlo. I know he's been reading most of whats been said here. Wish you well Carlo..!!!!!!!!!!!

02-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Guys,what about the other employees who got screwed???remember pheniger,whos in pasco now.The chief pulled his famous no spine chat by pulling him in his office.what a coward!! he is..

02-17-2009, 06:04 AM
I have nothing to say in defense of that retard. I heard him do so many 10-50s when he was suppose to be going to back deputies up its not even funny.

02-17-2009, 06:08 AM
You wont get many to defend that retard buddy. Ive seen him do so many 10-50s on the way to backing up deputies its not even funny.

02-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Funny thing is, I don't recall asking you to come to my defense, so I am not losing too much sleep over the last two posts. I know who my friends at the office are, they've stood up and let themselves be known. You have the balls to sit there and call me a retard but don't leave your name? Typical. As far as your clever screen name "on his own", I have plenty of support from the people that are important. What were the circumstances of the "so many" traffic stops I supposedly did while going to back someone up? Maybe I was stopping a "suspect" leaving the scene the other deputy was at? Everyone who "knows" me knows what officer safety meant to me. Again, no sleep lost. Anyways if your marbles ever decide to drop and you think you want to talk about my traffic stops that apparently bother you so much, make yourself known so we can have a person to person chat. Since I have been in CPS for the last 3-4years and hadn't done any traffic stops while on my way to back anyone up, because I was at schools or training most of the time, I guess this has been bothering you for a while. Good luck to you and stay safe!

Now to the people that matter and have been asking about me? I am doing very well, thanks for your concern. My health is getting better. With everything that is going on right now, I somehow have been able to eliminate or at least deal with some of the stress a lot better which helps greatly. Other than that, not much has changed since my last post. Stay well and stay safe!

02-17-2009, 09:16 PM
I have nothing to say in defense of that retard. I heard him do so many 10-50s when he was suppose to be going to back deputies up its not even funny.

My bad, after reading these posts again I see they were not actually about me. I should have known better. Like my last post said, hope you ALL are doing well and stay safe.

02-17-2009, 10:31 PM
You are right doofus, you should have known better!!! Glad to hear you are doing ok.

02-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Carlo--Your all right in my book. That was a quick response knowing you erred. I'm LMAO. At least you are man enough to say it. We all are wishing you the best.

02-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Yeah...lmao. Thats wasnt about you bro. You were one of the best deps i've ever worked with. Glad to hear you're doing alright. If you ever need anything man just throw it up here.. and i'm sure you'll get 10 ! God Bless.

04-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Sounds like this department has some management and morale issues. Solve the management problem and the morale issue may resolve itself. Having a leader with apparently no sense of compassion for his employees (as evidenced by this blog) or who seems to be aloof to what is going on in his agency (as evidenced by other blogs on this site) is not a good thing. We as cops receive enough scrutiny from the public. We are under the constant watchful eye of "joe citizen" who is waiting to make a phone call and get us in trouble the first chance they can. We are the ones who are supposed to have each others backs. It is obvious there is a major separation between the administration and employees here and that can bring your department down. It is time for you men and women to stand together and have each others backs. Support your brothers and sisters in blue, green, tan, or whatever color they may be wearing because there are too many others out there ready to put the screws to you. Bring your union together and make a change.

There are some major issues going on in this department! Nugent IS Bozo! Keep reading this blog and others. There will be more to come. Ain't no way that all of us can stand together.

Side note: Carlo, how are you doing, bro?

05-01-2010, 04:19 PM
heres another clown that was a compant man and took his firng to realize that you are nothing to this agency!!dont vote for nugent for congress!!!he cant even lead a sheriffs office right.

07-08-2010, 08:58 PM
heres another clown that was a compant man and took his firng to realize that you are nothing to this agency!!dont vote for nugent for congress!!!he cant even lead a sheriffs office right.
You got that right. Nugent doesn't care about the sheriffs office or he wouldn't be running for Congress. He's already ripping people off by collecting a paycheck for pretending to be sheriff.
To the brown noser I ain't going anywhere so quit telling me to leave. Face the truth and get your head out of someones butt. I also have years in and you are stuck with me. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

07-09-2010, 03:25 AM
Folks just barewith us.The company men,or what we call them"golden boy"is only that for the time being.Once they want you they got you!!!