PDA

View Full Version : New Agents better read this

10-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Think of this as a free public service announcement. New agents need to put job applications out immediately. PAF is not on the chopping block anymore. Word is that a certain politician is hell bent on eliminating agents. It is a shame that nothing has been communicated to the field in so long. The intial proposal did not work and now it sounds like the ammended proposal is being "made over" once again. From what I understand, the proposal will not be accepted unless agents account for a large portion of the cut. I want to thank Tallhassee for trying to spare agents but it looks like it will be an impossibilty.

10-03-2008, 07:41 PM
You must be in MROC. I just heard the same info. Fortunately I have enough time on to probably make it through the layoff.

10-03-2008, 07:43 PM
You must be in MROC. I just heard the same info. Fortunately I have enough time on to probably make it through the layoff.
yeah, I'm in MROC but I just talked to someone in OROC that said they heard the same thing. I wish Tallahassee would quit leaving us in the dark. I unfortunately don't have much seniority

10-04-2008, 01:35 AM
The last SA class was stupid to have hired. They knew this was coming. Those agents and agents on pip are the only ones that will have to sweat bullets!

10-04-2008, 02:51 AM
I talked to a source in Tally that said these layoffs will be coming soon since the final version of the proposal is suppose to be in effect by Nov 1. If I were a probationary agent, I would start looking for a job in a hurry since law enforcement jobs take awhile to get...

10-04-2008, 03:10 AM
yeah, I'm in MROC but I just talked to someone in OROC that said they heard the same thing. I wish Tallahassee would quit leaving us in the dark. I unfortunately don't have much seniority

Tallahassee needs to keep everyone posted - most everyone in my region heard about the newest development by word of mouth. We weren't sure if it was true until we reached out to confirm it.

10-04-2008, 02:11 PM
I wonder if this is why they really put out that email the other day about whether new agents would have to pay training expenses back if they left before 2 years. Seems like quite a coincidence. I wonder if Tallahassee actually wants new agents to leave so that don't have to lay them off in a few months.

10-04-2008, 03:13 PM
I talked to a source in Tally that said these layoffs will be coming soon since the final version of the proposal is suppose to be in effect by Nov 1. If I were a probationary agent, I would start looking for a job in a hurry since law enforcement jobs take awhile to get...

That's funny, I heard it from a very reliable source that nothing would be decided until after session in January..??

10-04-2008, 09:05 PM

That's funny, I heard it from a very reliable source that nothing would be decided until after session in January..??

They will make a decision regarding the initial 4% by next month. Decisions regarding additional cutbacks / layoffs will come early next year after the session. As far as the proposal for the initial 4% goes, it seems as though the folks up in Tallahassee are talking about making cuts that will impact every area within the investigations side of the house (i.e. both sworn and non-sworn positions).

10-06-2008, 09:11 PM
So how deep would the cuts be? Would the seven newest agents awaiting the shortened SATA be first to go, or would it be agents with prior experience but less state time?

10-06-2008, 11:45 PM
So how deep would the cuts be? Would the seven newest agents awaiting the shortened SATA be first to go, or would it be agents with prior experience but less state time?

Both probably...

10-07-2008, 01:36 AM
Guys anything on this site you have to take with a grain of salt. Just because rumors are going everywhere don't fall for it, like the Agent physical fitness thread that was all BS! Some people aren't happy unless they're stirring shit!!

The only reason I check in here it just to see how stupid some of these threads get!!!

10-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Guys anything on this site you have to take with a grain of salt. Just because rumors are going everywhere don't fall for it, like the Agent physical fitness thread that was all BS! Some people aren't happy unless they're stirring shizzat!!

The only reason I check in here it just to see how stupid some of these threads get!!!

If this shizzat then how come a certain union leader hasn't controlled this rumor (like he did on the fitness test post)..? This post has been up long enough to be viewed by a lot of people and no one can come forward and say flat out that there will be no agent layoffs. The commissioner himself said that agents aren't exempt from layoffs - just look at whats being discussed in Tallahassee with the proposal (which is all open to the public)...

10-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Guys anything on this site you have to take with a grain of salt. Just because rumors are going everywhere don't fall for it, like the Agent physical fitness thread that was all BS! Some people aren't happy unless they're stirring shizzat!!

If this shizzat then how come a certain union leader hasn't controlled this rumor (like he did on the fitness test post)..? This post has been up long enough to be viewed by a lot of people and no one can come forward and say flat out that there will be no agent layoffs. The commissioner himself said that agents aren't exempt from layoffs - just look at whats being discussed in Tallahassee with the proposal (which is all open to the public)...

Hey Moron,

The Prez is a she.... you sound like a reliable source, NOT!

10-07-2008, 01:23 PM

Hey Moron,

The Prez is a she.... Your sound like a reliable source, NOT!

10-07-2008, 01:25 PM

Hey Moron,

10-08-2008, 12:34 AM

Hey Moron,

The union leader I was referring to was the MALE union leader (not president) that posted on the site about the fitness test. We can only assume it was HIM since he posted under HIS actual name.

10-08-2008, 12:37 AM

Hey Moron,

The union leader I was referring to was the MALE union leader (not president) that posted on the site about the fitness test. We can only assume it was HIM since HE posted under HIS actual name.

10-08-2008, 01:44 AM
The post was from HR (Mike Crews) that is if I recall correctly, not the union? I heard Union leaders passing on the same unproven BS!

With the Agents that leaving MROC for better paying jobs, more than likely there won't have to be lay offs...people are leaving on their own because the state of Florida does not give a crap about us!! That so called Governor we have spends enough jet fuel back and forth to Miami to visit his beard, I mean his further wife we could avoid lay-offs just by taking his plane away!!