View Full Version : OC Deputy Sheriff arrested for DUI

10-25-2008, 11:42 PM
orlandosentinel.com/orl-orange-deputy-arrested-102508,0,7859753.story
OrlandoSentinel.com
Orange deputy sheriff arrested, charged with driving under influence

Dan Tracy

Sentinel Staff Writer

4:02 PM EDT, October 25, 2008

An Orange County deputy sheriff was arrested early Saturday in the Tampa area and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a jail booking report shows.

Deputy Jerry Nelson, 29, was taken into custody about 3 a.m. in Hillsborough County. Nelson, who joined the Sheriff's Office on Dec. 2, 2005, was booked into the Hillsborough County Jail about three hours later and released Saturday.

A Sheriff's Office statement said Nelson will be taken off the street and reassigned to administrative duties while his case is investigated by department officials.

Copyright © 2008, Orlando Sentinel

10-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Anyone know which agency popped him? He's a great deputy and I can't imagine he gave anyone any attitude.

10-31-2008, 02:55 AM
HCSO got him and he blew UNDER (0.069)

11-02-2008, 03:33 AM
with urine taken....

11-17-2008, 02:19 PM
WTF? Took the ride and he even blew under. It's a shame. Blanket party for the arresting dep

12-02-2008, 12:45 AM

WOW! I can't imagine arresting a cop for DUI if they were boarderline. I have been put in that situation before; let an opd officer go when he was .06 on a PBT. He showed the minimum clues needed for the arrest, I am SO glad I didn't take him.

12-30-2008, 10:40 PM

I'll tell ya, Hillsborough Deputies (dle or corrections) have no clue or insight into reality. DUH!!! Just watch a few episodes of COPS or that new show American Jail and you'll scratch your head and wonder - how did these dummies get hired in law enforcement? They must all be ex FHP - that would explain alot! LOL

06-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Its too bad the deputy was busted, but your agency is known for d.u.i. arrests of fellow cops. I guess there is a god or what goes around comes around.

06-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Its too bad the deputy was busted, but your agency is known for d.u.i. arrests of fellow cops. I guess there is a god or what goes around comes around.

It took you 7 months to post this...keep on truckin' buddy!

07-12-2009, 12:25 AM

I'll tell ya, Hillsborough Deputies (dle or corrections) have no clue or insight into reality. DUH!!! Just watch a few episodes of COPS or that new show American Jail and you'll scratch your head and wonder - how did these dummies get hired in law enforcement? They must all be ex FHP - that would explain alot! LOL

Its all about ethics!

Would you let a Trooper or another COP go if you busted him for soliciting for some putang? A victim less crime!
Probably yes.

This is what happens when you let a COP go for DUI, even if its under .08.

Volusia Sheriff's Sgt. Vickery Driving Drunk?

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=296&t=79915

How are you going to pay your bills now?

Remember, if more than one person know, then its no longer a secret and just count you days to termination.