PDA

View Full Version : Lieutenant Professional Standards/Training

09-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Seminole Police Department Lieutenant Professional Standards/Training: Manages Internal Affairs cases assigned by the Chief of Police. Recommends selection, disciplinary and other personnel decisions; counsels employees and administers discipline as required. Interprets laws, codes, policies and procedures to staff; ensures legality and consistency of application. Knowledge of law enforcement principles, practices and techniques related to patrol, traffic enforcement, crime scene control and investigation, protection of life and property, pursuit, apprehension and transport of suspects. Skill in planning, scheduling, assigning, managing reviewing and elevating the work of sworn and non-sworn staff. Equivalent to graduation from a four year college or university with major course work in criminal justice, police science, public administration or a field related to the work. Ten years supervisory experience in the police service equivalent to the Lieutenant level or above. Certified CMS Instructor. Must possess a valid state of FL Class E DL and have a satisfactory driving record. Must possess or obtain and maintain first aid and CPR certificates and firearms qualification. 9/22/08 10/6/

"HEY CHIEF; I THOUGHT THAT YOU WERE PROMOTING FROM WITHING."

09-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Seminole Police Department Lieutenant Professional Standards/Training: Manages Internal Affairs cases assigned by the Chief of Police. Recommends selection, disciplinary and other personnel decisions; counsels employees and administers discipline as required. Interprets laws, codes, policies and procedures to staff; ensures legality and consistency of application. Knowledge of law enforcement principles, practices and techniques related to patrol, traffic enforcement, crime scene control and investigation, protection of life and property, pursuit, apprehension and transport of suspects. Skill in planning, scheduling, assigning, managing reviewing and elevating the work of sworn and non-sworn staff. Equivalent to graduation from a four year college or university with major course work in criminal justice, police science, public administration or a field related to the work. Ten years supervisory experience in the police service equivalent to the Lieutenant level or above. Certified CMS Instructor. Must possess a valid state of FL Class E DL and have a satisfactory driving record. Must possess or obtain and maintain first aid and CPR certificates and firearms qualification. 9/22/08 10/6/

Did i miss something? Look at the requirement, What are you applying for Governor? I think that criteria eliminates everyone at this dept. I think the reqs for chief are less than that

09-25-2008, 06:09 AM

Did i miss something? Look at the requirement, What are you applying for Governor? I think that criteria eliminates everyone at this dept. I think the reqs for chief are less than that

Ummm......apparently. :roll:

09-25-2008, 11:52 AM

Ummm......apparently. :roll:

09-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Can anyone advise where this job opening is officially announced?
i have most of the requirements and I am interested in applying.

thanks in advance for your assistance.

09-26-2008, 05:13 AM

You can't get there from here.

09-26-2008, 07:29 PM

DON'T BOTHER! THESE REQUIREMENTS WERE MENT FOR SOMEONE AT BSO.

09-26-2008, 10:49 PM
[quote=Guest]Seminole Police Department Lieutenant Professional Standards/Training: Manages Internal Affairs cases assigned by the Chief of Police. Recommends selection, disciplinary and other personnel decisions; counsels employees and administers discipline as required. Interprets laws, codes, policies and procedures to staff; ensures legality and consistency of application. Knowledge of law enforcement principles, practices and techniques related to patrol, traffic enforcement, crime scene control and investigation, protection of life and property, pursuit, apprehension and transport of suspects. Skill in planning, scheduling, assigning, managing reviewing and elevating the work of sworn and non-sworn staff. Equivalent to graduation from a four year college or university with major course work in criminal justice, police science, public administration or a field related to the work. Ten years supervisory experience in the police service equivalent to the Lieutenant level or above. Certified CMS Instructor. Must possess a valid state of FL Class E DL and have a satisfactory driving record. Must possess or obtain and maintain first aid and CPR certificates and firearms qualification. 9/22/08 10/6/

Did i miss something? Look at the requirement, What are you applying for Governor? I think that criteria eliminates everyone at this dept. I think the reqs for chief are less than that IF A PERSON FROM BSO IS QUALIFIED CHIEF WILL, WOULD NOT HIRE BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT LOOK GOOD. WE NEED A GOOD QUALIFIED PERSON FOR THIS POSITION, NO ONE HERE IS QUALIFIED, SO LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS. HIS STAFF AND THE TRIBE WILL MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION. IT WILL WORK OUT. THE CHIEF TAKES CARE OF HIS DEPT.

Ummm......apparently. :roll:[/quote:357jfkk6]

09-28-2008, 12:38 AM
[quote="Guest 945":1qlrik5g][quote=Guest]Seminole Police Department Lieutenant Professional Standards/Training: Manages Internal Affairs cases assigned by the Chief of Police. Recommends selection, disciplinary and other personnel decisions; counsels employees and administers discipline as required. Interprets laws, codes, policies and procedures to staff; ensures legality and consistency of application. Knowledge of law enforcement principles, practices and techniques related to patrol, traffic enforcement, crime scene control and investigation, protection of life and property, pursuit, apprehension and transport of suspects. Skill in planning, scheduling, assigning, managing reviewing and elevating the work of sworn and non-sworn staff. Equivalent to graduation from a four year college or university with major course work in criminal justice, police science, public administration or a field related to the work. Ten years supervisory experience in the police service equivalent to the Lieutenant level or above. Certified CMS Instructor. Must possess a valid state of FL Class E DL and have a satisfactory driving record. Must possess or obtain and maintain first aid and CPR certificates and firearms qualification. 9/22/08 10/6/

Did i miss something? Look at the requirement, What are you applying for Governor? I think that criteria eliminates everyone at this dept. I think the reqs for chief are less than that IF A PERSON FROM BSO IS QUALIFIED CHIEF WILL, WOULD NOT HIRE BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT LOOK GOOD. WE NEED A GOOD QUALIFIED PERSON FOR THIS POSITION, NO ONE HERE IS QUALIFIED, SO LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS. HIS STAFF AND THE TRIBE WILL MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION. IT WILL WORK OUT. THE CHIEF TAKES CARE OF HIS DEPT.

Ummm......apparently. :roll:[/quote:1qlrik5g]

[/quote:1qlrik5g]
How do you know that no one here is qualified? Have you met everyone and know their qualifications, NO i dont think so buddy. It is a position for LT not DR. You mean to tell me that at every agency the qualifications for this position are similar. I doubt it. Time to get real

09-29-2008, 10:53 PM
This un-anounced job has been filled. don't bother app;ying....

09-30-2008, 12:56 AM
This un-anounced job has been filled. don't bother app;ying.... CHIEF DON'T BEAT AROUND THE BUSH, JUST TELL US WHO IT IS. I GUESS WE COULD ASK HR THEY SEEM TO BE RUNNING THIS DEPT. I CAN SEE IT COMING. CHIEF, YOU HAVE TO BE LEADER AND LISTEN. EVALUATE ISSUES BEFORE YOU JUMP, YOU HAVE MAJORS CAPTAINS AND A FEW LT'. GET ALL THE FACTS AND LISTEN TO US. REMEMBER YOU ARE LEARNING A NEW JOB DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK THE RIGHT PEOPLE. BE CAREFUL.

09-30-2008, 04:54 AM
[quote="it figures":24uaqfie]This un-anounced job has been filled. don't bother app;ying.... CHIEF DON'T BEAT AROUND THE BUSH, JUST TELL US WHO IT IS. I GUESS WE COULD ASK HR THEY SEEM TO BE RUNNING THIS DEPT. I CAN SEE IT COMING. CHIEF, YOU HAVE TO BE LEADER AND LISTEN. EVALUATE ISSUES BEFORE YOU JUMP, YOU HAVE MAJORS CAPTAINS AND A FEW LT'. GET ALL THE FACTS AND LISTEN TO US. REMEMBER YOU ARE LEARNING A NEW JOB DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK THE RIGHT PEOPLE. BE CAREFUL.[/quote:24uaqfie]

Are you really that naive? Do you really think he gives two wet farts about what you have to say? You think this was something he just jumped into? This decision was very well thought out and the requirements were tailored to suit the person. He knew exactly who he wanted, copied that person's resume and typed "job announcement" at the top. Believe me when I tell you that nobody has ever had a say in anything he's done. He has way too much pride to ask for anyone else's opinion. Did I just crush your dreams or is he still on a pedastal?

09-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Bring back Aaron Wright policeman Extraordinaire!!!

09-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Bring back Aaron Wright policeman Extraordinaire!!!

FOR WHAT??? SO THAT HE CAN LET ALL HIS HOOD BUDDIES IN FOR FREE IN THE CLUDS OR FOR HIM TO TRY TO PICK UP EVERY WOMAN AT THE PARADISE.

09-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Calm down before you have a stroke. I was being facetious. We know what kind of POS he was. I am surprised though that Big Chief Numbnuts has not brought him back. His head was far enough up his rectum. I know he's job shopping since he couldn't make it where they have to do real police wrok.

10-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Calm down before you have a stroke. I was being facetious. We know what kind of POS he was. I am surprised though that Big Chief Numbnuts has not brought him back. His head was far enough up his rectum. I know he's job shopping since he couldn't make it where they have to do real police wrok.

They both have something in common, Will could not make it at BSO either. He was moved from unit to unit, i guess he finally got the picture. :devil:

10-02-2008, 03:55 AM

They both have something in common, Will could not make it at BSO either. He was moved from unit to unit, i guess he finally got the picture. :devil: I THINK THE CHIEF WILL MAKE IT HERE IF HE DON'T LET HR RUN THE DEPT. HE CAN ALWAYS GO TO THE HIGHWAY PATROL. I THINK HE WANTED TO GO THERE ONCE , HE WOULD MAKE A GOOD TROOPER. WISH YOU WELL CHIEF, REMEMBER TAKE CARE OF THE OFFICERS AND THE COMMUNITY, LIKE YOU ALL DID 3 YEARS AGO.

10-02-2008, 11:11 PM
[quote="Will L":3tzqjai8]Calm down before you have a stroke. I was being facetious. We know what kind of POS he was. I am surprised though that Big Chief Numbnuts has not brought him back. His head was far enough up his rectum. I know he's job shopping since he couldn't make it where they have to do real police wrok.

They both have something in common, Will could not make it at BSO either. He was moved from unit to unit, i guess he finally got the picture. :devil: I THINK THE CHIEF WILL MAKE IT HERE IF HE DON'T LET HR RUN THE DEPT. HE CAN ALWAYS GO TO THE HIGHWAY PATROL. I THINK HE WANTED TO GO THERE ONCE , HE WOULD MAKE A GOOD TROOPER. WISH YOU WELL CHIEF, REMEMBER TAKE CARE OF THE OFFICERS AND THE COMMUNITY, LIKE YOU ALL DID 3 YEARS AGO.[/quote:3tzqjai8]
NO HE CANNOT GO THERE HE FAILED THE TEST THERE TWICE!

10-03-2008, 03:05 AM
THE FHP TEST IS NOT HARD, JUST ABOUT EVERYONE PASSES. COMMON SENSE QUESTIONS, HE COULD TAKE IT AGAIN. BIG PAY CUT.

10-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Who took care of us three years ago??? The only thing the chief has and will take care of is his self. He's a dolt that should be on the turnpike writing tickets except he's not even qualified to do that. He's a puppet...he knows and we know it. He will do what he's told by the council and that is the ONLY reason he was brought back. Zero police skills, zero admin skills, zero people skills and he will knife you in the back whenever it suits his purpose. Just like his buddy Aaron. Very surprised he's not bak yet. Give it time...he has to get over his little problem at Miami Gardens but he will be back.