PDA

View Full Version : Hope it's not true...if so it is Corruption

10-15-2008, 07:41 PM
I heard a few days ago that if Cameron gets elected as Sheriff to this once fine agency your current Sheriff (John Davenport) will not actually retire he will just go on vacation for a day or two. He will then be hired back and or returned back to another position (no one knows just what position as of yet.....maybe a Road Sergeant or something). This was concocted by the two of them (Davenport and Cameron) because as Sheriff when a Sheriff institutes a benefit for his employees by law he cannot benefit from those actual benefits that he has instituted (actual example: health insurance after 25 years of service with the agency!!!!). So now if Cameron hires him back at a lower position he can then retire with the health insurance benefits after whatever amount of time he wants to serve (screw the taxpayers) the agency .

If I am not mistaken Davenport is in the DROP program which means he would have to retire at the end of the time duration he has chosen and cannot be rehired until 31 days later (if he is not in the drop program then I am mistaken about that portion only). In any case for Cameron to do this it would not only be a cheap shot at the taxpayers, it would also be a voter confidence issue, and or since this idea has been concocted by the two of them I think it would border on corruption and maybe....just maybe a violation of law!!!!! The good ole boy system is definitely alive and well within the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office.

10-15-2008, 09:48 PM
I heard a few days ago that if Cameron gets elected as Sheriff to this once fine agency your current Sheriff (John Davenport) will not actually retire he will just go on vacation for a day or two. He will then be hired back and or returned back to another position (no one knows just what position as of yet.....maybe a Road Sergeant or something). This was concocted by the two of them (Davenport and Cameron) because as Sheriff when a Sheriff institutes a benefit for his employees by law he cannot benefit from those actual benefits that he has instituted (actual example: health insurance after 25 years of service with the agency!!!!). So now if Cameron hires him back at a lower position he can then retire with the health insurance benefits after whatever amount of time he wants to serve (screw the taxpayers) the agency .

If I am not mistaken Davenport is in the DROP program which means he would have to retire at the end of the time duration he has chosen and cannot be rehired until 31 days later (if he is not in the drop program then I am mistaken about that portion only). In any case for Cameron to do this it would not only be a cheap shot at the taxpayers, it would also be a voter confidence issue, and or since this idea has been concocted by the two of them I think it would border on corruption and maybe....just maybe a violation of law!!!!! The good ole boy system is definitely alive and well within the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office.

You lost all credibility when you said "I heard..." So far this is just a rumor to me. Explain a little further how you "heard" bout this.

10-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Well the above reply REALLY sounds like someone close to the action.....or should I say subject. I don't know how I could have lost credibility at this point because you don't even know me. But in case you really want to know your own people (CCSO Employees-could be admin, could be your front line deputies), in any case we as taxpayers hope it isn't true!!! If it is the word credibility might as well be flushed down the toilet....and Cameron will be a one term Sheriff due to voter trust issues!!!!

guest50
10-15-2008, 11:32 PM
It is very true. Davenport is all about beating the system. He is tighter than tight and cheaper than cheap, unless it is coming out of taxpayers pockets. Did you also know know that Cameron, Davenport, and everybody's favorite person, Worch, had lunch together a few weeks ago at a local Punta Gorda restaurant. So for all of you that think you've seen the last of Worch, you are wrong. C'mon people, open your eyes. They are politicians. By the time you have figured it out, they will be retired and we will be paying for it. Do you really think they care about us? They are in it for themselves. To all of you Cops for Cameron, I can appreciate your loyalty. But in the long run, you will only be let down.

10-16-2008, 12:02 AM
It is very true. Davenport is all about beating the system. He is tighter than tight and cheaper than cheap, unless it is coming out of taxpayers pockets. Did you also know know that Cameron, Davenport, and everybody's favorite person, Worch, had lunch together a few weeks ago at a local Punta Gorda restaurant. So for all of you that think you've seen the last of Worch, you are wrong. C'mon people, open your eyes. They are politicians. By the time you have figured it out, they will be retired and we will be paying for it. Do you really think they care about us? They are in it for themselves. To all of you Cops for Cameron, I can appreciate your loyalty. But in the long run, you will only be let down.

Some new information on our new direction from the future sheriff and I am no longer going to vote for Cameron, I guess Melo will get my vote with all the family and friends I talk to.

10-16-2008, 08:25 PM
I am really surprised that NightKnight (more like NiteNite....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) hasn't weighed in on this subject. Come on Mikey.....no challenge to this???? Then it must be true, and apparently action like this by your hero and future leader is perfectly alright with you even though it could be a violation of law in many different ways, an election violation for promising a position/job with the agency, and most definitely it would also be a voter confidence issue, and closely bordering on corruption. So that is what the agency make up is now...Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, what a shame!!!!!

NightKnight
10-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Since you asked...I didn't reply because this thread ... started by you...is stupid and not worthy of comment...I was going to be nice and not say anything but you asked...

By the way "RETIRED" for someone who supposedly doesn't work here anymore you have a lot to say...guess now that your generation's politics is done raping our health benefits to get yours taken care of, the command staff is evil.

10-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Since you asked...I didn't reply because this thread ... started by you...is stupid and not worthy of comment...I was going to be nice and not say anything but you asked...

By the way "RETIRED" for someone who supposedly doesn't work here anymore you have a lot to say...guess now that your generation's politics is done raping our health benefits to get yours taken care of, the command staff is evil.

You shouldn't have gone there, and yes I think it is very WORTHY!!!! So I must be the STUPID you are talking about. But hey genius I was not able to reap the rewards of the health benefits that you say I have been raping. It's just the opposite I was not able to finish my career at the agency because I to did my job and did it properly and was taken out by on the job injuries. Now I have to fight for what I deserve. This agency just chews you up and throws you away (kinda like the government is doing with our brave troops)!!!! So pull your head out of you azz and shove the "raping the system/health benefit" crap in to fill the void. And just remember one thing, you to will be here one day (and I wouldn't hope on the job injuries on anyone), but if you are able to retire you also may be blamed for raping the system, so be careful who you point the finger at because 3 more will pointing theirs at you.

Quite honestly if you don't think that violations of law, elections violations, and corruption is not worth addressing and is not "EVIL", maybe you are indeed in the wrong business!!!! What they have planned is called raping the system and the taxpayers!!!!

10-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Well the above reply REALLY sounds like someone close to the action.....or should I say subject. I don't know how I could have lost credibility at this point because you don't even know me. But in case you really want to know your own people (CCSO Employees-could be admin, could be your front line deputies), in any case we as taxpayers hope it isn't true!!! If it is the word credibility might as well be flushed down the toilet....and Cameron will be a one term Sheriff due to voter trust issues!!!!

Im not saying that what you’re claim is untrue. But how many of us have heard the line "Well I heard this or that" and it all turned out to be B S**t. I dont believe something just because you say you "heard" it somewhere else.

give us more detail, give us something to support your claims.

Remember the old adage: "Dont believe everything you hear"

I am probably the furthest thing from the command staff. I have been critical of them on this board in the past. Just because I need more information on this subject before I take your anonymous word, doesn’t mean I’m in the bed with the admin.

10-17-2008, 11:37 AM

Im not saying that what you’re claim is untrue. But how many of us have heard the line "Well I heard this or that" and it all turned out to be B S**t. I dont believe something just because you say you "heard" it somewhere else.

give us more detail, give us something to support your claims.

Remember the old adage: "Dont believe everything you hear"

I am probably the furthest thing from the command staff. I have been critical of them on this board in the past. Just because I need more information on this subject before I take your anonymous word, doesn’t mean I’m in the bed with the admin.

Fair question......The other old adage is if you hear it once it has to be rumor, if you hear it twice there must be some truth to it.....well I have heard it a total of 6 times by credible employees who still work for the agency and are in positions of knowledge. Hopefully for us it isn't true (or maybe someone else wins the election), Hopefully we will take action if Cameron does get elected and the plan come to fruition. It is not only a slap in the face to the taxpayers but to those of us who weren't offered the same options after giving everything we had to this agency as front line deputies!!!!

NightKnight
10-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Okay "retired", AKA Beth Hart...I will play along and say your thread is something other than more bashing aimed at further destroying the morale of the agency. JD does hold a LE cert. so what you have suggested is possible, but as guest said, other than hearsay what shread of proof do you have. For a self proclaimed ex-LEO you seem to have forgotten to build a case you need evidence.

Keep in mind the site rules about posting alegations of criminal conduct without proof, you may be the next to get kicked off of here.

Cameron for Sheriff - Please vote November 4th.

10-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Here you go again putting a name where it does not belong. Talk about showing how good you do police work and investigation you can't even spell her name much less prove it is her. Believe me she has used her name on several threads and has not taken on a screen name on this site. You would think you would be smart enough to cut and paste. And if you really knew her you would know that. So again nightknight did you engage your brain before you began typing. And to think you tried to give me a class on another thread. You surely will need much more experience than you have. Fishing is fun but when the catch is always you it gets boring so I'm finding a new sport. Please don't respond you have become a nusiance and an azz already. November 4th there will be a change and again.......I surely can'twait :cop:

10-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Okay "retired", AKA Beth Hart...I will play along and say your thread is something other than more bashing aimed at further destroying the morale of the agency. JD does hold a LE cert. so what you have suggested is possible, but as guest said, other than hearsay what shread of proof do you have. For a self proclaimed ex-LEO you seem to have forgotten to build a case you need evidence.

Keep in mind the site rules about posting alegations of criminal conduct without proof, you may be the next to get kicked off of here.

Well NiteNite....zzzzzzzzzzzz wrong again. I am not Beth (she is a stand up woman), she will give her name. And at this point it isn't a criminal allegation (not until it actually occurs), I am really surprised that you have made it up the ladder as far as you have without knowing a crime isn't a crime until it happens. This was offered up as information so people could make a fair and wise choice as to who they want as their next leader. Remember lead by example, and I hope for the future of the S.O. someone will actually put away the "favors" and do what is right for the agency and for the good of the community (us the taxpayers)!!! If I am kicked off here as you hope, just know that they (your leaders) probably aren't looking out for your best interest.....just their own. And that my friend needs to change!!!!

NightKnight
10-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Here you go again putting a name where it does not belong. Talk about showing how good you do police work and investigation you can't even spell her name much less prove it is her. Believe me she has used her name on several threads and has not taken on a screen name on this site. You would think you would be smart enough to cut and paste. And if you really knew her you would know that. So again nightknight did you engage your brain before you began typing. And to think you tried to give me a class on another thread. You surely will need much more experience than you have. Fishing is fun but when the catch is always you it gets boring so I'm finding a new sport. Please don't respond you have become a nusiance and an azz already. November 4th there will be a change and again.......I surely can'twait :cop:

Wow are you really that stupid, so what that she used her name somewhere else, does that mean she couldn't possibly post with another name...let me help you out here...no it doesn't. Talk about being a nuisance and an azz, that's got you written all over it. You haven't posted one provable thought or anything even remotely intelligent on this site. Instead of finding a new sport, do us all a favor and pick an new job...you obviously don't like it here, so get gone...there are plenty of applicants that would love to have your spot. Don't worry, I'll waive while your picking up carts in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

BTW - I may have misspelled her name, but you can't spell regular words like - NUISANCE. I bet your supervisors have you 10-19 every night for your sh tty reports.

10-17-2008, 01:41 PM
My last post to you and this will have said it all. Go wave your Cameron sign on the street corner and remember this. There are two things that stand on the side of the road that solicit. They are prostitutes and drug dealers. Which are you. Enough said. Except a change will be a breath of fresh air to our agency and when you want the hard facts go to Melo's web site. November 4 comes soon. And I can'twait

NightKnight
10-17-2008, 01:44 PM
[/quote] Well NiteNite....zzzzzzzzzzzz wrong again. I am not Beth (she is a stand up woman), she will give her name. And at this point it isn't a criminal allegation (not until it actually occurs), I am really surprised that you have made it up the ladder as far as you have without knowing a crime isn't a crime until it happens. This was offered up as information so people could make a fair and wise choice as to who they want as their next leader. Remember lead by example, and I hope for the future of the S.O. someone will actually put away the "favors" and do what is right for the agency and for the good of the community (us the taxpayers)!!! If I am kicked off here as you hope, just know that they (your leaders) probably aren't looking out for your best interest.....just their own. And that my friend needs to change!!!![/quote]

Confession is good for the soul...thanks for admitting your mindless drivel is just that. You've had several days to post your evidence and yet again nothing...go figure. You are just part of the problem, spreading rumor. Just like your retarded assumption that I am MW (Nice try though). Thankfully, most people don't vote based on the crap you spew, but from fact. Please don't waste our time with your BS anymore. Go find another site to play on. PGPD might love your sh t.

If you can't help but post on CCSO's site, try telling us if you like bagels or doughnuts on that thread...maybe you won't lie about that.

10-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Hey nightknight this was worth saying twice so here it is again. Same question, which are you? I underlined the question for you in case you forgot.
My last post to you and this will have said it all. Go wave your Cameron sign on the street corner and remember this. There are two things that stand on the side of the road that solicit. They are prostitutes and drug dealers. Which are you? Enough said. Except a change will be a breath of fresh air to our agency and when you want the hard facts go to Melo's web site. November 4th is coming soon. And I can'twait

NightKnight
10-17-2008, 02:15 PM
My last post to you and this will have said it all. Go wave your Cameron sign on the street corner and remember this. There are two things that stand on the side of the road that solicit. They are prostitutes and drug dealers. Which are you. Enough said. Except a change will be a breath of fresh air to our agency and when you want the hard facts go to Melo's web site. November 4 comes soon. And I can'twait

So you work in the jail, huh square badge. You obviously don't work the road...and if you do your either a rookie or a slug, which is it? Anyone who does their job knows there aren't drug dealers or prostitutes on corners of the mean streets of Port Charlotte LOL. The only solicitors around tend to be bums and firefighters, the latter of which I don't mind. If you came out of your pod once in a while you would know that.

Once again, you have shown your ignorance. Just go vote for Melo already, turn key. Throw your vote away on a guy with a high school diploma who was fired from CCSO. Is that the "hard facts" you were referring to on Jim's website?

or would it be:

Investigators determined that, although that particular incident was not severe, other employees interviewed "revealed that threats, aggressive, hostile, disruptive, badgering, yelling and retaliatory behavior from Cpt. Melo is his behavioral pattern," wrote Human Resources Director Emma Dennison in the report.
Also taken from Melo's website

Your right you picked the right guy...LOL :roll:

Enough said...

10-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Bottom line here is that the you still have no evidence to back up your claims. Even though it may be true, I still dont see any reason to believe it at this time.

You are an annoynomous poster telling all of us something without any evidence to support it. With all due respect, I dont believe things just because someone, an annoynomous someone at that, says he heard it from "six people". I am not going to entertain this acusation until I hear it from someone I trust AND who has first hand knowledge. Or at least give us some proof. Until then...this is just another rumor.

10-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Bottom line here is that the you still have no evidence to back up your claims. Even though it may be true, I still dont see any reason to believe it at this time.

You are an annoynomous poster telling all of us something without any evidence to support it. With all due respect, I dont believe things just because someone, an annoynomous someone at that, says he heard it from "six people". I am not going to entertain this acusation until I hear it from someone I trust AND who has first hand knowledge. Or at least give us some proof. Until then...this is just another rumor.

I just wanted to post information that I was privy to. Y'all make your own decisions based on what you know and feel. I do know now that since this is out, they (your command staff/Cameron & Davenport) have probably figured out how to do this without having to hire/have him (Davenport) back. In any case vote with your heart and MIND on how and which direction you want to see YOUR agency (not theirs) go in. The choice is yours, and I might add there is not much to choose from. Good luck and please stay safe.....the choice is yours and I will now stay out of it. Whether this information is true or not I can't say (just heard from reliable people), and only Cameron and Davenport are the ones who can and know for sure (don't fool yourselves),they won't come forward and admit it (DUH!!!!) because it WOULD be an election violation!!!!!Good luck ladies and gentlemen, you may need it!!!

10-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Well NiteNite....zzzzzzzzzzzz wrong again. I am not Beth (she is a stand up woman), she will give her name. And at this point it isn't a criminal allegation (not until it actually occurs), I am really surprised that you have made it up the ladder as far as you have without knowing a crime isn't a crime until it happens. This was offered up as information so people could make a fair and wise choice as to who they want as their next leader. Remember lead by example, and I hope for the future of the S.O. someone will actually put away the "favors" and do what is right for the agency and for the good of the community (us the taxpayers)!!! If I am kicked off here as you hope, just know that they (your leaders) probably aren't looking out for your best interest.....just their own. And that my friend needs to change!!!![/quote]

Confession is good for the soul...thanks for admitting your mindless drivel is just that. You've had several days to post your evidence and yet again nothing...go figure. You are just part of the problem, spreading rumor. Just like your retarded assumption that I am MW (Nice try though). Thankfully, most people don't vote based on the crap you spew, but from fact. Please don't waste our time with your BS anymore. Go find another site to play on. PGPD might love your sh t.

If you can't help but post on CCSO's site, try telling us if you like bagels or doughnuts on that thread...maybe you won't lie about that.[/quote]

I need to make one last comment MW or not(it doesn't matter), just wait the proof will come. And as I said in my last piece, it now may not happen like I have reported but you can bet JD will leave the agency with health benefits (unlike those of us who have left good body parts at this once fine agency working the front lines doing our jobs who now have to fight for what is deserved). Now that they have been found out about don't think there isn't a plan B or for that matter a plan C. But as I said before good luck, if BC gets elected I think you will need it!!! I am 10-7!!!!!!

Charlotte-1
10-19-2008, 07:56 PM
WOW! Nightknight the lot lizzard has sure blasted his viewpoint on what he thinks of the correctional officers who work at the jail. Quite an immature position for someone who visited the fine establishment in his younger years.

I would like to think better of member of this agency with regards to their brother officers inside the jail. Perhaps the little Lot Lizzard should spend a few shifts inside the jail and see what it's like to work with just youre command ability and presnce to keep you safe and operations running smooth.

No Gun, No Car to flee, No Vest, just your natural born ability to think and speak to keep your head above the water. This concept must be difficult for you Lot Lizzard.

Why don't you post an apology to all of the correctional officer's who perform a job you could never do. Of course I do figure you for the kind of spineless worm who is ignorant of the dangers inside the jail

10-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Ok Night Knight, I have my fill of you. This retired person is not me. I have not posted one thing on this section and I'll say it again, I use my name, not a cover name. So why don't you threaten someone else. Remember what you said about having your facts to prove a case. Next time you feel it necessary to throw my name in here, you might want to make sure it really is me. Do me another favor, LEARN TO SPELL MY NAME RIGHT!!!

10-20-2008, 04:35 PM
This is great!! You guys should go on jerry Springer together!! Very entertaining. Do both of your trailers have running water? just wonderin :devil:

10-20-2008, 11:05 PM
WOW! Nightknight the lot lizzard has sure blasted his viewpoint on what he thinks of the correctional officers who work at the jail. Quite an immature position for someone who visited the fine establishment in his younger years.

I would like to think better of member of this agency with regards to their brother officers inside the jail. Perhaps the little Lot Lizzard should spend a few shifts inside the jail and see what it's like to work with just youre command ability and presnce to keep you safe and operations running smooth.

No Gun, No Car to flee, No Vest, just your natural born ability to think and speak to keep your head above the water. This concept must be difficult for you Lot Lizzard.

Why don't you post an apology to all of the correctional officer's who perform a job you could never do. Of course I do figure you for the kind of spineless worm who is ignorant of the dangers inside the jail

Yeah, he couldn't do it anymore (Corrections that is) after his "Daddy" Cpt. Walla left.....he was in tears for days....LOL. Now apparently he has a new "Daddy" but we will see how long that lasts!!!! Please Note: I said I was 10-7, but just couldn't resist especially thinking back on the days of Walla, and M.W......they were soooooooooo cute together.