PDA

View Full Version : Negotiations

09-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Fellow Members,

As all of you may now, negotiations are scheduled tommorrow. If your off, please attend, if your not, take time off. You must be informed of what is happening! Let's begin by this, how about defining the word UNION.

According to the dictionary UNION means:
1.the act of uniting two or more things.
2.the state of being united.
3.something formed by uniting two or more things; combination.
4.a number of persons, states, etc., joined or associated together for some common purpose: student union; credit union.

JOINED OR ASSOCIATED FOR SOME COMMON PURPOSE.

It's infantile to have to define a word FOR SOME PEOPL, but unfortunately most of you may be unaware that recently one of our representatives was either "asked to attend or took it upon himself" to meet with city officials, WITHOUT the other rep. being there. How's that for a conflict of interest.

Invited or not, that person should have abstained from attending this so called meeting without HIS PARTNER. Think about it, this "back door" meeting about OUR CONTRACT was held without one of the peeple that WE ELECTED to represent US.

Now, I don't know about you all, but I voted for TWO REPS, not one. Because we all now, two minds think better than one. Let's just say the other rep. was left out, for whatever reasons. That in NICER AND SIMPLE terms, WAS NOT RIGHT!

This contract is not about one specific group, maybe they thought the other rep. would disagree with what they had to offer, maybe they thought the rep. they invited has some major pull, whatever the reason maybe, the other person should have declined the invitation. Now if this has happened before, that's ashame.

This contract is about EVERYONE, not just people who have been here 20 years (10%) or the newbies that are getting major raises. Let me remind you, that's why YOU joined a UNION. If you disagree with that, don't bother paying your dues and brownenose your benefits to retirement. UNITED WE ACCOMPLISH MORE. No matter how many years you have been here.

When tommorrow comes, don't be in a rush to make a decision. Be completely informed of what's going and don't let PICASSO (who has been dead for ages) paint you a picture that's not there.

09-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Completely ridiculous. I did not vote for two reps in order for two reps to be at meeting. Both reps have my confidence and if both cannot attend a meeting, I have confidence and trust in both of them to conduct themselves in the best interest for me and my family, that includes meetings where one rep is present. Other agencies have 5 reps, do you think when the City Manager asks for a meeting, a meeting does not take place until all five are present. Your claims are not realistic or businesslike.
Furthermore, the checks and balances that we have as a membership is our vote. If a rep or reps brings back a deal we don't like, we vote it down. Simple, even the skeptics will agree that no rep has the power to approve any deal. So, stop your worrying.

In the course of union business, meetings are called at a moments notice. Rod and Dom have worked their butts off on behalf of everyone. Continue your great work. I trust both, regardless of one or two in a meeting.

To the writer of this post, who is obviously displeased with the current union situation, I respect your disagreement with this issue.

09-30-2008, 07:56 PM
TO GUEST:

Thank you for the comment about respecting my disagreement with this issue, ditto. The purpose of forums such as these are for discussions and not bashing parties.

I share your belief that we as a union should be confident that our reps. act in the best interest of everyone. However, the previous email was somewhat misunderstood.

You say:

"Both reps have my confidence and if both cannot attend a meeting,I have confidence and trust in both of them to conduct themselves in the best interest for me and my family, that includes meetings where one rep is present."

While this should be true, your key word was "IF BOTH CANNOT ATTEND." What I meant with the previous posting was that the other rep. WAS NOT EVEN INFORMED of this so called meeting, and probably purposely left out. For what reason, we'll never know.

If that is UNREALISTIC, then ask the other rep. That information is not unrealistic, IT'S REAL AND TRUE. THE OTHER REP. WAS NOT NOTIFIED. I have a problem with that and others do too.

As far as "businesslike," maybe that's the problem around here. Some people think it's all about "business." We've forgotten that our work is not just "business" it's a way of life. Actions speak louder than words. Maybe when you work in the "biz" you think that's reality, but bottom line is, it's not. "At the end of the day," your legacy is how you were as a person, how you treat others, and not what type of "BUSINESS" person you were.

We should depend on each other with our lives, but yet, we fail to include even our partners in issues such as these. That doesn't say much and it needs to change for our benefit, our department, and our future.

Hopefully, it won't take a tragic incident here to have officers embrace that idea. We need to work on being that "law enforcement family" the world talks about and discard the "only me me me" attitude.

09-30-2008, 08:33 PM
I agree with you that if both can attend, both should. If one is available and the other not, the other should go ahead. I guess we agree, all in all, we should be ok with the upcoming deal. It seems to always work out. It was a pleasure to have this exchange.

10-01-2008, 01:48 AM
What are you prepared to do? The issue is WE have 2 reps. Give me a break. BOTH should have gone to such an important meeting. Maybe at least one should have notified the other. We don't have 5 reps.
The truth is, ONE rep's integrity is in question. But of course rats will do what they do. Go hide when brought out into the light. Say what you want-you always do. Protect yourself and leave everyone else with less than 18,19,20 years in the dark, with no money; and even more seriously, alone and unrepresented.

10-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Both reps should have been there. Don't type garbage like, some departments have 5.....WE have 2. They both should have gone, or the one should have been notified BEFORE the meeting even took place. The middle third/largest portion of the sworn Officer's will not be sold out for those 18,19,20+year veterans. Spread the wealth throughout the entire base. Especially if the money is already alotted for this plan contrived behind the Member's and other Rep's back. Speaking of leaving a legacy, you're paving that road fast, aren't ya'? Look us 66% in the eye and say its good for us. You can't, because ut's not; not only due to your lack of posture, but it may have something to do with your tailbone. Why don't you get that looked at. Ezekiel 25:17

10-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Both reps should have been there. Don't type garbage like, some departments have 5.....WE have 2. They both should have gone, or the one should have been notified BEFORE the meeting even took place. The middle third/largest portion of the sworn Officer's will not be sold out for those 18,19,20+year veterans. Spread the wealth throughout the entire base. Especially if the money is already alotted for this plan contrived behind the Member's and other Rep's back. Speaking of leaving a legacy, you're paving that road fast, aren't ya'? Look us 66% in the eye and say its good for us. You can't, because ut's not; not only due to your lack of posture, but it may have something to do with your tailbone. Why don't you get that looked at. Ezekiel 25:17

10-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Well the negotions seem to go very well today. The PBA reps did an excellent job and it seems that some people felt it was one-side. This came about after someone thought one REP had a private meeteing. After the negotiations today,it is clear that both reps had the same plan as they went into the meeting. I beleive we have a ok contract purposal in this bad economic climate. Margate is trying to get a 3%, the city is crying and in the 2nd and 3rd year, 0% with an opener. Lets try to work together and accept this contract. Some are happy, some are just satisfied, its better then other offers. Hollywood is in in-pass and they are looking to take back. Once again, thanks to the reps and the PBA for all the hard work.

10-02-2008, 02:48 AM
Margate was offered 3% for one year and waiting to see what happens the 2nd and 3rd years after. Everything else besides money will be three year contract, just money would be a one year contract. I don't think anyone would accept 0%.

10-02-2008, 03:53 AM
Margate was offered 3% for one year and waiting to see what happens the 2nd and 3rd years after. Everything else besides money will be three year contract, just money would be a one year contract. I don't think anyone would accept 0%.

They always cry, they have cash stashed !

10-09-2008, 07:15 PM
I dont get it. 2.5% 3.0% 3.0% some say thats not good enough. I guess if the total over three years is 7.5 but you lose you 5% merrit raise whats the total? Hmm lets see...7.5% - 5.0% = 2.5% Is that the actual raise increase? seems low. Maybe I am not getting it. I think we should revisit this issue.

Maybe at 10 years you get 5% so thats 15% over the three years. Iets add this,
2.5 % 15.0 % 17,5 % 0ver three years. I guess I will have to see at the meeting. :roll:

10-09-2008, 09:46 PM
I dont get it. 2.5% 3.0% 3.0% some say thats not good enough. I guess if the total over three years is 7.5 but you lose you 5% merrit raise whats the total? Hmm lets see...7.5% - 5.0% = 2.5% Is that the actual raise increase? seems low. Maybe I am not getting it. I think we should revisit this issue.

Maybe at 10 years you get 5% so thats 15% over the three years. Iets add this,
2.5 % 15.0 % 17,5 % 0ver three years. I guess I will have to see at the meeting. :roll:

Unless you are a 20 year veteran, you get crap. Vote NO on this unfair contract.

10-10-2008, 11:13 AM
I hope you better at police work then math!!!

10-10-2008, 05:45 PM
I hope you better at police work then math!!!

I hope you're better at police work than your grasp of the English language!!!

10-12-2008, 10:59 AM
si, i are

10-14-2008, 07:32 PM
I think you guys are all a bunch of retards!!!!!!!!!!!! Creek sucks!

10-15-2008, 03:50 AM
Ummm, OK. Thanks for the comment! And by the way, I'd like to be called "mentally challanged"...retard is kind of politically incorrect. :snicker:

10-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Why does Creek Suck? Lets see, we get paid well, police a city that is basically quiet. In fact, BSO would love to have us. Really no issues other then some cry babies who want want want. We have come a long way and working in Creek is not bad at all.

So if you work here and dont like it...LEAVE Some have and want to or have come back!

10-22-2008, 01:03 AM
Oh please, hiring Darren Karp back does not make Coconut Creek the best city in the county that people are just running over each other to get hired back. He did not have a choice to come back and who else left that actually came back? No one else that I can think of. Listen the city blows ok. The administration has no clue what real police work is really about and not one single one of them have ever made a felony arrest. For someone to get transfered or get promoted they either have to sue or get pregnant. Wake up Coconut Creek is the laughing stalk of Broward County. The only reason BSO wants to take over this city is so their senior cops can come here and ride out their last couple of years without getting involved in anything serious.

10-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Oh please, hiring Darren Karp back does not make Coconut Creek the best city in the county that people are just running over each other to get hired back. He did not have a choice to come back and who else left that actually came back? No one else that I can think of. Listen the city blows ok. The administration has no clue what real police work is really about and not one single one of them have ever made a felony arrest. For someone to get transfered or get promoted they either have to sue or get pregnant. Wake up Coconut Creek is the laughing stalk of Broward County. The only reason BSO wants to take over this city is so their senior cops can come here and ride out their last couple of years without getting involved in anything serious.

Nice to hear from you Ray. Enjoying your security guard position?

10-22-2008, 02:55 PM

Nice to hear from you Ray. Enjoying your security guard position?

Ray, you're gone and everyone is trying to forget how you were a smear to this department. We all know you're the one that initated the Coconut Creek forum for your idiotic rants like above. Just move on with your pathetic security guard life and leave us be.

10-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Oh please, hiring Darren Karp back does not make Coconut Creek the best city in the county that people are just running over each other to get hired back. He did not have a choice to come back and who else left that actually came back? No one else that I can think of. Listen the city blows ok. The administration has no clue what real police work is really about and not one single one of them have ever made a felony arrest. For someone to get transfered or get promoted they either have to sue or get pregnant. Wake up Coconut Creek is the laughing stalk of Broward County. The only reason BSO wants to take over this city is so their senior cops can come here and ride out their last couple of years without getting involved in anything serious.Some might agree that hiring DK back was a mistake. Others have tried and they turned them down, Yes I work for the city and making great money. So I would never go to BSO unless there was a take over. That does not look like it will happen anytime soon. The only benifit to go BSO is options. More room to move around. However, they have to work hard now to correct Jennies issues. No thanks I stay in Creek.