PDA

View Full Version : Layoffs?!!

09-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Heard CCPD may be laying off up to 44! WTF!! I hope the tax payers/voters are happy with their precious amendment 1 $250.00 "savings"!!

09-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Heard CCPD may be laying off up to 44! WTF!! I hope the tax payers/voters are happy with their precious amendment 1 $250.00 "savings"!!Happy? Try ecstatic! This is GREAT news, If it's true!

:evil:

The Cape Coral city budget has been devastated buy the real estate market implosion. Earlier this year 1 in 67 homes was in foreclosure for Christs sake! nearly every single city agency has made budget cuts, lost staff and reorganized to be more efficient.

You do realize the city just got done buying out 198 employees with an early retirement offer, of those 33 of were CCPD. And the new city budget they've approved has $25 million in cuts over last years budget.

So Needless to say i was stunned when chief Petrovich still wanted to add 10 more doe eyed recruits after just buying out 38 officers!

TALK ABOUT WTF!??? moments! THEY NEED TO LAY OFF 44, THEN LAY ANOTHER 30 OFF FROM THE CCPD.

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... 9/1003/ACC (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080903/NEWS0101/809030399/1003/ACC)

"Councilman Tim Day, who had originally pushed for the buyouts, was more hopeful that the plan could save taxpayers.

"We know that, at the end of the day, as long as we don't fill these spots, we make out," Day said. "That's why council's going to have to weigh very, very seriously who we fill. As tough as it is this year, next year's going to be tougher."

The city is going into next year with severely depleted coffers. The city has lost more than 25 percent of its taxable value over the last year forcing the city cut about $25 out of next year's budget. The cuts have already meant 110 fewer positions going into next year. More cuts are certainly possible.

"I'm not so much worried about the positions I'm losing," said Cape Coral police Chief Rob Petrovich. His department is losing 38 people to retirement, about 7 percent of the department. About 30 positions in the police department are being cut from next year's budget, although 10 officers will be hired to fill positions. The department is losing two assistant chiefs, five sergeants, a captain and a lieutenant as part of the retirements.

The three assistant chief positions will not be filled as part of the restructuring, pending City Council approval.

"I'm losing a lot of good people and a lot of experience, but I do know that I have good people that will step up and take over. I'm more worried about the positions I can't replace," Petrovich said."

09-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Tim Day is as usless as his police academy. Mr Up north policeman with 0 years experience. He has a hot temper and talks the talk but does not walk the walk. Hey Tim good job slamming your own agency voting for the cuts. When you dial 911 it may be a while and grab a sncikers Timmy ole pal. Maybe you can take your teletubby friend Jay Murphy with you. Tim you a phony and a sneek. You have one coming one day, because what goes around comes around and you are due.

09-21-2008, 07:16 PM
When you dial 911 it may be a while and grab a sncikers Timmy ole pal.In other words nothings changed when you call the CCPD huh? Just grab a Snickers and wait. Thats because they'll be to busy pulling over someone on fishing expedition that turns out to be fruitless (the ol CCPD catch and release routine). You were just concerned about my safety this evening my ass, sir! The concept of probable cause means nothing to these misfits. :snicker:

09-22-2008, 12:52 AM
When you dial 911 it may be a while and grab a sncikers Timmy ole pal.In other words nothings changed when you call the CCPD huh? Just grab a Snickers and wait. Thats because they'll be to busy pulling over someone on fishing expedition that turns out to be fruitless (the ol CCPD catch and release routine). You were just concerned about my safety this evening my ass, sir! The concept of probable cause means nothing to these misfits. :snicker:
Here we go with the peanut gallery. You are either a true tax paying civilian or another disgruntled LEO.

09-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Here we go with the peanut gallery. You are either a true tax paying civilian or another disgruntled LEO.try a tax paying civvy with first hand knowledge of how the CCPD conducts itself. I'll believe the CCPD isn't overstaffed when they no longer have ANY time left to conduct fruitless "catch and release" fishing expeditions that result in nothing but pissing off the public. Nobody cares if your "just concerned for our safety this evening". That's just a catch phrase for "I'm bored out of my mind this evening and decided to pull you over without cause, may i search your vehicle tonight? I don't actually have any probable cause to... but if your stupid enough to throw away your rights I'll be happy to search your car and bust you for a dime bag of coke that three owner previous to you lost under the car seat one night."

At best the CCPD is overstaffed with officers that have to much time on their hands, or at worst they aren't overstaffed and officers still continue to waste time and money on fishing expeditions, rather then focus on more important crimes. Either way the CCPD needs to be reigned in.

I swear Cape cops are so full of themselves about their value to the community! I'm surprised they haven't bought the "The World Is Yours" sculpture from Scarface and installed it in the CCPD lobby. lol

Oh well i guess Chief Petrovich can always buy one of these for his desk... http://www.tfaw.com/Toys/Profile/Best-Of-Scarface:-The-World-Is-Yours-PVC-Replica___285496

09-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Here we go with the peanut gallery. You are either a true tax paying civilian or another disgruntled LEO.try a tax paying civvy with first hand knowledge of how the CCPD chooses to conduct itself. I'll believe the CCPD isn't overstaffed when they no longer have time left to conduct fruitless "catch and release" fishing expeditions that result in nothing but wasting people time and pissing off the public.

Nobody cares if your "just concerned for our safety this evening". That's just a catch phrase for "I'm bored out of my mind this evening so i decided to pull you over without cause. May i search your vehicle, sir? I don't actually have any probable cause to... but if your stupid enough to waive you rights I'll be happy to search your car for you. Mind you if i find a dime bag of coke that three owners previous to you lost under the car seat one night i'm going to bust you for felony possesion of cocaine."

At best the CCPD is overstaffed with officers that have to much time on their hands. At worst they aren't overstaffed and officers still continue to waste time and money on illegal fishing expeditions, rather then focus on more important crimes. Either way the CCPD needs to be reigned in.

I swear Cape cops are so full of themselves about their value to the community! Oh well i guess Chief Petrovich can always buy one of these for his desk... lol http://www.tfaw.com/Toys/Profile/Best-Of-Scarface:-The-World-Is-Yours-PVC-Replica___285496

09-22-2008, 04:05 PM
oops, first post came back with a database error after hitting submit, so i backed up, made a few changes and tried it again. I guess the original post took even with the error...

09-22-2008, 04:30 PM
CCPD hired too many too quick banking on the continued growth. 12-15 recruits in every academy clas for the past two years is unheard of for an agency the size of CCPD.