PDA

View Full Version : pba

10-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Does anyone know if our union is doing anything or just sitting around? I think my dues went up on this check, i thought they were $25, but today it was $35. BTW are they doing anything for us or should i give myself a $35 dollar a month raise, thats $420 a year increase? Only got a couple of years in and looking for advice.

Thanks

10-24-2008, 06:51 PM
last time i posted something like this-i got a bs response from probably jim dimand. he can post all over lpd board but not this one.
i didnt check my pay for a pba raise, but i think if there is one i am going to cancel my membership and take the raise.
u can find attorneys that represnt leo in polk county for free, and that was the only reason i had pbd.
they arent even doing anything about us not getting a 3 percent raise.

10-24-2008, 08:44 PM
You can't just blame Diamond, when you have McLin and Tong sitting on the board as reps, are they doing anything or talking to the pba for us or just sitting around, trying to look tough? But I agree, I don't think Diamond gives a rats behind about BPD, as long as he gets his attention for and from lakeland, he's gonna be happy!

10-25-2008, 03:53 AM
I was apointed, I guess, to the negoiate. I went to a meeting, went outside to smoke, came back and i'm negoiating. I am NOT your PBA rep. Jim Diamond is your PBA rep. you can reach him at his office, on his cell phone or e-mail. If you will look at the union board you will see a proposal from the city.

If you have any questions about the proposed contract I'll try to explain it to you. I had questions about the retirement wordage added by the city but Diamond was checking with PBA legal about it.

If you are not happy with the current negoiators change them, you have questions ask them, If your not a member of the PBA or you are just going to be a nameless cry baby none of this applies to you.

10-26-2008, 10:37 PM
i think T is doing a good job. he is also doing ajob no one wants to do. so unless u want to go and do the job he is doing, maybe u shud get off of him a litl bit. anytime ive went to talk to him hes been willing to answer any qs ive had for em.

10-26-2008, 11:32 PM
I don't think anyone is doing anything. I don't blame the reps, they have a full time job in addition to thier position as reps, but someone needs to light a fire under Jim D's ass, and lets do something. There is absouletly no talks going on. Other than the C/M saying, lets wait till next year, then in the same breath saying were gonna be even more broke next year. That double talk doesn't help anyone.

10-27-2008, 01:38 PM
FTP

10-31-2008, 12:50 AM
now what is going to happen. There has been zero talk from the union since I can't remember when. What are we doing????? are we just sitting around waiting til next june or july so the city can say again "sorry we're broke" This is B/S. Insurance we up for me to have my wife and kids on the plan, no raise, the union dues went up, and the union isn't doing crizhap! Can anyone, mclin, tong, anyone tell me what are we doing now???????

10-31-2008, 03:09 AM
Now what,

We are waiting for the city. They have proposed no raise until they do their salary survey. I have, via the pba website, ask Jim to contact the members via e-mail or a letter explaining where we are.

I strongly suggest you call the PBA 1800 267-9201 or e-mail them at http://www.wcfpa.org and express your frustration with Jim Diamond, he is your union rep. he gets paid to work for you!

I know times are tough and dues and insurance are more, but believe this, attorneys do not work for free, most if not all do not like bumping heads with the cities and you are not going to sue the city for a million dollars if you get a week suspension. (no money-no attorney) If anyone knows an attorneys that work for free please post their names and phone numbers so I can contact them. 35.00 a month is cheap insurance for legal help. You might not always get the results you want but you are not out there by yourself.

So for now we wait, if you want this to go faster call Jim, make some suggestions, or tell him the direction you what to see this go, "Jim works for you"!

10-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Tong,

when you went through your thing several years back, how much was the attorney worth in the end of it all. You loss, so was the price or the fight worth it. I think you were cheated, but it doesnt really matter, how did being a member help you? anyone can argue, but Im started to lose faith in the union. I know diamond reads these post, he needs to spur up some action to get people back involved.