PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Process.

09-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Got a letter to do the fitness and swim up in Jupiter. The next step would obviously be interview up north. Where do they conduct the psychs and meds? thanks guys

09-24-2008, 06:19 PM
All of the medical testing (medical exam, eye, urinalysis) can be done by your doctor. We will send you the forms to take to your physician or lab. We're changing our procedure on psych testing, so I can't tell you where it will be done. Good luck!

09-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Hey thanks for your time and response I really appricate it.

09-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Listen, the job is awesome. Like many others I am leaving only because I can no longer afford to stand by and let my family do without. Do yourself a favor and do not let anyone in the hiring process bully you into going somewere other than where you want to end up. Get a firm offer that states exactly where you will be stationed with the residency requirement. If it forces you to move then walk away. The financial and emotional burden is too much in the day and age. There's an old feeling of "I had to do it, so should all the new guys" in many ofthe old timers.

09-25-2008, 02:30 PM
During the pre-employment interview we ask people where they would like to be assigned. Over half get assigned to the county they request. We just offered jobs to 31 applicants and 20 were offered positions in the county they requested as their first choice. That said, our priority vacancies are mostly in the southern counties with a few mid-state. There are few if any vacancies in the north and panhandle counties. If you are offered a position, you will be told up front where you will be assigned. The decision to accept that position is up to you at that point. Good luck!

09-26-2008, 01:53 AM
I have nothing but respect for fish and game. There job is to protect the resources that i have grown to love. I can see myself doing the same. I have an AA in criminal justice and am doing my bachelors right now. I am looking foward to the testing day and the rest of the process. I live in broward and would like to work here or dade and even monroe. I truly feel you on the pay aspect as most of you do have families to support and I commend your maturity and attitude when it comes to making sure your family is top priority. Hoping to god i get this, i have always wanted to work for FWC.

09-26-2008, 06:08 PM
I have nothing but respect for fish and game. There job is to protect the resources that i have grown to love. I can see myself doing the same. I have an AA in criminal justice and am doing my bachelors right now. I am looking foward to the testing day and the rest of the process. I live in broward and would like to work here or dade and even monroe. I truly feel you on the pay aspect as most of you do have families to support and I commend your maturity and attitude when it comes to making sure your family is top priority. Hoping to god i get this, i have always wanted to work for FWC.
4 openings in Broward
4 in Dade
6 in Monroe
You should have no problem going to those counties

09-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Does anyone know of openings in Pasco, Pinellas or Hernando Counties?

09-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Does anyone know of openings in Pasco, Pinellas or Hernando Counties?There are openings everywhere in south Florida. Just make sure you get it in writing that you will go exactly where you need to before hiring on.

09-26-2008, 09:56 PM

09-26-2008, 09:59 PM

If you REALLY want to work for us, then you may wanna do some research on this agency's name. Fish & Game is no longer. Just food for thought before you go and say something like that to your interview board. :roll:

09-27-2008, 02:02 AM
There are opening all over the state, espeacily on the east cost all the way to the state line

09-27-2008, 06:41 AM
Actually its Game and Fish. The FMP wouldnt be wearing felt cowboy hats and boots and was much more professional agency. So in a way he is correct. Go to a Sheriffs Office, because after a few years of no raises you will leave anyways. Sorry to say but its true. Good luck..............

09-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Does anyone know of openings in Pasco, Pinellas or Hernando Counties?
Pinellas is the only one of those 3 with a vacancy and it only has 1. Hillsborough has 2.

11-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Does anyone know how long the process is to a get a position once you turn in your apps then go to the academy?

11-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Hello,

You turn in your application and supplemental. You will get a letter for the physical test, which I just had one 2 weeks ago. Only about 1 in 5 passed. A few days later, I got a letter with my interview date and time. I interview on Wednesday. From here, I don't know. Just make sure you are in shape for the physical test. I was about 50 deep during registration and I was the first group in the swim. There were at least 200 people there and they were going home left and right.

11-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks. I was reading on the website about the whole process. They mention the psych but not a poly, do they do that with FWC?

11-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Oh and good luck tomorrow!

11-12-2008, 12:09 AM
I don't believe they do a polygraph or voice stress unless they find some issues. They will perform a pretty in depth background from what I hear. Just make sure you are honest with any issues you may have. Current officers could provide you with more info.

11-14-2008, 02:58 AM
Hernando,

Had my interview -Passed, got fitted for uniforms, finger printed, Id photo. But, now I am hearing rumors that they may start going back to the academy at Pat Thomas. This may be a dealbreaker for me. When I was 20, yeah. I have a family now and wanted to stay locally. So if anybody heard anything please let me know.

11-14-2008, 04:07 AM
Wow, that would stink! Let me know how that works out.

11-14-2008, 05:19 AM
The FWC academy put out a good product. The locals, not so much.

11-14-2008, 02:58 PM
I understand the training is better up there as it is geared for FWC. Its just I have already been in the Army and been through the 15 week correctional probation officer academy in Seminole County. I don't mind going through another full academy again, I just don't want to be 5 hours away. Been there done that. Guess we will see what happens.

11-14-2008, 03:09 PM
FWC no longer runs its own academy. If a recruit lives in the county where they will be assigned they will attend a local academy. So if someone lives in Palm Beach county and is assigned to work in Palm Beach county, they would attend the academy at Palm Beach Community College. Otherwise they would attend the Pat Thomas academy in Tallahassee. The catch is that most of our vacancies are in south FL. So if you live in Seminole, the chance of being assigned in Seminole and attending Seminole CC is all but nill. You would most likely be offered a position in a southern county and attend training at Pat Thomas. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is what it is. Good luck!

11-14-2008, 05:57 PM
That is good, I was just hearing rumors up at tally that they were doing away with the local academy option. I really want to work for FWC, but I am tired of leaving my family for months at a time. Thanks for the clarification. You know how rumors go.

11-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Also,

I told them in my interview I would only accept four specific counties. They seemed really helpful. They loved the fact that I am a FDLE CMS instructor. Hopefully all that helps.

12-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Can anyone tell me the actual hiring process for a current Florida certified LEO? I read about it on the FWC website but I wanted to know about academy status, testing etc. Thanks for any info.

12-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Heres a few questions. Has anyone heard if there are any openings in Highlands County? Dead in the center of Florida, I'm just wondering if by the time I have my paperwork and hiring process completed if there will be any positions opened. Also, I am currently LE certified and would leave my agency in GREAT standings, so how long would it be until I'm in FTO? From what I understand I would not go through a transition course, but possibly at a later time? I'm still debating whether to make the switch, I love the outdoors and what FWC does however I hate switching jobs. I'm also afraid I will miss patrol work believe it or not. If I do go I'm looking at submitting my app around January-ish so any pointers?

12-23-2008, 07:08 PM
There may be a vacancy in Highlands. I don't know. Even if ther is, the possibility remains that it will not be offered to new applicants. The way the process works is Tallahassee determines the priority vacancies based on how concentrated the are. For instance, if there is 1 vacancy in Highlands and 7 vacancies in Dade, and they plan to hire only 3 new officers, Dade will most likely get them. One thing to keep in mind is that you will be able to transfer wherever you like or at least closer if there is a spot.
I think the best advise for all is to call the Training Center. I believe their number is on the web site http://www.myfwc.com. They will be able to assist you better than this page, although I think most of the content here is pretty accurate. You just need to weed through those that might complain however jsutified they may be.

12-23-2008, 10:32 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that you will be able to transfer wherever you like or at least closer if there is a spot.

Trust me when I say. "We are so hard up for warm bodies to fill positions you can pretty much tell them where you want to go and only go." Whatever you do though. Do not depend on the prospect of moving as soon as your first year is up. If they are really short handed in a big busy county down south and you want to go back home to a county with one opening they're not gonna allow that move. Remember that first and foremost, agency needs come first.

fwc1971
12-28-2008, 01:55 PM
I need some advice from an FWC officer who is familiar with the background investigation for the hiring process. When I submitted my application, I was in a big hurry because I found out the deadline to apply to get on the list for the cooper test in Tallahassee had passed. I spoke to the secretary at Pat Thomas and she allowed me to send it in late. Needless to say my life was shattered with the untimely passing of my father the next day. I was a complete wreck and my wife decided she would help out and fill out my app. Unfortunately, she made some errors on the app. She got one of my old addresses wrong. She didnt provide 10 years of residential or work history. She didnt provide all of my tickets and a notice to appear from 1996 or an arrest from 1992 (driving with a suspended license-adjudicated). She sent out the app, and I reviewed things after the fact. I freaked out!!! I still took the cooper and passed, then passed the oral interview. I contacted a captain to explain the situation and he wasnt sympathetic about the issue. I understood it was my responsibility to review everything, I flat out blew it. The captain said "you can talk to the background investigator and explain it" I have nothing to hide, and I just want to make sure I am not going to be DQ'd for my mistake. I have been on two ride alongs with an officer in Palm Beach county and he isn't sure what to do either. He was worried for me , which made things worse for me!! I have been preparing for this job for a long time. I have spent hours of my own time learning about Florida wildlife, endangered species, and ecosystems, etc. on my own time for years. This would be my life's dream fulfilled, and I have no fingernails left. Any one have any advice? I know the captain said to talk to the BI, but I want to be proactive, since the BI will have to go back to fill in the gaps. Thanks for your help.

12-28-2008, 11:35 PM
O.K. here are the facts. Whether your wife filled out the application or you did the fact remains that you have been arrested. There are several hundred applicants that will know just as much about Florida’s natural resources and be just as prepared for the job as you with one exception, they have never been arrested.

I don’t mean to burst your bubble but, I think that you are wasting your time. If you don’t believe me contact your local recruiter and he/she will tell you. I wish you the best of luck. I don’t believe that there’s a Police agency in the state that will hire you.

fwc1971
12-29-2008, 02:23 AM
You're not bursting my bubble, but it was a misdemeanor that ended up being a fine and was harrasment from an ahole Lake Worth officer when I was active duty military on leave. This happened in 1992. I've asked a few officers as well as the FWC officer I did a ride along with if it was a problem and they said no. As for wasting my time, I am not going to let your negativity stop my ambitions. I was encouraged to join a large local agency by a 23 year veteran who knows my history, so you're flat out wrong. Negative Nancy!!!!

fwc1971
12-29-2008, 02:28 AM
FYI- there wasn't several hundred that got past the oral interview and I can assure you, I'm not bragging, but I doubt that not many applicants can tell you what a Limpkin is. Can you? WIKIPEDIA.COM

12-29-2008, 04:48 AM
If you really want the job then fill out the application again and put EVERYTHING in it. Write a cover letter explaining the oversight. Hey, give it a shot. What do you have to lose? You passed the oral right? Listen, law enforcement agencies have hired alot of officers with issues in their backgrounds that by no means have stopped them from becoming a cop. In our agency alone we have hired lifelong poachers, admitted gill-netters, and shoplifters. Yes, this is documented! Do I agree with all these hires? No, but its not my decision.

fwc1971
12-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Thank you! I know I've made some stupid mistakes, but this is what I want more than anything in life. When I did my ride alongs with the officer, I realized that. It was not a boring day at work!!! He complimented me on my awareness and knowledge of wildlife. I appreciate your advice!

12-29-2008, 07:06 PM
As far as arrests go, only felonies are an automatic disqualifier. A misdemeanor--and one 16 years ago--will not likely cause you any issues. Explain your situation to the recruiter and the BI and be prepared to provide corrected information and any additional documents supporting your application. Good luck!

01-30-2009, 05:33 AM
Thank you! I know I've made some stupid mistakes, but this is what I want more than anything in life. When I did my ride alongs with the officer, I realized that. It was not a boring day at work!!! He complimented me on my awareness and knowledge of wildlife. I appreciate your advice!

I'm gonna make sure that you are not hired. We don't need or want former detainees or criminals in our midst.

Your situation and posting, although nameless, will be easy to track down!

Apply for your local PD/SO. Do yourself a favor!

:devil:

01-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Dear GFCman:

Your name says it all. YOU sir are 99.99% of the problems with the NEW agency, FWC. Get on with it, you are no longer just an old game warden out in the woods. Untill you and ALL of your same minded friends come to grips with the fact that it is no longer 1980 and move into the 21st Century with the rest of us, FWC will NEVER ger any better. It will NOT go back to the old days. Get on the bus or GET OUT.

01-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Dear GFCman:

Your name says it all. YOU sir are 99.99% of the problems with the NEW agency, FWC. Get on with it, you are no longer just an old game warden out in the woods. Untill you and ALL of your same minded friends come to grips with the fact that it is no longer 1980 and move into the 21st Century with the rest of us, FWC will NEVER ger any better. It will NOT go back to the old days. Get on the bus or GET OUT.
Man oh man, do I agree with you. Since I got hired The only people I have had any trouble with have been former GFC. From them telling us to sacrifice this or give up that for the "Commission". They make me sick. Telling someone he doesn't even know that he's going to make sure he doesn't get hired. Typical screw your buddy mentality of former wardens. Hey GFC douchbag, why did you get hired? Were you some lifelong poacher, were you a gator trapper for the commission? Whats your story? Crawl back to your double-wide on that ranchers property and eat your beanie-wienies.

fwc1971
02-01-2009, 05:33 AM
Hey thanks for sticking up for me guys. My background investigation was finished and I asked the BI what she thought about my chances. She said I was fine. I want this job more than anything! There have been a few on this site that have tried to trash me, but I could care less!!! The FWC's disqualifiers were Marijuana use within the last two years and no felony's. I have made some mistakes, but for the last 5 years I have been squeaky clean. GFC I bet your the a-hole I dealt with at the Cooper PT in Tally. This douche had a buzzcut and thought he was in the Marines. Yelling at me like I was in bootcamp. If that ain't you, I bet you spoon him at night! If you want to waste your time trying to find out who I am on this site, go ahead!! Don't you have something better to do, like watching Deliverance?

fwc1971
02-01-2009, 05:41 AM
Look out guys he's gonna find out who you are too!! What a loser!!!!

02-03-2009, 04:11 AM
they just finished my BI also, i have one thing unlike you. Maturity. Remember these guys your bashing are maybe one day gunna be your co workers. Just think about that.

02-03-2009, 07:01 AM
for you guys that are looking into applying, fwc is a great place to start. they pay for your state cert, pay while you are going to the academy and supply pretty much all your equipment. get certified, get a year or so with fwc, back up the city and county boys and see if you like regular police work.

if you find you like regular police work, your ahead of the game. fwc paid for your state cert, you got a couple of years le experience, then just apply to whatever s.o or pd you are wanting to work for. thats about when you'll notice your paycheck increasing.

fwc should be the best job around. unfortunately, between pay, poor morale, and a million other things that plague the place, it kinda sucks to work there for more the a few years. take it for what its worth. been there done that.

02-03-2009, 04:28 PM
After you have used FWC (or any other state agency) to get your certification leave as soon as possible. Don't wait in hopes of a living wage, it won't happen. Don't wait to get vested, the loss of pay is not justified. Don't give them the two years you promised, there is not one person that has been made to pay back the cost of the academy. This is in no way meant to be a slam on FWC. I loved it there. My decision to stay as long as I did was the most irresponsible decision I have ever made in my life. In a time where most agencies have frozen the hiring process it sucked to be stuck in a low paying agency working two or three jobs to survive.

fwc1971
02-03-2009, 09:08 PM
I've been in the military wow, so when it comes to respecting my seniors I have no problem. What I have a problem with, is some redneck telling me that he's gonna make sure I'm not hired. What is he two?? I'm telling on you! The job of the BI is to check my background and make sure my history checks out. The job of the panel is to review my application and take everything into consideration and give me a thumbs up or down. Its up to a panel, not an individual who doesn't know me or know what my background is other than a few mistakes long ago. I don't know why he has a wild hair for me, but so be it. Ok, maybe the Deliverance comment was over the top and he probably doesn't spoon Sgt. Buzzcut. I still think GFC can find other things to do with his time, like stopping the former poachers and gill netters from coming in. Those guys are the real criminals!!

02-04-2009, 02:22 AM
Like I said remember you might be working with these people one day. Maybe its best to keep comments to yourself and respect these people, because they already HAVE the job you want. I use this board as a reference to any developments in the hiring process.

fwc1971
02-04-2009, 03:29 AM
You went from wow to like I said? If you read some of the other comments, you would see some very unsavory comments from people who work with this guy. You should worry about your own application, not mine, or my ability to work with someone like GFC. Would you like to comment on the others on here who criticized this guy? It sounds like you're the type to be a kiss a** to your superiors to get ahead of others. Chalk up that nose!

fwc1971
02-04-2009, 03:36 AM
I also use this board as a reference for the hiring process, since I created this string for advice. I didn't create it for negative comments from people who like to waste their time worrying about my application when they have little if anything to do with it, or from people who want to stick up for people who waste their time worrying about my application. You're both on the wrong string!!! Move along, nothing to see here! (Sargeant Barbrady from South Park) Oh yeah, South Park is immature!

02-04-2009, 03:18 PM
I think it's funny your bashing guys that you might work with, but if you were a real man you would use your real name. just another coward hiding behind guest. billy porter

fwc1971
02-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Can't we all just get along! Ok, this has clearly run it's course. Billy, check out more strings on here and see the lovefest going on between officers. Bashing goatees, the new hats, land vs. water, former G&F vs. former FMP, upper mgt., pay, the entire FWC, Col. Jones....... one big happy family!!!! Where do I sign up?

fwc1971
02-04-2009, 05:52 PM
My name isn't guest, but I don't post my name either. There are a lot that have posted as guest, who are you referring to? If you think you are a man by posting your name, then your definition of being a man isn't a whole lot. I don't want to insult any further, my focus is to become an FWC officer. I've had more positive responses than negative, so to those who have been supportive thank you! To those who want to waste time worrying about me becoming an FWC officer, rather than working on the internal problems of the FWC, have at it. Now, lets get back to the topic of the hiring process. My BI was finished the first week of January, and I am waiting for an answer. The local academy just started, which means the next one isn't until Sept!!!!! That sucks!!! I submitted my app in Oct. I wonder what effect the January state budget meetings will have on new hires this year? When I did the Cooper in Tally, there were about 150-175 people. Jupiter Cooper also had 150-175. I heard that in my round of applicants there were about 70-80 that passed the oral. Is that correct? If so, I heard they need about 85 positions filled. The BI probably eliminated another 15-20%. The way the economy looks, this next round will have twice as many applicants. I imagine a lot of officers will be leaving this year, looking for local agencies with higher pay. There should be a lot of positions to fill!!

04-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Does anyone know if there are availabilities is Lee, Charlotte, or Hendry county? I prefer Lee county but i live near the Hendry and Charlotte line.

04-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know if there are availabilities is Lee, Charlotte, or Hendry county? I prefer Lee county but i live near the Hendry and Charlotte line.

FWC is hiring with more emphasis in South FL. I'm not saying that u can't get your location, but dont count on it. When u apply, be prepared for the possibility of relocating. Are u a LEO already? Bachelor Degree? Military? Combination of all 3 will help tremendously!

Good luck

04-21-2009, 03:00 AM
the only thing i have behind me is 2 years of security work. im only 20 years old and looking for a career in FWC. I live Alva which is in lee county, and i love being out in the woods and out on the water, ive read so much on FWC, it looks like the place for me. i just want to see what my chances are for getting with this agency.

04-21-2009, 05:14 AM
the only thing i have behind me is 2 years of security work. im only 20 years old and looking for a career in FWC. I live Alva which is in lee county, and i love being out in the woods and out on the water, ive read so much on FWC, it looks like the place for me. i just want to see what my chances are for getting with this agency.Your chances are very good at getting hired. We are short handed and need officers. The pay sucks but you don't have to stay here forever if that never get's fixed. It may sound like alot of money to a 20 YO but believe me that won't last. Do your self a favor and never come back to this site since you are trying to get hired on. It won't be hard to figure who you are. Some people don't like officers visiting and posting here. Good luck!

04-21-2009, 01:58 PM
the only thing i have behind me is 2 years of security work. im only 20 years old and looking for a career in FWC. I live Alva which is in lee county, and i love being out in the woods and out on the water, ive read so much on FWC, it looks like the place for me. i just want to see what my chances are for getting with this agency.Your chances are very good at getting hired. We are short handed and need officers. The pay sucks but you don't have to stay here forever if that never get's fixed. It may sound like alot of money to a 20 YO but believe me that won't last. Do your self a favor and never come back to this site since you are trying to get hired on. It won't be hard to figure who you are. Some people don't like officers visiting and posting here. Good luck!

Alva boy, u seem like a nice kid and I'll give u an honest assesment. At 20 yrs of age, u are obviously young and have a lot of time. If I were u, I'd go back to school. Economy sucks and u can be awarded many grants to help pay. Reason why i say this, is FWC seems real fun and interesting, but if being an LEO does not work out, u can always fall back on your college degree. While going to college, u can meet good connections with state agencies like DEP / FWC and othe LEO agencies.

Best piece of advice: network yourself and get yourself prepared (not just for FWC but for u as an individual) to become a LEO. Get fit ......... if you're undersized, gain muscle mass. Seperate yourself from other canidates!

Good luck

04-21-2009, 03:38 PM

Alva boy, u seem like a nice kid and I'll give u an honest assesment. At 20 yrs of age, u are obviously young and have a lot of time. If I were u, I'd go back to school. Economy sucks and u can be awarded many grants to help pay. Reason why i say this, is FWC seems real fun and interesting, but if being an LEO does not work out, u can always fall back on your college degree. While going to college, u can meet good connections with state agencies like DEP / FWC and othe LEO agencies.

Best piece of advice: network yourself and get yourself prepared (not just for FWC but for u as an individual) to become a LEO. Get fit ......... if you're undersized, gain muscle mass. Seperate yourself from other canidates!

Good luckUndersized? What do you think he is, a fish? Why is it that it's only rednecks put soooo much emphasis on size. You never see big Navy SEALs do you? Do you ever see big tires on Land Rover being driven in the middle of Africa?

04-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Relax there buddy. I'm saying if the kid is skinny (i dont know if he is) to try and put some muscle on. Last thing anyone wants to hear is an LEO getting his butt kicked (or possibly shot) bc he could not defend off a criminal from his weapon. Better he did hit some weights than not! It cant hurt.

04-21-2009, 10:32 PM

Good luckUndersized? What do you think he is, a fish? Why is it that it's only rednecks put soooo much emphasis on size. You never see big Navy SEALs do you? Do you ever see big tires on Land Rover being driven in the middle of Africa?

1st guest: thank you for the advice. i dont mean to start trouble on here, just looking for answers, but thank you very much.
Clue: thank you for your advice, i am currently in school, but my degree is not completed (crim justice), at my job i work with alot of LEO guys from for myers, so thats my connection. as far as the build....im 6' 187 pounds, and ive been going to the gym for the past 6 months, im def. trying to improve my build
2nd guest: thanks for sticking up for me, but hes right, i do need to work on my build, and plan on it.

thanks again guys for the respones, i really appreciate it!

04-22-2009, 12:53 AM
After I retire at Broward SO, I would be interested what is the hiring process for certified.

06-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Hiring process has been suspended for all potential canidates who applied this past winter. Just recieved a letter in the mail today.

It's a shame, there was a lot of qualified and excited canidates at the Spring interview process in Tallahassee!

06-26-2009, 04:54 PM
They are not hiring because the state is out of money. Our funding gets less and less every year.

06-26-2009, 05:44 PM
They are not hiring because the state is out of money. Our funding gets less and less every year.

It should be interesting to see what happens when the state has an increase in boat related / hunting accidents in 2009 because of the lack of FWC officers on patrol. Revenue from citations will decrease and so will the knowledge that officer's give to the local community.

Amazing to see that many state's decrease funding in a recession. The increase of unemployment will traditionally create more activity for illegal acts.

Politicians are blind

06-30-2009, 08:19 PM
sdkfjasl;kfjsd

07-01-2009, 12:29 AM
sdkfjasl;kfjsd

WTF?

07-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Hello;

Can please somebody advise of an individual (preferable an officer) that I can contact in Miami-Dade county reference information for employment?

Thank you very much,

I can be reach at tony1517@yahoo.com

Blessings

07-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Hello;

Can please somebody advise of an individual (preferable an officer) that I can contact in Miami-Dade county reference information for employment?

Thank you very much,

Blessings

Don't contact the recruter that person is one of the biggest jokes in the agency.

07-09-2009, 04:33 AM
Hello, Thanks for your advise,

But in what sense you say they are a joke?

can you share some info about overtime, take home and things of that nature?
and how hard is it to get in?

I heard that the phisical test is very hard to pass, even by athletic individuals. What is your advise on this?

blessings

Mr South FLA
07-09-2009, 01:51 PM
[quote="Guest"]Hello, Thanks for your advise,

I heard that the phisical test is very hard to pass, even by athletic individuals. What is your advise on this?

First of all coming to this site is not the best place to come for advice. Go to the www.myfwc.com (http://www.myfwc.com) page to get more details about employment then call your local recruiter it is on the website. The physical test is Cooper standards in the 50 percentile.I know that Miami Dade is STARVING for officers. The person posting about that recruiter and PIO probably has a grudge against that person so don't listen to the negatives that you see on here. Good luck!

07-09-2009, 02:32 PM

First of all coming to this site is not the best place to come for advice. Go to the http://www.myfwc.com page to get more details about employment then call your local recruiter it is on the website. The physical test is Cooper standards in the 50 percentile.I know that Miami Dade is STARVING for officers. The person posting about that recruiter and PIO probably has a grudge against that person so don't listen to the negatives that you see on here. Good luck!

How come the recruiter gets paid alot more than the normal officer... for what, What has he done... thats right nothing. That is my only issue , we keep rewarding people for poor work quality, as far as finding out about the job go to myfwc.com and that should answer most of your questions. Don't even try to contact the recruiter though anyone that I have tried to get him in contact with, he has never returned their phone call, NEVER! Thats my issues.

Mr South FLA
07-09-2009, 10:39 PM
None, I agree with you that any recruiter that I have known does not do a whole lot. I also agree with you that they should not make extra $$. They get a free phone how can it be so hard to call someone back?? Stupid...

07-09-2009, 10:55 PM

First of all coming to this site is not the best place to come for advice. Go to the http://www.myfwc.com page to get more details about employment then call your local recruiter it is on the website. The physical test is Cooper standards in the 50 percentile.I know that Miami Dade is STARVING for officers. The person posting about that recruiter and PIO probably has a grudge against that person so don't listen to the negatives that you see on here. Good luck!
Well, yes and no. The Miami recruiter is a LARGE embrassment. He thinks he knows everything, however, when he speaks he clearly shows how little that he understands the very agency he represents. If he's so damn good, why did he fail the promotional test?? He is a joke!

07-10-2009, 02:49 AM
Hello;

Thank you very much,

Blessings

Sorry to break the news to you Tony, but the state has suspended hiring. They have a waiting list until at least this winter for the canidates who have passed their Bi. I'd suggest u either self sponsor yourself, college with NR or wildlife, or a job with related experience.

The state is a bit in a financial crisis right now and looks like the number of FWC officers may be decreasing in the future. Good luck ......... Go to FWC website for more info on recruiters in your area!

07-12-2009, 04:21 AM
Thank you! I appreciate all of your advises and sharing.

Tony.

07-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Thank you! I appreciate all of your advises and sharing.

Tony.

Tony,

The first thing you should do is learn to speak and write better English. Your writing reads like one of those Nigerian money scam letters.......

07-18-2009, 06:40 AM
Sir,

I acknowledge that my second language in this case, English, is in present need of some "improvement". Believed me, everyday I am progressing in that direction. I hope one day to achive such a level of proficiency in this Shakesperean language, that would allow me to master it with grace and to bring about such a degree of exellence that no one will find any fault in it.

On the other hand, you compared me writting with a "Nigerian scam letter". Three things worth to ponder in here:

First, I wonder if you can communicate in another language other than your native tonge. if you do, Great! but if you dont, just let me know when you are learning so I make fun of you in public. I see you love that.

Second, I am curious whether if you could actually locate "Nigeria" in a map, after all, you speak like someone who knows a lot.

Third, I will bring on the spirit of your writting, if you observe carefully, everybody contributed with something positive to a simple question. In turn, you only wrote a "two linner" but sufficient to bring on to this edifying feast some lovely poison of your own invention.

Farewell, be safe.

Tony.

07-19-2009, 02:58 AM
Tony,

I didn't know Italians were still immigrating to the U.S.

I've been to the boot a few times, nice place! Hot and humid just like Florida!!!!

You'll need to learn some spanish if u live in the south. Also you'll have to learn to lock your doors too! Many immigrants from the islands tend to not have the customs of average Americans!

Oh yea, double bolt your back door too!

07-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Tony Tony Tony,

Who did you hire to write that???? LOL !!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

07-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Sir,

In all humbleness, I take pride in my answer, as who did I hire "to write that". It amuzes me, that the fact that we, people that have english as a second language, or people that are challanged in putting forth the anglo-saxon language of the 21 century, in its rigth fashion, or we who are parhaps struggling in collecting and aligning the rigth words to say, with the presicion of an experienced archer, collect and aims its arrows; Or we people who lack the exact ability to pronounced each sound with the confidence of a skilfull musician. That we are deamed by some, as dum. irrelevant, incompentent or what is worse as illiterate people.

Now, I did not hired somebody "to write that" on my stead,But I did "hire" people to educate me in how to read, write and speak english.

07-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Sir,

In all humbleness, I take pride in my answer, as who did I hire "to write that". It amuzes me, that the fact that we, people that have english as a second language, or people that are challanged in putting forth the anglo-saxon language of the 21 century, in its rigth fashion, or we who are parhaps struggling in collecting and aligning the rigth words to say, with the presicion of an experienced archer, collect and aims its arrows; Or we people who lack the exact ability to pronounced each sound with the confidence of a skilfull musician. That we are deamed by some, as dum. irrelevant, incompentent or what is worse as illiterate people.

Now, I did not hired somebody "to write that" on my stead,But I did "hire" people to educate me in how to read, write and speak english.Stop wasting your time with these rednecks that think the world starts and ends in what little woods are left in Florida. The attitudes you have already experienced here are a good example of what you can expect with these hillbillies. Go elsewhere.

07-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Does anyone have any knowledge if any of the 17 million dollars in stimulus money given today to Florida will go to the FWC?

Waiting to be HIRED

07-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Casual, Go elsewhere because the state is in shambles... There is NO way that FWC gets any stimulus money the governor and legislature are keeping it..

07-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Tony,

I am so sorry that you stumbled upon this web site that’s full of negativity and misinformation. I, as the Recruiter/Community Relations Officer for the South Region of the State of Florida, will be more than happy to speak to you at length about the hiring process, the job it’s self, and answer any questions that you may have about the FWC.
Respectfully,

Your friendly recruiter.

07-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Tony,

I am so sorry that you stumbled upon this web site that’s full of negativity and misinformation. I, as the Recruiter/Community Relations Officer for the South Region of the State of Florida, will be more than happy to speak to you at length about the hiring process, the job it’s self, and answer any questions that you may have about the FWC.
Respectfully,

Your friendly recruiter.

If the recruiter is still Pino I'd take what he has to say with a grain of salt. He'll tell you about guys that left and now beg to come back. Ask for names and speak to those officers.

07-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Tony,

Respectfully,

Your friendly recruiter.

Unless you are hispanic or speak spanish, he won't give you the time of day. He makes more money than us and does less, somehow I don't think that is fair, he needs to go back to the school board, oh thats right, they ran him off. Contact another recruiter in a different region, the recruiter in SRA has no clue what he is talking about.