PDA

View Full Version : 24hr Fitness Miramar

09-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Has anybody checked out the new gym? Are they giving us free admission if we show our ID? How much are the memberships?

09-29-2008, 01:01 AM
How about presenting yourself at the actual gym and inquiring in person.

What a thought!

09-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Don't bother. It's a decent gym, kinda small. I spoke with the membership manager and his words were "Your city is trying to work something out to get you on a discounted plan. However, your captain came in and was very strict in telling us not to let you in for free. He said to make sure that the officers don't bully us into letting them in for free with their police ID." Now of course, when I asked him which captain it was, there was one name that came out first, and of course this name was that of someone who lives in a very hot environment. This person also has never seen the inside of a gym, and has no idea what physical fitness is. Probably why he was very determined to make sure that nobody else enjoys it.

09-29-2008, 05:57 PM
who was it??? I believe all the capt's except one that havent seen the inside of the gym... who ever it was is a real a$$ that has nothing better to do!!

09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
$199 a year with a $35 initiation fee, so far what I am hearing $199 is really cheap for 24hour fitness. The discount is the corporate discount and all you need is a Fire Dept. or Police ID to get it. This plan lets you use all of the 24 hour fitness clubs too. As far as the last poster, when I spoke with the manager he never mentioned Mr. 666 its possible he went in but maybe someone is trying to stir the pot. The manager mentioned liability as the reason we cant go in and show ID and work out for free and corporate policy. Im sure if they let every Cop and Fire fighter use the facility for free it would be a $.99 cent store in less than a year. Ask for Mr. Lambert (manager)

09-30-2008, 04:29 AM
$199 a year with a $35 initiation fee, so far what I am hearing $199 is really cheap for 24hour fitness. The discount is the corporate discount and all you need is a Fire Dept. or Police ID to get it. This plan lets you use all of the 24 hour fitness clubs too. As far as the last poster, when I spoke with the manager he never mentioned Mr. 666 its possible he went in but maybe someone is trying to stir the pot. The manager mentioned liability as the reason we cant go in and show ID and work out for free and corporate policy. Im sure if they let every Cop and Fire fighter use the facility for free it would be a $.99 cent store in less than a year. Ask for Mr. Lambert (manager)

Not sure what kind of health plan you guys carry, but if you are on certain ones, membership is free at 24. I work for the City of Miami and the wifey works at BSO. We carry Humana and under Humana we get a free gym membership to 24 and a couple others. Not sure if this helps you guys out. Check with the insurance you carry and they will be able to tell you more.

09-30-2008, 04:41 PM
[quote="Guest"]$199 a year with a $35 initiation fee, so far what I am hearing $199 is really cheap for 24hour fitness. The discount is the corporate discount and all you need is a Fire Dept. or Police ID to get it. This plan lets you use all of the 24 hour fitness clubs too. As far as the last poster, when I spoke with the manager he never mentioned Mr. 666 its possible he went in but maybe someone is trying to stir the pot. The manager mentioned liability as the reason we cant go in and show ID and work out for free and corporate policy. Im sure if they let every Cop and Fire fighter use the facility for free it would be a $.99 cent store in less than a year. Ask for Mr. Lambert (manager)[/quotNot trying to stir anything. I went in at night, and spoke with a young guy whose name tag said "Membership Manager." He specifically stated that a capt came in an said what I typed above. When I asked the name, he said savaiko.

09-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Not trying to stir anything. I went in at night, and spoke with a young guy whose name tag said "Membership Manager." He specifically stated that a capt came in an said what I typed above. When I asked the name, he said Savaiko. Also, we have CIGNA. Not sure if they offer free memberships. They should though, maybe if would get some of our lazy ass, overweight, cops in the gym since they are too cheap to pay for a membership.

09-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Not trying to stir anything. I went in at night, and spoke with a young guy whose name tag said "Membership Manager." He specifically stated that a capt came in an said what I typed above. When I asked the name, he said Savaiko. Also, we have CIGNA. Not sure if they offer free memberships. They should though, maybe if would get some of our lazy ass, overweight, cops in the gym since they are too cheap to pay for a membership.

FOSHIZZLE MY NIZZLE!!!! :mrgreen: