PDA

View Full Version : Re: Vote of no confidence on Deputy Chief Totten

10-14-2008, 04:30 PM
When is the FAU union rep going to move forward to get rid of the DC? It seems like Chief Lowe is supportive of his officers, however, the DC continues to harass the bargaining unit members with petty issues. It's obvious that the PD will never go in a straight direction until the rest of the old regime is completely gone.

Having known the DC for over 25 years personally and professionally, I can say that your statement comes as no surprise.

His attitude of "holier than thou" has been allow to breed and prosper for all of the years that he has been at FAUPD. His leadership abilities over the years have been very poor and his knowledge of the law are minimal. I can't tell you how many people he has sweet talked to get his way, and when he gets what he wants, you get dipped in the grease for his enjoyment. I know from first hand experience.

It is also very unfortunate that the administration is ignoring it. But if the DC gives the brass what they want and how they want, their eyes will never be opened to the truth.

Please, please, please do not rely on the PBA to resolve the issue of removing the DC. That organization is the most useless waste of time that I have ever encountered. If you can't get any satisfaction from the PBA, then step up the heat with a good labor relations lawyer.

Best of luck to everyone at FAUPD. I feel your pain and know what a rotten apple the DC is to the troops. Keep the faith and fight the good fight!

MOD 554
10-16-2008, 01:18 AM
Well I completely agree with you on your post. At least the DC has come by his behavior honestly. He has watched all his prior superiors do exactly what he is doing to the guys and gals of the PD. I really hope the collective bargaining unit has a meeting and come to some sort of plan for the betterment of the PD. I am sure if the guys and gals higher outside legal counsel to long form the University and DC, the University will see it fit to hand him his walking papers! Especially if the University sees a possibility to pay some form of monetary damages, they will send him packing.

The one thing I hear all the time when the DC is brought up in conversation and when the question is asked, Why don't you guys stand up to him. The answer I get is he is vindictive and sadly the PBA will tell you the same thing when dealing with issues with him. He likes to hide behind managements rights all the time. A good law firm can solve that problem for the Officers if they stand together against the DC and PD. I only hope for the best for the guys and girls of the FAU PD and I do believe they have a good leader in Chief Lowe. He will soon realize he needs to remove the DC and make other changes with his management staff before he has a major lawsuit on his hands. For now lets all stay safe on the streets.

08-24-2009, 04:19 AM
Seems to me you have a lot of this type of behavior within campus law enforcement.