PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Doral?

10-14-2008, 06:13 PM
What's going on with Doral PD? I heard that a few of their officers are looking to jump ship already. :-0 Feel free to fill us in, please.

10-14-2008, 07:05 PM
What is going on? Simple is called economy of scales! Doral, in spite its affluent tax base cannot; perhaps the city’s elected and appointed officers do not want to pay for Coral Gables type police services after all. From what is coming out, don’t be surprised if Doral turns into another Village of Pinecrest. The fact is Miami-Dade County could have retained its policing contract had the County met Doral half way, but of course; arrogance prevailed – on both sides.

Perhaps this potential gathering storm has a silver lining to what should be taking place and soon. MDPD officers, concerned with their tenure at MDPD and their eventual FRS retirement, should seriously consider marshalling a petition to put on the ballot the elected sheriff. Free from the strong mayor’s clutches, the elected sheriff could devote his or her energy to serving his or her constituents. God knows Carlos Alvarez’s chosen police director has done a rather poor job of it!

10-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Ohhhhhhh ok. Gotcha! Thanks a lot for the heads-up, bro. Stay safe!

10-16-2008, 03:59 AM
I still see you county guys working the streets of Doral. Making 10-50's and such.

10-16-2008, 02:59 PM
I still see you county guys working the streets of Doral. Making 10-50's and such.

That's right, Doral is just one more little city within Miami-Dade County, so we [MDPD] can be there and take enforcement action anywhere within the County. It's called COUNTYWIDE JURISDICTION!

EVEN ARREST MISCREANT MUNICIPAL COPS WHEN WE MUST!

10-17-2008, 03:11 AM

That's right, Doral is just one more little city within Miami-Dade County, so we [MDPD] can be there and take enforcement action anywhere within the County. It's called COUNTYWIDE JURISDICTION!

LAST I CHECKED YOU COUNTY CRONIES HAD A FEW MISCREANTS OF YOUR OWN!!!!! NOW DO US MUNICIPAL COPS A FAVOR AND ARREST YOUR FIDEL CASTRO MAYOR AND HIS TRICK KATHY SO WE CAN GET BACK TO THE BUISNESS AT HAND IN DADE COUNTY.

10-20-2008, 02:33 PM
DORAL like CUBA, it has what it deserves. They wanted Fidel, they got Fidel!

1. Fidel Castro promised alot, but delivered little. Look at Cuba now!

2. The City is in for a huge eye awakening change with this new City Manager.

3. I am glad that $h*thead Ramos is gone, he was a TOTAL a$$hole. Egg on your face *Ricky*!

4. Lots of promises made to the initially hired polcie staff. Promotions, overtime, maybe even off duty, but no dice.

5. I like the way Doral made a joke of themselves in the police world by hiring sergeants without sgt experience (& a language barrier) and Lt's without Lt experience (or education). Then the officers that applied, who have sgt experience and the education were offered Officer slots?? go figure???

6. The next few weeks will be interesting in Doral (Stay Tuned) just like Tom & Jerry!

7. BTW, glad I'm brown!!!!

10-20-2008, 08:00 PM

3. I am glad that $h*thead Ramos is gone, he was a TOTAL a$$hole. Egg on your face *Ricky*!

4. Lots of promises made to the initially hired polcie staff. Promotions, overtime, maybe even off duty, but no dice.

5. I like the way Doral made a joke of themselves in the police world by hiring sergeants without sgt experience (& a language barrier) and Lt's without Lt experience (or education). Then the officers that applied, who have sgt experience and the education were offered Officer slots?? go figure???

6. The next few weeks will be interesting in Doral (Stay Tuned) just like Tom & Jeinterview...

7. BTW, glad I'm brown!!!! am a sgt with 30 yrs of experience in dade county,that guy Ramos wanted me to start as a po!!! i just walked out of the interview...

10-23-2008, 06:46 AM

6. The next few weeks will be interesting in Doral (Stay Tuned) just like Tom & Jerry!

I feel bad about the guys in Doral PD. They hired some very QRU guys from other agencies and they were promissed a lot of s!hit and they got screwed. Doral will never be another pinecrest, the city is growing and they are taking over other areas from the County. Their Chief will be gone in no time and ones the get another Chief in there, things will change. . Guys they started their PO's with a bigger salary than we do to the ceritfied PO's that come to County. They have everything that we have same benefit , FRS, Take home car, etcs. Now for us the County guys we are losing all this big cities and whats going to happen to the County in 10 yrs GONE.

To the Doral guys have patient and hold on tied your PD will be a good PD to work for. Listen to an old guy that has seen other cities done the same thing and look at them now.

10-26-2008, 02:28 AM
[quote="Guest 2":2y070ynh]DORAL like CUBA, it has what it deserves. They wanted Fidel, they got Fidel!

I feel bad about the guys in Doral PD. They hired some very QRU guys from other agencies and they were promissed a lot of s!hit and they got screwed. Doral will never be another pinecrest, the city is growing and they are taking over other areas from the County. Their Chief will be gone in no time and ones the get another Chief in there, things will change. . Guys they started their PO's with a bigger salary than we do to the ceritfied PO's that come to County. They have everything that we have same benefit , FRS, Take home car, etcs. Now for us the County guys we are losing all this big cities and whats going to happen to the County in 10 yrs GONE.

To the Doral guys have patient and hold on tied your PD will be a good PD to work for. Listen to an old guy that has seen other cities done the same thing and look at them now.[/quote:2y070ynh]

OLD BROWN:

Relax;

The County PD will continue to function as it has. I just hope that the County starts to elect sheriff's. I tell you another story then!

As far as Ricky Gomez goes. Great Guy, good aministrator, great intentions, but no backing from City Hall. Rumor has it that he's just not getting the backing he was promised!

COMMANDER RAMOS is a total a$$. I'm glad he's gone too.

11-01-2008, 12:52 AM

To the Doral guys have patient and hold on tied your PD will be a good PD to work for. Listen to an old guy that has seen other cities done the same thing and look at them now.[/quote]

Man, what a reff you are

11-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Can anyone actually answer what's wrong with Doral Pd? Other then their cars being the gayest in the county.

11-01-2008, 04:33 PM
No $$$$, no overtime, no guts, no glory. Traffic in Doral stinks worse than usual since the city took over.

11-26-2008, 02:05 PM
can anyone come in and save us! Doral promised us a lot and nothing was delivered. We left our respective departments because of all these promises. Gomez and Jose Ramos destroyed this place by spending so much $ on useless equipment. Thank God Ramos is gone, what a useless individual. He was so power hungry and paranoid, that Ricky Gomez bought the paranoia and doesn't trust anyone. Now there is some guy who retired from the city of Miami and they made him a lieutenant, he's the new Ramos..The chief's hatchet man. He is as short as Ramos but with hair and less fat. He is so far up the chiefs ass because he wants to be the new deputy chief. He can barely complete a sentence. Help us, anyone, somone!

11-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Stop your complaining. You don't have to buy your equipment: gun, rifle, radar unit, vest and you get a brand new take home. What do you have to complain about.... No overtime? Stop living above your means or go to mids and work you ass off and the court brought on by proactive work will bring you money that your crying baby. :evil:

11-26-2008, 03:00 PM
can anyone come in and save us! Doral promised us a lot and nothing was delivered. We left our respective departments because of all these promises. Gomez and Jose Ramos destroyed this place by spending so much $ on useless equipment. Thank God Ramos is gone, what a useless individual. He was so power hungry and paranoid, that Ricky Gomez bought the paranoia and doesn't trust anyone. Now there is some guy who retired from the city of Miami and they made him a lieutenant, he's the new Ramos..The chief's hatchet man. He is as short as Ramos but with hair and less fat. He is so far up the chiefs ass because he wants to be the new deputy chief. He can barely complete a sentence. Help us, anyone, somone!

They are hiring retired po's from the city of miami to work as reservist,they get certifyed ofc's for half the price,and no take home car.Apply at city hall.

11-26-2008, 06:02 PM
You made your bed, now get phucked on it!

11-26-2008, 10:48 PM
You wanted Doral......You got Doral.......SUCKERS!!!!!!

03-05-2009, 12:00 AM
Heard that Commander Ramos had trouble and forced to resign???
Is this true?
Heard he is now a "Mall Cop"...

03-05-2009, 03:43 AM
[quote="Guest 2":383qx8e8]DORAL like CUBA, it has what it deserves. They wanted Fidel, they got Fidel!

To the Doral guys have patient and hold on tied your PD will be a good PD to work for. Listen to an old guy that has seen other cities done the same thing and look at them now.

OLD BROWN:

Relax;

The County PD will continue to function as it has. I just hope that the County starts to elect sheriff's. I tell you another story then!

As far as Ricky Gomez goes. Great Guy, good aministrator, great intentions, but no backing from City Hall. Rumor has it that he's just not getting the backing he was promised!

COMMANDER RAMOS is a total a$$. I'm glad he's gone too.[/quote:383qx8e8]
Commander Ramos is now MALL COP
I saw him at the international mall working security.

03-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Commander Ramos is now Mall Cop...

Glad he is out of our hair!!!
What an A$$- Hole in the wall he was.

03-07-2009, 03:51 PM
RAMOS IS GONE. HE WAS A CANCER IN THE DEPARTMENT AND NOW HE'S A MALL COP! I DON'T THINK HE'S QUALIFIED FOR THAT POSITION EITHER. DORAL PD WILL BE A SINKING SHIP VERY SOON UNLESS THEY GET RID OF THE MAYOR AND THE CHIEF. IT'S SO BAD THAT THEY'RE GOING TO BE HOMELESS VERY SOON. THE OWNERS OF THE BUILDING THEY WORK OUT OF ARE THROWING THE POLICE DEPARTMENT OUT! THEY HAVE TO LEAVE BY APRIL/MAY OF THIS YEAR AND THEY HAVE NO PLACE TO GO. THIS MAYOR IS CORRUPT AND DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HIS POLICE DEPARTMENT. MORE OFFICERS ARE JUMPING SHIP VERY SOON. NOT THEIR FAULT. THEY WERE PROMISED SO MANY THINGS THAT ANY OF US WHO COULD HAVE GONE OVER, WOULD HAVE. THEY HAVE A LIEUTENANT (JIM DOBSON) WHO DOESN'T KNOW A THING ABOUT POLICE WORK, NEVER BEEN A COP AND HE WALKED IN WITH BARS. BUT HE KNOWS HOW TO KISS ASS!

03-23-2009, 12:47 AM

Dude if your going to start arresting bad cops, go to your H Q and have at it. Also those tiny "cities", ALL formed Municipalities to HAVE THEIR OWN POLICE DEPTs. WHY? response time. Pinecrest got tired of 2 hour response time to 25's. Folks voted to have to pay MORE TAXES, just to get POLICE SERVICE. Once upon a time, there were 26 municipalities in DADE county. NOW MIAMI-dade has what, 32- 35 cities in your COUNTY. Your the biggest, but far from the best. AFIS came online 10 years ago, You guy got AFIS LAST YEAR. Can you name ALL the new police depts formed to not have brown gowns? There are so many now, I can't remember them ALL.

03-27-2009, 11:55 PM
To my former F.H.P. brothers, I'm sorry you got promised lots of things and haven't seen them come to fruition; most of you deserved better. Some of you will be welcome back if you want to come back. For the rest of you who burned your bridges by downgrading the department before you left by talking all kinds of sh-t about how F.H.P. wasn't going anywhwere even when it took care of you and your families, gave you the opportunity to work all kinds of off-duty to make up for the lack of raises, and gave you the training and experience you needed to get hired by your new municipality (and you know who you are because WE do), I say you got what you deserve. Don't blame Ricky Gomez, for he is no different than Colonel Czernis; just a man hampered by a governing body with a lack of vision for the future safety of its residents. :cop:

03-30-2009, 04:16 PM
This place has gone so deep into the toilet that there is no way of getting it back. The Chief has no back bone. Wont stand up for his officers. He has a few lieutenants that have no clue about police work, but since they kiss the chief's rear end, that's why they remain. they have no repect from the troops.
Most of the sergeants in doral have never been sergeants (trigo)in the past. Some failed sergeants exams from their previous departments. but since they're ricky's boys & girls, they get rank. The department is a mess and also an embarrassment. The Chief and one day soon the mayor needs to go. Only then will this department have a chance. That is if there is anyone left to save it.

03-31-2009, 05:42 PM
what is going on there

04-05-2009, 04:25 PM
what is going on there
Have you been reading this thread?!

04-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Did anyone hear the Mayor of Doral and The Chief on Spanish radio this past Tuesday? They were on 98.3, it was the puppet master (mayor), with his hand way up the puppet's (chief), rear end. What a joke. Those two need to leave. The only reason they went on the radio station is because of the youtube videos in which the mayor embarrasses Ricky Gomez. Does this chief not have a drop of man hood or dignity? He was embarrassed in front of the public and council and he didn't care. For Doral PD to survive, both Abbott and Costello need to leave the city. Neither have testicules.

04-08-2009, 05:29 PM
were on youtube

04-12-2009, 05:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhUt3NTAcs
I watched it; it's pretty bad. I could NEVER see the head of a law enforcement agency being talked to by ANY commissioner or mayor that way! That's what happens when they have your b*lls in a case and they can take them out and show them to you once in a while. I feel kinda bad for the chief. :oops:

CAR 69
04-12-2009, 11:29 PM
At least Doral has the sexiest looking CVPI''s in the entire state of Florida.

04-14-2009, 11:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhUt3NTAcs
I watched it; it's pretty bad. I could NEVER see the head of a law enforcement agency being talked to by ANY commissioner or mayor that way! That's what happens when they have your b*lls in a case and they can take them out and show them to you once in a while. I feel kinda bad for the chief. :oops:

Why feel bad about the Chief. All he showed us was that he is the biggest PUSS in the world. A man retired from the county as a high ranking officer I would of told that piece of shit major to go fuggie his mother. Then I would of walked out of the place. But again the chief is a bigger piece of shizzat just like the major. So fuggie both of them. :evil:

04-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Just saw that YOUTUBE video. What an A-hole that Mayor is. What a puss that Chief is too. Fat pudgy gaylord perry chief. How can someone like that run a police department. Doesn't even have a backbone to stand up for himself.

Why wasn't the Chief dressed as a Chief? Went to that meeting looking like a fat AFTER model.

07-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Doral PD still at every intersection waiting for red light runners. I remember around this time last year they were stopping everything that moved.

07-17-2009, 12:50 AM
I am so embarassed for all of the men and women of the Doral Police Department to have to work for such a pnsie Chief. OMG Jefe !! Where the hell are your balls? Go home and get a pair of pants with balls in them. Hey Chief...wake up you represent all of your officers!! When you stand there and let that pee-on of a hack politician berate you like that you are telling that same gusano that he can abuse and berate all of your officers. You are supposed to be a leader. Stand up for yourself, if not at least the men and women of your department. My Gosh that was revolting that you just stood there and took that crap. He calls you a big mouth and you need to let him know you have a big foot too that will go right up his ass. Chief...seriously if you can't show the pride and honor of leadership than turn in your badge because all of Dade County and all of the Dade County LEO's are sickened by your cowardice. You are on UTube for crizzzakes !! How many Chief jobs do you think you'll get after Doral when your next respective city sees that? Your officers must be so ashamed. I am a Cop...you be one too!!!!!!

07-18-2009, 10:20 PM
I drove through the Doral today and didn't see one officer. They must have been hiding in the tree's.

07-19-2009, 12:58 AM
They were too busy mowing the Mayor's grass and trimming his hedges. Gutless.

07-20-2009, 03:38 PM
I am so embarassed for all of the men and women of the Doral Police Department to have to work for such a pnsie Chief. OMG Jefe !! Where the hell are your balls? Go home and get a pair of pants with balls in them. Hey Chief...wake up you represent all of your officers!! When you stand there and let that pee-on of a hack politician berate you like that you are telling that same gusano that he can abuse and berate all of your officers. You are supposed to be a leader. Stand up for yourself, if not at least the men and women of your department. My Gosh that was revolting that you just stood there and took that crap. He calls you a big mouth and you need to let him know you have a big foot too that will go right up his ass. Chief...seriously if you can't show the pride and honor of leadership than turn in your badge because all of Dade County and all of the Dade County LEO's are sickened by your cowardice. You are on UTube for crizzzakes !! How many Chief jobs do you think you'll get after Doral when your next respective city sees that? Your officers must be so ashamed. I am a Cop...you be one too!!!!!!
I totally agree with you veteran cop. I saw the video and what a pu$$y. He should quit since he is afraid to tell the mayor to kiss he a$$. What a pu$$y!

08-18-2009, 04:07 AM

12-16-2009, 07:27 PM
TO ALL WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT DORAL THE CITY I LIVE IN PLEASE STOP *****ING AND APPLY SOMEWHERE ELSE THEIR ARE RETIRED POLICE OFFICERS WILLING TO APPLY AND WORK AND MAKE A LITTLE EXTRA FOR VACATION . TO THOSE WHO FEEL THEY GOT SCREWED OLD SAYING IS ! THE GRASS IS NOT GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER.

05-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Still haven't heard a Doral officer say "yeah this place is great, best decision of my life." Watch the mass exodus when other agencies open up! I feel for those guys who are stuck there.

07-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Ricky Gomez is a good man and if your rank was higher than officer you would understand the bs politics that occur in government