PDA

View Full Version : Fear amongst the rank & file

10-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Why isnt anyone posting new topics or holding regular discussions about old or new topic matter???

Fear is being instilled by the current administration! The closer we get to election day the more i've seen viewings up and responses down, why? the troops are being placed into fear of retaliation through tactics and unfair labor practice.... Ask yourself, is this what my chosen career is all about small town politics and fear of retrobution???

It's so obvious that the Good 'Ol Boys are amongst us and have been for years. Someone is actually taking interest in this agency and wants to personally address these matters to vindicate those who make this agency what it is and a more desirable atmosphere to be in and rid us of the G' Ol boy mentality to instill a professional environment with integrity and morals...

TAKE STOCK IN YOUR FUTURE NOT JUST FOR YOU BUT YOUR FAMILY AS WELL. We are way past the times of annual gift certificates to passify the lack of pay raises and ready for a leader who will not only LISTEN & UNDERSTAND but will act on behalf of the citizens and the troops.

Fellas i personally have seen the benfits of working with & without collective bargaining. This administration from day one has a passified resistance towards it and WHY? Because Richie, Dawsy and the others will lose their stronghold of doing it their way. Lets be more professional an follow the SOP's of progressive discipline that is in writing and act as if we are professional and not dictators of a foreign country to punish as they please which has been very obvious over the years by who gets demoted or promoted as necessary.

votehemrickforsheriff.com "Instilling integrity & understanding is a philosophy not a mindset..."

10-16-2008, 05:06 AM
Why isnt anyone posting new topics or holding regular discussions about old or new topic matter???

Fear is being instilled by the current administration! The closer we get to election day the more i've seen viewings up and responses down, why? the troops are being placed into fear of retaliation through tactics and unfair labor practice.... Ask yourself, is this what my chosen career is all about small town politics and fear of retrobution???

It's so obvious that the Good 'Ol Boys are amongst us and have been for years. Someone is actually taking interest in this agency and wants to personally address these matters to vindicate those who make this agency what it is and a more desirable atmosphere to be in and rid us of the G' Ol boy mentality to instill a professional environment with integrity and morals...

TAKE STOCK IN YOUR FUTURE NOT JUST FOR YOU BUT YOUR FAMILY AS WELL. We are way past the times of annual gift certificates to passify the lack of pay raises and ready for a leader who will not only LISTEN & UNDERSTAND but will act on behalf of the citizens and the troops.

Fellas i personally have seen the benfits of working with & without collective bargaining. This administration from day one has a passified resistance towards it and WHY? Because Richie, Dawsy and the others will lose their stronghold of doing it their way. Lets be more professional an follow the SOP's of progressive discipline that is in writing and act as if we are professional and not dictators of a foreign country to punish as they please which has been very obvious over the years by who gets demoted or promoted as necessary.

votehemrickforsheriff.com "Instilling integrity & understanding is a philosophy not a mindset..."
]]

well there is nobody to run against dawsey yet. if u think hank is the answer u are wrong. he is no more qualified then big mike eyes was. hank worked in a correctional facility, that is not a leo it is a baby sitter. n if u ask me hank is in it for the money he would last a few months then it would be his way or the highway. he has run for everything else in this county and losy=t. i say thanks but no thanks to the unqualified hank hemerick

10-18-2008, 09:39 AM
[quote="The Boston Guy":1aflcz91]Why isnt anyone posting new topics or holding regular discussions about old or new topic matter???

]]

well there is nobody to run against dawsey yet. if u think hank is the answer u are wrong. he is no more qualified then big mike eyes was. hank worked in a correctional facility, that is not a leo it is a baby sitter. n if u ask me hank is in it for the money he would last a few months then it would be his way or the highway. he has run for everything else in this county and losy=t. i say thanks but no thanks to the unqualified hank hemerick[/quote:1aflcz91]

Your reply says there is nobody to run against Dawsy and yet you mention Hank is in it for the money??? Does the elevator go to the top floor bro or what???

I guess since Hank Hemrick won the primaries for the general election you weren't aware of this right? An elegible candidate for the Sheriff's election seat against the incumbent and you missed that right??? Yet you mention he has a background in Law Enforcement but isn't as qualified as Mike Eyes....Wrong answer "Guest", Mike was never certified in FL but Hank has a career and retired from Law Enforcement/Corrections (which are 1 in the same; called parity) from another state and has a political background in this county for years with a working knowledge an repore with deputies and residents. I guess you want a candidate that will continue the Dawsy dictatorship by having his own cronies and promoting/demoting as they see fit or forcing staff to meet obsurd PT test requirements which aren't fair labor practices opposed to a more professional atmosphere huh? Anyone who works in Citrus or has worked for CCSO knows there aint no money here. Lets be real whoever assumes the position is in a political mess anyway. Why would you want Jeff another term when he has patronizing the dept. since he was elected. if you don't run with him every morning down the trail you dont stand a chance of promotion or advancement anyhow no matter how educated or experienced your resume. Now in a political PLOY he's got the endorsment of the PBA, what an atrosity!!!!!!!!! :devil: or in typical fashion "smoking mirrors" :devil: . Dawsy is nothing but a phasod an has been from day 1 problem is no one in this town can see through it because there's so much morning dew out and the wipers aren't working....thats putting nicely!!!

My question to you Guest 55555 is have you ever met Hank in person or been to his website?

With your lack of typing skills i'm guessing thats a "NO" and like everyone else at CCSO you're just flat out in fear of change because Hank didn't grow up in Citrus and fish with your granddaddy or babysit ya like Jeff's family did huh? :snicker:

10-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Bad news. I just learned that Steve Burch is backing Hank Hemrick for sheriff. Yes, it is sad, because he just caused Mr. Hemrick to lose a few hundred votes. The citizens of Crystal River lost their police department because of him and Andy Houston. The Sheiff is doing a great job for us and we need to keep it that way. God help us ALL is Burch is ever put in charge of anything at the sheriff department.

Vampire Slayer Two
06-13-2009, 03:23 AM
Sheriff Charlie Morris preached integrity. The word hung in large letters in his headquarters. His peers elected him head of Florida's sheriffs association and gave him a seat on the state board that disciplines law officers who stray.
But it was an act. For years he'd been running an elaborate scheme in Okaloosa County, giving employees bonuses from federal homeland security grants and other sources — and requiring a kickback in return.
He had the department buy him new cars so frequently, it's unlikely they ever lost that just-off-the-lot smell. He put a mistress on the county payroll for a highly paid, no-show job.
When FBI agents arrested him in February as he partied in Las Vegas, Morris had $30,000 cash in the hotel safe and $5,000 in his pockets. He received at least $114,000 in kickbacks over the last few years while doling out much more than that in illegal bonuses — a figure that's still being tallied. He pleaded guilty last month and faces decades in prison when sentenced July 28.
"It is very bizarre. Here is a man who has seen numerous investigations over his career, he knows that he's not going to get away with this and yet he chooses to do it anyway. I'm disgusted," said interim sheriff Edward Spooner, a Florida Department of Law Enforcement training director who had known Morris for years.
Morris, a 59-year-old retired Air Force security officer, seemed a perfect fit for the conservative Panhandle County of about 175,000. Sprawling Eglin Air Force Base takes up most of the land and its glittering white beaches are popular with tourists.
He left nearby Hurlburt Air Force Base as a major with 18 years in the military and joined the Fort Walton Beach Police Department for four years before he was elected sheriff in 1996. The job paid him $133,000 a year.
"He instilled professionalism around here, improved training. He had a vision and created a culture of doing things right every time," said Maj. Larry Ashley, a 20-year department veteran who reported the sheriff to the FBI.
Morris' downfall began in January when Ashley started asking questions about a car and county-paid gas credit card the sheriff had sent to a Tallahassee woman he'd hired for an $80,000-a-year job. She was rarely in the office, her duties were vague and her employment wasn't listed on most official records.
:oops: