PDA

View Full Version : VIC SPEAKS ABOUT SV

Vic Makey
10-11-2008, 04:39 PM
I believe that if we all feel do strongly then we should post are names on this site and speak (or write) what we believe. We should not hide in the shroud of words and speculation that run rampant in the PD.

I believe things could have been handled differently by the officers that were affected in this event. I believe that if you can write a memorandum you also have the ability to walk up to a person and tell them to stop. To be a hostile work place or to be the victim of unwanted comments you must first tell the person that these words or actions offend you. Show the offender the memorandum first and let them know one more comment or whatever and you send it forward. Give them the chance to correct the problem and if not ... oh well your hands are clean.

I read the entire IA and all the statements and I do have concerns about the accusations of racial overtones and racial comments. I do believe SV was loud, brash and profane and at times definitely overboard or out of line. However, I have never heard SV make racial comments nor overheard any other person in this department say otherwise in over 5 years I have been employment with this department. I believe with the strongest of convictions that SV is innocent of being a racist and I have many doubts that he spoke in racial overtones. Again, I will not call anyone a liar but until another officer outside of the traffic unit comes forward to me I have to disbelieve these accusations. SV can be a pig with his mannerisms but in my heart he is not a racist.

I stress that everyone should read the IA and make their own opinions concerning these issues. Everyone will have opinions but opinions become dangerous when we make suggestions we will not help officers in need. Please knock that kind of thoughts and writings off. We are better then this and we do have a solid core of traditional police officers.

What we need to do is this and trust me this is the best course of action. We need to act professional at all times because you never know who (look left and right) that could be using your actions, comments or statements against you. This entire issue has thought me that I speak way to profane and I need to watch my own actions.

I do not condone what took place as it is against my core principles to be bullied or not handle my own business with a person first. I guess too many years of being a Marine and a Cop have taught me the values of courage and the hatred of fear. We have no obligation in life to retreat from anything or anyone and to me these petty words and actions could have been handled in a much different way.

Officers we have to go above and beyond and move forward they are still officers at Lauderhill and we have to be cohesive as a whole in order to survive. Be strong, bigger and harder and let them know what they did was either wrong or right in your opinion and keep true to your words. I promise that I will speak with each of them and explain myself and my beliefs and I hope each of you do also. If they hear enough officers speak to them personally perhaps these issues can be handled on the officer level and not have to move up the chain. We are the workers and we make it happen everyday and we need to fix are own problems!

God Bless everyone and please stay safe on the streets.

10-18-2008, 05:29 AM
Very Well said MG.

I have never heard SV make any racial remarks nor have I never overheard any other person in this dept. or any other dept. say otherwise. He's very well liked by all the other motormen in the city‘s around Lauderhill.

10-20-2008, 01:44 AM
I believe that if we all feel do strongly then we should post are names on this site and speak (or write) what we believe. We should not hide in the shroud of words and speculation that run rampant in the PD.

I believe things could have been handled differently by the officers that were affected in this event. I believe that if you can write a memorandum you also have the ability to walk up to a person and tell them to stop. To be a hostile work place or to be the victim of unwanted comments you must first tell the person that these words or actions offend you. Show the offender the memorandum first and let them know one more comment or whatever and you send it forward. Give them the chance to correct the problem and if not ... oh well your hands are clean.

I read the entire IA and all the statements and I do have concerns about the accusations of racial overtones and racial comments. I do believe SV was loud, brash and profane and at times definitely overboard or out of line. However, I have never heard SV make racial comments nor overheard any other person in this department say otherwise in over 5 years I have been employment with this department. I believe with the strongest of convictions that SV is innocent of being a racist and I have many doubts that he spoke in racial overtones. Again, I will not call anyone a liar but until another officer outside of the traffic unit comes forward to me I have to disbelieve these accusations. SV can be a pig with his mannerisms but in my heart he is not a racist.

I stress that everyone should read the IA and make their own opinions concerning these issues. Everyone will have opinions but opinions become dangerous when we make suggestions we will not help officers in need. Please knock that kind of thoughts and writings off. We are better then this and we do have a solid core of traditional police officers.

What we need to do is this and trust me this is the best course of action. We need to act professional at all times because you never know who (look left and right) that could be using your actions, comments or statements against you. This entire issue has thought me that I speak way to profane and I need to watch my own actions.

I do not condone what took place as it is against my core principles to be bullied or not handle my own business with a person first. I guess too many years of being a Marine and a Cop have taught me the values of courage and the hatred of fear. We have no obligation in life to retreat from anything or anyone and to me these petty words and actions could have been handled in a much different way.

Officers we have to go above and beyond and move forward they are still officers at Lauderhill and we have to be cohesive as a whole in order to survive. Be strong, bigger and harder and let them know what they did was either wrong or right in your opinion and keep true to your words. I promise that I will speak with each of them and explain myself and my beliefs and I hope each of you do also. If they hear enough officers speak to them personally perhaps these issues can be handled on the officer level and not have to move up the chain. We are the workers and we make it happen everyday and we need to fix are own problems!

Duh...several officers and Supervisors warned SV about his outburst and unbecoming demeanor. I think all the complaints he has gotten over the years was also an obvious hint. Perhaps, if we say I made a mistake or I made poor judgement --every once in awhile (it's called taking ownership)--things would not have resulted to this. I never wish anyone to be terminated but we are not girl/boy scouts...we are professional women and men who must make sound decisions for those we serve everyday and for that reason your conduct must be becoming "at all times." If several people tell you time and time again, "don't touch the stove b cuz it is hot" and u keep touching it-oh well! I am sad to know that u guys see SV as being perfect and the other Traffic officers as the "devil," not so. In case you have not been in law enf for many yrs, you will find out that it is the age old question of who works hard and who doesn't....So you can lose your cool if your zone partner is not working hard, that is the dept's responsibility not the officers'. Shame on the dept/supervisor if they don't deal with who is working and who isn't. I keep hearing that on this blog..that is not "your/our problem."

Lastly just because you are a worker doesn't give you a license to treat those you work with and serve like crap on your shoe...Hard work + respect to citizens and co-workers= clean record.....

10-20-2008, 03:41 AM
Like doug?

10-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Why don't you traffic guys leave well enough alone and let us Shaun supporters do what we do best. WORK at supporting Shaun. We're with you Big Guy. All your real friends are pullin for you today. GOOD LUCK & know your loved & respected.

10-20-2008, 10:52 AM

Duh...several officers and Supervisors warned SV about his outburst and unbecoming demeanor. I think all the complaints he has gotten over the years was also an obvious hint. Perhaps, if we say I made a mistake or I made poor judgement --every once in awhile (it's called taking ownership)--things would not have resulted to this. I never wish anyone to be terminated but we are not girl/boy scouts...we are professional women and men who must make sound decisions for those we serve everyday and for that reason your conduct must be becoming "at all times." If several people tell you time and time again, "don't touch the stove b cuz it is hot" and u keep touching it-oh well! I am sad to know that u guys see SV as being perfect and the other Traffic officers as the "devil," not so. In case you have not been in law enf for many yrs, you will find out that it is the age old question of who works hard and who doesn't....So you can lose your cool if your zone partner is not working hard, that is the dept's responsibility not the officers'. Shame on the dept/supervisor if they don't deal with who is working and who isn't. I keep hearing that on this blog..that is not "your/our problem."

Lastly just because you are a worker doesn't give you a license to treat those you work with and serve like crap on your shoe...Hard work + respect to citizens and co-workers= clean record.....Why bother coming on here and posting? All the support in the world on here is not going to sway city manager one way or the other, it was your false testimony about racial crap that really means something to the city. I have to disagree with you on a couple points. Girl/boy scouts don't talk like SVB does, bad comparason and the rest of traffic is crap on the bottom of our shoes. If they fire him for profanity, they need to fire EVERYONE. From the chief down to the victim serveses, everyone has a potty mouth. Don't get me started on bullying, a bunch of supervisors are guilty of that, letsall open some IAs now before the pain continues. When it all comes down to it, the traffic guys are all a bunch of female anatomies below the waist and should be working at wannado city where they won't have to hear mean old nasty curse words to the point where they have to lie about another man using raceial slurs.

10-20-2008, 12:01 PM

Lastly just because you are a worker doesn't give you a license to treat those you work with and serve like crap on your shoe...Hard work + respect to citizens and co-workers= clean record.....Why bother coming on here and posting? All the support in the world on here is not going to sway city manager one way or the other, it was your false testimony about racial crap that really means something to the city. I have to disagree with you on a couple points. Girl/boy scouts don't talk like SVB does, bad comparason and the rest of traffic is crap on the bottom of our shoes. If they fire him for profanity, they need to fire EVERYONE. From the chief down to the victim serveses, everyone has a potty mouth. Don't get me started on bullying, a bunch of supervisors are guilty of that, letsall open some IAs now before the pain continues. When it all comes down to it, the traffic guys are all a bunch of female anatomies below the waist and should be working at wannado city where they won't have to hear mean old nasty curse words to the point where they have to lie about another man using raceial slurs.

Amen to that!

Vic Makey
10-21-2008, 01:49 AM

Lastly just because you are a worker doesn't give you a license to treat those you work with and serve like crap on your shoe...Hard work + respect to citizens and co-workers= clean record.....

Disclaimer: This is intended for the anonymous author/poster who is not believed to be a police officer as he/she would have posted a true name. These are only my opinions on life.

You as a person only get treated the way you allow others to treat you. Ever stood up to a bully or confronted someone because it was the right thing to do? Ever been so afraid it made you shake but you still took care of the problem? You see the real question is why do people take abuse and never man up to correct the problem immediately. SV has said numerous silly things to me and I told him off each time. When he got really crazy I put fingerprints all over his bike. I even went as far to rearrange his gym locker and once put dog food on his bike seat. Did I make his obsessive compulsive go off beyond belief!! With all the crap that man said and all the crap I said and did back to him … I never feared SV one bit. He was just a big old goofy loud mouth who talked like a Marine or Sailor.

I just for the life of me can not fathom the lack of intestinal fortitude people have not to stand up to the bully or for themselves. As a Marine I never doubted the courage of a fellow Marine (Co-worker so to speak) they always had fortitude to stand up next to me when the going got really rough and lives were on the line. We fought like kids but when it was show time … we were men amongst men.

They would take a punch or a bullet for me … they would save my life in a gun battle! My friend I would die for any Marine but I have questions now that I have never had before in my adult working life. My biggest question is if you can’t control a co-worker how do you control the bad guy or a bad scene?

A gun and badge do not define manhood or make you a man … that comes from the heart. I guess this old man just looks differently about responsibility and how to handle your business. Right or wrong we all have learned a lot about each other and discovered so much we never knew. We are stronger, smarter and as hard to believe more unified because of this. I thank each of you for teaching me something new.